User Reviews for MoviPrep

Learn more about MoviPrep.

Constipation, Chronic 3 reviews 30 medications

7.8
Bowel Preparation 182 reviews 113 medications

7.4
Gastrointestinal Decontamination 2 reviews 44 medications

Summary of MoviPrep reviews 187 reviews 6.4

Reviews for MoviPrep

For Bowel Preparation "I just finished my first litre of Moviprep for my colonoscopy tomorrow. It's disgusting tasting and very hard to swallow, I'm constantly gagging. It does exactly what it's suppose to though, I feel like I'm peeing from my butt and it's definitely cleaning out my system. I'm dreading the next litre in the morning."

StephJM (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "After having to take Moviprep 3 times I have to say it is absolutely disgusting but does the trick. I recommend taking laxative tablets too as after doing that the last time I only had to take the first half of the prep and my whole bowel was cleaned out"

Ellb123 April 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "If you're not a salt lover, then this tastes like a lemon/lime margarita without the tequila and tons if salt! I got it done exactly as I was supposed to. It took over an hour to kick in, and drinking the 16 oz. of water after really helped​. I did do the 2nd dose the next morning as directed. Again it worked. I did have pain in my stomach not sure if it was gas from the prep or hunger pains. After I had the colonoscopy, the Doc told me the prep did not completely clean me out. Ugh!! So, instead of going back in 10 years, I will need to go back in 3 and hope they give me something different."

Cond April 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "34 from UK in prep for a colonoscopy. Used the orange one with orange cordial to hide the taste. Wasn't too bad but obviously does taste rather rank. Started it at 3pm and finished the litre at around 6pm, just wasn't feeling it so close together. Kicked in first with a few stomach cramps and lots of wind and gurgles then boom. As others have said, it sure felt like I was peeing from my bum. "

Bootyprep April 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "Omg it tastes vile. I'm struggling to get through the first litre. I'm not looking forward to the aftermath or taking the 2nd litre. I'm just looking forward to eating after my colonoscopy tomorrow. I'm so hungry.. ."

Gluedtoloo (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "Took Moviprep Orange at 5pm last night and 6am this morning, it's now 10:15am and movements have stopped. I found it quite easy to drink and not too unpleasant. I think nerves from what I had read made the first glass the worst. I drank it in one go expecting something awful but it wasn't. I drank the others easily. The instructions for last night were 7pm but a friend who has done this twice advised I gave it extra time so I started early. Good decision because by 9pm nothing had happened. I was getting a little concerned but eventually it worked. Up early and took the morning doses over the space of an hour. I have also drunk 2 litres of water. Had four 'visits' this morning and only passed water. Don't worry taking this!"

Busbee April 8, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "Don't know what the problem is with taking it.... Yes it isn't pleasant but it does what it says on the tin and that is the reason you have to take it. The hardest thing for me is the hunger I can't wait to have food after my colonscopy tomorrow ."

Gazza 1810 April 2, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "Took this medication was absolutely dreading it and for good reason tried every way to get it down but wouldn't stay down. Had to cancel colonoscopy as I also didn't go to the toilet at all was such a waste of time and effort"

Sarah"/ March 31, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "Drank the first liter of stuff , tasted like alka seltzler, waited 2 hours and it started, the cleansing begun . Sat on toilet for 10 minutes for first round ,scared to rise up because I'll be coming back , going start second liter , tasted worse , minor bloat and cramp. Done with second liter , slow flushing system , don't know how many More trips to loo, hope all goes well tomorrow."

Colon cleanser (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "Currently drinking moviprep. 1st litre just finished!!! Taste not great but it isn't that bad. I drank flavoured water inbetween drinks to take away the taste"

Jenno75 March 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "18, from the UK so get this lovely stuff for free. First smelt it and I was pleasantly surprised at the fragrance. I thought this won't be so bad! Made up my first litre of Moviprep in good spirit, and took the first sip; it was absolutely awful. The best way to describe it I think is if you fully dissolved salt into water and then tried to put as much sweetener in it as possible as if the salt would be masked! Along with that artificial lemon taste you get from things like Soothers for sore throats I was gagging every mouthful or sip. The only reason I gave this 3/10 is because after about 2 hours of starting the first litre I was able to flush my intestines out with a powerful gush."

colonoscopyman101 (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "This is the second time I have had to take moviprep since October. After really struggling with the taste first time round to the point it made me sick. The nurse recommended putting lime cordial in each glass. She also recommended making the prep with flavoured water (not red berries) I made it up with lemon and lime flavoured water then chilled it for a few hours. In each glass I have added the lime cordial and ice. I have used a jumbo straw and had water in a glass just in case. I can honestly say the lime is brilliant. Although there is still a slightly salty taste it is no where near as bad as previously. I have managed the first litre and actually feel I can cope with the next one. I hope this helps."

Zogel (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "This stuff tastes fine. it's just like salty lemonade and I could drink it all day. It works well but I had colonoscopy years ago and took Fleet and it worked much faster. It's also about 100% more expensive than Fleet. It works fine and I have no complaints but I would not purchase it again as I find the price silly (far too much packaging too)."

