User Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

Also known as: Clenz-Lyte, Co-Lav, Colonic Lavage Solution, Colyte, GaviLyte-C, GaviLyte-G, GaviLyte-H, GaviLyte-N, Go-Evac, GoLYTELY, MoviPrep, NuLYTELY, PEG-3350 with Electolytes, Suclear, TriLyte …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes.

Constipation, Chronic
8.5

Bowel Preparation
6.9

Gastrointestinal Decontamination

Summary of Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes reviews 7.2 335 reviews

Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Okay... Taste: Not great. A bit like a syrupy/metallic taste. Just drink it very quickly and you’ll be okay. I drank mine within about 10 minutes. Makes you feel slightly nauseous drinking it that quickly, but it’s much better than messing around and drinking it slowly. Bowel movements started about 20 minutes after drinking. You basically just pass liquids. I probably went to the toilet 5 or 6 times during 1 and a half hours after finishing the drink. Didn’t need to run to the toilet, or sit in the bathroom for the duration. You can feel that you need to go and you can go at your leisure. The second dose seemed to work quicker, within probably 5 minutes of finishing the drink. Again, over a 1.5 hour spell I probably went around 6 times - passing liquids only. Use wet wipes, whack some cream on and you’ll be okay. You get sore towards the end but it has to be done."

Gahaoanw (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I am a 59 year old woman in Caribbean. First colonoscopy was 14 years ago and had to drink the 4 liters. Was not horrible. Used moviprep this time. It is not pleasant but not bad at all. I just chilled it in freezer almost consistency of a slushy. I was told to do 4 and 8 pm for a morning procedure. The first dose was fairly easy to get down, I chugged about 9 ounces very 20 minutes. Started to work in about 90 minutes. I also sucked on a peppermint right after dose and that helped a lot. Remember to drink the other required liquids during process. Took 2nd litre at 8pm which I divided into 3 drinks within an hour, just to get done. Worked well, was done being cleaned out by about 11 pm. No cramps, just some slight chills. Keep drinking ...tea and broth worked for me. It works, it's not terrible. Get it done."

Choirgirl (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "God awful taste way to sweet very hard to get down. The pills and Gatorade I did years ago was ten times easier. Lots of gas pain, chest discomfort, smell of bleach in nose, very uneasy, agitated, hard time sleeping etc.... hate this stuff plus directions from doctor where very poor. There has to be something easier for some patients."

Kracker55 (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Went for a colonoscopy yesterday ! After taking the moviprep day before , I took it exactly as stated, and I thought it tasted ok ,lemon. It cleared me out completely, I even took the dogs out later, but I drank it very quickly, had sedation for my op but the pain was bad, due to air been blown up, had banding done , no cramps or stomach ache, I definitely recommend sedation , and the bonus is my flat tummy now, gunna change my diet a bit now. I'm 71 "

Porx January 27, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Awful taste, had to make a conscious effort to keep it down. Worked a little two well, took first litre and within 1 hour was only passing liquid. When it came to the second litre it started working within 5 minutes, passed only liquid. Could not leave the throne for a good 2 hours with both litres, started bleeding from back passage after second litre due to the prolonged violent cleanings, very painful. Hope I never see any more of this stuff."

Jace (Nickname already in use) January 24, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "FAILED prep and colonoscopy could NOT be done. The night before, drank 1 L within an hour, it worked for a few hours. At 5:00 a.m. drink the second litre within an hour. It was still working at 8:30 a.m. Luckily no problem on the way to the clinic, but had to go to their restroom before checking in. I think this is cutting it too close. Anyway I thought I was finally clear, but they woke me from the colonoscopy to say the prep had not worked well at all. Lesson learned for me. If you have a sluggish system typically, ask for a different prep than this one."

WishYouGoodHealth January 19, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Needed to go after 30 minutes, probably been around 10-12 times in the 2 hours. Feel a little bloated but generally clean and empty (craving food already of course). So long as my girlfriend eats her perfect risotto in the other room then its okay :). People complaining about the taste, it tastes completely fine. Like an old fizzy drink, slightest (teeeniest) metallic taste but apart from that its just very sweet and syrupy. It could have been 5000x worse then it could be named 'disgusting'. Wish everyone a happy result and hope we all get stronger stomachs in the end! <3"

willloveshealth January 2, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Is any laxative really something to rave about? The current reviews had me worried about using this product, but it wasn't nearly as bad as what I read. It starting working 45 minutes after my first dose. I didn't have cramps and it was very gentle. By morning I was 'complete' and didn't have to worry about the drive to the hospital. Perhaps this varies person to person. The only thing I didn't like was it is SUPER SWEET! I felt like I was drinking syrup."

