User Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

Also known as: Clenz-Lyte, Co-Lav, Colonic Lavage Solution, Colyte, GaviLyte-C, GaviLyte-G, GaviLyte-H, GaviLyte-N, Go-Evac, GoLYTELY, MoviPrep, NuLYTELY, PEG-3350 with Electolytes, Suclear, TriLyte

Learn more about Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes.

Constipation, Chronic 9 reviews 30 medications

8.9
Bowel Preparation 188 reviews 114 medications

7.4
Gastrointestinal Decontamination 3 reviews 44 medications

Summary of Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes reviews 200 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

For Bowel Preparation: "Took GaviLyte-N and had no problems getting the first half down but then had a terrible red rash all over my body. Got up the next morning and tried second half and could not keep any of it down. Tried 6 times and it always came up. I will never do this again."

keekee77 July 28, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Not that bad, really. The lemony salty drink is best taken in the smallest cold 8 oz glass you can find. I think it helps psychologically. I tried it first in a big glass and thought I'd never finish. A small 8 oz juice glass is easy to slug down. I think it also helps to pour the stuff into the glass and chill it so it's as cold as possible. Take a slug of warm water and swish it in your mouth immediately after to remove the lingering taste. I got into a routine. Drink, wait about 5 minutes, head to the loo and repeat. Wasn't as bad as the stuff they sprayed in my throat just before the endoscopy. So man up and get it over with."

PohPohBoyohBoy (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2016

For Bowel Preparation: "Had to take before my colonoscopy, and really had trouble keeping it down. I gagged and threw up more than I got down (or so it seemed), but it did begin to clean me out. Almost through the first course (started at 7:45pm and it's now 9:40pm), and I'm already dreading the second round that begins at 2:00am for my 7:15am appointment. Not looking forward to this again. Will ask for something different the next time. I would forego the colonoscopy just so I could skip the prep, but with pre-cancerous polips found three times in the past I can't skip having my yearly colonoscopy. God help me!"

Granny Corvette July 20, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Maybe TMI but sitting on the can writing this. Mixed up the powders as directed, added about half a packet of EmergenC powder, guzzled 8 fl oz every 15 minutes as directed. I don't know if I had a newer formulation or something but I had no problems with the taste - tasted like Gatorade or some electrolyte drink to me. Started working within 40 mins. And so here I sit..."

Colonoddity (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "So i apprehensively opened the 1st pkt of M prep at 7pm the night b4 my procedure, .. After reading the reviews on here .. I was anticipating the gip factor of the drink , and true to the reviews it was top scale rank .. Seriously took all my swallowing efforts to the hilt .. I mixed in some lucozade to alter the taste .. But still ended up with a fizzy, thick , salty , slimy mess that made my head hurt and my stomach retch on every mouthfull .. My eyes watered and my sphincter tightened lol Not from the anticipation of what was to follow .. But the bodily reaction to the chewy thick substance that was globbing down my aesophagus . Ffwd 2/3 hrs - i was on form -with the toilet hugging my behind I'm sleep inthe bathroom All done for morning"

Nomoremovieprepplease ! July 16, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Tips for completing this prep: 1. Use half orange or citrus Vitamin Water or Gatorade, half regular water, to make the solution. The vitamins and minerals help reduce unpleasant side effects. 2. Mix prep ahead of time and refrigerate for two hours or more. 3. Use a straw to drink the solution. 4. Drink water, apple juice, white grape juice or other clear liquids as a chaser. 5. Before the prep, during, and after, drink a lot of water. This gives your body something to evacuate and keeps you hydrated through the process. I cannot stress this enough. 6. Grimace and bear it. While not a fun process, this prep is one of the better ones out there. Cheers."

Luran July 13, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This is way too sweet. I was nauseated after the first 8 oz and the nausea never went away. I much preferred the plain ol' Golytely they used to use."

