User Reviews for Sofosbuvir / velpatasvir to treat Hepatitis C

Also known as: Epclusa

Sofosbuvir/velpatasvir Rating Summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 30 medications used in the treatment of Hepatitis C.

Reviews for Sofosbuvir/velpatasvir

Tusya · Taken for less than 1 month July 9, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir): "I've been on Epclusa 4 weeks already. Have no obvious side effects, just a little bit of anxiety. I really hope this medicine works. I'm 36y.o. female who has been diagnosed with Hepatitis C genotype 1b in early May this year after I had my second miscarriage in row :-(. Doctors believe the virus is the reason of its."

SammyJ · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 19, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir): "I was diagnosed with Hep C in February 2019. 56 year old male. Started Epclusa April 22nd. After 31 days had blood work. No signs of virus. I will finish the 90 days in July. Only real side effect, tiredness and fatigue about 2–3pm each day. One pill Daily at 7am. Miracle drug ! Very happy. My insurance covers it all!"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 18, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir): "The first 3 weeks of using Epclusa was insane...I was incredibly tired & nauseous. Like a mix of morning sickness and the worst hangover of your life. I used the comfort meds for the entire 90 day ordeal. However, now 3 months after my treatment I am still hep free, and am living a normal healthy life. I have no lingering side effects. Mentally, it was refreshing...like the last trace of damage I had done while being in active addiction had been erased.. Like I now have a clean slate. It has been an incredible gift, despite the 90 days of wanting to throw up. I would 100% do it again. It was worth it."

AussieJ June 17, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir): "45 year old male here with Hep C, Genotype 3a. I had non-specific symptoms (malaise, brain-fog and fatigue, especially after waking in the morning) for around 6 months prior to Hep C diagnosis early December 2018. These symptoms progressively worsened but were manageable, however I did notice my mood improve quickly after the first few days. I completed my 12 week course of Epclusa at the end of March but haven't received my SVR results for 12 week post treatment yet. My fatigue and brain-fog worsened over the first 2 months after treatment completion, yet were still manageable. I have had tinnitus since just before end of treatment which has not improved as yet but is manageable if not annoying at times. Over the last 6 weeks I have been feeling improvement with all my symptoms, especially brain-fog. If you consider the alternative to treatment and look at the previous treatments that were available, completing a course of Epclusa is a wise decision for many reasons."

Cj · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 14, 2019

"Just finished week 7 of sofosbuvir with velpatasvir today - I am on a 12 week treatment plan. I have hep C Geno 3. I tested h.c.v not detected in my labs at 4 weeks I have not had any bad side affects so far I am thankful that I have this opportunity to take this meds I'll post a update on July 19 2019 that is my last day of treatment"

Skpp930 June 5, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir): "I pray for all of you that the symptoms you feel go away. All of mine have stayed with me since 2017 I am damaged inside my body inside my brain and all of these doctors all say the same thing - there's no way at Epclusa could have done this I hope all of you get through this and your symptoms to go away but mine stayed with me and I feel like I'm going crazy everyday. Everyday I feel more alive in my dreams than I do when I'm awake now I have constant pain in my knees, constant brain fog, everything hurts, I have no digestion, I have no colon that works anymore, it has messed everything up inside of me. It did get rid of hep C but in my opinion it messed me up. I would not tell anybody to take this medication this medication is the same thing as Harvoni with just a extra medicine and in it I pray for all of you taking this medicine. If my hep C comes back I will never try treatment again"

Kirkready · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 3, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir): "I am. Liver Transplant Recipient : Date : Nov 6th 2017 “Hep C 3” EPCLUSA : Start June 7th 2018 To Sept 7th 2018 NO DETECTION 3rd WEEK IN JULY 2018. Happy Camper. "

Lightwins · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 23, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir): "I completed Epclusa treatment in August 2018 and was cleared hep c free in September. During treatment I didn't have any major physical side affects except for tinnitus but I was very moody, depressed, short tempered and had anxiety. 9 months on I still have tinnitus but that's the least of my worries. I have allergies which I never had before and I am always sick now. I now have leaky gut syndrome and have some food intolerances. The most challenging thing is having depression and anxiety. Some days I feel a burst of sadness & depression where I would be affected the entire day and it has become frequent but I'm lucky to have a very supportive partner who's there for me. I have absolutely nothing to be depressed about but I get these feelings. I refuse to fall victim in taking big pharmas antidepressants. Epclusa has maybe saved my life which I am very grateful but I am annoyed that its priced at 80k for treatment! I no longer have hep c but it did come at a price. Time to detox."

Angeltn · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 22, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir): "I have hep c, genotype3. Today I had my first dose of epclusa, I was so nervous about starting, but now I'm committed. I'm 60 years and been very sick praying that this will kill the hep C. Of course no side effects yet, but will comment later to let everyone know. I guess we all are anxious about what this drug can do besides clear the hep.c. I know I was worried about everything,,but enough liver damage. Im ready to live clean and healthy."

