User Reviews for GaviLyte-N

Bowel Preparation 4 reviews 115 medications

7.2
Summary of GaviLyte-N reviews 5 reviews 8.6

Reviews for GaviLyte-N

For Bowel Preparation "I first had a prescription for MoviPrep and went to pick it up. The pharmacist said it was $99 with insurance. I almost fell over and asked him if he would call the Dr. and get something else. He filled a prescription for Gavilyte N (same thing but generic), and it was $4. Really! I did everything that I was supposed to do with a bland diet 2 days before and clear liquids the day before after a bland diet at breakfast. I mixed the prep in the morning and put it in the refrigerator. It was a gallon to be used at one time. I was surprised that it did not taste bad. I did use a straw as others had recommended but took it out of the refrigerator because I was too cold. Worked after 3rd 8 oz cup. Drank about 3 liters, and I was done."

Sparrow540 February 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "this stuff...... Is just...... NASTY! I started taking it at 5pm as instructed and I honestly could not do it! I had to pour crystal light in it and plug my nose and put ice in it and I still gagged! It is not good.... But I will say after one glass I was already in the bathroom. It works quickly."

Mandy912015 September 17, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "I fasted for 30 hours prior to drinking Gavilyte-N. I walked a 5k race the night before my colonoscopy. Got home at 9am, had the Gavilyte chilled in the refrigerator, I was thirsty from the exercise. I pounced 8 glasses of the jug one after the other because I was thirsty and I didn't want to be up all night. Started working about 45 mins later."

barneybelle (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "I am taking Gavilyte now. I have drank 4 cups and that is all I can handle. If I try to do anymore I will just throw it up anyway. It seems to be working so hopefully 4 cups is enough. I sure hope they come up with a much better way to prepare for a colonoscopy by the next time I have to do this. This is awful!"

Lorrab April 3, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation, Chronic "It was more pleasant than any other prep I had to take."

nikii December 12, 2012