User Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes systemic

Also known as: Clenz-Lyte, Co-Lav, Colonic Lavage Solution, Colyte, GaviLyte-C, GaviLyte-G, GaviLyte-H, GaviLyte-N, Go-Evac, GoLYTELY, MoviPrep, NuLYTELY, PEG-3350 with Electolytes, Plenvu, TriLyte …show all brand names

Constipation, Chronic
8.5

Bowel Preparation
6.9

Gastrointestinal Decontamination

Summary of Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes reviews 6.9 409 reviews

Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "The flavor of Moviprep reminded my Alka Seltzer. It's got that citrusy flavor. It is tolerable. I was really freaked out by what others had said, but the experience was not has horrible as I read. Within 20 minutes I was in the bathroom. I started my prep around 5PM and the bathroom trips started to settle down between 7 and 8:00PM. Still lots of gurgling though. Take round 2 about 3:30AM. Make sure you have flushable wipes and Vaseline!"

SuzieQ (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Trialled Plenvu for a colonoscopy prep. It's only the 2nd time I've had the procedure, the previous time I used Picolax. I found plenvu very easy to use and fast acting. I had a morning appt at 8am. I took my first dose at 4.25pm the night before (taking half an hour to drink the solution as advised) - was already active by 5.10pm! I only went 3 or 4 times before I went to bed at 11.30pm. Woke up at 2am for the 2nd dose (again, taking half an hour to drink the solution) and went another 2 times after that. Had my last drink of water at 5.30am and had to go once more in the hospital just before my appointment at 8am. All in all was a pretty smooth process. Picolax I had to wait for a long time before it worked, and it was a cramping sensation each time. This was more of a gentle urge and no pressure or pain involved. The big downside is the taste. I struggled with it and I'm pretty tolerant. The dose 1 was pretty disgusting, dose 2 was better. I would still recommend it though."

MD1979 February 11, 2019

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I had really freaked myself out reading other peoples experiences, I retch with bad smells, never mind bad tastes. I have taken the orange flavoured one about 1 hour ago, a lot of gurgling going on as I type. I decided to mix in a big dose of sugar free, double concentrate, orange squash and it made the moviprep taste ok, slight after taste, but quick chew of sugar free gum and that's gone. The only issue I have and will have again in 4 hours is the volume, its a lot to drink. But definitely not too bad with big dose of squash"

Grillz February 10, 2019

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I downed my first litre of MoviPrep nearly two hours ago. As most folk on here say, it tastes vile and has left me feeling nauseous. Within 10mins of finishing first litre, I experienced explosive diarrhea, which carried on for another hour, by which time I was just poo-ing water. So I suppose it has worked but I'm now dreading the next litre, as the bloating is very painful. I hope the prep works okay for my colonscopy, which I'm having late tomorrow morning."

whatnext February 7, 2019

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Expected it to taste awful. Chilled it and had a straw but honestly I didn't mind the taste. Started working the first time within the hour .. bit crampy, bloating as expected but nothing to worry about. Wasn't explosive just watery, but I limited my diet for a few days before too. On the second dose now, more discomfort but I'm empty already. Drank this one a bit faster, within the hour. Vaseline on the area from before you start and toilet wipes are key. I have a fissure so I'm extra careful, get off the loo quickly and then just wonder round with no pants on till the next time . Every few minutes for me for about 90 minutes .. having IBS this isn't a new experience though."

Rothers (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Easy to mix, easy to take, no issues with taste. Works quickly. Felt a little sick on second dose but only because of Aspartame. Not fond of Aspartame;I typically never drink "anything" with this awful chemical and the reason people get stomach upsets, nausea beside the fact its a carcinogen and should not be in the market..but sorry I digressed, otherwise the solution was well received. The procedure went without a hitch and I was back to eating normal again...of course I will never drink anything with Aspartame again unless its this mix since there wasn't a choice and it worked well."