Miss Patsy July 12, 2016

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I know many people have trouble with the whole colonoscopy experience but I really don't know why. To me it it's a very comical experience. Drink a glass every 10 or so minutes and soon you'll be timing for the bathroom about as frequently. I liked the added note on the GoLYTELY to jiggle your tummy to help remove extra poo. I have to admit after the whole GoLYTELY experience I wanted to watch what the whole fuss was about. Watching the scope do it's thing was amazing. Now that I have to do it all again I will not drink quite as fast (I wasted some by projectile vomiting some of it back up ... also comical) but I will dance and jiggle my bowels about to get them as clean as I can. My biggest concern is what flavor to get. Pineapple? NOT"

Amzl July 9, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "can I just say, these horror stories got me so worked up I was dreading this prep, the reality is its NOT THAT BAD!!!. Ok so the drink isn't great, like a salty lemonade ( I find the cranberry powder things disgusting too but if I've got a water infections I drink it!). I found the 1st litre easier to drink than the 2nd,with the 1st one I used a whisky size tumbler and drank it through a straw at room temperature. I drank it all within half an hour and it started working within the hour. The 2nd litre took longer,I used a bigger glass and filled it with ice, I found it harder to drink cold and the larger glass never seemed to empty so you feel like your going forever! Don't be put off by the scary stories!"

Pendle July 7, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This was for a bowel prep. Liquids 2 days before and it still didn't work (about 85% cleared) ...until it didn't stop after the procedure. Now 4 days out from colonoscopy I'm still having bms reminiscent of the prep itself and I've had the most severe stomach pains I've ever had in my life- and I have a disease which is known for causing pretty damn bad cramps. Apparently doctor says this is "not unusual". Also, this combination of potassium, sodium and antifreeze came to my insurance's max out of pocket copay. Kinda ridiculous. Never. Again."

Tarheel239 July 3, 2016

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I was told I could add the little packets of crystal light lemonade to the Golytely to make it more tolerable. I would put a packet with the glass you are drinking to measure the strength of the lemon flavor."

Bobby K June 29, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Had an endoscopy and colonoscopy this morning (26/6/16) and took the movieprep yesterday as part of the process. I actually found it acceptable ( miles better than a barium meal) but was helped I think by these factors which I certainly think would help others. 1) i didnt eat at all the day before I took the movieprep( 2 days before the colonoscopy) 2) I took the movieprep at home in a quiet environment under my own steam 3) i made the movieprep 2 hours before drinking and placed it in the fridge to chill before drinking over the following 2 hours 4) i used a straw to drink the movieprep 5) I heavily flavoured the drink with lime juice Good luck if you go through this process but I found it better than expected"

alan1267543 June 28, 2016

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Oh my God!! I am really glad that I have eaten really lightly for the last few days and nothing at all today. It works alright! Felt full and kind of bloated after the first glass and by the third, I was running for the bathroom. Still have half to go but am afraid to leave the bathroom to drink it! They better get a good look tomorrow because I am not doing this again! Lol"

Jen9899 June 28, 2016

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Used it for a bowel prep before a hysterectomy. You have to drink it fast. I got distracted with the first glass and drank it too slow. Got off to a bad start. I had horrible stomach bloating and pain while I was drinking. It took about 2 1/2 hours for me to start going. My bum is on fire but I am mostly clear and just liquid coming out. Also made me very nauseous. There has got to be a better way."

Klg120 (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Just finished my first 1 liter dose about 2 hours ago. Taste was not as bad as I was afraid of, honestly the lemon/salty taste reminds me very much of a margarita! Started to work before I was finished drinking it, and already only 2 hours in I feel pretty cleaned out and the trips to the bathroom which where at first every five minutes are now every 15 minutes. I don't have my next dose until 6 am tomorrow, so at this rate I am reasonably sure I will get some sleep tonight. Some mild cramps but not bad. With Blue Cross/Blue Shield my out of pocket was $20. Worst part so far has been the nervousness leading up to my first dose after reading the horror stories on this site. I slept though the night, up at 6 for dose 2, no problems."

Juststarting1 (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Medicine is disgusting though it defiantly works. Be prepared to stay at home very close to the toilet. It worked with me within 40 minutes. Have sudocream to hand as your derrière will get sore and very red and tender. Good luck if you need to take this medication. My sympathy is with you. God bless."

