User Reviews for Sucroferric oxyhydroxide

4.5

Summary of Sucroferric oxyhydroxide reviews 4.5 5 reviews

Reviews for Sucroferric oxyhydroxide

Shelbert · Taken for less than 1 month June 20, 2019

Velphoro (sucroferric oxyhydroxide) for Hyperphosphatemia of Renal Failure: "I've only been on this med for a week. Discolored stools & diarrhea. I'm hoping this will eventually go away."

Sprìnkles · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 11, 2019

Velphoro (sucroferric oxyhydroxide) for Hyperphosphatemia of Renal Failure: "I take this medication with water in my mouth as I chew because it’s chalky. It turns your mouth brownish orange but can be rid of by drinking and brushing your teeth. It doesn’t taste horrible, just the dry chalky texture is unpleasant. The only side effect I get is right before my bowel expels it, I get stomach cramps. Then the feces is dark in color. No issues otherwise. It lowers phosphorous great and I only take 1 pill with meals."

Kahless · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 31, 2018

Velphoro (sucroferric oxyhydroxide) for Hyperphosphatemia of Renal Failure: "Black stool has been my only problem. I was using Renvela, which worked better but made me nauseated. I'm up to 2 tablets per meal and I was taking Tums with it but my calcium level jumped."

Gmckinnon725 · Taken for less than 1 month September 3, 2017

Velphoro (sucroferric oxyhydroxide) for Hyperphosphatemia of Renal Failure: "Dark stool and stomach discomfort"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 12, 2015

Velphoro (sucroferric oxyhydroxide) for Hyperphosphatemia of Renal Failure: "BLACK stool, orange residue in mouth (even after brushing), gave me funky breathe after chewing. I found chewing gum would aleviate the residue and breathe."