User Reviews for Kevzara to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

Kevzara Rating Summary

4.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 306 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Kevzara

Liz · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 21, 2020

“I have been diagnosed with RA for one and a half years. I started with Oral methotrexate but it stopped working and had side effects. I have had 4 injections of the Kevzara and feel wonderful! Still taking 4 pills of methotrexate but hopefully I will be able to get off. The only side effect is a slight cough for a day after the injection. But I am not going to stop taking it. I wish everyone would benefit from this medication like I have. I feel like me again. Prayers answered.”

She’s · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 21, 2020

“I’ve been taking Kevzara for over a year and it’s working great. I’ve had no flair ups, no pain and no problem at the injection site. I also take methotrexate so giving myself two shots is no fun but it beats the alternative.”

Dizzy · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 21, 2020

“I just stopped taking Kevzara last week as the last 2 injections malfunctioned and the plunger did not move so I couldn't get the medicine out. I did get some relief at first but not as much as I had in the past with Enbrel (morning but it stopped working about 2 years ago and I've been looking for one that works like Enbrel. I didn't get enough relief from the Kevzara to have to worry if it's going to malfunction again”

DHS · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 21, 2019

“This med Kevzara did a wonderful job lowering my inflammation—better than Humira and even Cimzia. However, I was only able to stay on it about 2 months as I had horrible injection site reactions. Each injection site who become a large, red itchy and raised patch for about 2-4 wks before turning dry and scaly (and still itchy). Since I was doing a injection every 2 weeks, I had irritation all over my belly and sometimes I would just feel itchy all over with a faint rash (arms, etc). I had to stop. This med also didn’t seem to relieve pain in my hands and feet although all of my other joints felts good overall.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 14, 2019

“I've taken three Kevzara injections so far. My doctor wants me off steroids and Arava. With each injections, I had a worsening cough, sinus congestion, and now mouth ulcers and a sore throat. It's tolerable and only a minor nuisance so far. I'm willing to tolerate all this if I'm told that these minor side effects will go away with continued use. The internet doesn't say- anyone know?”

Grandmajo June 22, 2019

“I've been taking Kevzara injections for a few months now. It seems to be helping the pain of RA, but I've been having chronic UTI issues for over a year now. After this last injection today, I'll be darned if I'll ever take it again! About an hour and a half after my injection I had the worst urinary pain ever. I took a Uribel (Rx) which usually kicks in quickly, but not this time. I see that one of the side effects is urinary pain, and boy, it is pain!!”

Lisa · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 13, 2019

“I've only taken three injections so far. But I felt a little better with each injection... to the point that I actually look forward to my injections (which don't burn like Enbrel and Humira!! Almost no pain. ) After the third injection, the worse of my RA symptoms (tingling, burning and numbness in my hands) were gone and I just had what I think of as my normal RA ache and pains that I don't expect to go away after nearly 30 years with the disease. However... I was diagnosed with pneumonia last week (something I've never had before. I rarely even get colds.) so my Kevzara is on hold. I believe Kevzara is to blame for for the pneumonia but it's a risk I'm willing to take because it really works for my RA. But please be careful and call you doctor immediately at any sign of infection or illness.”

Living with RA · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 12, 2019

“My doc put me on Kevzara and it really made such a difference in my condition. I feel better than I have felt in years, and my CRP levels are finally in control. After stopping methotrexate I was worried, but finally feel like my life is finally back on track.”

Irene · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 8, 2018

“I have taken two injections of kevzara and refuse to take another. After both injections it has felt like I had the flu. The lethargy and pain has been the worst it’s ever been. I have had to go in for a Toradol shot each time to cope with the pain. Before Kevzara I have only had to have the toradol shots twice in over five years. I can’t afford to be unable to function for a week every two weeks.”

Dano · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 21, 2018

“My doctor put me on KEVZARA 10 weeks ago and took me off of 23.5 of mtx. (Not weened off, cold turkey) The KEVZARA nurse says to be patient that it could take up to 3 months to take effect. I am in the worst pain I’ve had since 1997 when I was diagnosed. Prior to KEVZARA I was on ORENCIA but it stopped working. Don’t know how to convince the doctor to put me back on mtx. He is not receptive to you telling him what you need.”

LFer · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 20, 2018

“"I've been on Kevzara for 16 week now and show little to no improvement. I’ll give it another month then I’m not too sure what I'll get next. I tried all medications for RA. This one is my last hope, but no improvement yet!”

dorko6994 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 14, 2018

“I've been on Kevzara for 10 weeks now and show little to no improvement. I take 20 mg of methotrexate by injection as well.The methotrexate makes me really sick every weekend so I tried to go a week on the Kevzara by itself. Huge mistake. The pain and swelling went through the roof. I've already tried Inflectra and Xeljanz with no success. Not too sure what I'll get next. Can't go on like this.”

Aggravated in Bama December 31, 2017

“I have tried this in my shoulder (in office physician injection), thigh, belly, and butt. Every time I get a huge (4 to 6) wheal/rash that literally hurts and itches for over a week. I can't see any effects because honestly I don't think it's absorbing and I'm still having flare ups. It's just not worth the pain and suffering that I have to endure.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 27, 2017

“It really helped me but a 4 inch rash appeared on my The calf of my leg, I also had really bad stomach pains and had black tarry stools. MyDdr took me off of Kevzara because of the latter (possibly a gastric bleed)”

Learn more about Rheumatoid Arthritis

Symptom checker

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)