Contently Pleased (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2019

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I was given the unflavored 4 liter bottle of GoLytely for colonoscopy prep and the split protocol (drink half at suppertime the night before and the other half 6 hrs before arrival). I was told I could add sugar-free lemonade Crystal Light (no other options permitted). The prep itself worked as expected, despite the fact that I was only able to drink 2/3 of the total volume. I developed SEVERE nausea after the first phase of the prep and had to quit 2 glasses into the second phase. The super-salty flavor wasn't the problem -- I think it was the huge volume consumed quickly and the strong plastic odor/taste of the solution. I did not get dehydrated or dizzy (drank LOTS of fluids), so I think this stuff is the ticket if I can figure out how to beat the nausea."

Rathernot Say (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2019

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Tastes pretty awful but managed ok with a straw. It didn’t make me nauseous at all. I had to wait around an hour for the first trip to the toilet (I took the first dose at 5pm and finished the first litre by 7pm). The only snag was, although it tells you the trips to the toilet should finish pretty soon after you stop taking the stuff, mine went on all night! For this reason I only downed one glass of the second litre in the morning and chucked the rest down the sink. Colonoscopy was at 1.30pm and was done with no problem. Three cheers for our fabulous NHS (I’m in the UK) - it cost me nothing at all. I would definitely use it again. It’s not as scary as some people make out."

Frosty (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2019

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I had used Golytely as prep for a colonoscopy. I was required to drink 2 liters between 4-6pm and another 2 liters @ midnight. That’s a lot of liquid. I don’t think I could drink that much of something I loved. Needless to say, I couldn’t get through the first two liters and ended up canceling my procedure because my system was not sufficiently flushed. The taste wasn’t an intense or gross taste—at first. But as I kept drinking, it began to taste like salt water. My body naturally decided that drinking two liters of this stuff was too much and I began vomiting. This was meant to be my second colonoscopy, but my first time using Golytely as the prep. Very disappointed in this stuff and the fact that there are doctors who still use this 4-liter prep approach, when, apparently, there are much better and lesser-volume options available."

MiFii87 (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2019

NuLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I expected the unpleasant experience of drinking this stuff; I also expected the "explosion" that would happen an hour or so afterward. That never happened. In fact, NOTHING happened all night, and very little after the liter taken in the morning. So although I had the colonoscopy, the doctor had to report: "the preparation is bad; cleaning was carried out but there are areas that could not be observed." Years ago the prep was Dulcolax and citrate of magnesia; it was awful but at least it worked!"

Dana (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2019

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Drank the 1st litre, took some drinking as a litre is a lot of liquid. Mixed mine with lime cordial do not such a bad taste. It's do-able. On loo now , it worked after an hour of drinking 1st glass. I don't fancy the 2nd litre much but it got to be done. No cost as UK and NHS"

Sj (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2019

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "What a horrible thing to have to go through! Tasted vile, salty with a lemony artificial flavour. Drank the two pint glasses fairly quickly at 7 pm and got a result two hours later. I got no sleep at all due to the fact, that I have a hole from the bowel to the vagina, so it was just pouring out! Horrible experience, will refuse to do it again as it was very difficult to manage. Off for the sigmoidoscopy in half an hour, no doubt followed by some operation or other."

Danish January 9, 2019

GaviLyte-C (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Gavilyte made me acutely ill the first time I took it 15 years ago for my first colonoscopy and also my most recent in October 2018. Five years ago I used a Miralax prep for a colonoscopy with much better results and no acute illness. In October 2018 the doctor's office insisted I go back to the Gavilyte. I informed them it made me sick. They gave me ONE Zofran for nausea for their TWO stage prep. I got through the first part of the prep that started 4 hours after taking Zofran. But when I started the second stage of taking the remaining half gallon of Gavilyte at 2:30 am the Zofran had worn off and I became acutely ill. Not just with vomiting, but with malaise so severe from head to toe that I was calling out to my husband for help in between head-in-the-toilet vomiting. They called off the colonoscopy and the week of preparation was for naught. Now I have to repeat the process. At least this time it will be with Miralax NOT Gavilyte."

TooTired January 1, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "By far the most disgusting bowel prep I have taken (5 in all). The taste was horrible even while plugging nose. Try as I might I could not choke down all of the 2nd glass and wound up throwing up most of what I did drink. I will never take it again."

