User Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

Also known as: GoLYTELY, Plenvu, MoviPrep, NuLYTELY, Colyte, PEG-3350 with Electolytes, TriLyte, GaviLyte-G, GaviLyte-C, GaviLyte-N, Colonic Lavage Solution, Clenz-Lyte, Co-Lav, GaviLyte-H, Go-Evac

Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes has an average rating of 6.2 out of 10 from a total of 761 ratings on Drugs.com. 50% of those users who reviewed Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes reported a positive effect, while 31% reported a negative effect.

Bowel Preparation
6.2
Constipation, Chronic
Gastrointestinal Decontamination
5.8
Summary of Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes reviews 6.2 761 reviews

Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

AnnaD123 May 31, 2021

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: “Drinking my 2nd dose now of Moviprep. First one was ok, started at 6pm, from 7pm - 8pm bowel movements, mainly dirty water. At 9.30pm again one visit in the toilet. Then I slept, with a lot of rumbling in my stomach. In the morning one small watery-dirty movement. Now drinking it again. It's the second time I have colonoscopy with moviprep. My experience says: 1). Don't drink it cold. It may taste better, but I get more cramps and pain when it's cold. I drink it luke-warm and chase every sip with luke warm green tea. Before each sip, I put a slice of lemon on my tongue, and a slice of ginger. 2). Use water to wash your butt, not toilet paper or wet wipes. Wiping makes my butt hurt very much. Wet wipes - don't work for me, it still irritates, maybe even more, cuz wipes give me allergic reaction. So, I wash it with water each time, and when clean, I put a lot of vaseline. My first colonoscopy went fine, I was well prepared. I hope today will be the same.”

ladyluck0246 · Taken for less than 1 month May 21, 2021

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: “This is the worst experience I have ever had with any kind of medication in my life. Started yesterday at 5pm. mixed with cold water and used a straw to drink. This stuff is extremely salty and over flavored with artificial fruit flavoring. It is very intense and there will be an awful salty after taste. I instantly felt sick to my stomach. I tried to remain calm and relaxed and sat still. Drank plenty of clear liquid behind it. About 45 mins after I completed the first does I went to the bathroom for first BM. During that time of having my BM, I became very hot and sweaty. I started feeling awful. I knew I was about to get sick. I wound up throwing up at least half of what I had drank. Got up at 1:00am to start the second dose. Decided to drink this one even slower to see if that would help me from getting sick again. Took about 45 mins to drink it all this time. Taste is so horrible. Just awful. I made it thru and instantly started feeling very full and very sick.”

kt050198 · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2021

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: “I took my first litre of moviprep at around 8pm tonight and it took me almost two hours to get around 80% of it down. I keep gagging and feeling nauseous. The extremely salty taste hits you first followed by an awful sickly artificial lemon flavour. I’ve been chasing each sip with water to wash it away. First bowel movement came at around 10pm, I’ve gone to to toilet twice since then and probably been sat there for about 10 minutes each time so it’s not been horrendous. I just hope I can get some sleep. My colonoscopy is at 5pm tomorrow so I have to wake up at 6am and take the second litre.”

Momof2 July 21, 2020

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: “I was freaked out after reading all the negative reviews. I have anxiety about taking medication and I knew this wasn’t going to be pleasant. But it really wasn’t that bad. With Plenvu I had no side effects other than the wanted diarrhea. No pain. No anxiety. No dizziness. No vomiting. It doesn’t taste great but it’s not horrible either. It started working an hour after I finished the prep.”

