User Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

Also known as: Clenz-Lyte, Co-Lav, Colonic Lavage Solution, Colyte, GaviLyte-C, GaviLyte-G, GaviLyte-H, GaviLyte-N, Go-Evac, GoLYTELY, MoviPrep, NuLYTELY, PEG-3350 with Electolytes, Suclear, TriLyte

Learn more about Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes.

Constipation, Chronic 10 reviews 31 medications

8.8
Bowel Preparation 232 reviews 114 medications

7.2
Gastrointestinal Decontamination 3 reviews 44 medications

Summary of Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes reviews 245 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This is the worst thing I have ever tasted in my entire life, I took me ages to drink the first litre, after I felt sick, stomach cramps then 2 hours after drinking the first litre the heavens opened! I tried to drink my second litre but I physically couldn't, I drank 500ml of it and I threw up the whole river nile (after drinking 1l of water inbetween). Worst experience ever! And I'm starving LOL"

Charlotte94 January 21, 2017

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "BAD experience. My fourth colonoscopy but the first using Moviprep. Previously all colonoscopies worked using a preparation named Cleanprep. Moviprep just didn't work. I was booked in for a morning procedure and stuck absolutely to the guidelines as there is NO POINT in going for the procedure if you do not have a clear bowel. Started drinking the solution (which was relatively pleasant to drink) at 5 pm evening before my morning procedure and had one bowel movement shortly after first batch then NOTHING more!! just an unpleasant experience for a really negative outcome. Procedure ABANDONED and I'm rebooked. Afternoon procedure now with different timescale for taking Moviprep - I'd rather take the more unpleasant Cleanprep it WORKS!!"

Lidl January 20, 2017

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "There is a worse tasting medication than this one called FLEET. There is no way around the foul taste of moviprep, don't sip it try not to taste between gulps. Wash your mouth out with clean water after each 250m/l glass and chew a peppermint gum to take away the taste."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2017

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Drank my first pint within the first 30 mins and then within the hour I have totally destroyed the toilet. There was a slight rumble in stomach then the gates of heaven opened up. The taste is disgusting and I can't even describe it. Not looking forward to the second dose"

chezdcfc January 10, 2017

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "It's been three hours since I started drinking the first half over an hour and a half ago and I am still waiting to go to the loo. I've been sat in this bathroom for about 2 hours and nothing. Haha, should I be worried? The second half is in the morning. My stomach is gurgling but nothing is happening. Just my luck eh :P"

Thorne, H January 9, 2017

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Started at 6pm- finished 730pm Now 1130pm.. absolute agony!! Stomach disension) looking approx 7months pregnant! buscopan taken 1 hour ago! Still no result!!!! I'm due for a colonoscopy tomorrow morning!!!!"

Owch! (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2017

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Works great. Taste okay through the first 8 ounces then it gets harder and harder to drink. Best way to describe the taste is it taste like lemon pledge."

Anonymous January 6, 2017

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I took this stuff before having flexible sigmoidoscopy. The first dose worked after about an hour. It tasted unpleasant (cheap, lemony and salty) and the consistency was thick and lumpy so it was difficult to swallow. When I rinsed the jug out afterwards, it fizzed like a volcano. There has been plenty of urgency to go to the loo but no cramps. The first dose cleared me out so well that I didn't need to bother with the second dose."

Esio Trot January 5, 2017

For Bowel Preparation: "It tastes ok, don't drink it @ room temperature, just chill it a bit and it's doable. I split the gallon in about half, started at 6pm, took a little bit more than half by 8 or so, and by 11 was still going to the bathroom. Took on the rest starting at around 2am. The second part was much harder to get down. Almost threw up once. I didn't want to be at the hospital and still fell the need to go to the bathroom, so I gave myself plenty of time to complete the dose several hours before the procedure time. I am 60 and getting my 2nd colonoscopy that my primary doctor ordered. Hoping everything will be ok."

bananaRep (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "So here I am, sat in the same place as the rest of you! I'm 19 years old and it's the second time I'm drinking moviprep, this time in preparation for a capsule endoscopy (last time I had a colonoscopy). My first experience with moviprep was horrible, taking me 6 hours to drink the full 2 litres. Due to this, it's safe to say that I have been dreading drinking it again. Although, I am here after drinking the first litre in half an hour and can honestly say it hasn't been too bad (not as bad as I remember it at all!!) my method is simply drinking 3 gulps out of a pint glass and then sucking on a hard boiled sweet, if works a treat. It started working quickly on me, only 15 minutes after finishing the first litre. Good luck guys!!"

BlondeElk December 20, 2016

Colyte (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "The smell and taste is so foul that I gagged so much that I could not continue after two glasses. Vomiting would have been next. Had to cancel my colonoscopy."

rimrod December 15, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "The taste is disgusting. Every mouthful I'd have made me gag so I had to have a drink straight after taking it. After around two hours I couldn't keep off the toilet and was like this through the night. Definitely cleared me out!!"

