User Reviews for MoviPrep

Learn more about MoviPrep.

Constipation, Chronic 3 reviews 30 medications

7.8
Bowel Preparation 195 reviews 115 medications

7.3
Gastrointestinal Decontamination 3 reviews 44 medications

Summary of MoviPrep reviews 201 reviews 6.3

Reviews for MoviPrep

For Bowel Preparation "26-uk-So the reason I gave 5 is cause I'm currently taking the 1st L. Disgusting, since 7pm I haven't managed to finish the last 4 glasses as I would just wanna throw up and I really need this medicine to work as I have got a colonoscopy tomorrow. Two months ago I was hospitalized for diverticulitis, so now I really need to get passed this examination, until 9pm I managed to drink almost everything, but didn't have any movement, I thought the solution wouldn't work. Then at 10pm when it hit me ! Still didn't finish to go toilet and like the others said its literally like peeing out of your bum. No unbearable cramps though."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "The worst bowel prep I've ever used. I found the solution easier to handle by refrigerating it before drinking. I don't know how anyone could drink it warm. I can't drink large amounts of anything at once so needed to take small sips. EVERY swallow made me want to gag. I am physically unable to vomit, but oh I wished I could. I was nauseated the entire 6 hours of prep. I spent most of the 6 hours (I took part 1 from 6 to 7 PM and part 2 started at 10 PM, finally exiting the bathroom after midnight) in the restroom and thought I'd done well cleaning out my system. Much to my surprise the next morning, I still had dark runny stool. Worse, the DOCTOR reported BAD PREP RESULT with stool remaining so he was NOT ABLE TO SEE WELL. REPEAT"

gailbobk (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Appalling stuff. I had to have this a couple of years ago, had a violent reaction to it and had to be admitted to hospital. I need a CT scan for adhesions, but I'd rather live with the pain than take Moviprep again."

Pollie (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Was given Moviprep prior to a colonoscopy procedure. I took Picolax solution 5 years ago for my last colonoscopy and Moviprep was much gentler. Horrible taste - you can't get away from that. I took sips and drank the first litre over an hour. If you drink it too quickly, I found it made you feel a bit sick. Also sipping orange juice or some other drink to take the taste away helped. HUGE tip I got was to use Vaseline to stop your bottom feeling raw. Worked a treat. Good luck to all who are having a colonoscopy."

Devonlass July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gastrointestinal Decontamination "ok so, the 1st time I drank it, I was like eww this thing is disgusting. Well yea, it tastes like watered down lemonade with a lot of salt. So the instructions say to mix it with lukewarm water. You can mix it then refrigerate it BEFORE you drink the first dose. The only reason why it says to use lukewarm is so that the powder dissolves quicker. Well, I stuck to drinking it lukewarm. It took me 2 hours to drink half of the bottle. I was nauseous, light headed, and wanted to quit. My bf called some of the docs on call for me and told him that I wanted to cancel. He advised us nicely and calmy "you can stop drinking til you feel at ease again. make sure you drink plenty of liquids" 2nd dose isn't as bad a first. drink long sips with a straw."

pandadookie (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "The taste is vile, even mixing it with squash did not help that. It took effect straight away though, but I only managed a pint and a half before I was gagging non-stop. However this could be because I did not drink the required amount of water between doses. Either way they said it cleared me out enough for them to see, so it was not an issue. Kind of hoping the effects will stop soon though, as I have been so many times yesterday and today and I am still in a lot of pain with it"

Amy252525 July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "I have taken this at least 5-6 times for the last 10 years. I have had major problems with it since the first time. Causing me MAJOR FATIGUE. The last time I took it was 3 year's ago and I had very severe cramps and not having enough time to get to the bathroom. I went to the hospital and the doctor said it didn't work good enough so he had me go home and do a second round. I went back the next day and did the process with no energy. I had to do it last night and it was even worse than the other times. I was gagging it down and up all night with severe cramps. I tried the second dose in the morning and I just about started throwing up so I called the office and they said to stop. Once the doctor was done he said it didn't evacuate enough"

NH Grampa (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "38yrs old. I had a colonoscopy (my 4th) two and a half weeks ago and thought the moviprep was quite vile with it's lemon taste. I think I prefer the previous salt tasting solutions. The taste and prep weren't the problem though. On the morning of my colonoscopy my bowel movement appeared "clear", however when I saw the doctor after he said the prep "wasn't great". I took it exactly as directed and am concerned that the quality isn't as good as the previous preparations I've used. Having worked in theatre for colonoscopies I know how important a good prep is and was extremely disappointed in the effect of this one. The worst thing however is that I've had severe abdominal cramps with horrific diarrhea since, with only 3 day reprieve."

Julie1978 June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "I was well impressed with this laxative - completely emptied me - 14 visits to the toilet after the first dose - and a friend of mine also had the same - 12 movements"

toejobbob (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Was due to take 2 litres of MoviPrep before a colonoscopy. Took the first litre without much trouble at 7pm and, despite gurgling, did not go to toilet before going to bed at 10pm. Attempted to take the second litre at 6am but only managed to drink about half of it before I was projectile vomiting the solution plus stomach bile everywhere. Wasn't able to take anymore and still had very minimal bowel movements so had to cancel my procedure."

