User Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

Also known as: Clenz-Lyte, Co-Lav, Colonic Lavage Solution, Colyte, GaviLyte-C, GaviLyte-G, GaviLyte-H, GaviLyte-N, Go-Evac, GoLYTELY, MoviPrep, NuLYTELY, PEG-3350 with Electolytes, Plenvu, TriLyte …show all brand names

Constipation, Chronic
8.3

Bowel Preparation
6.7

Gastrointestinal Decontamination

Summary of Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes reviews 6.7 436 reviews

Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I am a fit 79 year old . Walk 10 kilometres a day minimum. I weigh 51 kilograms . From the moment I started taking this obnoxious aggressive Plenvu. I had diarrhea within the hour. Persevered with it. Vomited and diarrhea constantly until I was helped onto the theatre table the next day. Had my colonoscopy ( my 5th) . I was and am still severely dehydrated. Rehydrated at A & E. I think this horrific drug dosage should be administered according to weight of patient. There is no doubt it was too much for my weight of 51 kilograms. I will NEVER take it again. Home ill in bed can only takes liquids like Aquarius, eletroltye mixes and tea."

Sue (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Mixed dose 1. Thought it would have tasted better, don't know why. Held my nose and drank it in a few tries. It does work"

Emga (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2019

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Constipation, Chronic: "I have suffered with severe constipation for years and I use 2 tbsp GaviLyte-G in 16 oz of water twice day (both glasses at night a few hours apart) and I go regularly now. It has helped me so much! No cramping, a little gassy but doesn’t hurt. This stuff is a life saver!"

Jf88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I have had a colonoscopy before and the prep medication was so much easier than Plenvu. I did ok with the 6pm dose, however the 5am dose was very hard to keep down. I had severe headaches and struggled to walk. I won't take Plenvu again. Although I note that my doctor said that Plenvu is better prep than others as far as cleaning the bowel. I won't take it next time."

PR (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Like others here this prep is just plain foul! This is my second colonoscopy and for the first I’d used prepopik in the past which was effective and relatively gentle given what it needs to do. In fact believing this was a better product , I had no concerns. But this stuff is ghastly, and though I was able to get down the first dose without hurling, the raw salty, sugary chemical smell is disgusting. There is no way you can replenish water or electrolytes fast enough given how the water just literally pours out of your body. Though my dr had me start this earlier in the day so the 2nd dose is in the evening, sleep was elusive. Never again! It just doesn’t have to be this unpleasant."

KV April 4, 2019

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Nothing can prepare you for how bad Moviprep tastes. It is close to undrinkable. I took first dose at 2pm and the next dose at 8pm. I went to bathroom a lot quicker on the second dose than on the first. I felt completely drained after the first session. This is a necessary evil, however, if there is a next time, it will have to be through a feeding tube."

Lexianne (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2019

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This is the most disgusting stuff ever. How can anyone swallow this? Such an intrusive taste that you can‘t tell whether it‘s most sour, salty or extreme sweet. So confusing to the brain that you need to throw up. I‘m not sensitive but this was too much. The procedure could not be performed."

donttakethis (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2019

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Using this stuff for the first time. Have plenty of soft 2 ply toilet paper on standby, drink the plain with a couple packs of Crystal light mixed in. Don't try to drink every 10 minutes if you are going to puke, a couple extra minutes won't hurt. I drank additional water to help clean out everything and wash the remaining go lightly out. Not a fun experience but cleansed the colon."

Condimentplace (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This was a horrendous prep for a colonoscopy. I had one prior with no ill feelings towards the prep. This Plenvu prep, however, was horrible and if I had to use it again for a colonoscopy, I wouldn’t have one. I’m sitting here after my second dose, feeling so dehydrated and wondering if it is safe for me to undergo anesthesia in this dehydrated and probably electrolyte depleted for the procedure. I could barely get the first dose down it tasted so disgusting and only could force down 75%. I took it at 6 pm as directed and was still getting up in the middle of the night to have fluid pour out of me. Got up this morning for a dose at 5AM. It tasted a little better but still hard to get down then followed it with the prescribed amount of water. Fluid has been pouring out of me ever since and I am so dehydrated I can barely talk. There are much better products out there than this. This one is horrendous and ought to be taken off of the market."

