User Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

Also known as: Clenz-Lyte, Co-Lav, Colonic Lavage Solution, Colyte, GaviLyte-C, GaviLyte-G, GaviLyte-H, GaviLyte-N, Go-Evac, GoLYTELY, MoviPrep, NuLYTELY, PEG-3350 with Electolytes, Suclear, TriLyte

Learn more about Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes.

Constipation, Chronic 10 reviews 30 medications

8.8
Bowel Preparation 197 reviews 114 medications

7.2
Gastrointestinal Decontamination 3 reviews 44 medications

Summary of Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes reviews 210 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

Colyte (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "First off, this stuff smells horibble. I nearly gag at just the smell of it. The last is just as bad. I find if I take a sip of something else first (I use iced tea) then just chug the glass full, then take another couple Swallows of my iced tea, it's tolerable. It starts working in about 2 hours and honestly, I only drink half of the whole 4L jug. No need to continue drinking in when you're already shitting clear fluid. You'd think they would have something more of a one glass full type of medication or even a pill for a laxative instead of 4L of water."

JAnd1420 (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "My 17 year old son is having a colonoscopy tomorrow and is having a horrible time getting this down. I am on my way to go get him a lemon to see if he sucks on it and then swallows the solution if it would make it any easier. He got the first liter down but the second liter is a nightmare. Some company needs to come up with something better."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I haven't managed to take Moviprep... Tried five times, swallowed a couple of sips but had to spit the rest out. It smells ok (lemony) and looks like water, but is so salty and has a gloopy thickness to it which is not visible. So I will not be able to have my investigation. I failed!"

Mavi August 24, 2016

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Constipation, Chronic: "If you have problems for the taste I would recommend getting some Gatorade and mixing with it instead of the flavor pacet and water. Tastes 10 times better and the electrolytes help."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) August 22, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I came across this page as I was half way through some moviprep and on the brink of throwing it up. I tried a straw, herbal tea chaser, soda water, mints and none of these helped. I then tried chewing gum, pinching my nose and not taking too big a gulp. I'm now almost through the second lot. It's working but I haven't had the big rush to the loo that I was expecting. I have colonoscopies every couple of years and each time I forget how awful this stuff is. Why can't they just give us something to evacuate the bowel that is then followed by heaps of water to flush it through.... Good luck to all who have to drink this."

FFS August 15, 2016

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This stuff is SO gross! I've managed to drink down 1/2 the Gallon so far, and NO bowel movement. It tastes so hideous I feel like i might puke. Not sure how I can keep drinking this."

skinny girl (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2016

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Caused vomiting with the first half of dosage. On the second half had vomiting with blood, bright red.was told to stop using it. had to have an enema just before the colonoscopy. The day after the colonoscopy, my stomach is still nauseated."

Cama (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2016

For Bowel Preparation: "I'm about to do this colon cleansing for the 3rd time for a colonoscopy. The first time I added the flavor packet, and OMG, the taste was disgusting. The 2nd time, on advice of my sister, I added no flavor packet. It was still disgusting, but a lot more palatable for me. However, the 2nd time didn't "clean" my colon completely. It smells and tastes like it's something you'd use for car repairs. That's how bad it is. After the 1st gallon, it starts to get harder to drink every 15 min. and keep it down and not vomit it up. Another doctor prescribed a colon cleanse for a hysterectomy consisting of 2 7 ounce jars of Miralax in a gallon of water. I found it a lot more effective and more manageable."

RainaBgone August 6, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "There's no question that Moviprep is effective in cleansing the bowel, my colonoscopy was very clear and the bowel well prepared. The moviprep certainly acted fast as it did not take long before I was running for the toilet. However, I found it incredibly hard to drink all two litres in 4 hours, realistically it took me 11 hours starting at 1pm. The flavour was disgusting, by far the worst thing I have ever tasted in my life. I found it hard to swallow and hard to build myself up to taking another drink. Highly recommend moviprep look at how this could be bound inside a jello that would allow it to be consumed and this hiding the tastes!!"

