User Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

Also known as: Clenz-Lyte, Co-Lav, Colonic Lavage Solution, Colyte, GaviLyte-C, GaviLyte-G, GaviLyte-H, GaviLyte-N, Go-Evac, GoLYTELY, MoviPrep, NuLYTELY, PEG-3350 with Electolytes, Suclear, TriLyte …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes.

Constipation, Chronic
8.8

Bowel Preparation

Gastrointestinal Decontamination

Summary of Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes reviews 7.3 319 reviews

Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Started to take it 7.10 finished 9.10 bowel opened 9.00 and lasted 2 hour off and on. Good clearout , but have to do it again tomorrow 6am for colonoscopy in afternoon."

Wrayjo November 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Prepping for a colonoscopy... Mixed powders with 1/4 of water recommended so as to dissolve, refrigerated then added orange gaterade. Used hard peppermint candy after each quarter hour dose. First movement was within an hour of the end of the first dose. Began at 4pm, with 2nd doses beginning at 9:30pm Effective colon cleansing but side effects were terrible. Massive migraine even though I took a preventative triptan, insomnia, diarrhea several times during the night and next morning and nausea. I will never use this product again!"

Migraine Issues November 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I found this better than any prep I have had before. Ok so it was 20 years ago. A lot has changed. I have only had my first prep had it a 6.pm. I mixed in lukewarm filtered water at 4pm and let it sit in the fridge to chill. Well started working within 20 minutes. I found the taste fine and was pretty much determined to drink within 30 mins and drank the recommended water in between. Probably sat on the toilet 10 times within 2 hours. Slight cramping before it kicked in. A little concerned with the colour. However, feel confident the 2nd prep at 7am tomorrow will help with that. I was mindful of my eating for the last 3 days and followed their recommendations. Which are food groups I generally never eat. Wish you good results!"

Lmb71 October 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I have to thank those who recommended chilling the preparation before drinking - much easier to get down. My experience was straight forward. It took about 1.5 hours after finishing the first preparation before I passed loose stools. Started drinking it at 6pm having taken two senna at 4pm. My doctor said I would get a good night's sleep .... he was wrong! Got up every 1.5 hours and as the effect was wearing off, I started the second preparation at 7am. This acted much faster and I started passing what by then was liquid during the 1.5 hours it took to drink it. Not unpleasant feeling, not much griping. Stopped going about 10.30am. Some mild griping going on just before procedure which they said was normal."

astondriver (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This is a revolting substance. Managed to down a litre in an hour and a half (started at 5pm is now 7.40pm) been on the loo since about 6.45pm it is certainly working. However I am DREADING taking the next litre at 8pm and wondering how I will make it downstairs to actually retrieve the solution! I threw up the last glass full I took. Surely there is a better way than this?!!! ☹️"

Samo109 October 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "After having two other colonoscopies I suggest to drink this without any flavoring, it taste much better that way. Adding the flavor only seems to intensify the salty taste I divided the drink up in the 4 quart containers and drank 1 at a time much easier to do. Drink it through a straw. You have less chance of becoming nauseous . I coated my rump as as suggested by others who had the prep. It really helped. P.S. Thank you to all the people who offered suggestions it really helped. I also drank the prep at room temperature and chilled. The only difference was at room temperature it was a little bit more salty. If you’ve ever mixed baking soda and water for heartburn that’s what this prep reminded me of but, actually tasted better. It was not horrible. At the end I replenished with Gatorade. I also had 3 more clear BM’s the next day which was the morning of my procedure. So you might want to wear a protective pad or something like the depends or take an extra pair of clothes in case you can’t get to the bathroom fast enough."

