User Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes systemic

Also known as: Clenz-Lyte, Co-Lav, Colonic Lavage Solution, Colyte, GaviLyte-C, GaviLyte-G, GaviLyte-H, GaviLyte-N, Go-Evac, GoLYTELY, MoviPrep, NuLYTELY, PEG-3350 with Electolytes, Plenvu, Suclear, TriLyte …show all brand names

Constipation, Chronic
8.5

Bowel Preparation
6.9

Gastrointestinal Decontamination

Summary of Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes reviews 7.0 390 reviews

Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Totally a breeze, started at 4 with the first liter of fluid, finished the second liter at 6:30. Added Crystal Lite to the mix and the taste wasn't all that bad. Discharge very watery and clear after the first bottle, but did the second anyway to be sure. Also drank Gatorade and Chicken Soup broth when finished with each bottle. Started the the day with a liquid diet, black coffee and a chicken in a pot to make the broth. The whole experience was much less than all the bad reviews report."

Jimmy Crack Corn (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "WARNING - Do Not Go More Than 20ft From a TOILET!!! Wooooooo, took a while to get going, didn’t think it worked but my goodness when it comes, it comes!!!! Like a jet wash!!!! Would definitely do it again!!!"

Al (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "30 year old female first time ever taking any kind of laxative. So I was really scared about this. Terrified. I read endless reviews of people who had a horrible time. Save your worry! I didn't start to feel anything until my third glass and I couldn't finish my fourth because by the time I had stopped going back and forth it probably wasn't worth drinking anyway. The leaflet says to drink 500ml with the prep and I drank a litre making it 2 L in total with my first dose. I've been recommended to do a split dose and I have a sickness pill for the morning just in case it upsets my stomach but I doubt very much it's going to. It feels like being too full of beer. You belch and it's gone though so it's okay! The taste isn't amazing but it's not awful. It tastes like a really horrible flavour of Lucozade Sport with too much flavouring in. It's kind of really salty and super sweet at the same time. If you're worried about being sick ask for some antiemetics from your GP."

N30F (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2018

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Prep for my first colonoscopy. Mixed as directed with luke warm water and started drinking. Taste got better after a while in the fridge. I was not looking forward to this based on everything I had heard. Started working about 1 1/2hours after I started drinking. Honestly not that bad. Taste like a thick Gatorade (I added the lemon pack it came with) I mean of course having diarrhea over night is not fun but I was expecting a horrible experience. Just start off with a good mind set at get it done! Good luck to all!"

Rotor-Rooter October 23, 2018

For Bowel Preparation: "If your flavored drink is sickening sweet it makes you want to throw-up and slows down how fast you can get the powder down. Gatorade is really sweet and thick. I used a peach and white cranberry juice 64 fl ounce (that was also way too thick and sweet). Mixing the powder with 1/3 fruit juice 2/3 water made it easy to drink. Gatorade watered way down would have worked as well."

Sue October 14, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Ok folks this is really not a problem. Seriously. I absolutely dreaded it but it I would do it again tomorrow if I had to. It does taste like very salty Gatorade and drinking a whole liter in an hour wasn't easy, but it wasn't horrible. The "emptying" came on about 20 minutes in and lasted just shy of 2 hours. It was rather urgent, but completely manageable. Same for the next day's treatment. Let's just say it's a good idea to stay close to the bathroom. I drank a bit more water afterwards on the second day and I think it worked even better, so drink your chaser water! Nothing to fear here, move along."

dandaman68 (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Moviprep was absolutely vile! However was able to get the litre and a half down without throwing up. Try put fruit juice such as orange and put it in the fridge once made up. Moviprep was not as bad as I thought I began going to the toilet after 45 minutes of drinking this. I had no pain at all and used wipes and Vaseline to avoid getting sore. Although the drink was the worst thing I have ever tasted, it isn’t as bad as everyone says for the overall experience. This is my first time using moviprep and I was able to keep most of it down and did not feel unwell throughout this process."

