User Reviews for PEG-3350 with Electolytes

PEG-3350 with Electolytes has an average rating of 9.7 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings on Drugs.com. 100% of those users who reviewed PEG-3350 with Electolytes reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Bowel Preparation
9.6
Gastrointestinal Decontamination
10.0
Summary of PEG-3350 with Electolytes reviews 9.7 9 reviews

Phonola March 30, 2021

“Filled the jug with water and put it in the refrigerator overnight. This stuff tastes terrible. My instruction sheet said that I could add a packet of crystal light lemon flavor to it to make it palatable. It didn't. I downed the first half of it in two hours, taking doses every 15 minutes. By the time the 8th glass came, I was ready to gag. The second half, which I started at 3 a.m. in the morning. I got as far as the 5th glass and I was ready to barf and said to myself that enough was enough. Luckily for me my movements were all clear and just yellow. The one thing about it was that it did what it was intended for, and I got the urge to go a lot but with no cramping whatsoever. If I have to do this over again in the future I will refuse to do it. The aftertaste that it left on my tongue was barf inducing.”

Cazzilo · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2019

For Bowel Preparation: “By far the best bowel prep I've ever used . Almost went to emergency the last time using another product due to severe cramping and pain . This time I used Bi-Peglyte 2 liter . The day prior ate a soft diet only . Only took one of the pre night pills due to the fact I always have a bowel movement in the mornings anyway . Tastes awful but just quickly guzzled it every 20 minutes . Very gentle with zero pain discomfort . Was dreading it but turned out to be a breeze . A+”

Bubbles · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2019

For Bowel Preparation: “I took a generic form of this PEG-3350 bowel prep, the lemon-lime it was already flavored so no flavor packets to deal with. (Polyethylene glycol electrolyte solution) for my colonoscopy prep, Its taste is very palatable, imagine drinking a 7 up that has gone flat, it's a mild lemon-lime flavor that's a little bit salty. Easy to drink, no gag, no holding the nose. I took an anti nausea pill at 6am (just in case, don't need to be expelling from both ends at the same time LOL), started drinking the prep at 6.30pm and by 8pm it was working well. At 10.30pm I was able to go to bed and actually sleep. 2nd dose started at 5.30M and was expelling every 10/20 mins up until 10am.I had to be at the surgery center by 11am so was getting concerned. Just wish you didn't have to drink a gallon of it since I also had to get down an additional 64oz water throughout the day, plus the liquid only diet, that's just too much liquid! I'd choose this prep again but I'd start drinking it 2 hrs earlier than recommended.”

cyberjlo June 24, 2014

For Bowel Preparation: “Drinking with a straw helps as well as chilling the liquid. Started feeling full/bloated until it started working, about 60 minutes after first 8 oz. Also would recommend wearing a panty liner (yes, men too!) Because you don't always have the control you need getting to the toilet on time.”

HateThisItWorks · Taken for less than 1 month September 15, 2015

For Bowel Preparation: “Started at 5p, drank 5 glasses. Started working within 1st hour. 2 more at midnight, and now working on the other half at 3am. Bowel keep bubbling and now I have green poop. Im sure Im cleaned out, but I dont want to have to repeat this... So Im gonna make it below 3/4 of a gallon. Worst is the heartburn feeling. And I havent had soilds for 2 days.. So at this point I'm exhausted.”

Colonoscopy screening · Taken for less than 1 month May 22, 2014

For Gastrointestinal Decontamination: “Not that bad, all my friends and family told me their experiences and now I am going through it myself. half gallon at night, and half gallon in the morning. Occupying the restroom every 5 minutes. I am just following through the direction... hope the screening is a smooth one too.”

Azula821 April 27, 2011

For Bowel Preparation: “It's really hard for me to drink it. I had only finished 4 1/2 glasses of water and I started at 6:00 am and right now on 9:31 am still not drinking the half because I have to stop because I needed rest. It did make me nauseous. I'm currently waiting for myself to drink it again. I don't know if I can still do it. I hope I can.”

Vespera · Taken for less than 1 month June 8, 2018

For Bowel Preparation: “This worked well, but it was SO GROSS! Why no added flavoring?! "Drink one 8oz glass every 15 minutes until you have completed 3 liters." I couldn't do it. Drinking 3 liters of anything that fast is hard, but this tasted so disgusting, I could hardly get it done. It took 2 extra hours and prayer to complete. I would describe the taste as salty liquefied chicken fat. If you have been prescribed this, good luck.”

Bad prep June 16, 2017

For Bowel Preparation: “2nd time having a colonoscopy first time a breeze from beginning to end, even drinking the prep (TRILYTE) NO PROBLEM. Flush lasted only hours. This time the prep was PEG-3350 with Electolytes, horrible. Why? Flavored unnecessary, very heavy the combination made me nauseous, bloating, distended belly. I was RUNNING 2 the bathroom 2 days later, my stomach has never stop rumbling and growling. I have little to no appetite. Took the prep on Tuesday today is Friday and I still feel ill.”

ttop357 February 26, 2014

For Bowel Preparation: “My first glass was a shocker kind of salty but after that it was it was okay.It did the job if you know what I mean.”

More about PEG-3350 with Electolytes (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes)

Other brands