User Reviews for GaviLyte-N to treat Bowel Preparation

GaviLyte-N has an average rating of 5.6 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Bowel Preparation. 38% of those users who reviewed GaviLyte-N reported a positive effect, while 38% reported a negative effect.

GaviLyte-N Rating Summary

5.6/10 average rating

Compare all 48 medications used in the treatment of Bowel Preparation.

Griff · Taken for less than 1 month July 25, 2019

“This stuff is not bad. I was really nervous about the prep based on all the reviews out there, but this stuff tastes just like a saltier version of the lemon lime Gatorade. For the full gallon jug of gavilyte-n, I did not use the flavor packet (states it was optional anyway). I did listen to others and added 2 pitcher packets of crystal light lemonade. It was fine getting it down. I just wish it wasn't so much. But since I drink a lot of water all day long it was not hard.”

Tips4us August 29, 2018

“1) I prepared an 8 ounce glasses & put in the freezer just for a while so it was so cold & took away some of the taste. 2) Took Valium before I began to help with anxiety & possible cramping . 3) Did about 2-4 gulps at a time and sucked on a MINT to get rid of the taste before taking more sips. Liked the idea of clear chicken broth soup. 4) Sometimes I couldn’t finish 8oz. at once so if I thought it was going to heave, I just stopped at 6oz. 5) Did end up having to wait 30 minutes before starting new glasses. Go slowly. 6) Next time would consider taking a Zofran (anti-nausea) as someone suggested. 7) Would consider adding 2 flavored packets instead of 1 next time to better disguise the taste. (Will sprinkle some in the 1st glass for a test) My Dr. also said I said I could started way earlier than I did so next time I would start way earlier. Was offered to finish the next half the second day but the thought of drinking more in the morning was nauseating to me.”

average joe · Taken for less than 1 month October 15, 2017

“It takes extraordinary willpower to consume each dose every 10-15 minutes for 3 hours and then again the next mourning. If you enjoy vomiting and self torture this product may be for you.”

Lorrab April 3, 2013

“I am taking Gavilyte now. I have drank 4 cups and that is all I can handle. If I try to do anymore I will just throw it up anyway. It seems to be working so hopefully 4 cups is enough. I sure hope they come up with a much better way to prepare for a colonoscopy by the next time I have to do this. This is awful!”

Sparrow540 February 9, 2016

“I first had a prescription for MoviPrep and went to pick it up. The pharmacist said it was $99 with insurance. I almost fell over and asked him if he would call the Dr. and get something else. He filled a prescription for Gavilyte N (same thing but generic), and it was $4. Really! I did everything that I was supposed to do with a bland diet 2 days before and clear liquids the day before after a bland diet at breakfast. I mixed the prep in the morning and put it in the refrigerator. It was a gallon to be used at one time. I was surprised that it did not taste bad. I did use a straw as others had recommended but took it out of the refrigerator because I was too cold. Worked after 3rd 8 oz cup. Drank about 3 liters, and I was done.”

barneybelle · Taken for less than 1 month August 1, 2013

“I fasted for 30 hours prior to drinking Gavilyte-N. I walked a 5k race the night before my colonoscopy. Got home at 9am, had the Gavilyte chilled in the refrigerator, I was thirsty from the exercise. I pounced 8 glasses of the jug one after the other because I was thirsty and I didn't want to be up all night. Started working about 45 mins later.”

Mandy912015 September 17, 2015

“this stuff...... Is just...... NASTY! I started taking it at 5pm as instructed and I honestly could not do it! I had to pour crystal light in it and plug my nose and put ice in it and I still gagged! It is not good.... But I will say after one glass I was already in the bathroom. It works quickly.”

Humble pie · Taken for less than 1 month August 11, 2017

“I experienced a 6 pound weight in two days of fasting while taking this prep. It contains too much sodium for me. Today is one day after my colonoscopy and my stomach is still very distended, hard and I am severely constipated.”