Nemo57 (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

GaviLyte-N (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "It takes extraordinary willpower to consume each dose every 10-15 minutes for 3 hours and then again the next mourning. If you enjoy vomiting and self torture this product may be for you."

average joe (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Constipation, Chronic: "I can't imagine how it must taste plain. The way I prepared it was not bad at ALL. I made homemade lemonade, LOTS of lemon juice and some sugar. Probably not super healthy, but it's all comin' out anyways! All you need is 1&3/4 cups white sugar, 6 cups of WARM water, and 1&1/2 cups lemon juice for each batch. The water *HAS* to be warm, or the laxative won't dissolve right, and it will be a nasty texture like many other people have complained of. Give it a taste test before you add it to the jug. The more lemon-y it is, the less you'll taste the saltiness of the meds. Lemon >sugar taste I promise! Hope this helps someone :) Chase it with a bit of water, and the only aftertaste will be a light lemon flavor!"

lemonadehead (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Was reading the other comments. Maybe our taste buds vary greatly. MoviPrep tastes like Lemon Sorbet - intense lemon flavor, heavily sweetened - to mask the taste of whatever Moviprep taste like.. But I didn't find the taste objectionable. Just like a very intense sorbet. It worked quickly - came out in 4 sittings over a half hour. I used it for all 3 of my colonoscopy and plan on using it for my 4th and final."

KyleGo October 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I'm 28 in the UK I'm pretty sure I had the orange version of this prep before and it was a breeze, but taking the plain version for a colonoscopy tomorrow, I'm in a panic. It's been 5 hours and I still haven't finished the 1st litre because I can't keep it down if I drink it any faster. Even after trying to mask the taste by drinking other drinks. What I have had so far also hasn't worked except for some passing wind and abdominal pain. Some dehydration, too. I've drunk a lot more than the recommended 500ml of extra fluids. I'm also concerned that I shouldn't have been given it due to me being referred for heavy bleeding and pain after bowel movements. I had a movement earlier and bled considerably. The prospect of passing out the rest is frightening."

JaiJaiJay September 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Wretched experience never want to do, this procedure again or take this horrid medicine anybody that says this is ok is lying"

Slaf (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I was absolutely dreading taking this. I have a huge fear of having to take any pills, or medicines which is why I won't be having the sedation tomorrow for the colonoscopy - wish me luck. Anyhow I braved it and started taking the first litre at 630. Nothing happened until 8 and I thought it wasn't going to work but now seems to have started :/ Similar experience to others but no cramps thankfully - I'm just going to take the last half glass - its now 8:15. Its fine. I paced it - drank a glass straight down about every 20 minutes and had a full glass of water in between. If I'm not up all night pooping I'll be up all night peeing! It's not bad and you can't taste it if you drink the glass quickly - good luck moviprepers"

willow12 September 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I found the easiest way to take this medication and I wish I figured it out sooner. Freeze the solution until it's a slushy, add crystal light flavoring and eat with a spoon. I went from a glass with ice and iced tea mix with a straw and it took me over 4 hours to drink 8oz to downing 8oz in 20 minutes as a slushy. I found it best to not get anything lemon flavored because you will become sick of that flavor quickly because the solution is a strong lemon flavor. The evacuation was not pleasant but not terrible. I spent short frequent moments on the toilet. The dr says you can actually take as long as you want to drink it, as long as you finish the solution before x amount of time before procedure. drink lots of Gatorade day of."

A.p (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Mixed with chilled lemon (clear) Gatorade in the gallon jug provided by pharmacist. Dosed as told 8 x 8oz glasses ever 15 minutes twice; once early afternoon and once early evening as my colonoscopy is early morning. Total sixxteen 8oz glasses consumed. Would have rated the product a 10 if not for some minor taste/texture issues. It worked for me in 1 hour on both cycles. Last movements 3 hours after dosing produced clear results. I'm ready, hungry and heading to sleep. Drinking some additional water all day to offset possible dehydration not addressed with Gatorade."

NeilTHEM September 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Took a liter at 6, started going at at 6:45...mixed with Apple juice, and it wasn't too bad. Had it cold, mixed it warm, (cold tap water, ran through filter). It is 8 now and I've had 3 movements...WOW...its like the space shuttle taking off..!! I feel like I'm almost done."

