User Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

Also known as: Clenz-Lyte, Co-Lav, Colonic Lavage Solution, Colyte, GaviLyte-C, GaviLyte-G, GaviLyte-H, GaviLyte-N, Go-Evac, GoLYTELY, MoviPrep, NuLYTELY, PEG-3350 with Electolytes, Suclear, TriLyte

Learn more about Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes.

Constipation, Chronic 10 reviews 30 medications

8.8
Bowel Preparation 277 reviews 115 medications

7.1
Gastrointestinal Decontamination 4 reviews 44 medications

Summary of Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes reviews 291 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Gastrointestinal Decontamination: "ok so, the 1st time I drank it, I was like eww this thing is disgusting. Well yea, it tastes like watered down lemonade with a lot of salt. So the instructions say to mix it with lukewarm water. You can mix it then refrigerate it BEFORE you drink the first dose. The only reason why it says to use lukewarm is so that the powder dissolves quicker. Well, I stuck to drinking it lukewarm. It took me 2 hours to drink half of the bottle. I was nauseous, light headed, and wanted to quit. My bf called some of the docs on call for me and told him that I wanted to cancel. He advised us nicely and calmy "you can stop drinking til you feel at ease again. make sure you drink plenty of liquids" 2nd dose isn't as bad a first. drink long sips with a straw."

pandadookie (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "The taste is vile, even mixing it with squash did not help that. It took effect straight away though, but I only managed a pint and a half before I was gagging non-stop. However this could be because I did not drink the required amount of water between doses. Either way they said it cleared me out enough for them to see, so it was not an issue. Kind of hoping the effects will stop soon though, as I have been so many times yesterday and today and I am still in a lot of pain with it"

Amy252525 July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation: "Bloating, very tight abdomen. Didn't run to bathroom as predicted . Runs cleared just on second round of liquid in the morning . Threw up twice . Slept seven hours just fine. One thing I found no one talked about is crazy chills I had. I was shaking . I was sitting wrapped in a blanket and shaking. Thanks to nurses who wrapped me in warm blankets when I arrived at the office . Anyways . Get enough gatorade . I didn't use any straw and was chugging that stuff like a champ. Who cares about prep. My dad was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer at 52. I'm 34 and had precancerous polyps removed . I'll drink this stuff every day if you want as long as I don't have to tell my family I have cancer . Straighten up folks and be grateful."

34year old (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I have taken this at least 5-6 times for the last 10 years. I have had major problems with it since the first time. Causing me MAJOR FATIGUE. The last time I took it was 3 year's ago and I had very severe cramps and not having enough time to get to the bathroom. I went to the hospital and the doctor said it didn't work good enough so he had me go home and do a second round. I went back the next day and did the process with no energy. I had to do it last night and it was even worse than the other times. I was gagging it down and up all night with severe cramps. I tried the second dose in the morning and I just about started throwing up so I called the office and they said to stop. Once the doctor was done he said it didn't evacuate enough"

NH Grampa (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "38yrs old. I had a colonoscopy (my 4th) two and a half weeks ago and thought the moviprep was quite vile with it's lemon taste. I think I prefer the previous salt tasting solutions. The taste and prep weren't the problem though. On the morning of my colonoscopy my bowel movement appeared "clear", however when I saw the doctor after he said the prep "wasn't great". I took it exactly as directed and am concerned that the quality isn't as good as the previous preparations I've used. Having worked in theatre for colonoscopies I know how important a good prep is and was extremely disappointed in the effect of this one. The worst thing however is that I've had severe abdominal cramps with horrific diarrhea since, with only 3 day reprieve."

Julie1978 June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I wouldn't normally review this type of thing, but I had read every horror story on the internet before I took it. It didn't taste "good" and everyone is different, but it was nowhere near as awful as I expected. This is not medical advice, but as other people have suggested: 1. chill it so it's cold when you drink it 2. use a straw 3. As per my doctor, I rinsed my mouth between glasses with ginger ale 4. Based on what I'd read, I ate a low residue diet for the 4 days before (toast, bananas, jello, yogurt, applesauce) and was done with the process in 3 hours. 5. Do some stretches to move your stomach around. My problem turned out to be revealed thru the endoscopy, not colonoscopy. But this wasn't among my top 25 worst experiences in life"

Just wasn't that bad (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

PEG-3350 with Electolytes (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "2nd time having a colonoscopy first time a breeze from beginning to end, even drinking the prep (TRILYTE) NO PROBLEM. Flush lasted only hours. This time the prep was PEG-3350 with Electolytes, horrible. Why? Flavored unnecessary, very heavy the combination made me nauseous, bloating, distended belly. I was RUNNING 2 the bathroom 2 days later, my stomach has never stop rumbling and growling. I have little to no appetite. Took the prep on Tuesday today is Friday and I still feel ill."

Bad prep June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Had to do my prep before the doctor had to go mining. I chose the unflavored. Used water at room temperature. I would recommend this. Taste a little like salty water. Don't refrigerate it or you will get the chills. It will clean you out! I felt great, I believe, from the Go Lytly alone. Felt great getting the pipes cleaned."

Chkellball June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I was well impressed with this laxative - completely emptied me - 14 visits to the toilet after the first dose - and a friend of mine also had the same - 12 movements"

toejobbob (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Was due to take 2 litres of MoviPrep before a colonoscopy. Took the first litre without much trouble at 7pm and, despite gurgling, did not go to toilet before going to bed at 10pm. Attempted to take the second litre at 6am but only managed to drink about half of it before I was projectile vomiting the solution plus stomach bile everywhere. Wasn't able to take anymore and still had very minimal bowel movements so had to cancel my procedure."