Starfire14 May 19, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir): "I was blessed to be accepted in Gilead’s 3 month program and I’m halfway through my last round of pills. My side effects are minimal and after the first month my Hep C was undetectable! This is an amazing medication and I am so so grateful to Gilead for blessing me with this life-saving Med!"

SexySarah · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir): "I’m 37 yrs old female I been on Epclusa for 5 days and I have missed almost everyday I’ve had to work. I have literally slept the whole time, I really hope this sleepy and nauseous feelings GO AWAY! I’m gonna lose my job as I’m so tired I can hardly write this! I’ve been drinking tons of water. I’ll let everyone know how I am later if I’m awake to tell you."

cv2 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 12, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir): "Epclusa cured my chronic hepatitis C, genotype 1b, so it works, I took it for 3 months. Side effects were negligible, nausea, heartburn, fatigue. After therapy HCV RNS negative, after 3 months negative and after 6 months still negative."

Hopeful in missouri · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir): "Just started this medication today. I hope it works. I'll keep you posted."

Jeff · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 10, 2019

"Genotype 2 viral load of 14.5 million. Blood test after 4 weeks on sofosbuvir/velpatasvir show no more viral load. Have not experienced any side effects. 5 more weeks of medicine to go. Easy"

Prblkbutterfly · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir): "Hi everyone. Thank everyone for sharing their experiences about Epclusa. This is my 3rd nite taking it. I definitely agree with the fatigue. I will keep you posted."

Big B · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 6, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir): "I'm on the 8th week of Epclusa. I'm 30 lbs over weight. I can hardly breathe and my stamina is gone. I'm scared on how fat I will be when I'm done.r?"

Hopeful · Taken for less than 1 month April 27, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir): "I am on day 24 with taking Epclusa and so far just some headaches and brain fogginess, staying positive and nervous for end result. Almost seems to good to be true to be cured from Hep C after 19 years with it. I have a 2 year old to raise so really need it to work. My liver hurts every once in a while but trying not to over analyze if medicine is working by my body aches. Lol."

Sunshine cj · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2019

"Just want to start to share my journey of 12 weeks on sofosbuvir/velpatasvir. I just took first pill today, so far so good I will check in every Friday with a update on my journey. I have Hep C geno 3 was diagnosed in 93 and no prior treatment till now. I drink 60 ounces of water daily at this point"

Hopefull April 25, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir): "Finished my last dose of Epclusa on March 15 , and was weak but a month later I am soo tired and weak it's hard to do anything. I feel like all of my energy has been sucked from my body! I am completely miserable! I'm worried and wondering if anyone else has these symptoms? Literally in bed 24/7!"

Stormy · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 19, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir): "After 3 weeks on Epclusa and no Hep C virus detected. First 4 days had brain fog, mild headaches and muscle cramping. I'm in the 9th week I feel pretty good. Ringing in the ears has started. I go to the gym to help with cramping. Eat every few hours and drink plenty of water."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 14, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir): "65yr old Geno 3. It is 6mths since finished Epclusa and I have loss of hearing in my right ear, nausea, numb fingers and can't sleep. I got rid of virus but I really did feel better BEFORE I did treatment. Liver clinic and Dr no help whatsoever, no one seems to know anything except that these horrible feelings won't be going away and I feel like a guinea pig. I can't get any help ,no one cares, Gilead makes money. I had this treatment here in Australia"

Gerryboy13 · Taken for less than 1 month April 12, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir): "Just about to take my very 1st dose of epclusa Will report back and let you know how things go."

jjjj456 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 19, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir): "Completed the 3 months of Epclusa treatment in December 2018 for my Hep C, it is now March 2019 and the side effects are worse now. I have constant buzzing in my head/ears (tinnitus), numbness & tingling, internal shakiness, insomnia, brain fog, very weak, depression, and back pain. I regret taking Epclusa. I felt better before the treatment. I have gone to a Naturopathic Practitioner, Chiropractor, and Acupuncturist to try to help but it is not any better. I don't know what to do at this point and it is scary."

Gypsylife · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 12, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir): "Week 5 of treatment with Epclusa and blood work results from week 3 of treatment; viral load count down from 1.5 million to 40/Forty! Doctor said blood work from week 5 might come back as non detected! I get those results next month, along with my Fibroscan results. Blood work has my liver damage score between 1-2. Doctor told me that will reverse with completion of treatment. Side effects have been minimal and tolerable."

Eve · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 8, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir): "I was cured and experienced very few and very mild side effects while on the drug."

Learn more about Hepatitis C

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)