User Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes to treat Constipation, Chronic

Also known as: GoLYTELY, Plenvu, PEG-3350 with Electolytes, GaviLyte-G, MoviPrep, NuLYTELY, GaviLyte-C, TriLyte, GaviLyte-N, Colyte, Colonic Lavage Solution, Clenz-Lyte, Co-Lav, GaviLyte-H, Go-Evac …show all brand names

Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes has an average rating of 8.0 out of 10 from a total of 18 ratings for the treatment of Constipation, Chronic. 72% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 11% reported a negative effect.

Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes Rating Summary

8.0/10 average rating

Compare all 24 medications used in the treatment of Constipation, Chronic.

Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

Kman90 August 15, 2011

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes): “I had been constipated for roughly 4 days after quitting drinking this. I foolishly upped my fiber intake by way more than I should have and got myself backed up. I went to the doctor and he prescribed me Go-Lytely, which is a terribly ironic name for such a medicine. I already have passed stools and feel a lot better. The taste is awful though, Its like lemonade made with one lemon, no sugar and salty well water.”

Jf88 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 5, 2019

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes): “I have suffered with severe constipation for years and I use 2 tbsp GaviLyte-G in 16 oz of water twice day (both glasses at night a few hours apart) and I go regularly now. It has helped me so much! No cramping, a little gassy but doesn’t hurt. This stuff is a life saver!”

lemonadehead · Taken for less than 1 month October 14, 2017

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes): “I can't imagine how it must taste plain. The way I prepared it was not bad at ALL. I made homemade lemonade, LOTS of lemon juice and some sugar. Probably not super healthy, but it's all comin' out anyways! All you need is 1&3/4 cups white sugar, 6 cups of WARM water, and 1&1/2 cups lemon juice for each batch. The water *HAS* to be warm, or the laxative won't dissolve right, and it will be a nasty texture like many other people have complained of. Give it a taste test before you add it to the jug. The more lemon-y it is, the less you'll taste the saltiness of the meds. Lemon >sugar taste I promise! Hope this helps someone :) Chase it with a bit of water, and the only aftertaste will be a light lemon flavor!”

Tova · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 17, 2017

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes): “This is the hair that bit the dog in the ass! I end up with three procedures three different preps within two weeks time! Now because of the back to back procedures with these preps I have chronic constipation I can no longer go to the bathroom on my own so I have to take golytely again! It's created a vicious cycle and I think it's ruining my GI tract my large intestines can't produce feces on their own anymore I don't even get it dropped down into the rectum! On top of that that he keep giving me barium experimenting knowing that that's making it worse exacerbating what's going on already! Three different gastroenterologist and they're killing me! Golightly has ruined my life! I can't eat a thing without getting plugged up!”

Anonymous December 26, 2010

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes): “I have my colonoscopy tomorrow - started my prep at 7, got all the medicine down like instructed. Literally 10 minutes after the first liter, I was on the toilet. To be honest, haven't really left yet. Just about to start 2nd liter and wondering how I will do it. I don't see myself honestly getting it all down - but I do know once I start to run "clear" I am quitting. I'm going diarrhea to severe constipation. I can't seem to get my bowels on track and haven't for 2 months now. Only 35, so hoping it's just diet related. Good luck to anyone in my shoes.”

K · Taken for less than 1 month April 12, 2019

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes): “I was severely constipated and the ER prescribed this. I drank all but a couple cups of it. It didn't taste bad but I only had a small amount of poop come out after an hour and spent the rest of the day peeing out my butt basically. ”

Momzilla February 26, 2012

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes): “I put off having a colonoscopy because of the horror stories friends had told of the gallon of prep they had to drink and how horrible it was. MoviPrep was a small 32oz. bottle, the lemon flavor wasn't something I'd want to drink on a regular basis, but it wasn't that bad. I did chill in fridge, shake before pouring into a plastic cup with top and straw. Immediately following each 8 oz. I chewed a fresh piece of Juicy Fruit gum until the next 8 oz. Did the second 32 oz. of MoviPrep at 5 a.m. the day of my procedure. It was slightly harder to get down simply because I don't eat or drink anything until later in the day. Procedure was a breeze.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more February 19, 2021

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes): “I have a disease called hischsprungs that causes chronic constipation and every 2 years or so I have to do a complete clean out. I've had to this my whole life and I've never been able to get rid of the taste. Things that have made it more bearable is drinking it cold, and taking sips of sprite (it is a clear liquid that goes with my conditions and the carbonation and flavor has helped offset the taste). I usually have to take it in large doses and because of the severity of my condition it has been taken with large doses of senokot.”

gdslaw December 2, 2011

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes): “The taste is terrible. I would rather there not be a lemon or sweet taste. Thought I was going to be sick. Holding breath, nose and big gulps is helpful. This stuff does work though. I have a colonoscopy in the morning. I suffered through the first liter at 6 pm and the second at 10 pm. Couldn't make it through the entire 2nd liter. I had about 2 oz left. Good luck everyone!”

JCG · Taken for less than 1 month March 20, 2021

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes): “It tastes terrible but here's how I do it and it works super well. Have a 8 oz cup of GoLYTELY, an 8 oz glass of water and a cup of mouthwash ready to go next to each other. Hold your nose and drink the GoLYTELY as fast as possible, then IMMEDIATELY rinse your mouth with mouthwash after you swallow the GoLYTELY. Spit out the mouthwash and drink the glass of water. Repeat every 10-15 minutes until you have completed your GoLYTELY consumption. I had absolutely no problem at all with the taste doing this. I was peeing out of my butt in no time, and that part is not fun, but the prep itself was a breeze using this method. Good luck!”

DK 41 September 20, 2015

“You can't believe everything you see posted. On the internet you'd be insane. I got all the horror stories reading others experience And also family that had gone through The same experience..well I can say I was intimidated. When I saw the pharmacists hand ME this big jug and said I had to fill it with water and chill it and add the little lemon pack that comes attached. I was a little hesitant to say the least..but I awoke the next morning and about 9am I began my 8oz. First dose. Down.wasn't BAD as I thought like everyone was crying about the taste for ME was like a Dull Vanilla Mineral water (if you could imagine that taste) but I used a big straw to past the taste buds and I drunk fast so I wouldn't get a big after taste..”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more August 22, 2016

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes): “If you have problems for the taste I would recommend getting some Gatorade and mixing with it instead of the flavor pacet and water. Tastes 10 times better and the electrolytes help.”

nikii December 12, 2012

GaviLyte-N (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes): “It was more pleasant than any other prep I had to take.”

Anonymous December 25, 2009

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes): “Worked very well.”

Saurabh81 September 29, 2014

“I had chronic hard stool problem. Tried lots of different stuff...this worked the best for me by far.”

Vicks June 2, 2019

GaviLyte-N (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes): “Worked pretty fast but by the 4th cup I couldn’t drink it without having the need to throw up. Not bad of a taste but it does give you a salty taste while drinking it”

Terri May 10, 2021

“Didn't work I'm on day 6”

Feel better Cathy January 19, 2015

“Did have soft bowel movements for two days after taking medication. Works very well. But did have heartburn and gas for three days after only one treatment.”