User Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

Also known as: Clenz-Lyte, Co-Lav, Colonic Lavage Solution, Colyte, GaviLyte-C, GaviLyte-G, GaviLyte-H, GaviLyte-N, Go-Evac, GoLYTELY, MoviPrep, NuLYTELY, PEG-3350 with Electolytes, Plenvu, Suclear, TriLyte …show all brand names

Constipation, Chronic
8.5

Bowel Preparation
6.9

Gastrointestinal Decontamination

Summary of Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes reviews 7.0 356 reviews

Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Did the 2 stage MoviPrep for the first time and it was the easiest and best prep I have done and I've done four. I have had poor preps in the past so I decided to reduce fiber intake the week before which also helped. I chilled the first 32 ounces and started at 1 PM and drank 8 ozs about every 20 minutes. The taste was not that bad and I chased each dose with an ice popsicle and some water. It was not nearly as bad for me as MiraLax or Go Lightly which I could not tolerate. No nausea, no cramping, just some gurgling as the stuff took effect. After the first dose I was not completely clear but the second dose (6 PM) did the trick. Colonoscopy itself was a breeze (propofol is your friend, do not settle for IV demerol), always enjoy the initial feeling of falling off, did not remember a thing and woke up a little groggy but fine. Doc said the prep was excellent and no polyps or abnormalities. Overall, the best experience for me in now 5 tries. Hope this reassures and helps someone else."

rb May 22, 2018

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "My bad experience is not so much the taste or reaction from the GaviLyte, but that it didn't work and I've had to reschedule the colonoscopy. Not a good thing. The only reason I can imagine why it didn't fully do the job, might be that I drank it too slowly... taking 3 hrs to down 64 oz., then doing the same thing the following morning. Wish I had referenced this site earlier."

Milo (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2018

TriLyte (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "The stuff tastes awful- like slime water. Gagged and almost vomited every sip. Magnesium citrate tastes wonderful in comparison. Will look for a dr who uses something else next time!"

NA (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2018

For Bowel Preparation: "I took Lannett PEG-3350 & Electrolytes 4 liter. I have a colonoscopy every 10 years. This is my 3rd one and happily, using the above prep- it was the easiest and most effective by far. I had read some scary reviews from other users but had not problem drinking it by itself, chilled. I also experimented by adding a different flavor to each glass, just to change it up: lemon juice organic apple cider vinegar crystal light (lemon) - approved by my doc and my fav: little bit of dill pickle juice! Very efficient and thorough action. No complaints. Doc should get good pics tomorrow."

mmc (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2018

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Worst tasting stuff ever! I had the unflavored one. And I will try most anything . Tastes very “fishy” . That’s the worst. It helps to have it very cold on ice. Also I cut a lemon and sucked on a slice after every drink like a tequila shot. That helps."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Used this last night first litre at 5pm, second at 8pm. Each litre I managed to get down in one hour, including the extra 500ml clear liquid for each prep. Unfortunately there were no bowel movements at all. I was jumping around trying to bring a movement on, and felt very bloated and had a painful stomach. Had read that if no bowel movement in 6 hours to call a Doctor. By 10.30 pm I was very distressed and called 111. I had a Sigmoidoscopy due at 10 am the next day. The clinician gave advice pending the Dr phoning, such as a hot bath, rubbing stomach in clockwise direction and lying on floor with legs in air cycling. I tried them all and at 11.25 pm finally I had success. The Dr called at 12.45 am thankfully all was well by then. The printout after my procedure said “bowel prep fair”, it was not even a clear result after all that distress. It was a very unpleasant experience and I would wish to avoid Moviprep in the future."

Jellyfish (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2018

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "It tasted like drinking salt water through a radiator hose. I think the taste depends on the degree of oxidation, either of the bottle or the PEG-3350. PEG 3350 is the ingredient of Miralax, and in my experience is tasteless. I think this oxidation is what accounts for the differences of opinion on the taste. The expiration date on the bottle is 11/2020, 2 years, 7 months from today. I wanted to suggest to the company that they fill their bottles with nitrogen gas to prevent oxidation, but their "contact" link is bogus. 4 Liter bottle containing, 236g PEG-3350 22.74g Sodium Sulfate, Anhydrous 6.74g Sodium Bicarbonate 5.86g Sodium Chloride 2.97g Potassium Chloride"

Smoix April 10, 2018

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I was prescribed gavilyte-g with electrolytes for bowel prep before a colonoscopy. While it seems like it would be hard to chug down a gallon of laxative, it wasn't that bad. I mixed it up with the lemon flavor packet and put it in the fridge the morning before I was going to use it. That evening I started drinking it. I simply poured 8 ounces in a cup and drank it every 15 minutes. The taste was not bad at all. It wasn't thick or gritty like some people have described. I had no nausea or cramps at all what so ever. I just simply had diarrhea for most of the night. Side note: The colonoscopy procedure was a breeze as well. The only complication I may of had due to the prep was a very high blood pressure at the time of the procedure which I had to recieve beta blockers in my IV for. My blood pressure was the highest I've ever seen it. (I also have hypertension and take 2 blood pressure medications. Maybe they weren't absorbed due to the prep.)"

