User Reviews for MoviPrep

Learn more about MoviPrep.

Constipation, Chronic 3 reviews 30 medications

7.8
Bowel Preparation 189 reviews 115 medications

7.4
Gastrointestinal Decontamination 2 reviews 44 medications

Summary of MoviPrep reviews 194 reviews 6.4

Reviews for MoviPrep

For Bowel Preparation "38yrs old. I had a colonoscopy (my 4th) two and a half weeks ago and thought the moviprep was quite vile with it's lemon taste. I think I prefer the previous salt tasting solutions. The taste and prep weren't the problem though. On the morning of my colonoscopy my bowel movement appeared "clear", however when I saw the doctor after he said the prep "wasn't great". I took it exactly as directed and am concerned that the quality isn't as good as the previous preparations I've used. Having worked in theatre for colonoscopies I know how important a good prep is and was extremely disappointed in the effect of this one. The worst thing however is that I've had severe abdominal cramps with horrific diarrhea since, with only 3 day reprieve."

Julie1978 June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "I was well impressed with this laxative - completely emptied me - 14 visits to the toilet after the first dose - and a friend of mine also had the same - 12 movements"

toejobbob (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Was due to take 2 litres of MoviPrep before a colonoscopy. Took the first litre without much trouble at 7pm and, despite gurgling, did not go to toilet before going to bed at 10pm. Attempted to take the second litre at 6am but only managed to drink about half of it before I was projectile vomiting the solution plus stomach bile everywhere. Wasn't able to take anymore and still had very minimal bowel movements so had to cancel my procedure."

Leahy88 (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "This is my 3rd time taking moviprep and I love it, it tastes great and flushes you out for your colonoscopy not much else is needed just a good result after my appointment would be nice. Just don't worry about it. Make sure you use wet wipes and Germolene Antiseptic Cream."

Philscun (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "2 hours in after the first dose and still waiting for something to happen!! Have a feeling it's going to be a long night"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Tastes like pure salt even with apple juice. Despite the taste it is working well and very fast. Am in the U.K. so medicine is covered by the NHS."

Em1915 May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "It's been very helpful to read these reviews as I lay on the sofa at 8.30am just resting from the 10th toilet visit following round 2 of Movipreps effects. Yes the taste could be better and I found it made me feel very bloaty but once the clean out has taken its course it does stop and everything calms down. It's very effective and if you have to take it prior to a procedure keep thinking it's like decorating a room. The better the preparation the better the end result. I would mention the wisdom of using copious amounts of Vaseline or sudocrem to stop soreness in the nether regions. Ouch! Good luck to anyone needing a colonoscopy etc in the coming days!"

Nettie Jo (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "I just finished my first litre of Moviprep for my colonoscopy tomorrow. It's disgusting tasting and very hard to swallow, I'm constantly gagging. It does exactly what it's suppose to though, I feel like I'm peeing from my butt and it's definitely cleaning out my system. I'm dreading the next litre in the morning."

StephJM (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "After having to take Moviprep 3 times I have to say it is absolutely disgusting but does the trick. I recommend taking laxative tablets too as after doing that the last time I only had to take the first half of the prep and my whole bowel was cleaned out"

Ellb123 April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "If you're not a salt lover, then this tastes like a lemon/lime margarita without the tequila and tons if salt! I got it done exactly as I was supposed to. It took over an hour to kick in, and drinking the 16 oz. of water after really helped​. I did do the 2nd dose the next morning as directed. Again it worked. I did have pain in my stomach not sure if it was gas from the prep or hunger pains. After I had the colonoscopy, the Doc told me the prep did not completely clean me out. Ugh!! So, instead of going back in 10 years, I will need to go back in 3 and hope they give me something different."

Cond April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "34 from UK in prep for a colonoscopy. Used the orange one with orange cordial to hide the taste. Wasn't too bad but obviously does taste rather rank. Started it at 3pm and finished the litre at around 6pm, just wasn't feeling it so close together. Kicked in first with a few stomach cramps and lots of wind and gurgles then boom. As others have said, it sure felt like I was peeing from my bum. "

Bootyprep April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Omg it tastes vile. I'm struggling to get through the first litre. I'm not looking forward to the aftermath or taking the 2nd litre. I'm just looking forward to eating after my colonoscopy tomorrow. I'm so hungry.. ."

Gluedtoloo (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Took Moviprep Orange at 5pm last night and 6am this morning, it's now 10:15am and movements have stopped. I found it quite easy to drink and not too unpleasant. I think nerves from what I had read made the first glass the worst. I drank it in one go expecting something awful but it wasn't. I drank the others easily. The instructions for last night were 7pm but a friend who has done this twice advised I gave it extra time so I started early. Good decision because by 9pm nothing had happened. I was getting a little concerned but eventually it worked. Up early and took the morning doses over the space of an hour. I have also drunk 2 litres of water. Had four 'visits' this morning and only passed water. Don't worry taking this!"