Cynlyn2010 June 11, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: “Want to lose 13lbs in 2 days along with all your electrolytes, every single drop of water in your body, and your general will to live? If so try new Plenvu bowel prep, where are motto is "if you didn't have hemorrhoids before, you do now! Dose 1 comes in our great new mango, burned car tire, toilet bowl cleaner sludge flavor! Take it before bed to ensure you get zero sleep and wake up hating everyone and everything. If you survive the night you get rewarded with another dose at 4 a.m. This one comes in the only slightly less repulsive flavor of fruitpunch, saltwater, and enough Aspertame to give cancer to an entire 3rd world country! Side effects include pooping your brains out for days before, during and after your procedure, anal bleeding, severe muscle cramps, joint pain, headache, severe dehydration, and hoping you poop on the doctor who made you wait an hour and a half after your appointment time to begin your colonoscopy.”

Luna · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2021

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: “Ok I hate this stuff it gives me nightmares it's absolutely vile and impossible to finish. The only way I can get it down is chilled through a straw it's like a military operation I have a glass I pour it into then I have mouthwash for straight after each drink to get rid of taste and I try to get it all down in half an hour that's between gagging and eventually throwing up. I think in this day and age someone somewhere could come up with something that doesn't taste so disgusting. It triggers nausea and migraines. Anyone who drinks this deserves a medal.”

Alcino · Taken for less than 1 month November 7, 2019

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: “Read a number of these reviews beforehand - very intrigued when I finally got round to taking the first 1 litre prep. It didn't taste too bad - chilled it and sucked on a lime wedge before; but nevertheless, it wasn't as bad as some people have made out. Sweet and salty but got the 1 litre down in around 45 mins. Movements started just before the hour mark; about 40 or so minutes of regular 'wee poo' then intermittent trips back for another hour or so. Really - no big deal. Morning prep went down just as easy and as everything was already clear after the first prep (you're looking for yellow liquid), the toilet got less action. Vaseline and wet wipes are a good idea. Remember to hydrate - I matched both rounds with 1 litre of diluted juice and it was all fine. Unless I royally shite myself on the way to the appointment, I'd say it's been a relatively decent experience. Best of luck with your respective evacuations.”

Michelle145 January 30, 2021

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: “Started prep at 6:00pm night before procedure. Added ice and sipped it through straw. I had ginger ale for in between as needed. It's salty/sweet but not so bad you can't handle it. Drank water and some clear grape juice later on. I had no issues. A few stomach cramps as things started moving. It took about 2 hours for it to start working but was in bed by 10pm and slept great the whole night. Next morning, step 2 of prep. Started 6:00am with water. Things really started to move and I was running all clear by 9:00am. The only part I couldn't done better with was getting more to drink before the procedure because my appointment was running over an hour late and I was extremely thirsty and couldn't have anything until afterwards. All in all things went as smooth as they could've gone. For anyone reading this, don't be scared of doing this prep. My biggest advice is to have light meals the days leading up to your procedure. I really think that helped me as well.”

HakunaMatata · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2021

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: “It works, but I really can’t believe this is on the market. I suggest a liquid diet the day before starting this. It helped. I took the first dose about 5:10pm the day before my procedure. I could not finish it all in the half hour. In about 30 min it started working and I was on the toilet about every 5-10 min for the next hour or two. I fell asleep from 9-10 pm, then woke up, went some more, then slept from about midnight to 430 am when I had to take the 2nd dose. So...the roughest part...the second dose is so awful. I tried a sip of solution, a sip of Gatorade back and forth and it didn’t help. I even shoved a slice of lemon in my mouth at one point - nope. I only got half the solution down then quit because my body was telling me to stop. An hour later I threw it all up but it still had me going clear. Side effects I experienced are headaches, chills, nausea, vomiting, dry heaving, diarrhea - but it was gentle. My advice: if your body is telling you to stop drinking, then stop.”

Anonymous May 11, 2021

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: “This is absolutely the worst tasting thing I have ever come across. The "fruit flavors" don't help at all. If anything they make it worse. It's a combination of really sweet and really salty and quite frankly I don't know if there's anything worse. A new formula is absolutely necessary because judging by the reviews, 9/10 patients have mutual feelings towards it. Absolutely disgusting.”