Pissed! March 28, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Just used Plenvu for my colonoscopy today. Like others my experience was extreme and extended diarrhea which lasted into my procedure and after I returned from the hospital. Twelve hours between doses usually means no sleep which was my experience. Lastly it tastes awful and is hard to drink. There are better options with more desirable results. This is a new drug on the market but two gastroenterologist I spoke to never heard of it."

Rlcd March 28, 2019

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Most reviews are commenting on the taste & that’s been the least of my concerns with it. I started my first dose at around 3:30pm & as soon as I finished at 4:30pm, I had my first bowel movement & it’s been non stop ever since. I started my 2nd dose around 8:30pm & drank 3/4 of it, as I’ve been on non stop trips to the bathroom. I’ve read through all of the reviews on here (had the time whilst sitting on the toilet for the better part of 7 hours) & only a handful of people have described what I’m experiencing. My stomach must be particularly sensitive to this product. I’m concerned that I may have to cancel my appointment if this doesn’t stop. This experience has turned me off ever using this again."

Bella (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2019

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I was supposed to take 2 litre of moviprep at 5pm and another 2 ltr at 8pm. After taking 1.5ltrs I became unwell with severe nausea and vomiting. It was impossible for me to take anymore as I was vomiting it all back up immediately. Unable to go ahead with Colonoscopy as I was a unable to take enough to clear my bowel. The taste was horrendous, very salty."

Ejl (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2019

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Yes the stuff smells and has an oily consistency. Its not a pleasant drink, but then this isn’t supposed to be a cocktail bar experience. The oily consistency pays off when the liquid ‘re-appears’ after having passed through the body. This part of the experience is reasonably comfortable as a smooth oily liquid is gently ejected into the loo (on regular occasions) so its quite kind on your delicate bits. So its all worth it in the end - drink it down 25% at a time at regular intervals interspersed with soothing gulps of orange squash. Get it over with and all will be fine."

Yawner (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Never again! This was noxious. It took all my effort to not vomit up the first dose. Sadly, after needing to take even more care with the second dose, I was not successful in keeping it down. I wish I’d read the helpful hints others have posted on how to manage this prep. I will never use this again. Colonoscopy prep is never fun, but this pushed things to a new level of horror."

Mspuke (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I'm a fit healthy 81 year old who has had four Colonoscopies with no problems on Glycoprep. At pre procedure appointment told PLENVU was better. I religiously followed 'prep instructions. Commenced Dose 1 at 6pm , by 8/.8.30pm my bowels worked . Started to vomit and shake, drank more liquids. Rang A/H doctor. Later Called Ambulance, vomiting and shaking continued. About 1am rang after hours Doctor again. By 2.30am still vomiting, hot and shaking. Was driven to hospital then a 2 hour wait. Then had ''a SEIZURE''in the waiting room. The next 28hrs are a blank . My family reported a distressing day . In ''emergency'' with me in agitated state sometimes needing two to hold me down. I remained there for four days in hospital. It was clear that the Plenvu ''prep'' had brought on excessive vomiting (5 hours) leading to serious depletion of sodium and electrolites. etc. I'm summary I 'm lucky to be alive , my car license gone (due to the seizure) and I still need a colonoscopy. I wont be using PLENVU. Any readers of this review be warned"

margaret March 20, 2019

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Second time in three weeks this medicine is vile! There has to be an easier option. I’ll take it in 15 mins just to get it over with but it is hard "

Nick March 19, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This is my 2nd colonoscopy and I found Plenvu horrendous. It tasted so much like toxic chemicals I threw up several times trying to drink it. I have a strong stomach and can eat or drink anything. This was terrible. It also made me sicker than my first prep for colonoscopy. Also you have to get up in the middle of the night for the second dose so you get no sleep. I would never take this again. Don’t let your doctor give this to you. Trust me. You will regret it."