Leahy88 (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "This is my 3rd time taking moviprep and I love it, it tastes great and flushes you out for your colonoscopy not much else is needed just a good result after my appointment would be nice. Just don't worry about it. Make sure you use wet wipes and Germolene Antiseptic Cream."

Philscun (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "2 hours in after the first dose and still waiting for something to happen!! Have a feeling it's going to be a long night"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Tastes like pure salt even with apple juice. Despite the taste it is working well and very fast. Am in the U.K. so medicine is covered by the NHS."

Em1915 May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "It's been very helpful to read these reviews as I lay on the sofa at 8.30am just resting from the 10th toilet visit following round 2 of Movipreps effects. Yes the taste could be better and I found it made me feel very bloaty but once the clean out has taken its course it does stop and everything calms down. It's very effective and if you have to take it prior to a procedure keep thinking it's like decorating a room. The better the preparation the better the end result. I would mention the wisdom of using copious amounts of Vaseline or sudocrem to stop soreness in the nether regions. Ouch! Good luck to anyone needing a colonoscopy etc in the coming days!"

Nettie Jo (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "I just finished my first litre of Moviprep for my colonoscopy tomorrow. It's disgusting tasting and very hard to swallow, I'm constantly gagging. It does exactly what it's suppose to though, I feel like I'm peeing from my butt and it's definitely cleaning out my system. I'm dreading the next litre in the morning."

StephJM (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "After having to take Moviprep 3 times I have to say it is absolutely disgusting but does the trick. I recommend taking laxative tablets too as after doing that the last time I only had to take the first half of the prep and my whole bowel was cleaned out"

Ellb123 April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "If you're not a salt lover, then this tastes like a lemon/lime margarita without the tequila and tons if salt! I got it done exactly as I was supposed to. It took over an hour to kick in, and drinking the 16 oz. of water after really helped​. I did do the 2nd dose the next morning as directed. Again it worked. I did have pain in my stomach not sure if it was gas from the prep or hunger pains. After I had the colonoscopy, the Doc told me the prep did not completely clean me out. Ugh!! So, instead of going back in 10 years, I will need to go back in 3 and hope they give me something different."

Cond April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "34 from UK in prep for a colonoscopy. Used the orange one with orange cordial to hide the taste. Wasn't too bad but obviously does taste rather rank. Started it at 3pm and finished the litre at around 6pm, just wasn't feeling it so close together. Kicked in first with a few stomach cramps and lots of wind and gurgles then boom. As others have said, it sure felt like I was peeing from my bum. "

Bootyprep April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Omg it tastes vile. I'm struggling to get through the first litre. I'm not looking forward to the aftermath or taking the 2nd litre. I'm just looking forward to eating after my colonoscopy tomorrow. I'm so hungry.. ."

Gluedtoloo (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Took Moviprep Orange at 5pm last night and 6am this morning, it's now 10:15am and movements have stopped. I found it quite easy to drink and not too unpleasant. I think nerves from what I had read made the first glass the worst. I drank it in one go expecting something awful but it wasn't. I drank the others easily. The instructions for last night were 7pm but a friend who has done this twice advised I gave it extra time so I started early. Good decision because by 9pm nothing had happened. I was getting a little concerned but eventually it worked. Up early and took the morning doses over the space of an hour. I have also drunk 2 litres of water. Had four 'visits' this morning and only passed water. Don't worry taking this!"

Busbee April 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Don't know what the problem is with taking it.... Yes it isn't pleasant but it does what it says on the tin and that is the reason you have to take it. The hardest thing for me is the hunger I can't wait to have food after my colonscopy tomorrow ."

Gazza 1810 April 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Took this medication was absolutely dreading it and for good reason tried every way to get it down but wouldn't stay down. Had to cancel colonoscopy as I also didn't go to the toilet at all was such a waste of time and effort"

Sarah"/ March 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Drank the first liter of stuff , tasted like alka seltzler, waited 2 hours and it started, the cleansing begun . Sat on toilet for 10 minutes for first round ,scared to rise up because I'll be coming back , going start second liter , tasted worse , minor bloat and cramp. Done with second liter , slow flushing system , don't know how many More trips to loo, hope all goes well tomorrow."

Colon cleanser (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Currently drinking moviprep. 1st litre just finished!!! Taste not great but it isn't that bad. I drank flavoured water inbetween drinks to take away the taste"

Jenno75 March 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "18, from the UK so get this lovely stuff for free. First smelt it and I was pleasantly surprised at the fragrance. I thought this won't be so bad! Made up my first litre of Moviprep in good spirit, and took the first sip; it was absolutely awful. The best way to describe it I think is if you fully dissolved salt into water and then tried to put as much sweetener in it as possible as if the salt would be masked! Along with that artificial lemon taste you get from things like Soothers for sore throats I was gagging every mouthful or sip. The only reason I gave this 3/10 is because after about 2 hours of starting the first litre I was able to flush my intestines out with a powerful gush."

colonoscopyman101 (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017