Reezy · Taken for less than 1 month August 30, 2020

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: “This Plenvu is by far the worst tasting prep I've ever had. It has a salty, bitter and thick consistency which makes you want to gag. The nausea I felt was immediate. Adding ice to the container helps a little to alleviate the vile flavor. It's filled with aspartame, which worsens the aftertaste. Surely there has to be a better prep. This is absolutely disgusting.”

Vivi March 3, 2021

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: “1st time, so worried after reading the reviews. Female, 5'6, ~135 lbs. What I did worked well: - Prepped right before drinking (shook for 7-8 min) - Sipped with a straw over 25 min; repeat for H20. Slightly nauseous (2/10) but started going within 10 min afterward, so got distracted. Within 1 hour, only cloudy liquid and in 2 more hours, <urgency - Next dose 9.5 hrs after 1st. Note - doc's office said 10.5 hrs after 1st (4.5 hrs before colonscopy)- which I would not recommend. Start 2nd dose>=5.5 hrs ahead of when you leave. If I'd started 4.5 hrs before, I would've still been on the toilet. - 2nd dose harder to tolerate - sip slowly & burp Also had 96 oz of cool H20 between 1st/2nd dose+32 more after 2nd dose. Staying hydrated helped a lot. Tastes like a supercharged Gatorade to me, with a thicker viscosity. Very sweet & very salty at the same time. Am actually glad they added the sweet, as can't imagine how salty it actually is if even with the sweetness, you can still taste all that saltiness.”

L · Taken for less than 1 month October 4, 2020

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: “I would like to rate Plenvu 0, not even a 1. Worst prep ever, started procedure at 4:00 PM, was still eliminating waste (or water) at 5:30AM. Actually until the procedure at 9:00 AM. It was the nightmare night, no sleep! Ended up passing out a week later from low Potassium. Fell and had 4 stitches in the forehead, very light headed. All because of this product. I've never had a body imbalance like this in my life. Please do not take this! Same product they would give to a 300# man as they gave me and I'm a female weighing way less than half that!”

Suzie June 5, 2020

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: “Never again! This was my second colonoscopy and the first was not this bad. My insurance copay was $60 so I expected it to be “new and improved “. The first dose was tolerable but nasty.. It started working before I finished drinking it (about 15 minutes). The second dose at 3am was horrible. I had about 2 oz left but stubborn me determined to finish even though I was nauseous. Suddenly I started throwing up violently. I went to the bathroom just as violently and so irritated I couldn’t sit. Awful!! My question. Is why is the same dose required for a 300 pound male as a 125 pound female. Definitely felt like overkill like killing a fly with a hand grenade! No more Plenvu for me!”

HBee January 9, 2021

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: “I'm happy to report, no major issues with Plenvu. No cramping, no nausea, no vomiting. Ate a bland diet on the day before the prep. Ate only clear liquids on the prep day. Started prep at 4pm. Allow the full 2-3 min to let the stuff dissolve. I didn't chug it, but did get it all down within 15-20 minutes. Taste was bad, but not as vile as people have described. Started working within 2 hours. By the end of phase 1, stool was liquid, but still not clear. Went to bed by 10 with plans to get up for dose 2 at 4:30. No accidents or issues. Took my time w/dose 2. As nasty as it tastes, slow and steady (20 min total to drink) worked for me. I followed hot tea to help keep the chills away. Dose 2 worked quickly. Went several times for about an hour and achieved the clear, pale yellow outcome, and went back to bed for 2 hours. Doc said prep was excellent. No problems after.”

SueE July 22, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: “As with most things online (especially where drugs are concerned) people only tend to post reviews if there are problems. If things go well, they think nothing of it and just move on with their lives. At this moment, I am almost at the end of the prep. I am actually sitting on the throne with my iPad on a chair in front of me. I took twice as long to drink it than instructed - both doses - and experienced no nausea whatsoever. I matched each sip of Plenvu with a sip of flavoured, bottled water - non fizzy. Plus I’ve drunk a lot more water than instructed. A ton more. I feel fine. I’ve used a barrier cream after every movement. Another hour and I hope I will be able to get to bed. The worst part of all this is my back and leg ache from sitting on the toilet for so long! Plan your time carefully. Take longer and drink more - much more. I hope this helps balance the reviews here a little ... Good luck!”