Chuff (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "The drink doesn't taste that bad. However, the thick syrupy texture is quite difficult to drink quickly. I was also sick after the second glass. It's bearable, though, so don't be scared. It took until the second prep for it to really start working for me but then it was mighty effective!"

Kitkat (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This bowel prep is the best did not make me sick at all ! As other bowel preps have made me sick, plus smaller amounts to drink ! Would recommend "

Skykayc (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2018

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "The taste extreme horrible, it smell and taste like chemical . I can't hold it . I throw up few times taking it. I had to take 4 liters. The lemon package won't even helps. How come it smells and taste so bad ?"

jamie December 20, 2018

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I can only imagine that this is what carpet cleaner tastes like. So disgusting"

Meliz (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Well....I am a very anxious person who can’t deal with anything without going into panic mode but in all honesty apart from it being unpleasant and spending five hours on the toilet, it wasn’t that bad! I don’t think it tasted that bad either, not something I’d buy for a regular drink ha ha but overall I didn’t find drinking it difficult. Bowel movements didn’t start till about 2 hours after drinking it but when they did start it wasn’t the explosive experience I thought it would have been. And apart from causing me to get piles, I didn’t feel unwell or get bad cramps or anything. I did a lot of worrying for nothing. Now for the colonoscopy!"

Ambli (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Totally a breeze, started at 4 with the first liter of fluid, finished the second liter at 6:30. Added Crystal Lite to the mix and the taste wasn't all that bad. Discharge very watery and clear after the first bottle, but did the second anyway to be sure. Also drank Gatorade and Chicken Soup broth when finished with each bottle. Started the the day with a liquid diet, black coffee and a chicken in a pot to make the broth. The whole experience was much less than all the bad reviews report."

Jimmy Crack Corn (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "WARNING - Do Not Go More Than 20ft From a TOILET!!! Wooooooo, took a while to get going, didn’t think it worked but my goodness when it comes, it comes!!!! Like a jet wash!!!! Would definitely do it again!!!"

Al (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "30 year old female first time ever taking any kind of laxative. So I was really scared about this. Terrified. I read endless reviews of people who had a horrible time. Save your worry! I didn't start to feel anything until my third glass and I couldn't finish my fourth because by the time I had stopped going back and forth it probably wasn't worth drinking anyway. The leaflet says to drink 500ml with the prep and I drank a litre making it 2 L in total with my first dose. I've been recommended to do a split dose and I have a sickness pill for the morning just in case it upsets my stomach but I doubt very much it's going to. It feels like being too full of beer. You belch and it's gone though so it's okay! The taste isn't amazing but it's not awful. It tastes like a really horrible flavour of Lucozade Sport with too much flavouring in. It's kind of really salty and super sweet at the same time. If you're worried about being sick ask for some antiemetics from your GP."

N30F (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2018

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Prep for my first colonoscopy. Mixed as directed with luke warm water and started drinking. Taste got better after a while in the fridge. I was not looking forward to this based on everything I had heard. Started working about 1 1/2hours after I started drinking. Honestly not that bad. Taste like a thick Gatorade (I added the lemon pack it came with) I mean of course having diarrhea over night is not fun but I was expecting a horrible experience. Just start off with a good mind set at get it done! Good luck to all!"

Rotor-Rooter October 23, 2018

For Bowel Preparation: "If your flavored drink is sickening sweet it makes you want to throw-up and slows down how fast you can get the powder down. Gatorade is really sweet and thick. I used a peach and white cranberry juice 64 fl ounce (that was also way too thick and sweet). Mixing the powder with 1/3 fruit juice 2/3 water made it easy to drink. Gatorade watered way down would have worked as well."

Sue October 14, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Ok folks this is really not a problem. Seriously. I absolutely dreaded it but it I would do it again tomorrow if I had to. It does taste like very salty Gatorade and drinking a whole liter in an hour wasn't easy, but it wasn't horrible. The "emptying" came on about 20 minutes in and lasted just shy of 2 hours. It was rather urgent, but completely manageable. Same for the next day's treatment. Let's just say it's a good idea to stay close to the bathroom. I drank a bit more water afterwards on the second day and I think it worked even better, so drink your chaser water! Nothing to fear here, move along."

dandaman68 (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2018