Monkey41 May 20, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This was absolutely awful - Much worse than the colonoscopy! Tasted vile. Really struggled to get it all down, and after all that, it did not work properly. Had to get up in the night to change the bed!! Only started to work at 10pm, 2 hours after I had finished it at 8pm - revolting preparation"

F11 May 12, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I'm having a colonoscopy first thing in the morning and trying my hardest to get down the 1st litre Moviprep... It is vile! Too salty and I'm really struggling to drink this, I've been trying for two hours now and I'm still 1 glass in! There is surely an easier way than this! I've only been to the toilet twice and can see my colonoscopy will more than likely be cancelled. 1 litre is far too much for me to tackle let alone 2 and no thought process had gone into this what so ever, your doctor should fully consult something like this with you and look at different options, I would have been better on tablets and water but as always the NHS care about money and people numbers and not the individual! ......it's going to be a long night! :-("

Flo86 May 7, 2016

NuLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Took this twice as prep for Colonoscopy. It was disgusting to drink but they all are. Then came the weakness, dizziness and the migraine headache. Very very bad migraine headache. Never again."

ETH (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2016

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I took this exactly how the instructions show. I started at 4pm as told and still wasn't done with the process 6+ hours later! I will never use this product again! It is not worth it. It was so hard to get down and keep down as well. Very unsatisfied with this product!"

Anonymous May 5, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I have had to have several colonoscopies over the years and have always been given picolax. I was slightly concerned with the Moviprep as there was a lot to drink. However if you pace yourself over say an hour its fine make sure its cold and maybe suck a halls menthal sweet with it. It works quickly and much less pain and discomfort than with the Picolax. I had it at 5pm went to the toilet a lot up until about 10pm then actually had a night sleep. Next morning the same amount again, toilet for about another 4 hours then off to the hospital. I seemed to be able to keep more hydrated with this preparation than with the Picolax as I did not feel so rotten and sick. Much more comfortable experience all round."

Moviprep user April 29, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "After 2 days on a low fibre diet, on the 3rd day I mixed this with a small amount of orange squash in the afternoon and kept it in the fridge to chill. I began to drink it a 5pm through a straw, the taste is okay around 7.20pm after drinking water it began to work and boy what a result It felt like a flush of water coming out the other end this lasted until 10.30pm and I went to bed at 11pm no problems slept all night. I had the colonoscopy with gas and air at times it did hurt but keep puffing the gas and air and in no time it was over. Bowel normal thankfully. You will not be allowed to eat after 9am the day before the morning procedure but drink lucozade it fills you up so you don't feel hungry. Moviprep fills you up to it was quite a struggle to keep drinking it all."

Cheshiregirl April 21, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Got this moviprep with no instructions from the hospital. Great... What a good start. Took the first liquid between 8-9 pm and for me it was a bit of a struggle to drink that much ( unless it's wine!) About an hour later was on loo continuously so was working but by 12 I was still running to the loo..... No sleep cause of a bit of a painful tummy and gurgling.... The worst part is the ring sting....ring of fire is an understatement as I think my behind is a volcano now. Took my second lot and am now waiting. Use Vaseline as it does help relieve the burning inferno that is now my backside."

Vicpoop April 13, 2016

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "After reading all the horror stories I wanted to cancel procedure so thought I'd share my experience. Honestly NOT THAT BAD! Took as directed, added nothing for flavor. Tasted very salty, just a swig of Apple juice after each 8oz dose, every 15 mins. Had no side effects. No bloating. No gas pains. No discomfort. Had only broth on prep day. Had only a chicken omelet afternoon prior to prep. No cramping with bowel movements. Procedure was a breeze, without the "wind". Hope this helps ease someone's anxiety."

horselover-us March 29, 2016

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I had to take my first lot at 7pm and struggled to keep it down tasted vile after an hour it kicked in and I could not move at all of the toilet for five hours I was so exhausted all I wanted was to go to sleep I finally got three hours sleep and woke up running the loo again took my next lot at 6am and had to drink it on the loo for the next six and a half hours again I couldn't move had to ring the hospital to see if it was normal as it was not stopping I hated it most people said after two hours theres stopped but it must not have agreed with me never again will I do that it was awfull everyone is different but just incase this happens to someone else it happened to me to and eventually it did stop an hour before my appt at 1.30pm."

Amyfromengland March 29, 2016