Jimmy Cruckets · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2021

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: “Advice, Advice,Advice!!!! Completed first ever movi prep for colonoscopy. Things you will find out. It doesn’t taste great. It works. And you can’t wait til it’s over. Things you should know, Get soft toilet paper. Have disposable wipes. Use Vaseline. Your bum is going to get irritated because of frequency of movements and wiping. Honestly the worst part was the pain from my irritated bum.( outside of the drinking of the prep) I started at 12 pm and did second dose at 6pm. It’s constant bathroom trips. So be ready. But I could honestly say that if I knew to have the things I listed when I started this it would have been a lot more tolerable. I wish someone would have told me...”

Jonnyhyper · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2020

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: “I was recently prescribed Plenvu for my colonoscopy. I was happy to learn that it was only 2 doses of 16 oz each as compared to the other preps that required you to drink much more prep. After my first sip of Plenvu my happiness turned into terror at the absolutely horrid taste of this prep. Think thick and VERY salty with a nauseating fake fruit flavor. I could barely choke it down and would have vomited it up if not for the anti-nausea script provided by my GI. Yes, you drink less fluid but the solution is simply MUCH MORE concentrated than in other preps. Even using a straw to try to avoid my taste buds did little to make it any more palatable. I have had 6 colonoscopies and this was the worst prep I ever used.”

first timer January 15, 2021

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: “It three hours post taking the 2nd dose and I not sure if I am finished yet, but I am at yellow output stage. I am writing this before I forget to. Because in reading some of these reviews I was afraid of this as a first time colonoscopy patient. The drinks are gross but not undrinkable. I alternated between the prep and ginger ale. I also used refrigerator cold water to make my prep and drank it through a straw. Last night it took more than an hour for the first dose to work. I started at 4 pm was done well before bedtime. This morning started at 6:15 and it took less than 30 minutes for things to start moving. The morning dose does not give you much warning, stay very close to your bathroom. I think, because it's mostly liquid your ability to hold it is less effective than when it's solid or even diarrhea. I've never done it with the other preps, but as far as I can tell, this is better than drinking the gallon of the other stuff.”

Jenny · Taken for less than 1 month June 17, 2019

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: “Despite the side effects of nausea, vomiting and taste, I have to keep in mind that it was beneficial for my overall health. I am a 4 time survivor of colon cancer. I would rather spend a few days out of my life enduring this than going through chemotherapy and loosing the battle to cancer as my father and grandmother did.”

Crazy Old Goat · Taken for less than 1 month June 1, 2020

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: “Wow, finally a prep that is easy to take. Mixed prep with very cold water, drank with straw, down in 5 minutes. No discomfort at all, worked within hour. Both preps were easy to take and no negative effects. Makes Golightly seem like water boarding torture!”

PB August 28, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: “After reading these reviews I was terrified to take this prep but it was all I had so I did it and...not that bad. Of course you are emptying your bowels it's not the most fun but this was not that bad. I have taken laxatives that had me curled up in a ball on the bathroom floor, this was not the case with Plenvu. I feel it all depends on your preparation. I followed the directions strictly and honestly did not eat a ton 2 days before because I knew this was happening. If you follow the directions you should be fine, yeah it sucks not eating but it is worth it. Because of the magnesium Citrate I had two days before my procedure (which was way worse than this) I really only had liquid BM's and I had to go to the bathroom every time I went but I could hold it just fine, I went about every 40minutes after taking the second dose. I hope this helps someone who is scared of taking this”

horselover-us March 29, 2016

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: “After reading all the horror stories I wanted to cancel procedure so thought I'd share my experience. Honestly NOT THAT BAD! Took as directed, added nothing for flavor. Tasted very salty, just a swig of Apple juice after each 8oz dose, every 15 mins. Had no side effects. No bloating. No gas pains. No discomfort. Had only broth on prep day. Had only a chicken omelet afternoon prior to prep. No cramping with bowel movements. Procedure was a breeze, without the "wind". Hope this helps ease someone's anxiety.”

