User Reviews for NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets

Nasal Congestion
4.5

Reviews for NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets

FreedomRich · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 12, 2021

For Nasal Congestion: “Have used NeilMed per instructions, and per allergist, for chronic sinusitis, for two years. It took awhile (a month) to adjust to drowning the sinuses in a saline bath, twice a day. It started out slightly irritating and congesting too but the reward for sticking it out, has been zero sinus infections, a big, big deal. But the doctor had to prescribe a powdered antibiotic (Mupirocin) to the saline solution, to accomplish this (due to 9 prior sinus surgeries). Three middle ear infections have developed from the solution reaching & stagnating in the eustachian tubes, but could be because I also have immune issues. Bottom line - NeilMed has substantially reduced the misery of sinusitis, and I'm no longer on oral antibiotics every other month for those nasty sinus infections. A major improvement in quality of life.”

Jam sing · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2021

For Nasal Congestion: “I used this product once and now the entire half of my face is swollen. My eyes, jaws and lip is very swollen and getting bigger. There is no warning on the product indicating the side effects. Very bad product”

Txjetmech February 3, 2021

For Nasal Congestion: “This is a great product but you have to use it correctly. People complaining about headaches and skin peeling leads me to believe they are not following instructions. You have to use distilled water because of the impurities in tap water. If you use tap water you have to boil it for 5 minutes and then allow it to cool. I have used this product for years and have never experienced the issues people complain about here. YouTube has lots of videos on correct use. Maybe a little more education is in order”

Jim · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 9, 2020

For Nasal Congestion: “Had sinus infection a couple of times a year and seasonal allergies every fall and spring. My father in law introduced me to NeilMed sinus rinse about 3 years ago. I started using it at least once per day and have not had a sinus infection since and little if any seasonal allergy problems since. I do not go a day without using it! Great stuff.”

Zena · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2018

For Nasal Congestion: “Used NeilMed sinus rinse properly according the instructions for 2 days on the advice by the ENT doctor. On the third day I started wheezing and coughing. By the end of the day had and extreme difficulty to breath. Saw the doctor on emergency visit. Diagnosed as having an acute bronchitic spasms as an allergy reaction due to a sinus rinse. If my doctor did not give me the injections of solumedrol right away, that experience could be fatal. I am taking prednisone now. WHY there is no warning of this kind on the brochure?”

Anonymous December 29, 2020

For Nasal Congestion: “I used it on Dec. 3 , 4 - only three times. Then I woke up to a swollen red nose, severe itching. I experienced blisters, peeling skin. Finally called doctor Dec.10 and received a prescription for prednisone and an antibiotic. I took my meds and it helped to a degree. My nose was so severely affected that I could not insert a Qtip into my nose. Eventually tissue started to hang out of my nostrils and I used a tweezers to pull the skin out of my nose. Eventually I was able to use a Qtip. My skin split like a paper cut on the edges of my nostrils and bled. I also experienced a severe rash all over my torso up to my ears. Severe itching. Rash does not respond to anything. Today is December 29 and this is still going on. There was no indication of any allergy symptoms on the package. This is so awful.”

SAFRANK January 7, 2018

For Nasal Congestion: “I've used the NeilMed sinus rinse packets every morning for about a year. In the last few weeks my nostrils, especially the right side, have dried up and formed uncomfortable scabs that are very irritating. Not particularly bloody just crusty. Is there anyone out there that has had this same experience? I do feel the rinse helps my cough variant asthma as well as minor reflux. therefore I hesitate to stop using but maybe should go to every other morning and see if there is relief. Thx for your input.”

Bea May 3, 2020

“I've been using the sinus rinse for a few months now my ENT gave it to me for dry nose. I didn't notice that my symptoms came from this sinus rinse before. My throat is sore my ears and head hurt every time I use it. I wasn't sure at first but now I know it's the sinus rinse. It does help my dry nose but a few day after use I always get sore throat ear ache and headache.”

Bill March 31, 2020

For Nasal Congestion: “I have used saline rinses since 1998. They work for me. Less asthma medication. Very few if any negative effects from sinus rinses, but had negative effects from using asthma inhalations 16 times a day for years. Only use 2 inhalations, normally, now. Have used over a gallon of salt water through my nose in a day. It is better than using antibiotics. Sometimes, antibiotics are needed, but not as often. I was born with very low immunity. Saline rinses wash my nose clean. ”

Bianca · Taken for less than 1 month July 25, 2020

For Nasal Congestion: “This has left me feeling very dizzy, like someone has just bashed me on the head. I only used it once but will not use it again. There were no side effects warning of these symptoms on the box. The doctor suggested I use it to unblock my nasal passages. My eyes are also smarting. I was careful to follow the instructions.”

SickRon · Taken for less than 1 month November 27, 2017

For Nasal Congestion: “Used before shower due to sinus congestion. Within less than a minute , I developed sharp full headache and BP taken 5 minutes after rose to 163/120 with pulse at 97. Very traumatic. I’m 69, have headache and high pressure in sinuses an hour later and counting. Beware and if buy be sure to test single squeeze each nostril and wait 40 minutes or so.”

Ac · Taken for less than 1 month April 25, 2020

For Nasal Congestion: “I Used Neilmed sinus rinse three days in a row. I started to have nosebleeds and headaches. There is no side effects warning on the box. My husband was the one that brought this to my attention if the nosebleed and headaches could be a side effect from it.”

Red29 · Taken for less than 1 month April 21, 2020

For Nasal Congestion: “Causes terrible sores in my nose. Painful crusty sores. Only used it twice a day. And I have had two rashes on my legs, since I have been using this. No thank you. They really should worn you about all side effects. So the patient can make an informed decision thank you.”

Joanie1028 May 31, 2017

For Nasal Congestion: “I used this twice yesterday and once this morning and got a headache all 3 times and it didn't help my post nasal drip. I won't use it again”

Joe · Taken for less than 1 month December 28, 2020

For Nasal Congestion: “Huge waste of money. The product is just baking soda and salt and they charge $20 for "Purified Water".”

Mac · Taken for less than 1 month June 1, 2019

For Nasal Congestion: “Twice tried to use it can’t get it to go in one nostril and out the other ???”

Anonymous January 14, 2018

For Nasal Congestion: “causes terrible itching”

Lala September 24, 2020

For Nasal Congestion: “After using this product NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets I experience very sharp pain on the top of my head, not in my sinus area. Contacted my Doctor and see if my sinus infection.”

Fu fu · Taken for less than 1 month December 22, 2019

For Nasal Congestion: “I have used it in after the fourth time using it my nose was burning I have thick crust in my nose I can’t breath out of one and am on oxygen bad combination ”

More about NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets (sodium chloride nasal)

Other brands