User Reviews for MoviPrep

Learn more about MoviPrep.

Constipation, Chronic 3 reviews 30 medications

7.8
Bowel Preparation 147 reviews 114 medications

7.5
Gastrointestinal Decontamination 2 reviews 44 medications

Summary of MoviPrep reviews 152 reviews 6.4

Reviews for MoviPrep

For Bowel Preparation "As I assume most of these reviews are written on the toilet so is mine. The whole day wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Moviprep tastes like salty lemonade. I chilled it, added crystal light lemonade flavor, drank it with a straw and chased it with water. Started working in about 45 minutes."

Not that bad (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I have no idea where some folk get their MoviPrep from, but I'm in the UK and got it free through the NHS to use in preparation for an endoscopy to check my bowels. First off, the taste was fine - just like a powdered lemon juice - absolutely no problems drinking it - in fact I enjoyed watching TV whilst sipping it! It took about 1.5 hours before I had my first toilet visit, but at no time was I concerned that I might lose control. My stools became watery after the second visit and continued that way for about 10 or more visits. To my surprise, I went to bed, about 2 hours after my last drink, I didn't have to get up in the night. In the morning, slight watery movement and then went to hospital. The surgeon said that my bowel was clear"

motoguzzibob (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Don't get hung up on bad reviews, this stuff is awesome, I was expecting it to be like drinking motor oil thick foul tasting liquid. In reality it's like really cheap and nasty diluting juice you drank as a kid, but that's it, I ended up having a fourth litre as got sent two packs for good measure. No abdominal pain or anything, it basically just makes you pee out your bum. Come 5 o'clock I did get a little dizzy as I had nothing at all to eat or drink, or low blood sugar, drank some lucizade and was fine in fifteen minutes ie make sure you get your calorie intake via fizzy juice through the day and you will have no issue! Thought it would be hard not to eat too, but wasn't even an issue! As usual avoid focusing to much on internet!"

Stinkyfinger (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "The first sachet was so hard to get down, it was disgusting it took me a few hours to take it, I think this is because it was room temperature and in a pint glass. The second sachet was much easier to get down, as I put ice in the cup and used a smaller glass I also held my nose and drank water after every gulp. I found the sachets very successful and definitely cleared me out."

Natasha1092745 November 11, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I started with the mixed solution, (Moviprep Orange) 1 litre, at seven in the evening. I allowed one and a half hours to drink the product. It was roughly an hour after finishing the drink that I passed my first motion. The overall process between starting the drink and the complete emptying of my bowel amounted to around three and a half hours. My second dose was started at 6am the next morning. I drank the litre within an hour. The first movement this time was much quicker. within half an hour. My bowel was completely empty at around 8-40. So this process was 2 hours and forty minutes. I found the drink quite palatable. Certainly not difficult to drink. This is the second occasion I have used it and on both occasions my bowel has been cleaned well and perfectly prepared for the examination. I had no side effects whatsoever."

Alannap (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I bought Moviprep at Walmart Canada for $32. Dr prescribed a laxative at 8am today which did a lot of the heavy lifting. I followed a liquid diet today and took prep at 6pm. It took 1.5 hours to begin working. 3 hours in and I think I may be done. I mixed it with lemon/lime Gatorade and chilled it. I plugged my nose and drank 8oz every 15min. I am chilled but that was the only side effect. I'm going to prepare my 6am dosage now. GLTA"

Born2farm (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "It tastes surprisingly good, like a salty non alcoholic Margarita. I mixed it with ice cold water and drank it on an empty stomach. I am 50 and I will be getting my first colonoscopy tomorrow. I expect to get good results."

Roxie Ella October 12, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I am over 60 and had my first ever flexible sigmoidoscopy today after using the Moviprep 1 ltr dose evening, 2nd 1 ltr dose following day. It did its job to clean the bowel for effective examination. I found it very sickly sweet and it's maybe like that to cater for a society majority bingeing on sweet foods and drinks, though not me and I try to avoid aspartame too. I am not a great drinker of liquids so I found it awkward to twice drink 1 litre of soupy syrup and half litre of other liquid in 2 hours, but it was necessary so I did it, and I didn't want to do a second prep if this one failed to do its job."