LF (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I had a colonoscopy yesterday and was so afraid. I was very anxious over taking moviprep as I had read all the horror stories. It was nowhere near as bad as expected. Sure the taste is vile but I used a straw, drank it chilled and paced myself and followed each mouthful with apple juice. The bowel prep was effective and despite horror stories , found that the loose stools were urgent and frequent but not uncontrollable. I stayed near the bathroom and read a lot or watched tv. Colonoscopy and prep although not pleasant, not quite the ordeal I expected"

Jelly (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This stuff isn’t bad. Mixed it a lemon twist and pounded a glass every 15 minutes. Worked great."

Bender (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2018

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "BE PREPARED!! It can hit like a tsunami! Try to be as close to the bathroom while waiting, put a thick towel down wherever you plan to be sitting, leave the bathroom door open and the light on, have soft TP available or wet wipes and if possible apply a protective barrier cream to your butt before it all starts. Remember when Mother Nature calls, don't ignore the warning signs and get to the bathroom. I started the 2nd dose several hours earlier to make sure it was done with me. Don't expect to get much sleep the night before the colonoscopy. I found the colonoscopy itself much easier than the prep."

ROB60433 (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Hi. I wish I had read the reviews before taking MoviPrep. Firstly the taste is vile. I don't know how in this day a medication can be so bad. Much respect to those who have posted they drunk it in 10 minutes! It took me 2 hours and even then I had to stop myself gagging and throwing up. My best advice is wet wipes (much softer than loo roll) and my trick in the end was gargling a strong mouthwash until my mouth was numb and drinking as much as I can - and repeat. Good luck. The second dose was just as bad. I need to man up I know! But although very effective - vile vile vile...."

Matt K September 18, 2018

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "THE GOOD: It works well... THE BAD: Too well.... THE UGLY: Tastes awful, lemon or not. It's like a salty/chicken/soap/cattle stable smell flavor. Hard to drink that much. (Hard to drink that much of anything, much less this gross stuff) I chased it with ginger-ale shots. By glass 3 you will be getting rid of as much as you drink. It's miserable.. Not going to lie. 4 liters worth total so its actually MORE than a gallon. Took me 5+ hours... The first glass and the last glass are the hardest. Causes hemorrhoid flare-ups and extreme chafing rash. Not pleasant... But my doctor said it is the best cleanse you can do. Hence the "7" rating.. Very effective, but not pleasant."

SLICE44 (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Started drinking the first litre of Moviprep at 7 pm. Finished at 8 and it's now 10 o'clock and it's working (and how). The taste was OK, not great but quite easy to drink (a small glass every 15 mins or so). As for cost, I'm in the UK so it was provided free when I made the appointment for the colonoscopy"

Egmond (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2018

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Ok, it does taste awful. This is what helped... First, hold your nose while you are drinking it. Also, breathe through your mouth. Second, have some sprite or other drink ready to chase it. Third, have something in which to vomit, because you may vomit. Fourth, be near a toilet. Fifth, have some really soft toilet paper ready. A lot of toilet paper. Overall, it wasn’t the worst thing I have had to do, but it is in definitely on the list. I did feel extremely nauseous after and weak. My entire digestive track felt like it was on fire and my anus was very sore."

Jannie (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I had to cancel the scheduled colonoscopy because I could not leave the toilet. It’s nearly 24 hours since I started the first dose and the diarrhoea is still going strong"

Gj (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "If I had known this was invented several years back I would’ve gone for my colonoscopy in a second. Instead I put it off too long . The pharmacist told me about movi- prep . I had to pay $75 as it was not covered on my insurance . Insurance try to force you to buy what they want you to buy in this case : GoLytely. Please, that is so last century. Buy yourself a bag of milkshake straws which are fatter than ordinary straws. Most grocery stores have them . I filled a Pyrex glass jug with the prepared solution, and in just 2-3 hours was finished. I had the best experience ever as I did not have to keep drinking and drinking which was the old way. If you’re hesitating getting your colonoscopy make sure you buy this and follow the instructions ."

NanaM (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Moviprep is the worst thing I ever tasted in my entire life. I’d rather have a litre of apple cider vinegar! What’s the point to make a medication so awful that the patients can’t hold it down! Completely pointless!"