Busbee April 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Don't know what the problem is with taking it.... Yes it isn't pleasant but it does what it says on the tin and that is the reason you have to take it. The hardest thing for me is the hunger I can't wait to have food after my colonscopy tomorrow ."

Gazza 1810 April 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Took this medication was absolutely dreading it and for good reason tried every way to get it down but wouldn't stay down. Had to cancel colonoscopy as I also didn't go to the toilet at all was such a waste of time and effort"

Sarah"/ March 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Drank the first liter of stuff , tasted like alka seltzler, waited 2 hours and it started, the cleansing begun . Sat on toilet for 10 minutes for first round ,scared to rise up because I'll be coming back , going start second liter , tasted worse , minor bloat and cramp. Done with second liter , slow flushing system , don't know how many More trips to loo, hope all goes well tomorrow."

Colon cleanser (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Currently drinking moviprep. 1st litre just finished!!! Taste not great but it isn't that bad. I drank flavoured water inbetween drinks to take away the taste"

Jenno75 March 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "18, from the UK so get this lovely stuff for free. First smelt it and I was pleasantly surprised at the fragrance. I thought this won't be so bad! Made up my first litre of Moviprep in good spirit, and took the first sip; it was absolutely awful. The best way to describe it I think is if you fully dissolved salt into water and then tried to put as much sweetener in it as possible as if the salt would be masked! Along with that artificial lemon taste you get from things like Soothers for sore throats I was gagging every mouthful or sip. The only reason I gave this 3/10 is because after about 2 hours of starting the first litre I was able to flush my intestines out with a powerful gush."

colonoscopyman101 (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "This is the second time I have had to take moviprep since October. After really struggling with the taste first time round to the point it made me sick. The nurse recommended putting lime cordial in each glass. She also recommended making the prep with flavoured water (not red berries) I made it up with lemon and lime flavoured water then chilled it for a few hours. In each glass I have added the lime cordial and ice. I have used a jumbo straw and had water in a glass just in case. I can honestly say the lime is brilliant. Although there is still a slightly salty taste it is no where near as bad as previously. I have managed the first litre and actually feel I can cope with the next one. I hope this helps."

Zogel (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "This stuff tastes fine. it's just like salty lemonade and I could drink it all day. It works well but I had colonoscopy years ago and took Fleet and it worked much faster. It's also about 100% more expensive than Fleet. It works fine and I have no complaints but I would not purchase it again as I find the price silly (far too much packaging too)."

WillT73 March 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Started drinking this moviprep at 11pm it's the most disgusting thing I have drank every time I took a sip I felt like throwing up but had no choice taking it so took it in big gulps finished the first litre with in 1.5 hours after 45 mins all hell broke loose went toilet about 10 times it was all watery it's worked absolutely fine but tastes awful I wish I don't have to take the second litre."

Aligulmul (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "I was dreading taking this medication after reading some reviews about the taste etc. Well I can only speak for myself but I found it fine, like slightly salty lemonade. I made it up about 30 mins before taking and chillled it in the fridge. As for effectiveness, well within 30 mins I was making myself comfortable on the throne and am well and truly welded to the spot. At first the movements were preceded by a short gurgle of the bowels then all hell broke loose and what I can only describe as a 'gush' of fluid came out. Initially there were some solids however now just fluid, currently every 10 minutes. I am due to take 2nd litre in the morning and will report back if I have a different experience. Took 1st dose 6pm - drank in 15 mins"

Matt 1971 U.K. March 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "I took this medication, MoviPrep, the day before my colonoscopy. I dreaded taking the solution, but it is really not that bad, or it was not for me. The prepared liquid tasted a lot like Alka Seltzer Cold Plus lemon to me. I did not have a hard time with the taste of MoviPrep at all. I felt really bloated after that first bottle, but that subsided quick. I went to the bathroom fast, and I went a lot. In fact, I am still going but the bloat seems to gone away. This is my first colonosopy , and of course I am nervous about it. I think it is good I am going, cause it is very important to be screened."

epiphanyoriginal2 February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "I had read lots of horrible reviews and was dreading this prep. However, I followed hospital instructions to the letter. A low residue diet for three days beforehand. Drank Moviprep as instructed starting at 6 pm. By 8 pm I was empty. Very effective. Slight stomach cramps for 20 minutes. In the midst of second dose now. Not a pleasant taste but it works and I get an excuse to eat Jelly Babies! I'm in UK and costs covered by NHS"

GrannieS February 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "This works. Fast. I did take a suggestion and add a packet of flavored drink powder but it was so foul, I'm not sure it made any difference. I struggled with nausea during the first liter, so for the second liter, I poured the swill into a chilled stainless steel measuring cup and slammed it. Gawds bless all of us who have to drink MoviPrep!"

AZ_Bee February 24, 2017