Bob the builder February 20, 2020

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: “My experience was a breeze. Took 1st dose the day before at 2:30pm, had a significant "diarrhea" bowel movement about 30m later, not much. No sitting on the toilet for hours, no soiling my pants... Got up at 4:15am for the 2nd dose, had 3 mostly liquid bowel movements before heading to the hospital. No risk of "losing it" before reaching the bathroom, should have gone back to bed. I was afraid to go back to bed. Last bowel movements clear and yellowish, post procedure notes state that the prep was excellent. Taste wasn't great, Gatorade didn't really taste better. Used a straw, drank the 16oz in 3 big gulps. No biggie. Drank an extra gallon over the prep time: tea, water, Gatorade, chicken stock... Stopped 2h before procedure. Everyone is different, but it was hassle-free for me”

Erik179 October 22, 2019

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: “Use MoviPrep as Bowel Prep for Colonoscopy yesterday Followed the instructions for 3 days before, low fibre diet Found it easy to drink with a large straw, Drunk first litre in an hour, not to bad at 7pm Started going to the toilet over the next 2 hours, mainly brown water Drunk a litre of Orange juice after the MoviPrep to keep hydrated, Went to bed at 11pm, up at 7am for the next Litre, same again Drunk in an hour, Back to the toilet, brown water, slowly turned clear, Drunk a half of water to stay hydrated Off to the Hospital for 1pm appointment Decided on gas for pain relief during the procedure, nice and easy, just suck on the mouthpiece when you feel discomfort The Colonoscopy went well, watched on the TV Screen Felt slight discomfort as the pipe went round, but no pain Result in a weeks time Watch this space Good luck”

npatrick · Taken for less than 1 month February 1, 2021

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: “Did the two day dose for a colonoscopy prep. This is my first one, so no basis of comparison (except my wife used something else and gave me a heads up about the process). Dose one is done the day before the procedure. After looking online, I made sure that the water used was as cold as possible, and I had some plain water to wash down the taste. I also drank it through a straw, which helped. The taste was like concentrated gatorade. Not something I would drink normally, but not bad. I drank another 16 oz of water to was it down. After 1 hour, the "waterworks" began. The second dose was about 4 hours before the procedure, so I had to wake up early in the morning. Similar process, similar taste. After another 30 minutes, more waterworks. No pain, no gassiness. The doctor was happy with the cleaniness of my bowels, so I guess it did what it was supposed to do. Not sure about all thembad reviews, since I had heard horror stories about other treatments which required much more effort.”

Jay November 20, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: “The reviews I read about the Plenvu prep left me anxious. I started the process yesterday at 5pm and had the 2nd dose at 10pm. I completed both doses in less than 5 minutes. For both doses, I simply held my nose and took it down. This was immediately followed by water. No issues here. The doses had my stomach rumbling in about 10 minutes and the first bowel movement in about 20 minutes after the first dose. I went to the bathroom quite a bit. I was able to sleep for short periods after each of the doses without making a mess. The experience of others is valid; however, I realized that I should not make the experience of another the foundation for what I will experience. Follow the directions and see how your body responds. We are all different.”

michey · Taken for less than 1 month April 7, 2021

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: “Many preps in past. Plenvu is the least amount of fluid intake required that I have tried (why it was appealing). However, Plenvu is the only prep that has made me strongly vomit after second dose. Probably won't take again for future colonoscopy because can't imagine doing all this torture or preparing to throw up the ending and not have an acceptable result and having to do the prep all over again! No thank you!”