User Reviews for Uptravi to treat Pulmonary Hypertension

Uptravi Rating Summary

4.2/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 30 medications used in the treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension.

Reviews for Uptravi

"I started at 200 mcg on 2/7. Side affects escalated so by the next titration of 400 mcg. I was in so much pain, it hurt to move and my jaw pain was ridiculously annoying. I never experienced muscle pain like this before. I told my nurse when he came. I was supposed to go to 600 mcg but the set me back at 200. Which is where I still am. If I didn’t have severe side affects I’d already be at 1200 mcg. The good part is that I found that I breathe a lot better and had more energy. Even my cough wasn’t as bad. The down side is that I began to have diarrhea and that sucks. The pain of diarrhea not being able to eat, absolutely no appetite. What do I do? Imodium isn’t working. I’m stuck in the house. Sorry to say the good doesn’t out weigh the bad and I’d rather not be on this medicine."

JuCii (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2019

"I am back and it has been 2 years. I am still on 200 x a day. I also take revatio and letaris now and I have had 2 echos the past 2 years.My PAH pressures 5mmg. So It is working for me. I have mild PAH. Hope it stays like that for years to come."

nyvia January 30, 2019

"1st week 200 mg - fine 2nd week 400 mg - still fine 3rd week - OMG the pain in - well everywhere is over whelming. Headache, body ache had to sleep with mother as she was calling doctors at 1:00 am - almost called 911. I moaned every breath I took. I'm sure I'll get used to it - NOT!!! I don't know what to say other than the reviews were totally accurate to the nightmare that I had. At first I was like - ok I can do this - maybe I'll be the lucky one who has no side effects - I was wrong"

easter (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2018

"Oh my goodness. I feel restless and irritable. I have ringing in my ears. These are horrible pills."

e December 8, 2018

"Side effects are flushed face, heart burn. It is my second week and just started 400mg 2 times a day. I'm grumpy"

e (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2018

"Only 1 day of taking this and I'm up at 11:00pm and itchy so far."

e (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2018

"This medication causes excruciating pain that I have explained to my doctors on more than one occasion unfortunately my opinion doesn’t matter to them bc I am still taking this medication and suffering. I haven’t been able to go pass 600 mcg for over 2 years. I have to take narcotics just to have 2 hours of relief from the pain this med causes. My shortness of breath has not improved while on this drug either. Currently taking 3 meds for my pulmonary hypertension @ 24 years old and have seen no improvement to my condition."

Jay (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 22, 2018

"I dread having to take this medication. The pain from the side effects can sometimes be unbearable. I don't see how anyone can possibly reach the maximum dose."

mark lara (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2018

"Hi , I'm having the same as another person.I'm on 400mg twice a day. In sooo much pain..I asked my Dr's nurse what to do, she said my body needs to get used to the PAIN!!! I need to talk to my doctor, he's out of the country. I'm not getting it, this much pain and still can't breathe right? I guess I will have to stay at this level NO WAY I'M MOVING UP!!!"

Tammy Beachem October 11, 2017

"I am with this medication for 2 months in 1600mg twice a day I don't feel it help me and I have a lot of side effect like headache, hot red flashes on my face, eyes, pain in my legs, arms sometimes diarrhea, less appetite. I hope continuing this medicine improve my breathe because I'm not ok right now. I'm taking adcirca and( nitric oxide this is a study).."

Ubita April 14, 2017

"I'm on my 2nd week of the tritation. I do have some headaches my skin is itchy and I have a weird heartburn sensation. However I will continue I hope the positive will outweigh the negative. It was hard to get this pill so I really want to try and makes it through this tritation. My other meds are letrais and sildeifide. which I love"

Eileene (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2017

"Its more convenient then doing a breathing treatment every two hours. That said i made it to 1200mcg twice a day .the headaches and body aches are side affects I accept them to breath better . I am staying at 1200 mcg for 3weeks now . I still have headaches (migraines) and are not as bad as when I have advanced each week .so this is my vacation before raising my dosage. I'm in stage 3 of pulmonary arterial hypertension and not on oxygen as of yet . I do take two other helpful medicines to help out . As I progress on Uptravi doses I cut back on breathing treatments (Ventavis)one dose a week .As of today I have stopped Ventavis and rely on the Uptravi . I hope Uptravi is the answer for helping me breathe better."

ronston November 14, 2016

"I am on my second dose 400mcg 2 times a day. The doctor is gonna have to lower it to 200mcg. I felt good at that dose. Side effects are pain on my legs and arms and restlessness. When I was on 200mcg twice a day, they were mild side effects. When I uppered the dose to 400mcg 2 times a day, the side effects were terrible. I cant deal with that kind of pain. Toooo much. Guess my dosage is gonna be 200mcg a day.its only been 2 weeks. But at least I don't get sob. I get tired cause the pain is sooo bad. Everyone is different so I would recommend it. I will be back in a month or two for my other rating. I haven't been taking it that long. I just can't stand that pain."

Nyvia (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2016