Mike dunhappily October 6, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I was prescribed this by my dr. for a colonoscopy and I'd say it started working in about 30 minutes. Unlike others, I had no problem drinking it as my dr. advised me to mix it with orange gatorade. I mixed it early in the morning and refrigerated it until about 5 pm and was able to chug it down. For me it was easy to drink because it was cold and the gatorade made it sweeter."

E. King October 5, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "My 17 year old son is having a colonoscopy tomorrow and is having a horrible time getting this down. I am on my way to go get him a lemon to see if he sucks on it and then swallows the solution if it would make it any easier. He got the first liter down but the second liter is a nightmare. Some company needs to come up with something better."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I haven't managed to take Moviprep... Tried five times, swallowed a couple of sips but had to spit the rest out. It smells ok (lemony) and looks like water, but is so salty and has a gloopy thickness to it which is not visible. So I will not be able to have my investigation. I failed!"

Mavi August 24, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I came across this page as I was half way through some moviprep and on the brink of throwing it up. I tried a straw, herbal tea chaser, soda water, mints and none of these helped. I then tried chewing gum, pinching my nose and not taking too big a gulp. I'm now almost through the second lot. It's working but I haven't had the big rush to the loo that I was expecting. I have colonoscopies every couple of years and each time I forget how awful this stuff is. Why can't they just give us something to evacuate the bowel that is then followed by heaps of water to flush it through.... Good luck to all who have to drink this."

FFS August 15, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "There's no question that Moviprep is effective in cleansing the bowel, my colonoscopy was very clear and the bowel well prepared. The moviprep certainly acted fast as it did not take long before I was running for the toilet. However, I found it incredibly hard to drink all two litres in 4 hours, realistically it took me 11 hours starting at 1pm. The flavour was disgusting, by far the worst thing I have ever tasted in my life. I found it hard to swallow and hard to build myself up to taking another drink. Highly recommend moviprep look at how this could be bound inside a jello that would allow it to be consumed and this hiding the tastes!!"

Dan87 August 1, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Not that bad, really. The lemony salty drink is best taken in the smallest cold 8 oz glass you can find. I think it helps psychologically. I tried it first in a big glass and thought I'd never finish. A small 8 oz juice glass is easy to slug down. I think it also helps to pour the stuff into the glass and chill it so it's as cold as possible. Take a slug of warm water and swish it in your mouth immediately after to remove the lingering taste. I got into a routine. Drink, wait about 5 minutes, head to the loo and repeat. Wasn't as bad as the stuff they sprayed in my throat just before the endoscopy. So man up and get it over with."

PohPohBoyohBoy (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Maybe TMI but sitting on the can writing this. Mixed up the powders as directed, added about half a packet of EmergenC powder, guzzled 8 fl oz every 15 minutes as directed. I don't know if I had a newer formulation or something but I had no problems with the taste - tasted like Gatorade or some electrolyte drink to me. Started working within 40 mins. And so here I sit..."

Colonoddity (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "So i apprehensively opened the 1st pkt of M prep at 7pm the night b4 my procedure, .. After reading the reviews on here .. I was anticipating the gip factor of the drink , and true to the reviews it was top scale rank .. Seriously took all my swallowing efforts to the hilt .. I mixed in some lucozade to alter the taste .. But still ended up with a fizzy, thick , salty , slimy mess that made my head hurt and my stomach retch on every mouthfull .. My eyes watered and my sphincter tightened lol Not from the anticipation of what was to follow .. But the bodily reaction to the chewy thick substance that was globbing down my aesophagus . Ffwd 2/3 hrs - i was on form -with the toilet hugging my behind I'm sleep inthe bathroom All done for morning"

Nomoremovieprepplease ! July 16, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Tips for completing this prep: 1. Use half orange or citrus Vitamin Water or Gatorade, half regular water, to make the solution. The vitamins and minerals help reduce unpleasant side effects. 2. Mix prep ahead of time and refrigerate for two hours or more. 3. Use a straw to drink the solution. 4. Drink water, apple juice, white grape juice or other clear liquids as a chaser. 5. Before the prep, during, and after, drink a lot of water. This gives your body something to evacuate and keeps you hydrated through the process. I cannot stress this enough. 6. Grimace and bear it. While not a fun process, this prep is one of the better ones out there. Cheers."

