User Reviews for MoviPrep

7.1

Gastrointestinal Decontamination

Summary of MoviPrep reviews 7.0 255 reviews

Reviews for MoviPrep

For Bowel Preparation "Well....I am a very anxious person who can’t deal with anything without going into panic mode but in all honesty apart from it being unpleasant and spending five hours on the toilet, it wasn’t that bad! I don’t think it tasted that bad either, not something I’d buy for a regular drink ha ha but overall I didn’t find drinking it difficult. Bowel movements didn’t start till about 2 hours after drinking it but when they did start it wasn’t the explosive experience I thought it would have been. And apart from causing me to get piles, I didn’t feel unwell or get bad cramps or anything. I did a lot of worrying for nothing. Now for the colonoscopy!"

Ambli (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Totally a breeze, started at 4 with the first liter of fluid, finished the second liter at 6:30. Added Crystal Lite to the mix and the taste wasn't all that bad. Discharge very watery and clear after the first bottle, but did the second anyway to be sure. Also drank Gatorade and Chicken Soup broth when finished with each bottle. Started the the day with a liquid diet, black coffee and a chicken in a pot to make the broth. The whole experience was much less than all the bad reviews report."

Jimmy Crack Corn (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "WARNING - Do Not Go More Than 20ft From a TOILET!!! Wooooooo, took a while to get going, didn’t think it worked but my goodness when it comes, it comes!!!! Like a jet wash!!!! Would definitely do it again!!!"

Al (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "30 year old female first time ever taking any kind of laxative. So I was really scared about this. Terrified. I read endless reviews of people who had a horrible time. Save your worry! I didn't start to feel anything until my third glass and I couldn't finish my fourth because by the time I had stopped going back and forth it probably wasn't worth drinking anyway. The leaflet says to drink 500ml with the prep and I drank a litre making it 2 L in total with my first dose. I've been recommended to do a split dose and I have a sickness pill for the morning just in case it upsets my stomach but I doubt very much it's going to. It feels like being too full of beer. You belch and it's gone though so it's okay! The taste isn't amazing but it's not awful. It tastes like a really horrible flavour of Lucozade Sport with too much flavouring in. It's kind of really salty and super sweet at the same time. If you're worried about being sick ask for some antiemetics from your GP."

N30F (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Ok folks this is really not a problem. Seriously. I absolutely dreaded it but it I would do it again tomorrow if I had to. It does taste like very salty Gatorade and drinking a whole liter in an hour wasn't easy, but it wasn't horrible. The "emptying" came on about 20 minutes in and lasted just shy of 2 hours. It was rather urgent, but completely manageable. Same for the next day's treatment. Let's just say it's a good idea to stay close to the bathroom. I drank a bit more water afterwards on the second day and I think it worked even better, so drink your chaser water! Nothing to fear here, move along."

dandaman68 (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Moviprep was absolutely vile! However was able to get the litre and a half down without throwing up. Try put fruit juice such as orange and put it in the fridge once made up. Moviprep was not as bad as I thought I began going to the toilet after 45 minutes of drinking this. I had no pain at all and used wipes and Vaseline to avoid getting sore. Although the drink was the worst thing I have ever tasted, it isn’t as bad as everyone says for the overall experience. This is my first time using moviprep and I was able to keep most of it down and did not feel unwell throughout this process."

LF (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I had a colonoscopy yesterday and was so afraid. I was very anxious over taking moviprep as I had read all the horror stories. It was nowhere near as bad as expected. Sure the taste is vile but I used a straw, drank it chilled and paced myself and followed each mouthful with apple juice. The bowel prep was effective and despite horror stories , found that the loose stools were urgent and frequent but not uncontrollable. I stayed near the bathroom and read a lot or watched tv. Colonoscopy and prep although not pleasant, not quite the ordeal I expected"

Jelly (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Hi. I wish I had read the reviews before taking MoviPrep. Firstly the taste is vile. I don't know how in this day a medication can be so bad. Much respect to those who have posted they drunk it in 10 minutes! It took me 2 hours and even then I had to stop myself gagging and throwing up. My best advice is wet wipes (much softer than loo roll) and my trick in the end was gargling a strong mouthwash until my mouth was numb and drinking as much as I can - and repeat. Good luck. The second dose was just as bad. I need to man up I know! But although very effective - vile vile vile...."