ET (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I was truly in panic mode after reading some of these reviews. If anyone is going to experience side effects, it is me. Well, I had zero side effects. This prep worked very quickly.....very quickly! I barely finished the 2nd glass on my first dosing before it kicked in. I will admit, it tastes disgusting and I had a hard time getting it down come the second half of the prep. It tastes like dirty ocean water with a splash of lemon. Make sure you hydrate well during this prep."

Dix (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2018

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I just started bowel prep. I have been scared all day reading online comments about how bad it taste and how it makes people throw up and gag. THIS STUFF DOESN'T EVEN TASTE BAD??!?!?! It's actually borderline sugary and good. Wow... I can't believe I got scared of reading online comments. I'll never do that again. This stuff is not so bad whatsoever! I'll post another update when I start going to see if it causes cramps/bloating/pain/nausea."

ET (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2018

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Let me start off with the taste, It wasn't good, but it wasn't bad either. The first half went down fine. It worked almost immediately for me about a 1/2 hour, then the faucet was opened full flow. No bad cramping, no bloating. My doctor wanted me to spilt the dose and that is when the problem of drinking it down got to my head I guess the taste wasn't what my body was craving for at 3am. I was about to give up drinking it all, but found my way, I remembered my daughters Capri Sun drinks were clear and sugary, I'd take a sip of that before I guzzled the Gavilyte than a large sip after worked. Now off to get scoped, YAY!"

TheRuns (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "It was horrible! I took it like it was prescribed and made it through 3/4 of the first bottle. I felt nauseous so I relaxed in bed for a few and then my legs stiffened and slowly started shaking uncontrollably! Then they would stop shaking suddenly. Then 5-10 minutes later they would start shaking again. I was terrified! This happened 6-7 times before my husband and I decided I needed to go to the ER. They continued on the way there and even at the hospital! It probably happened at least 15 times before they gave me Benadryl and IV fluids. Then as I was leaving the ER I started vomiting! There was no way I was going to finish the prep and my appointment for testing was at 8:00 in the morning. I was on the toilet all night and nauseous. Luckily I was cleaned out enough to go through with the test but I will never use Moviprep again! My legs are so sore and hard to walk on today and it was so scary what I was going through!"

Robin (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I took moviprep last week, which has given me abdominal cramps, nausea, chill and shivering. Its almost a week since I have taken moviprep, and today after eating my food I am still getting abdominal cramps, chills, shivers and nausea. I hope this is not a permanent damage!"

ST (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2018

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "In the midst of prep now. Finished the first half and have to get up at 4 am for the second. It works really well and I have to say I was very worried but it had been a pleasant surprise. Taste is not horrible, very tolerable and yes I am definitely getting cleaned out. No cramps or nausea. A little bloating but I would expect that from drinking this much of any liquid in such a short time. I have IBS and was worried I would have a lot of pain, but it’s been the opposite. I know others can have a different experience, but just wanted to share a positive one."

Jen (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "The taste was just orange and salty... The first 1 litre takes about an hour to work, it wasn't too bad..The 2nd 1 litre was awful and seems to work quicker."

louisre (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2018

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I've had several colonoscopies done. This was the first time I was given Golytely. This was much better tasting than whatever the other G-E doctor prescribed."

tonyp (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2018

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This was my third time prepping for a colonoscopy second time with golytly. I usually don’t mind the taste but this time they didn’t offer a flavor so I got the unflavored yuck! Started at 6pm immediately felt bloated drank till 8pm expecting to explode before my next dosing at 3 am. 2:30 I feel like it’s finally going to work it did. So I’m sitting in the bathroom with a 1/2 gallon of Satan’s nectar drinking it plain and chasing with Gatorade no straw. I got the best clean out I’ve ever had this time. Next time (I grow polyps so I’m an every 3 year preper ) I’ll ask for the flavored kind or add some crystal lite. All in all not a bad experience now it’s over."