The one August 30, 2018

GaviLyte-N (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "1) I prepared an 8 ounce glasses & put in the freezer just for a while so it was so cold & took away some of the taste. 2) Took Valium before I began to help with anxiety & possible cramping . 3) Did about 2-4 gulps at a time and sucked on a MINT to get rid of the taste before taking more sips. Liked the idea of clear chicken broth soup. 4) Sometimes I couldn’t finish 8oz. at once so if I thought it was going to heave, I just stopped at 6oz. 5) Did end up having to wait 30 minutes before starting new glasses. Go slowly. 6) Next time would consider taking a Zofran (anti-nausea) as someone suggested. 7) Would consider adding 2 flavored packets instead of 1 next time to better disguise the taste. (Will sprinkle some in the 1st glass for a test) My Dr. also said I said I could started way earlier than I did so next time I would start way earlier. Was offered to finish the next half the second day but the thought of drinking more in the morning was nauseating to me."

Tips4us August 29, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Absolutely the worst stuff I have ever tasted. It would be better if it was plain, not lemon flavor. Unfortunately I have just taken the first does and vomited up at least 8 ounces of it. May not make the procedure because I am not sure I can take the second dose. Pure torture."

JBrew (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I added a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice in each glass....I used moviprep in blue box...not bad smell and taste. Better then any meds I had before. I'm just an hour after 1st dose and in few hours I'll have 2nd. So far so good and for change it works already. Previously one preps that I tried didn't do a proper job. To be cont."

Pege (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2018

For Bowel Preparation: "Booked colonoscopy for next day. Mixed in the water and refrigerators for 2 hours. Starting drinking slower at first but after two glasses was able to tolerate the flavor better. Gagged a number of times. But made it through. Sat in a warm bath drinking. This wasn’t my first time using this type of product I usually respond well. First bowel movement was 59 min from first drink and was clear liquid steady stream for about 10 min. Been fighting abdominal pain for six weeks was treated for diverticulitis with nearly a month of antibiotics but pain has persisted. Was concerned about this causing more. No increase in pain. In fact other than volume no real difference than my bowels of late. I have been on mostly clear for a month so there really isn’t too much to clear out. But irritated bottom have I suggest maybe some tucks pads, baby wipes and some sort of ointment handy."

Mikey33 August 28, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I did not think it tasted that bad and had no problems after drinking it. I took my 1st dose at 3PM (2 hours before My Dr.'s recommendation) and I'm glad I did because I still had a bowel movement as late as 11:30PM. My bowel movements became clear and yellowish after just a few times. I debated even taking the 2nd dose, but I did so at midnight instead of 5AM from what I learned of the 1st dose that it took a long time to eliminate it from my GI tract. Also, I drank 2/3 of the 2nd dose within 5 minutes and threw out the rest. I didn't want to have a bowel movement during the examination. While changing into a hospital gown in the bathroom at the hospital just after 9AM I had a small bowel movement. (By the way, tie the gown before you put it on - it is much easier than doing it when you have it on. I finally figured this out on my own. How come no nurse ever told me this?). Here's what my Dr. wrote about the prep: "The quality of the preparation was good. The views were good.""

SoCalGuy August 18, 2018

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Was prescribed the half-dosing method. Drank the 1st half in 1.5 hrs and it's been 4 hours and nothing. Stomach pain, headache, nausea and sporadic chest pains. Drinking lots of water thinking it will help but it is just making me more uncomfortable. Dread drinking the 2nd half tomorrow and hope I don't have to reschedule. It's not been a good experience."

Bean (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 15, 2018

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Absolutely disgusting taste "

Steph (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

For Bowel Preparation: "Horrible!!! I have a colonoscopy booked for tomorrow at 8 am. I picked up the medicine from walgreens and they gave me the galon with the powder inside but they never gave me a lemon flavor or something to add it. Well I had to drink a 8 oz every 10 min until finish all the 4 liters. Really nasty and tasted horrible!! I don't know why the doctors gave us this horrible medication. I don't recommend it. Try to ask for another medicine or alternative that taste better but still works"

Roma (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...