Luran July 13, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "This is way too sweet. I was nauseated after the first 8 oz and the nausea never went away. I much preferred the plain ol' Golytely they used to use."

Miss Patsy July 12, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "can I just say, these horror stories got me so worked up I was dreading this prep, the reality is its NOT THAT BAD!!!. Ok so the drink isn't great, like a salty lemonade ( I find the cranberry powder things disgusting too but if I've got a water infections I drink it!). I found the 1st litre easier to drink than the 2nd,with the 1st one I used a whisky size tumbler and drank it through a straw at room temperature. I drank it all within half an hour and it started working within the hour. The 2nd litre took longer,I used a bigger glass and filled it with ice, I found it harder to drink cold and the larger glass never seemed to empty so you feel like your going forever! Don't be put off by the scary stories!"

Pendle July 7, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "This was for a bowel prep. Liquids 2 days before and it still didn't work (about 85% cleared) ...until it didn't stop after the procedure. Now 4 days out from colonoscopy I'm still having bms reminiscent of the prep itself and I've had the most severe stomach pains I've ever had in my life- and I have a disease which is known for causing pretty damn bad cramps. Apparently doctor says this is "not unusual". Also, this combination of potassium, sodium and antifreeze came to my insurance's max out of pocket copay. Kinda ridiculous. Never. Again."

Tarheel239 July 3, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Had an endoscopy and colonoscopy this morning (26/6/16) and took the movieprep yesterday as part of the process. I actually found it acceptable ( miles better than a barium meal) but was helped I think by these factors which I certainly think would help others. 1) i didnt eat at all the day before I took the movieprep( 2 days before the colonoscopy) 2) I took the movieprep at home in a quiet environment under my own steam 3) i made the movieprep 2 hours before drinking and placed it in the fridge to chill before drinking over the following 2 hours 4) i used a straw to drink the movieprep 5) I heavily flavoured the drink with lime juice Good luck if you go through this process but I found it better than expected"

alan1267543 June 28, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Just finished my first 1 liter dose about 2 hours ago. Taste was not as bad as I was afraid of, honestly the lemon/salty taste reminds me very much of a margarita! Started to work before I was finished drinking it, and already only 2 hours in I feel pretty cleaned out and the trips to the bathroom which where at first every five minutes are now every 15 minutes. I don't have my next dose until 6 am tomorrow, so at this rate I am reasonably sure I will get some sleep tonight. Some mild cramps but not bad. With Blue Cross/Blue Shield my out of pocket was $20. Worst part so far has been the nervousness leading up to my first dose after reading the horror stories on this site. I slept though the night, up at 6 for dose 2, no problems."

Juststarting1 (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Medicine is disgusting though it defiantly works. Be prepared to stay at home very close to the toilet. It worked with me within 40 minutes. Have sudocream to hand as your derrière will get sore and very red and tender. Good luck if you need to take this medication. My sympathy is with you. God bless."

Monkey41 May 20, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "This was absolutely awful - Much worse than the colonoscopy! Tasted vile. Really struggled to get it all down, and after all that, it did not work properly. Had to get up in the night to change the bed!! Only started to work at 10pm, 2 hours after I had finished it at 8pm - revolting preparation"

F11 May 12, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I'm having a colonoscopy first thing in the morning and trying my hardest to get down the 1st litre Moviprep... It is vile! Too salty and I'm really struggling to drink this, I've been trying for two hours now and I'm still 1 glass in! There is surely an easier way than this! I've only been to the toilet twice and can see my colonoscopy will more than likely be cancelled. 1 litre is far too much for me to tackle let alone 2 and no thought process had gone into this what so ever, your doctor should fully consult something like this with you and look at different options, I would have been better on tablets and water but as always the NHS care about money and people numbers and not the individual! ......it's going to be a long night! :-("

Flo86 May 7, 2016