User Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

Also known as: Clenz-Lyte, Co-Lav, Colonic Lavage Solution, Colyte, GaviLyte-C, GaviLyte-G, GaviLyte-H, GaviLyte-N, Go-Evac, GoLYTELY, MoviPrep, NuLYTELY, PEG-3350 with Electolytes, Plenvu, Suclear, TriLyte …show all brand names

Constipation, Chronic
8.5

Bowel Preparation
6.9

Gastrointestinal Decontamination

Summary of Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes reviews 6.9 368 reviews

Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Was prescribed the half-dosing method. Drank the 1st half in 1.5 hrs and it's been 4 hours and nothing. Stomach pain, headache, nausea and sporadic chest pains. Drinking lots of water thinking it will help but it is just making me more uncomfortable. Dread drinking the 2nd half tomorrow and hope I don't have to reschedule. It's not been a good experience."

Bean (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 15, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Absolutely disgusting taste "

Steph (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

For Bowel Preparation: "Horrible!!! I have a colonoscopy booked for tomorrow at 8 am. I picked up the medicine from walgreens and they gave me the galon with the powder inside but they never gave me a lemon flavor or something to add it. Well I had to drink a 8 oz every 10 min until finish all the 4 liters. Really nasty and tasted horrible!! I don't know why the doctors gave us this horrible medication. I don't recommend it. Try to ask for another medicine or alternative that taste better but still works"

Roma (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Horrible! I don't know who dreamed this up. It's like drinking 4 liters of cooking oil. I was told it's better cold (it's probably the only way you can swallow it) Half way through I was shaking so hard that my teeth were chattering. The prep worked but I will never, ever use this foul stuff again."

LB (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2018

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This stuff tastes horrible! Trying to gulp it down but it has a sweet flavor to it. Was worse when I tried adding the lemon flavoring packet that came with it. Thank you for the chicken broth suggestion!! This helped to drink the broth before and after each glass. Can’t wait until this over!!"

Angel (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2018

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I got the prescription on June 25, 2018 for a July 30 colonoscopy--and without preparation--stored it in the refrigerator. The day before drinking it, I prepared it with tepid tap water and the lemon flavoring that came with it. I agitated the mixture until no powder or crystals were visible. I put the mixture back in the refrigerator. Using a measuring cup, a soft-drink cup with a lid and straw, and a minute timer, I consumed 8 oz of the GaviLyte-G in one continuous suck. Then I set the timer for a 10-minute rest. Once the ten minutes was up, I repeated this process until about half the bottle was consumed. I put the rest back in the fridge. I consumed the remaining half of the GaviLyte-G approximately four hours before the scheduled procedure. I found this process not very stressful and the taste of was fair, like a flat Gatorade, Fresca, or Pocari Sweat-which I really like."

Chicago 2018 July 31, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Had to use this to prep for a morning appotiment. Started at 4pm and finished the second dose of at 11pm. It wasn't until the second lot that really got anything moving. Took about three hours to kick in and once it did, it didn't stop until the wee hours of the morning. I got the orange flavoured one, the taste was the worst part. That with the urge to throw up while drinking it. Especially since I was not able to chase with any food, gum or candy. Apple juice was a decent chaser though. So it works great, the taste is awful and maybe use wet wipes to be kind to your bottom because by the end of it, its gunna hurt."

Shannon July 31, 2018

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I started taking GaviLyte-G in prep for my colonoscopy. I had to drink 2 liters the night before and 2 liters the morning of. I drank the 2 liters in 2 hours as directed and then began to vomit. After vomiting I did have diarrhea for several hours. The taste was pretty nasty. It tasted like baking soda, salt, and metal. It was difficult to drink but I continued to meet the guidelines of 8 oz every 15 minutes in order to consume the 2 liters in the prescribed 2 hours. Having this much liquid in such a short time causing blotting and nausea."

crazy8 (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2018

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Okay. I’m giving it a 10 because it was immensely effective in my experience. I was fasting 5 days prior (eating twice daily barely) and I am underweight. I couldn’t fathom having endoscopy with a colonoscopy the same day, so it ruined my appetite anyway. This drink is horrible by itself. I need a catcher with it; clear Gatorade worked for me. The drink started to work after one glass. I have little to no side effects. The obvious one is diarrhea. SURPRISINGLY, I have no abdominal pain. I feel like vomiting, but it ends up being only gas. My advice is to eat light and get zofran. I think without zofran I couldn’t drink this without vomiting."