Matt K September 18, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Started drinking the first litre of Moviprep at 7 pm. Finished at 8 and it's now 10 o'clock and it's working (and how). The taste was OK, not great but quite easy to drink (a small glass every 15 mins or so). As for cost, I'm in the UK so it was provided free when I made the appointment for the colonoscopy"

Egmond (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I had to cancel the scheduled colonoscopy because I could not leave the toilet. It’s nearly 24 hours since I started the first dose and the diarrhoea is still going strong"

Gj (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "If I had known this was invented several years back I would’ve gone for my colonoscopy in a second. Instead I put it off too long . The pharmacist told me about movi- prep . I had to pay $75 as it was not covered on my insurance . Insurance try to force you to buy what they want you to buy in this case : GoLytely. Please, that is so last century. Buy yourself a bag of milkshake straws which are fatter than ordinary straws. Most grocery stores have them . I filled a Pyrex glass jug with the prepared solution, and in just 2-3 hours was finished. I had the best experience ever as I did not have to keep drinking and drinking which was the old way. If you’re hesitating getting your colonoscopy make sure you buy this and follow the instructions ."

NanaM (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Moviprep is the worst thing I ever tasted in my entire life. I’d rather have a litre of apple cider vinegar! What’s the point to make a medication so awful that the patients can’t hold it down! Completely pointless!"

The one August 30, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Absolutely the worst stuff I have ever tasted. It would be better if it was plain, not lemon flavor. Unfortunately I have just taken the first does and vomited up at least 8 ounces of it. May not make the procedure because I am not sure I can take the second dose. Pure torture."

JBrew (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I added a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice in each glass....I used moviprep in blue box...not bad smell and taste. Better then any meds I had before. I'm just an hour after 1st dose and in few hours I'll have 2nd. So far so good and for change it works already. Previously one preps that I tried didn't do a proper job. To be cont."

Pege (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I did not think it tasted that bad and had no problems after drinking it. I took my 1st dose at 3PM (2 hours before My Dr.'s recommendation) and I'm glad I did because I still had a bowel movement as late as 11:30PM. My bowel movements became clear and yellowish after just a few times. I debated even taking the 2nd dose, but I did so at midnight instead of 5AM from what I learned of the 1st dose that it took a long time to eliminate it from my GI tract. Also, I drank 2/3 of the 2nd dose within 5 minutes and threw out the rest. I didn't want to have a bowel movement during the examination. While changing into a hospital gown in the bathroom at the hospital just after 9AM I had a small bowel movement. (By the way, tie the gown before you put it on - it is much easier than doing it when you have it on. I finally figured this out on my own. How come no nurse ever told me this?). Here's what my Dr. wrote about the prep: "The quality of the preparation was good. The views were good.""

SoCalGuy August 18, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Absolutely disgusting taste "

Steph (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Horrible! I don't know who dreamed this up. It's like drinking 4 liters of cooking oil. I was told it's better cold (it's probably the only way you can swallow it) Half way through I was shaking so hard that my teeth were chattering. The prep worked but I will never, ever use this foul stuff again."

LB (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Had to use this to prep for a morning appotiment. Started at 4pm and finished the second dose of at 11pm. It wasn't until the second lot that really got anything moving. Took about three hours to kick in and once it did, it didn't stop until the wee hours of the morning. I got the orange flavoured one, the taste was the worst part. That with the urge to throw up while drinking it. Especially since I was not able to chase with any food, gum or candy. Apple juice was a decent chaser though. So it works great, the taste is awful and maybe use wet wipes to be kind to your bottom because by the end of it, its gunna hurt."