Beth (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This was my 3rd colonoscopy so I knew what to expect up until I started the plenvu bowel cleanse regimen. In simplest terms..” This stuff is poison” I can’t believe the food and drug administration approved this. The taste was absolutely horrible and it made my stomach upset and burn a bit. I followed the directions and had a bowel movement within the hour which turned into urinating out of my butt. Having stomach cramps, butt leakage and extreme thirst hampered my nights sleep. The next morning I took the second dose which was just as bad as the first I could feel my body starving for water as this stuff sucked all my body fluids into my colon. I didn’t stop urinating out my butt until 10 minutes before my procedure..It did clean me out but with a huge price to pay..five days later I’m still feeling the effects of dehydration, loss of electrolytes along with a dull headache and fatigue. Never will I use this med again."

Wooley March 18, 2019

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "GolyteIy tip - suck a Lemonade Ice-block between Sips. This is good as it gives me more fluid intake, AND Helps KILLS the taste of the golytely."

Cookiemonster March 15, 2019

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "For me Moviprep was not nearly as awful as some reviews predicted. My overriding concern was that I needed to leave the house at 6.50am and travel by public transport for an 8.30am appointment. Instructions were for 1st dose on the previous day at 5pm, 2nd dose on the day of the appointment at 5am, with the footnote that stated 'if your appointment is at 9am you may wish to do this a little earlier (do not take before 3am).' I took the 1st dose at 4pm - these results led me to take the 2nd dose at 3.30am - i was just about ok to leave by 6.50! I made it up in a big jug and chilled it, just before taking I shared it out into 4 glasses and just drank one as quickly as possible every 10-15mins followed by a large glass of water. Not pleasant, but i just accepted that I needed to do it. I did wonder what was meant by 'sipping it slowly' I couldn't do this and it didn't appear a problem."

jp (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2019

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This is my second colonoscopy prep within one week. I prepped the first time by taking Suprep and it was AWFUL. The taste was terrible and made me so nauseous. So when my doctor ordered a second prep I was so scared and the fact that I had to drink 4 liters of a prep terrified me. But I am so glad I read the GaviLyte-G advice and tips on this tread because I mixed this prep with Crystal Light and IT IS A BREEZE!!! I wish I would have known this the first time around"

mjb123 March 3, 2019

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I put it in a bottle to drink it. I thought drinking it by the glass would be harder than my bottle idea. The more I drank worse it tasted (salty). I started at 6.45pm and had it all drunk by 7.30pm. Now awaiting for things to happen, it is 8.30pm and nothing. I am drinking lots of diluted squash to keep hydrated...."

Cat lady (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2019

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Not as bad to take as they say. Not delicious but tolerable. Didn't do anything for 2 hours after starting, then normal motion. Watery diarrhoea started 3 hours in, failed properly to clear bowel, and - 4 days later - IS STILL GOING ON! Embarrassing, smelly - now need incontinence pads. When will it stop? Very upset."

Singinhinny (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2019

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Took the first litre at 5:30pm and it was tolerable, managed to drink it all within 40 minutes and the drink took effect just as I finished. Started the second litre at around 6:30 and found it unbearable, make me quite sick after the second glass and then couldn’t bring myself to carry on drinking until around an hour after. The taste is awful the more you drink but the aftermath hasn’t been half as bad as I expected."

Ermmmmm (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This was the most disgusting thing I have ever drank in my life. I've had 3 colonoscopies with no problem before but I could barely drink the first dose and although the second one tasted a teeny bit better, I threw everything up and had to have an enema instead. If I had none this beforehand I never would have used it. It was really gross"

Grossed out February 21, 2019