KatyGal (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2017

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "So my 1st experience with movicol as a patient. I’m a nurse and trust me when I say you are never experienced until it has happened to you. I have just drank my 1st litre. Texture was surprisingly ok but tastes worse then alka seltzer’s "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2017

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "One the day before the colonoscopy I woke up and took my high blood pressure pill with a sip of water. I ate 2 gelatin at 3pm and drank a glass of Welch's white grape juice. I mixed the GaviLyte Solution the day before so it could get nice and chilled. At 5pm I drank the 1st 8 oz every 10 minutes for the next 3 hours until consumed. To my surprise it went smoothly. I didn't experience any nausea or vomiting but I felt a bit lightheaded at first. The trips to the bathroom came after about 45 minutes and I was able to catch a few zzzz's later in the night w/o too much interruptions. (I had a colonoscopy last year and found some precancerous polyps so I'm going back for another checkup today). GaviLyte G with lemon pack is the best!!! "

Pleased as a peacock (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2017

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Seems like theres a lot of precious people on here crying about the taste. Well this is how I got around that issue - mixed it in a pint glass of cold water, necked the glass in sub 5 seconds, mixed the second one, same again. No messing just get it drank."

PsychoKillerMurderGeneral December 19, 2017

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Constipation, Chronic: "This is the hair that bit the dog in the ass! I end up with three procedures three different preps within two weeks time! Now because of the back to back procedures with these preps I have chronic constipation I can no longer go to the bathroom on my own so I have to take golytely again! It's created a vicious cycle and I think it's ruining my GI tract my large intestines can't produce feces on their own anymore I don't even get it dropped down into the rectum! On top of that that he keep giving me barium experimenting knowing that that's making it worse exacerbating what's going on already! Three different gastroenterologist and they're killing me! Golightly has ruined my life! I can't eat a thing without getting plugged up!"

Tova (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2017

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This stuff is great! It wasn't so much the taste that was bad, more the salty consistency! I drank mine with a straw over 7 hours and that seemed to do the trick! I started pooping after exactly an hour and didn't stop until 11pm (I started at 2pm) I was nice and cleared out and they said I had a "good colonoscopy" the only problem I have now is that it's the next day and food is going straight through me still mixed with BRIGHT yellow bile and it's so painful! This stuff has more or less left me incontinent the day after! Just hoping the diarrhea stops soon because 2 days of pooping out pure watery movements is more than enough for me!"

Sophiepie9319 December 6, 2017

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I had this for the first time on the 26/11/17 what can I say - the amount you have to drink in the time scale is a lot. I chilled it and used a straw to manage the first liter no problem, a bit gagging, is not so much the taste but the consistency of it. The 2nd lot: well I manage 1 glass then the next glass I vomited it up. I started at 5pm and was still pooping at 6am (I got up at 2am 5am and 6am was only the one movement each time) I went for colonoscopy I hoped I had prep enough and I had thank goodness. I had no cramps or bloating with it."

Samdougie (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2017

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I had read a lot of negative reviews about Moviprep and was terrified of the stuff. In reality it was straight-forward to use, fairly palatable (better than soluble aspirin) and the results were not as unpleasant as my chronic IBS symptoms. I recommend mixing the solution with a cordial (ginger worked well) and drinking through a straw. Do not take large mouthfuls of it. The first dose might take between 3-4 hours to take effect. Don't worry - it will! Just make sure you take the sedation for your procedure. I did not and it was incredibly painful. Curiously, for a few weeks after the Moviprep and colonoscopy I experienced no IBS symptoms - it has been 6 weeks now and they've returned, unfortunately."

trn (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2017

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Started to take it 7.10 finished 9.10 bowel opened 9.00 and lasted 2 hour off and on. Good clearout , but have to do it again tomorrow 6am for colonoscopy in afternoon."