Three time user (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 7, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Wow, all that worrying for nothing. The whole process was a piece of cake. I mean seriously, it was such a breeze. Like some have said the hardest part is being so hungry. Sure, MoviPrep doesn't taste good, but it's not that bad either. It's just very salty and lemony. Does that sound so scary? It's just 4 - 8 oz. cups per dose... Easy. Just suck on a hard candy right after and the aftertaste is gone. Really, nothing to it. I was finished drinking in 45 minutes and in the bathroom 15 minutes later. Just hung out for a half an hour or so with my tablet and that was mostly it. Maybe 2 or 3 more visits before I went to bed and I slept great! Didn't like getting up at 4 AM, but no big deal. 2 hours after starting the process I was back to my normal duties around the house... If my family didn't see me drinking the stuff they wouldn't have even known. The hospital visit was even easier and right after I left I directly out to eat and had a big steak and baked potato... and it was soooo good!"

Very Worried (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2018

NuLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Never, Never take this Nulytley. I took on 7/7/15 and nearly died for 6 months. My life has been forever changed. My intestines are chemically burned and permanent nerve damage from the Nulytley. I have spent my entire life savings on trying not to die from this poison. There is a warning on the FDA site, but they still sell it. Of course it is the only one medicare will pay for. This produce ruined my life. I go only to the doctor and my life is spent at home."

terri (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Horrible! The first 8 oz ok, 2nd. Ok. Got to the last 8 oz of the first liter and I want to vomit! I am not one to throw up but I am begging myself to keep it down. I am chilled. It's ok. Started at 5:45 and already watery stools at 7:26. I can not fathom having to drink the next liter. Why can't I just take pills??? Tried hard candy-no, tried chilled-no, straw not helping! Look I would rather be on a liquid diet for 3 days!"

LgmomOf3 (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "My times to take movi-prep were 6pm and 4am . I like many others premixed and chilled before use ,I also used a straw to help get passed tastebuds ...took as directed 1/4 every 15 minutes 6pm drink went well Approx 10 min after finishing I had to go to the bathroom and soon it came to a point I could not leave the restroom for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. I went to bed - should have put on a depends ...lol...lol..up several times durning the night. Had to wake up at 4 am for next dose ... Watery dirrahea started early Even before taking moviprep.. Still sitting on toilet and its been 2 and 1/2 hours ... Think I'll have a red target ring from sitting so long ..lol..lol.. Hoping to stop soon to get up and get ready for a fun filled day at the doctors . This stuff works ...worst part is having to stay on toilet for me"

Not fun but necessary February 23, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Okay... Taste: Not great. A bit like a syrupy/metallic taste. Just drink it very quickly and you’ll be okay. I drank mine within about 10 minutes. Makes you feel slightly nauseous drinking it that quickly, but it’s much better than messing around and drinking it slowly. Bowel movements started about 20 minutes after drinking. You basically just pass liquids. I probably went to the toilet 5 or 6 times during 1 and a half hours after finishing the drink. Didn’t need to run to the toilet, or sit in the bathroom for the duration. You can feel that you need to go and you can go at your leisure. The second dose seemed to work quicker, within probably 5 minutes of finishing the drink. Again, over a 1.5 hour spell I probably went around 6 times - passing liquids only. Use wet wipes, whack some cream on and you’ll be okay. You get sore towards the end but it has to be done."

Gahaoanw (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I am a 59 year old woman in Caribbean. First colonoscopy was 14 years ago and had to drink the 4 liters. Was not horrible. Used moviprep this time. It is not pleasant but not bad at all. I just chilled it in freezer almost consistency of a slushy. I was told to do 4 and 8 pm for a morning procedure. The first dose was fairly easy to get down, I chugged about 9 ounces very 20 minutes. Started to work in about 90 minutes. I also sucked on a peppermint right after dose and that helped a lot. Remember to drink the other required liquids during process. Took 2nd litre at 8pm which I divided into 3 drinks within an hour, just to get done. Worked well, was done being cleaned out by about 11 pm. No cramps, just some slight chills. Keep drinking ...tea and broth worked for me. It works, it's not terrible. Get it done."

Choirgirl (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "God awful taste way to sweet very hard to get down. The pills and Gatorade I did years ago was ten times easier. Lots of gas pain, chest discomfort, smell of bleach in nose, very uneasy, agitated, hard time sleeping etc.... hate this stuff plus directions from doctor where very poor. There has to be something easier for some patients."

Kracker55 (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Went for a colonoscopy yesterday ! After taking the moviprep day before , I took it exactly as stated, and I thought it tasted ok ,lemon. It cleared me out completely, I even took the dogs out later, but I drank it very quickly, had sedation for my op but the pain was bad, due to air been blown up, had banding done , no cramps or stomach ache, I definitely recommend sedation , and the bonus is my flat tummy now, gunna change my diet a bit now. I'm 71 "

Porx January 27, 2018