Anonymous June 21, 2018

PEG-3350 with Electolytes (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This worked well, but it was SO GROSS! Why no added flavoring?! "Drink one 8oz glass every 15 minutes until you have completed 3 liters." I couldn't do it. Drinking 3 liters of anything that fast is hard, but this tasted so disgusting, I could hardly get it done. It took 2 extra hours and prayer to complete. I would describe the taste as salty liquefied chicken fat. If you have been prescribed this, good luck."

Vespera (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2018

For Bowel Preparation: "Chest pain, feeling of doom, icy cold fingers and hands, gurgling, 2 hours since starting and 1 hour after finishing 2 litres, no bowel movement whatsoever"

Mommydearest June 5, 2018

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Tastes terrible but works. I drink with coke or ginger ale. Will be drinking another hour. Started at 4:30 pm. The coffee will help tomorrow morning."

Fish May 31, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Did the 2 stage MoviPrep for the first time and it was the easiest and best prep I have done and I've done four. I have had poor preps in the past so I decided to reduce fiber intake the week before which also helped. I chilled the first 32 ounces and started at 1 PM and drank 8 ozs about every 20 minutes. The taste was not that bad and I chased each dose with an ice popsicle and some water. It was not nearly as bad for me as MiraLax or Go Lightly which I could not tolerate. No nausea, no cramping, just some gurgling as the stuff took effect. After the first dose I was not completely clear but the second dose (6 PM) did the trick. Colonoscopy itself was a breeze (propofol is your friend, do not settle for IV demerol), always enjoy the initial feeling of falling off, did not remember a thing and woke up a little groggy but fine. Doc said the prep was excellent and no polyps or abnormalities. Overall, the best experience for me in now 5 tries. Hope this reassures and helps someone else."

rb May 22, 2018

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "My bad experience is not so much the taste or reaction from the GaviLyte, but that it didn't work and I've had to reschedule the colonoscopy. Not a good thing. The only reason I can imagine why it didn't fully do the job, might be that I drank it too slowly... taking 3 hrs to down 64 oz., then doing the same thing the following morning. Wish I had referenced this site earlier."

Milo (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2018

TriLyte (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "The stuff tastes awful- like slime water. Gagged and almost vomited every sip. Magnesium citrate tastes wonderful in comparison. Will look for a dr who uses something else next time!"

NA (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2018

For Bowel Preparation: "I took Lannett PEG-3350 & Electrolytes 4 liter. I have a colonoscopy every 10 years. This is my 3rd one and happily, using the above prep- it was the easiest and most effective by far. I had read some scary reviews from other users but had not problem drinking it by itself, chilled. I also experimented by adding a different flavor to each glass, just to change it up: lemon juice organic apple cider vinegar crystal light (lemon) - approved by my doc and my fav: little bit of dill pickle juice! Very efficient and thorough action. No complaints. Doc should get good pics tomorrow."

mmc (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2018

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Worst tasting stuff ever! I had the unflavored one. And I will try most anything . Tastes very “fishy” . That’s the worst. It helps to have it very cold on ice. Also I cut a lemon and sucked on a slice after every drink like a tequila shot. That helps."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Used this last night first litre at 5pm, second at 8pm. Each litre I managed to get down in one hour, including the extra 500ml clear liquid for each prep. Unfortunately there were no bowel movements at all. I was jumping around trying to bring a movement on, and felt very bloated and had a painful stomach. Had read that if no bowel movement in 6 hours to call a Doctor. By 10.30 pm I was very distressed and called 111. I had a Sigmoidoscopy due at 10 am the next day. The clinician gave advice pending the Dr phoning, such as a hot bath, rubbing stomach in clockwise direction and lying on floor with legs in air cycling. I tried them all and at 11.25 pm finally I had success. The Dr called at 12.45 am thankfully all was well by then. The printout after my procedure said “bowel prep fair”, it was not even a clear result after all that distress. It was a very unpleasant experience and I would wish to avoid Moviprep in the future."