Dan87 August 1, 2016

For Bowel Preparation: "This is only my second colonoscopy, ( I am 60 yrs. young) My doc gave me the Gavilyte-N. It was not too bad as I made it this morning and let it chill. The first few glasses went down ok. But I am down to about 2-3 more glasses away from being finished tonight. I have had the worst nausea, gagging, and near vomiting I have felt in my entire life. I hope to God I never have to do this again. There's no history of polyps or cancer in my family. Calling it done once this procedure is over."

MC2004 August 1, 2016

For Bowel Preparation: "Took GaviLyte-N and had no problems getting the first half down but then had a terrible red rash all over my body. Got up the next morning and tried second half and could not keep any of it down. Tried 6 times and it always came up. I will never do this again."

keekee77 July 28, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Not that bad, really. The lemony salty drink is best taken in the smallest cold 8 oz glass you can find. I think it helps psychologically. I tried it first in a big glass and thought I'd never finish. A small 8 oz juice glass is easy to slug down. I think it also helps to pour the stuff into the glass and chill it so it's as cold as possible. Take a slug of warm water and swish it in your mouth immediately after to remove the lingering taste. I got into a routine. Drink, wait about 5 minutes, head to the loo and repeat. Wasn't as bad as the stuff they sprayed in my throat just before the endoscopy. So man up and get it over with."

PohPohBoyohBoy (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2016

For Bowel Preparation: "Had to take before my colonoscopy, and really had trouble keeping it down. I gagged and threw up more than I got down (or so it seemed), but it did begin to clean me out. Almost through the first course (started at 7:45pm and it's now 9:40pm), and I'm already dreading the second round that begins at 2:00am for my 7:15am appointment. Not looking forward to this again. Will ask for something different the next time. I would forego the colonoscopy just so I could skip the prep, but with pre-cancerous polips found three times in the past I can't skip having my yearly colonoscopy. God help me!"

Granny Corvette July 20, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Maybe TMI but sitting on the can writing this. Mixed up the powders as directed, added about half a packet of EmergenC powder, guzzled 8 fl oz every 15 minutes as directed. I don't know if I had a newer formulation or something but I had no problems with the taste - tasted like Gatorade or some electrolyte drink to me. Started working within 40 mins. And so here I sit..."

Colonoddity (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "So i apprehensively opened the 1st pkt of M prep at 7pm the night b4 my procedure, .. After reading the reviews on here .. I was anticipating the gip factor of the drink , and true to the reviews it was top scale rank .. Seriously took all my swallowing efforts to the hilt .. I mixed in some lucozade to alter the taste .. But still ended up with a fizzy, thick , salty , slimy mess that made my head hurt and my stomach retch on every mouthfull .. My eyes watered and my sphincter tightened lol Not from the anticipation of what was to follow .. But the bodily reaction to the chewy thick substance that was globbing down my aesophagus . Ffwd 2/3 hrs - i was on form -with the toilet hugging my behind I'm sleep inthe bathroom All done for morning"

Nomoremovieprepplease ! July 16, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Tips for completing this prep: 1. Use half orange or citrus Vitamin Water or Gatorade, half regular water, to make the solution. The vitamins and minerals help reduce unpleasant side effects. 2. Mix prep ahead of time and refrigerate for two hours or more. 3. Use a straw to drink the solution. 4. Drink water, apple juice, white grape juice or other clear liquids as a chaser. 5. Before the prep, during, and after, drink a lot of water. This gives your body something to evacuate and keeps you hydrated through the process. I cannot stress this enough. 6. Grimace and bear it. While not a fun process, this prep is one of the better ones out there. Cheers."

Luran July 13, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This is way too sweet. I was nauseated after the first 8 oz and the nausea never went away. I much preferred the plain ol' Golytely they used to use."