Leahy88 (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This is my 3rd time taking moviprep and I love it, it tastes great and flushes you out for your colonoscopy not much else is needed just a good result after my appointment would be nice. Just don't worry about it. Make sure you use wet wipes and Germolene Antiseptic Cream."

Philscun (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "2 hours in after the first dose and still waiting for something to happen!! Have a feeling it's going to be a long night"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Tastes like pure salt even with apple juice. Despite the taste it is working well and very fast. Am in the U.K. so medicine is covered by the NHS."

Em1915 May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "It's been very helpful to read these reviews as I lay on the sofa at 8.30am just resting from the 10th toilet visit following round 2 of Movipreps effects. Yes the taste could be better and I found it made me feel very bloaty but once the clean out has taken its course it does stop and everything calms down. It's very effective and if you have to take it prior to a procedure keep thinking it's like decorating a room. The better the preparation the better the end result. I would mention the wisdom of using copious amounts of Vaseline or sudocrem to stop soreness in the nether regions. Ouch! Good luck to anyone needing a colonoscopy etc in the coming days!"

Nettie Jo (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I have to drink two bottles of this stuff, 2 day cleanse and this is my second night. I started drinking it with a lemonade powder, I LOVE lemon anything lol, anyway to me it tasted horrible with the lemon so I tried it by itself and it taste like baking soda and water. Last night at the beginning I felt a little bloated and a very little nausea after things started moving my stomach settled down. I am drinking two jugs because my first test I used something else and did not work as well as it should have. I pray this will be the last time for a long long while! It does do the job!"

Tired113 May 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation: "Disgusting taste. Prepare it several hours in advance and keep it in the fridge; the colder it is, the easier it is to swallow. I likened it to a combination of sour milk and fake lemon juice. I'm about 2.5 hours from check-in for my procedure; I began the process about 15 hours ago and the liquid is just now getting to the point where I think they'll say I'm cleaned enough (liquid looks like dark urine, should hopefully be light enough in an hour or so). I will NOT use this product next time. I did pills 10 years ago and they were much easier to deal with. This product was a horror."

SF_Kevin (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I just finished my first litre of Moviprep for my colonoscopy tomorrow. It's disgusting tasting and very hard to swallow, I'm constantly gagging. It does exactly what it's suppose to though, I feel like I'm peeing from my butt and it's definitely cleaning out my system. I'm dreading the next litre in the morning."

StephJM (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "After having to take Moviprep 3 times I have to say it is absolutely disgusting but does the trick. I recommend taking laxative tablets too as after doing that the last time I only had to take the first half of the prep and my whole bowel was cleaned out"

Ellb123 April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Taken for colonoscopy prep. Received the generic GaviLyte-G. I didn't use the lemon flavor packet. Prepared the container the night before and left it in the fridge. At 4:00 PM started drinking 8 ounces every 10 minutes. I don't find the taste off-putting at all, it's like slightly fizzy, slightly salty water. It started working after the 3rd dose (30 mins after starting). By the 7th/8th dose I was on an every 10 minute schedule - when I left the bathroom it was time for the next dose. 17 doses later (4 liters div by 8 oz) I'm confident I'm quite cleaned out; clear going in, as clear as I can imagine might be possible coming out. Lots of volume, but it works."

CDaddy April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "If you're not a salt lover, then this tastes like a lemon/lime margarita without the tequila and tons if salt! I got it done exactly as I was supposed to. It took over an hour to kick in, and drinking the 16 oz. of water after really helped​. I did do the 2nd dose the next morning as directed. Again it worked. I did have pain in my stomach not sure if it was gas from the prep or hunger pains. After I had the colonoscopy, the Doc told me the prep did not completely clean me out. Ugh!! So, instead of going back in 10 years, I will need to go back in 3 and hope they give me something different."

Cond April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "34 from UK in prep for a colonoscopy. Used the orange one with orange cordial to hide the taste. Wasn't too bad but obviously does taste rather rank. Started it at 3pm and finished the litre at around 6pm, just wasn't feeling it so close together. Kicked in first with a few stomach cramps and lots of wind and gurgles then boom. As others have said, it sure felt like I was peeing from my bum. "

Bootyprep April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Omg it tastes vile. I'm struggling to get through the first litre. I'm not looking forward to the aftermath or taking the 2nd litre. I'm just looking forward to eating after my colonoscopy tomorrow. I'm so hungry.. ."

Gluedtoloo (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for : "I suffer from chronic constipation and then severe diarrhea. I had to take the golytely for a colonosopy. It was awful!! They told me to start taking laxatives on Friday.I had to take 2 on Friday, Saturday and 2, 2 hours before the prep. So I only had 3 glasses before it happened! Lol! The directions said to stop once the stool was clear. It worked very well I only had to drink half if it (thank god!) I had severe nausea and close to emesis each time I had to drink that foul drink! I will never do it again they better get what they need!"

Anonymous April 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Took Moviprep Orange at 5pm last night and 6am this morning, it's now 10:15am and movements have stopped. I found it quite easy to drink and not too unpleasant. I think nerves from what I had read made the first glass the worst. I drank it in one go expecting something awful but it wasn't. I drank the others easily. The instructions for last night were 7pm but a friend who has done this twice advised I gave it extra time so I started early. Good decision because by 9pm nothing had happened. I was getting a little concerned but eventually it worked. Up early and took the morning doses over the space of an hour. I have also drunk 2 litres of water. Had four 'visits' this morning and only passed water. Don't worry taking this!"

Busbee April 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Don't know what the problem is with taking it.... Yes it isn't pleasant but it does what it says on the tin and that is the reason you have to take it. The hardest thing for me is the hunger I can't wait to have food after my colonscopy tomorrow ."

Gazza 1810 April 2, 2017