WillT73 March 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "Started drinking this moviprep at 11pm it's the most disgusting thing I have drank every time I took a sip I felt like throwing up but had no choice taking it so took it in big gulps finished the first litre with in 1.5 hours after 45 mins all hell broke loose went toilet about 10 times it was all watery it's worked absolutely fine but tastes awful I wish I don't have to take the second litre."

Aligulmul (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "I was dreading taking this medication after reading some reviews about the taste etc. Well I can only speak for myself but I found it fine, like slightly salty lemonade. I made it up about 30 mins before taking and chillled it in the fridge. As for effectiveness, well within 30 mins I was making myself comfortable on the throne and am well and truly welded to the spot. At first the movements were preceded by a short gurgle of the bowels then all hell broke loose and what I can only describe as a 'gush' of fluid came out. Initially there were some solids however now just fluid, currently every 10 minutes. I am due to take 2nd litre in the morning and will report back if I have a different experience. Took 1st dose 6pm - drank in 15 mins"

Matt 1971 U.K. March 7, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "I took this medication, MoviPrep, the day before my colonoscopy. I dreaded taking the solution, but it is really not that bad, or it was not for me. The prepared liquid tasted a lot like Alka Seltzer Cold Plus lemon to me. I did not have a hard time with the taste of MoviPrep at all. I felt really bloated after that first bottle, but that subsided quick. I went to the bathroom fast, and I went a lot. In fact, I am still going but the bloat seems to gone away. This is my first colonosopy , and of course I am nervous about it. I think it is good I am going, cause it is very important to be screened."

epiphanyoriginal2 February 28, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "I had read lots of horrible reviews and was dreading this prep. However, I followed hospital instructions to the letter. A low residue diet for three days beforehand. Drank Moviprep as instructed starting at 6 pm. By 8 pm I was empty. Very effective. Slight stomach cramps for 20 minutes. In the midst of second dose now. Not a pleasant taste but it works and I get an excuse to eat Jelly Babies! I'm in UK and costs covered by NHS"

GrannieS February 27, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "This works. Fast. I did take a suggestion and add a packet of flavored drink powder but it was so foul, I'm not sure it made any difference. I struggled with nausea during the first liter, so for the second liter, I poured the swill into a chilled stainless steel measuring cup and slammed it. Gawds bless all of us who have to drink MoviPrep!"

AZ_Bee February 24, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "1900hrs. first dose.( could taste better! but found it easier to get down the colder it was ) 40 mins later blast off. Then every 30mins. or so back on the loo. 12:45am next morning chanced going to bed for a few hrs. Big mistake! ,02.30am rush to loo and afterwards hand wash bed linen - I recommend putting some towel in your bed!! ): Stayed up after that as had to take second dose at 4:00am. All in all I must have visited the loo about 10 or 12 times ( stayed on it from 4:15am to 6:00am ). At hospital 08:00am and had the procedure . Did not want any pain relief as did not want to have to wait until next day to drive ( although they did put needle in back of hand just in case ) but was pretty much pain free. Hope this helps those about to take the plunge (:"

lepu February 20, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "I've been dreading this all week. Read every awful review, and every scary web page. I don't do well with gross-tasting stuff and have been scared to death I wouldn't get this stuff down. Just finished the first liter and it was TOTALLY FINE. It's not tasty, but it's not THAT bad. I definitely recommend refrigerating and using a straw and holding your nose. It was NO issue to drink, and I generally have a weak stomach. It works well as well, I think. Have to run to the bathroom every five minutes or so...sort of like peeing out of a different spot (TMI, sorry). So, all in all, so far so good. Was NOT even close to as bad as I feared. At all."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "I'm currently struggling to drink this disgusting liquid and I'm just ughhh. Its taste like a nasty lemonade with no sugar with each sip that I take I'm gagging and trying not to throw up. I am however feeling a bubbling sensation in my stomach and I've only taken 10 sips"

Jadixx3 February 13, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "I found it taste nice and lemonoy but struggled with excessive sweetness. Felt of could be sick but managed to keep it down and working nicely through my system."

Feeling cleaner January 30, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "Bloody awful stuff! Been trying to get it down for 5 hours now and still on the first litre! Tastes like a salty, gloopy lemonade. Still no bowel movements either and my colo's at 8am. Nightmare! "

Si0nainn (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "This is the worst thing I have ever tasted in my entire life, I took me ages to drink the first litre, after I felt sick, stomach cramps then 2 hours after drinking the first litre the heavens opened! I tried to drink my second litre but I physically couldn't, I drank 500ml of it and I threw up the whole river nile (after drinking 1l of water inbetween). Worst experience ever! And I'm starving LOL"

Charlotte94 January 21, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "BAD experience. My fourth colonoscopy but the first using Moviprep. Previously all colonoscopies worked using a preparation named Cleanprep. Moviprep just didn't work. I was booked in for a morning procedure and stuck absolutely to the guidelines as there is NO POINT in going for the procedure if you do not have a clear bowel. Started drinking the solution (which was relatively pleasant to drink) at 5 pm evening before my morning procedure and had one bowel movement shortly after first batch then NOTHING more!! just an unpleasant experience for a really negative outcome. Procedure ABANDONED and I'm rebooked. Afternoon procedure now with different timescale for taking Moviprep - I'd rather take the more unpleasant Cleanprep it WORKS!!"

Lidl January 20, 2017