Shannon July 31, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Did the 2 stage MoviPrep for the first time and it was the easiest and best prep I have done and I've done four. I have had poor preps in the past so I decided to reduce fiber intake the week before which also helped. I chilled the first 32 ounces and started at 1 PM and drank 8 ozs about every 20 minutes. The taste was not that bad and I chased each dose with an ice popsicle and some water. It was not nearly as bad for me as MiraLax or Go Lightly which I could not tolerate. No nausea, no cramping, just some gurgling as the stuff took effect. After the first dose I was not completely clear but the second dose (6 PM) did the trick. Colonoscopy itself was a breeze (propofol is your friend, do not settle for IV demerol), always enjoy the initial feeling of falling off, did not remember a thing and woke up a little groggy but fine. Doc said the prep was excellent and no polyps or abnormalities. Overall, the best experience for me in now 5 tries. Hope this reassures and helps someone else."

rb May 22, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Used this last night first litre at 5pm, second at 8pm. Each litre I managed to get down in one hour, including the extra 500ml clear liquid for each prep. Unfortunately there were no bowel movements at all. I was jumping around trying to bring a movement on, and felt very bloated and had a painful stomach. Had read that if no bowel movement in 6 hours to call a Doctor. By 10.30 pm I was very distressed and called 111. I had a Sigmoidoscopy due at 10 am the next day. The clinician gave advice pending the Dr phoning, such as a hot bath, rubbing stomach in clockwise direction and lying on floor with legs in air cycling. I tried them all and at 11.25 pm finally I had success. The Dr called at 12.45 am thankfully all was well by then. The printout after my procedure said “bowel prep fair”, it was not even a clear result after all that distress. It was a very unpleasant experience and I would wish to avoid Moviprep in the future."

Jellyfish (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I was truly in panic mode after reading some of these reviews. If anyone is going to experience side effects, it is me. Well, I had zero side effects. This prep worked very quickly.....very quickly! I barely finished the 2nd glass on my first dosing before it kicked in. I will admit, it tastes disgusting and I had a hard time getting it down come the second half of the prep. It tastes like dirty ocean water with a splash of lemon. Make sure you hydrate well during this prep."

Dix (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "It was horrible! I took it like it was prescribed and made it through 3/4 of the first bottle. I felt nauseous so I relaxed in bed for a few and then my legs stiffened and slowly started shaking uncontrollably! Then they would stop shaking suddenly. Then 5-10 minutes later they would start shaking again. I was terrified! This happened 6-7 times before my husband and I decided I needed to go to the ER. They continued on the way there and even at the hospital! It probably happened at least 15 times before they gave me Benadryl and IV fluids. Then as I was leaving the ER I started vomiting! There was no way I was going to finish the prep and my appointment for testing was at 8:00 in the morning. I was on the toilet all night and nauseous. Luckily I was cleaned out enough to go through with the test but I will never use Moviprep again! My legs are so sore and hard to walk on today and it was so scary what I was going through!"

Robin (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I took moviprep last week, which has given me abdominal cramps, nausea, chill and shivering. Its almost a week since I have taken moviprep, and today after eating my food I am still getting abdominal cramps, chills, shivers and nausea. I hope this is not a permanent damage!"

ST (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "The taste was just orange and salty... The first 1 litre takes about an hour to work, it wasn't too bad..The 2nd 1 litre was awful and seems to work quicker."

louisre (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Wow, all that worrying for nothing. The whole process was a piece of cake. I mean seriously, it was such a breeze. Like some have said the hardest part is being so hungry. Sure, MoviPrep doesn't taste good, but it's not that bad either. It's just very salty and lemony. Does that sound so scary? It's just 4 - 8 oz. cups per dose... Easy. Just suck on a hard candy right after and the aftertaste is gone. Really, nothing to it. I was finished drinking in 45 minutes and in the bathroom 15 minutes later. Just hung out for a half an hour or so with my tablet and that was mostly it. Maybe 2 or 3 more visits before I went to bed and I slept great! Didn't like getting up at 4 AM, but no big deal. 2 hours after starting the process I was back to my normal duties around the house... If my family didn't see me drinking the stuff they wouldn't have even known. The hospital visit was even easier and right after I left I directly out to eat and had a big steak and baked potato... and it was soooo good!"

Very Worried (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2018