Wrayjo November 8, 2017

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Prepping for a colonoscopy... Mixed powders with 1/4 of water recommended so as to dissolve, refrigerated then added orange gaterade. Used hard peppermint candy after each quarter hour dose. First movement was within an hour of the end of the first dose. Began at 4pm, with 2nd doses beginning at 9:30pm Effective colon cleansing but side effects were terrible. Massive migraine even though I took a preventative triptan, insomnia, diarrhea several times during the night and next morning and nausea. I will never use this product again!"

Migraine Issues November 5, 2017

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Took Moviprep and 5 hours later nothing has happened. Ready to go to bed. Have to take again at 6am"

Bshi November 2, 2017

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I found this better than any prep I have had before. Ok so it was 20 years ago. A lot has changed. I have only had my first prep had it a 6.pm. I mixed in lukewarm filtered water at 4pm and let it sit in the fridge to chill. Well started working within 20 minutes. I found the taste fine and was pretty much determined to drink within 30 mins and drank the recommended water in between. Probably sat on the toilet 10 times within 2 hours. Slight cramping before it kicked in. A little concerned with the colour. However, feel confident the 2nd prep at 7am tomorrow will help with that. I was mindful of my eating for the last 3 days and followed their recommendations. Which are food groups I generally never eat. Wish you good results!"

Lmb71 October 29, 2017

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I have to thank those who recommended chilling the preparation before drinking - much easier to get down. My experience was straight forward. It took about 1.5 hours after finishing the first preparation before I passed loose stools. Started drinking it at 6pm having taken two senna at 4pm. My doctor said I would get a good night's sleep .... he was wrong! Got up every 1.5 hours and as the effect was wearing off, I started the second preparation at 7am. This acted much faster and I started passing what by then was liquid during the 1.5 hours it took to drink it. Not unpleasant feeling, not much griping. Stopped going about 10.30am. Some mild griping going on just before procedure which they said was normal."

astondriver (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2017

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This is a revolting substance. Managed to down a litre in an hour and a half (started at 5pm is now 7.40pm) been on the loo since about 6.45pm it is certainly working. However I am DREADING taking the next litre at 8pm and wondering how I will make it downstairs to actually retrieve the solution! I threw up the last glass full I took. Surely there is a better way than this?!!! ☹️"

Samo109 October 16, 2017

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "After having two other colonoscopies I suggest to drink this without any flavoring, it taste much better that way. Adding the flavor only seems to intensify the salty taste I divided the drink up in the 4 quart containers and drank 1 at a time much easier to do. Drink it through a straw. You have less chance of becoming nauseous . I coated my rump as as suggested by others who had the prep. It really helped. P.S. Thank you to all the people who offered suggestions it really helped. I also drank the prep at room temperature and chilled. The only difference was at room temperature it was a little bit more salty. If you’ve ever mixed baking soda and water for heartburn that’s what this prep reminded me of but, actually tasted better. It was not horrible. At the end I replenished with Gatorade. I also had 3 more clear BM’s the next day which was the morning of my procedure. So you might want to wear a protective pad or something like the depends or take an extra pair of clothes in case you can’t get to the bathroom fast enough."

Nemo57 (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2017

GaviLyte-N (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "It takes extraordinary willpower to consume each dose every 10-15 minutes for 3 hours and then again the next mourning. If you enjoy vomiting and self torture this product may be for you."

average joe (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2017

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Constipation, Chronic: "I can't imagine how it must taste plain. The way I prepared it was not bad at ALL. I made homemade lemonade, LOTS of lemon juice and some sugar. Probably not super healthy, but it's all comin' out anyways! All you need is 1&3/4 cups white sugar, 6 cups of WARM water, and 1&1/2 cups lemon juice for each batch. The water *HAS* to be warm, or the laxative won't dissolve right, and it will be a nasty texture like many other people have complained of. Give it a taste test before you add it to the jug. The more lemon-y it is, the less you'll taste the saltiness of the meds. Lemon >sugar taste I promise! Hope this helps someone :) Chase it with a bit of water, and the only aftertaste will be a light lemon flavor!"

lemonadehead (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2017

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Was reading the other comments. Maybe our taste buds vary greatly. MoviPrep tastes like Lemon Sorbet - intense lemon flavor, heavily sweetened - to mask the taste of whatever Moviprep taste like.. But I didn't find the taste objectionable. Just like a very intense sorbet. It worked quickly - came out in 4 sittings over a half hour. I used it for all 3 of my colonoscopy and plan on using it for my 4th and final."

KyleGo October 11, 2017