Jellyfish (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2018

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "It tasted like drinking salt water through a radiator hose. I think the taste depends on the degree of oxidation, either of the bottle or the PEG-3350. PEG 3350 is the ingredient of Miralax, and in my experience is tasteless. I think this oxidation is what accounts for the differences of opinion on the taste. The expiration date on the bottle is 11/2020, 2 years, 7 months from today. I wanted to suggest to the company that they fill their bottles with nitrogen gas to prevent oxidation, but their "contact" link is bogus. 4 Liter bottle containing, 236g PEG-3350 22.74g Sodium Sulfate, Anhydrous 6.74g Sodium Bicarbonate 5.86g Sodium Chloride 2.97g Potassium Chloride"

Smoix April 10, 2018

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I was prescribed gavilyte-g with electrolytes for bowel prep before a colonoscopy. While it seems like it would be hard to chug down a gallon of laxative, it wasn't that bad. I mixed it up with the lemon flavor packet and put it in the fridge the morning before I was going to use it. That evening I started drinking it. I simply poured 8 ounces in a cup and drank it every 15 minutes. The taste was not bad at all. It wasn't thick or gritty like some people have described. I had no nausea or cramps at all what so ever. I just simply had diarrhea for most of the night. Side note: The colonoscopy procedure was a breeze as well. The only complication I may of had due to the prep was a very high blood pressure at the time of the procedure which I had to recieve beta blockers in my IV for. My blood pressure was the highest I've ever seen it. (I also have hypertension and take 2 blood pressure medications. Maybe they weren't absorbed due to the prep.)"

ET (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I was truly in panic mode after reading some of these reviews. If anyone is going to experience side effects, it is me. Well, I had zero side effects. This prep worked very quickly.....very quickly! I barely finished the 2nd glass on my first dosing before it kicked in. I will admit, it tastes disgusting and I had a hard time getting it down come the second half of the prep. It tastes like dirty ocean water with a splash of lemon. Make sure you hydrate well during this prep."

Dix (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2018

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I just started bowel prep. I have been scared all day reading online comments about how bad it taste and how it makes people throw up and gag. THIS STUFF DOESN'T EVEN TASTE BAD??!?!?! It's actually borderline sugary and good. Wow... I can't believe I got scared of reading online comments. I'll never do that again. This stuff is not so bad whatsoever! I'll post another update when I start going to see if it causes cramps/bloating/pain/nausea."

ET (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2018

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Let me start off with the taste, It wasn't good, but it wasn't bad either. The first half went down fine. It worked almost immediately for me about a 1/2 hour, then the faucet was opened full flow. No bad cramping, no bloating. My doctor wanted me to spilt the dose and that is when the problem of drinking it down got to my head I guess the taste wasn't what my body was craving for at 3am. I was about to give up drinking it all, but found my way, I remembered my daughters Capri Sun drinks were clear and sugary, I'd take a sip of that before I guzzled the Gavilyte than a large sip after worked. Now off to get scoped, YAY!"

TheRuns (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "It was horrible! I took it like it was prescribed and made it through 3/4 of the first bottle. I felt nauseous so I relaxed in bed for a few and then my legs stiffened and slowly started shaking uncontrollably! Then they would stop shaking suddenly. Then 5-10 minutes later they would start shaking again. I was terrified! This happened 6-7 times before my husband and I decided I needed to go to the ER. They continued on the way there and even at the hospital! It probably happened at least 15 times before they gave me Benadryl and IV fluids. Then as I was leaving the ER I started vomiting! There was no way I was going to finish the prep and my appointment for testing was at 8:00 in the morning. I was on the toilet all night and nauseous. Luckily I was cleaned out enough to go through with the test but I will never use Moviprep again! My legs are so sore and hard to walk on today and it was so scary what I was going through!"

Robin (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I took moviprep last week, which has given me abdominal cramps, nausea, chill and shivering. Its almost a week since I have taken moviprep, and today after eating my food I am still getting abdominal cramps, chills, shivers and nausea. I hope this is not a permanent damage!"

ST (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2018