Miss Patsy July 12, 2016

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I know many people have trouble with the whole colonoscopy experience but I really don't know why. To me it it's a very comical experience. Drink a glass every 10 or so minutes and soon you'll be timing for the bathroom about as frequently. I liked the added note on the GoLYTELY to jiggle your tummy to help remove extra poo. I have to admit after the whole GoLYTELY experience I wanted to watch what the whole fuss was about. Watching the scope do it's thing was amazing. Now that I have to do it all again I will not drink quite as fast (I wasted some by projectile vomiting some of it back up ... also comical) but I will dance and jiggle my bowels about to get them as clean as I can. My biggest concern is what flavor to get. Pineapple? NOT"

Amzl July 9, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "can I just say, these horror stories got me so worked up I was dreading this prep, the reality is its NOT THAT BAD!!!. Ok so the drink isn't great, like a salty lemonade ( I find the cranberry powder things disgusting too but if I've got a water infections I drink it!). I found the 1st litre easier to drink than the 2nd,with the 1st one I used a whisky size tumbler and drank it through a straw at room temperature. I drank it all within half an hour and it started working within the hour. The 2nd litre took longer,I used a bigger glass and filled it with ice, I found it harder to drink cold and the larger glass never seemed to empty so you feel like your going forever! Don't be put off by the scary stories!"

Pendle July 7, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This was for a bowel prep. Liquids 2 days before and it still didn't work (about 85% cleared) ...until it didn't stop after the procedure. Now 4 days out from colonoscopy I'm still having bms reminiscent of the prep itself and I've had the most severe stomach pains I've ever had in my life- and I have a disease which is known for causing pretty damn bad cramps. Apparently doctor says this is "not unusual". Also, this combination of potassium, sodium and antifreeze came to my insurance's max out of pocket copay. Kinda ridiculous. Never. Again."

Tarheel239 July 3, 2016

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I was told I could add the little packets of crystal light lemonade to the Golytely to make it more tolerable. I would put a packet with the glass you are drinking to measure the strength of the lemon flavor."

Bobby K June 29, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Had an endoscopy and colonoscopy this morning (26/6/16) and took the movieprep yesterday as part of the process. I actually found it acceptable ( miles better than a barium meal) but was helped I think by these factors which I certainly think would help others. 1) i didnt eat at all the day before I took the movieprep( 2 days before the colonoscopy) 2) I took the movieprep at home in a quiet environment under my own steam 3) i made the movieprep 2 hours before drinking and placed it in the fridge to chill before drinking over the following 2 hours 4) i used a straw to drink the movieprep 5) I heavily flavoured the drink with lime juice Good luck if you go through this process but I found it better than expected"

alan1267543 June 28, 2016

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Oh my God!! I am really glad that I have eaten really lightly for the last few days and nothing at all today. It works alright! Felt full and kind of bloated after the first glass and by the third, I was running for the bathroom. Still have half to go but am afraid to leave the bathroom to drink it! They better get a good look tomorrow because I am not doing this again! Lol"

Jen9899 June 28, 2016

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Used it for a bowel prep before a hysterectomy. You have to drink it fast. I got distracted with the first glass and drank it too slow. Got off to a bad start. I had horrible stomach bloating and pain while I was drinking. It took about 2 1/2 hours for me to start going. My bum is on fire but I am mostly clear and just liquid coming out. Also made me very nauseous. There has got to be a better way."

Klg120 (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Just finished my first 1 liter dose about 2 hours ago. Taste was not as bad as I was afraid of, honestly the lemon/salty taste reminds me very much of a margarita! Started to work before I was finished drinking it, and already only 2 hours in I feel pretty cleaned out and the trips to the bathroom which where at first every five minutes are now every 15 minutes. I don't have my next dose until 6 am tomorrow, so at this rate I am reasonably sure I will get some sleep tonight. Some mild cramps but not bad. With Blue Cross/Blue Shield my out of pocket was $20. Worst part so far has been the nervousness leading up to my first dose after reading the horror stories on this site. I slept though the night, up at 6 for dose 2, no problems."

Juststarting1 (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2016