Jackkk December 14, 2016

For Bowel Preparation: "It taste ok, the problem comes after, I have been drinking this for 2 hours and no bowel movement, but I have a lot of pain it is gut wrenching, husband went to get me a laxative "

In deep pain! (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I too am giving this review on the loo. I'd say its like a salty lemon drink. I was meant to be going to see a panto tonight but has the saying goes oh no your not. Very watery bowel movement can not leave the toilet for longer than 5 mins. I feel like the guy from dumb and dumber when he gets tricked into drinking laxative. Lol. Well hopefully will be clear when go hospital tomorrow. I'm in the uk too so got on NHS."

pipppa December 12, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Honestly the worst thing I have ever drank in my entire life, the texture was so bizarre, was prescribed 2L to drink only managed 1.25L because I kept vomiting. Was ok though because it still cleared my bowel ready for my colposcopy and endoscopy."

Anonymous December 7, 2016

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "wow, this stuff will clean engines inside and out ha ha. nasty taste but very effective. won't do it again i can assure you that"

1disabledvet (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2016

For Bowel Preparation: "ABSOLUTELY foul. Don't let these reviews fool you where they say it isn't that bad. I struggled with completing the first half of the gallon bc the taste is ATROCIOUS- very very salty and no, the Crystal Light Lemonaide doesn't help. All the science in the 21st century and nothing has come up that's better tasting or easier to get down? I'm LITERALLY awake after spending a tremendous amount if time in the bathroom pooping liquid that after all my efforts isn't CLEAR yet but the thought of drinking this next half makes me want to break into hives and a profuse sweat. Would I do this again? Heck no. If I God forbid get bowel related illness, then take me home sweet Jesus, bc I can NOT go through drinking this again."

KimberlyinSonomaCa December 5, 2016

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Super easy and not bad tasting at all. I heard so many negative reviews that I was very nervous to drink this solution. I drank it cold and through a straw. It was hard to get the last glass down before I started having a BM, but then it was a breeze to drink. I drank half tonight, and I will have the other half in the morning. I've been in the bathroom for roughly 4 hours thus far, but that's to be expected since that's what it's for. "

Gonzales7686 December 5, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "As I assume most of these reviews are written on the toilet so is mine. The whole day wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Moviprep tastes like salty lemonade. I chilled it, added crystal light lemonade flavor, drank it with a straw and chased it with water. Started working in about 45 minutes."

Not that bad (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I have no idea where some folk get their MoviPrep from, but I'm in the UK and got it free through the NHS to use in preparation for an endoscopy to check my bowels. First off, the taste was fine - just like a powdered lemon juice - absolutely no problems drinking it - in fact I enjoyed watching TV whilst sipping it! It took about 1.5 hours before I had my first toilet visit, but at no time was I concerned that I might lose control. My stools became watery after the second visit and continued that way for about 10 or more visits. To my surprise, I went to bed, about 2 hours after my last drink, I didn't have to get up in the night. In the morning, slight watery movement and then went to hospital. The surgeon said that my bowel was clear"

motoguzzibob (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2016

For Bowel Preparation: "This stuff is disgusting! I am still trying to finish it. My exam is in the morning. I am on a two day prep. It's the hardest not to eat anything then to have to consume such a terrible tasting mixture. I hope I don't have to repeat this. Thankfully it seems to be working. My stool is running clear each time I run to the bathroom. I hope my procedure is successful tomorrow. My fingers are crossed."

limojica (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2016

For Bowel Preparation: "It took me 30 minutes to get down the first mixture it has now been over 2 hours and nothing has passed. Getting the mixture down was horrible but I already have bad nausea on a daily basis and I have to consume food and water slowly to help prevent it."

Halesbb (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Don't get hung up on bad reviews, this stuff is awesome, I was expecting it to be like drinking motor oil thick foul tasting liquid. In reality it's like really cheap and nasty diluting juice you drank as a kid, but that's it, I ended up having a fourth litre as got sent two packs for good measure. No abdominal pain or anything, it basically just makes you pee out your bum. Come 5 o'clock I did get a little dizzy as I had nothing at all to eat or drink, or low blood sugar, drank some lucizade and was fine in fifteen minutes ie make sure you get your calorie intake via fizzy juice through the day and you will have no issue! Thought it would be hard not to eat too, but wasn't even an issue! As usual avoid focusing to much on internet!"

Stinkyfinger (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2016

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Fifth time having the fun of Golytely. I'll share what my pharmacist told me before the first time. Get some hard candy, something you don't normally want, like lemon drops. Suck on the candy while drinking the solution through a straw as quickly as possible. The candy helps to cut the salty taste and going through straw makes it much quicker."

Multiple time user - unfortuna (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 13, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "The first sachet was so hard to get down, it was disgusting it took me a few hours to take it, I think this is because it was room temperature and in a pint glass. The second sachet was much easier to get down, as I put ice in the cup and used a smaller glass I also held my nose and drank water after every gulp. I found the sachets very successful and definitely cleared me out."

Natasha1092745 November 11, 2016