Anonymous September 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This is my 2nd colonoscopy in 3 years. The first prep I used made me feel very ill, so I was looking forward to trying movi prep. It took 2 hours from the completion of drinking it, for it to cause any motion. It gave me slight gurgling and cramping, but nothing like when you have stomach virus. I took the 2nd part of it at 2:30 am and it caused me to have motion almost immediately. I was worried that I wouldn't make it to the appointment without having to stop at a bathroom on the way, but I didn't. I was also worried because I never got to the point of clear stools. I told my doctor this when I arrived for the appt. The doctor ended up telling me that she saw everything fine."

Sister Teresa (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Y'all, this stuff is terrible!!! However, I found a way to take it all down without any problems. Have one glass of your gavilyte, and then a separate glass of chicken broth. You can make your chicken broth from chicken bullion. Anyways, breathe deep and drink an 4oz glass all the way without breathing. And then take a big sip of the chicken broth without breathing. I know that this sounds weird, but it works. The only time you'll the nasty is the first sip you take of it. Then the chicken broth will cover it all up bc it's so strong. Hope this helps y'all like it did me!!"

Nellie17 August 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Omg just had my first lot of Moviprep and I feel so sick Nothing yet only gurgling stomach It does say it takes an hour to work Will take 2nd dose tonight "

Anonymous August 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Just finished my seventh 8 ounce glass and threw up a lot. My gag reflex is so bad now, I can't drink the eighth glass. I need to finish the other half of the solution 6 hours prior to my colonoscopy. I'm crying. This stuff is horrible and disgusting. I gagged on the fourth, fifth, and sixth glasses too. I'm dreading the second half of the container. Nothing helps. I've had a colonoscopy before, and the prep wasn't this horrible. Do not let your doctor prescribe this."

CryingSick (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This continues my previous review, why I gave it a 7 when I'd have given it a 1 last night... I have constipation, and it still worked. I had a previous prep that didn't quite do the job even after 2 self administered enemas before going in. Saying that, I was in serious discomfort after the first Liter... my abdomen was huge and hard and hurt and I didn't go to the bathroom for almost 3 hours. So for all you constipated ones, hope you read beforehand... I'd get things moving before this prep and eat what you know will move easier out the other end for a few days beforehand."

super yummy (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "26-uk-So the reason I gave 5 is cause I'm currently taking the 1st L. Disgusting, since 7pm I haven't managed to finish the last 4 glasses as I would just wanna throw up and I really need this medicine to work as I have got a colonoscopy tomorrow. Two months ago I was hospitalized for diverticulitis, so now I really need to get passed this examination, until 9pm I managed to drink almost everything, but didn't have any movement, I thought the solution wouldn't work. Then at 10pm when it hit me ! Still didn't finish to go toilet and like the others said its literally like peeing out of your bum. No unbearable cramps though."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Monday I drank this and it works fine. Love it. Tastes good"

Lovermon August 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

GaviLyte-N (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I experienced a 6 pound weight in two days of fasting while taking this prep. It contains too much sodium for me. Today is one day after my colonoscopy and my stomach is still very distended, hard and I am severely constipated."

Humble pie (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "The worst bowel prep I've ever used. I found the solution easier to handle by refrigerating it before drinking. I don't know how anyone could drink it warm. I can't drink large amounts of anything at once so needed to take small sips. EVERY swallow made me want to gag. I am physically unable to vomit, but oh I wished I could. I was nauseated the entire 6 hours of prep. I spent most of the 6 hours (I took part 1 from 6 to 7 PM and part 2 started at 10 PM, finally exiting the bathroom after midnight) in the restroom and thought I'd done well cleaning out my system. Much to my surprise the next morning, I still had dark runny stool. Worse, the DOCTOR reported BAD PREP RESULT with stool remaining so he was NOT ABLE TO SEE WELL. REPEAT"

gailbobk (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Appalling stuff. I had to have this a couple of years ago, had a violent reaction to it and had to be admitted to hospital. I need a CT scan for adhesions, but I'd rather live with the pain than take Moviprep again."

Pollie (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017