User Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

Also known as: GoLYTELY, Plenvu, MoviPrep, TriLyte, GaviLyte-G, Colyte, GaviLyte-C, GaviLyte-N, NuLYTELY, PEG-3350 with Electolytes, Go-Evac, Clenz-Lyte, Colonic Lavage Solution, Co-Lav, GaviLyte-H …show all brand names

Constipation, Chronic
8.1

Bowel Preparation
6.4

Gastrointestinal Decontamination

Summary of Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes reviews 6.4 499 reviews

Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

Devorah July 17, 2019

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I did the GoLytely prep and not Miralax because it has the electrolytes and there is evidence that it does a better job at bowel lavage. Take 4 tablespoons of olive oil orally hours prior to prep. There are studies out of Turkey and Mexico showing that Olive Oil produces a better prep, especially in the right colon. Eat a low residue diet for days beforehand. Switch to smoothies 24 hours before the procedure. Have your colonoscopy in the afternoon, and start your prep in the early morning. I stopped having smoothies before bedtime, and started prep at 4am. Want to help your GoLytely go down easily? Mix 6 fluid ounces of prep with 2 fluid ounces of clear broth. The prep is salty and you'll only taste broth. Warm it up! Make it cozy. Have coconut water in between glasses of prep. Between my diarrhea and these tips, I needed a liter of prep. And I got a 9 for my bowel cleanliness. Results may vary!"

santch · Taken for less than 1 month July 15, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "PlenVu split dose: Easy to use Taste is perfectly acceptable. Dose 1 better than Dose 2 Worked very fast on me. Bowel prep is not a pleasant undertaking, but PlenVu is lower volume so, taking it is not a matter of ingesting a lot of liquid. I had short-lived episodes of nausea with both does. They were both fleeting and very tolerable. If you do a good job with diet a couple of days prior to the actual bowel prep, your experience with PlenVu should just fine. Remember: You're cleansing your bowels, it's bound to wreak a little havoc on the gut."

Lou · Taken for less than 1 month July 14, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Totally new to this. First time doing bowel prep for first colonoscopy. Dose 1 was salty fruit punch. Managed ok with it only took an hour to work. Word of advice be close to a loo. Half a glass of dose 2 left (salty mango) and I am currently curled up in a ball in my bathroom and have vomited twice already. Probably the worst thing I have ever experienced. NEVER AGAIN"

Notso · Taken for less than 1 month July 14, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This prep is neither better or worse than other preparations I have used. The best thing about it is the low volume. My preps have been average to poor in the past but this one on Plenvu was good."

AnnieW · Taken for less than 1 month July 12, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Awful, awful!! Absolutely disgusting taste, very hard to get down! I threw up the second dose about an hour after finishing it. Gave me a horrible headache, I was extremely dehydrated and my procedure ended up being cancelled. Would not recommend this prep!!!"

Cazzibat July 11, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I have found this method '1 of the most degrading experience' s I have ever had, my bowels opened up all over my carpets, several times, because you can't control water running through you, it also made me so sore on my back passage that I was in tears in my bathroom, I wouldn't recommend this treatment to anyone ' unless y are willing to stay in your toilet all night and best part of next day "

Micoz · Taken for less than 1 month July 9, 2019

NuLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I have just completed the recommended two sessions of drinking NuLYTELY, heading toward an early morning colonoscopy. It is a LOT of stuff to drink, no doubt! But the two sessions are better than the old regimen of drinking it in one session. I had the lemon-lime mixture, which comes from the drug store ready to add water. The total prep drink required is 4 liters. It's not too bad. It tastes like lemon lime drink with salt added. Chewing spearmint sugarless gum between the 8 oz glasses of solution was helpful to me. I also drank through a thick straw to the back of my mouth to reduce the salty taste. This wasn't pleasant like drinking a milkshake or a Sprite, but it was NOT a seriously difficult preparation."

Elvislass · Taken for less than 1 month July 7, 2019

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I am currently on the loo!!! I took my first litre between 5pm and 6.45pm. I then started going to the toilet. Every 10 minutes or so. Dreading the 2nd litre now.... the taste is vile! It makes me queasy and lightheaded but it’s doing the job it’s supposed too!!!! Good luck everyone..... :)"

Bullesye · Taken for less than 1 month July 3, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I wanted a low volume prep this time but I knew Medicare will not cover the cost which is about 150.00 so I asked my Dr. if he had samples he offered this I was happy till I read the reviews here. My results were very good. First off I did not take any addition laxatives as was suggested.their web page said not needed and they were correct. My colonoscopy was for 9am the day before I ate no solid foods and at 2 pm I took dose one. Tips for taking from online research mix the prep 2 hrs. before and refrigerate. When you are ready add some ice and use a straw to take small sips. Dose one went down smoothly yes it is very artificially sweet but was tolerable. Started working rather quickly 25 mins. and lasted about 2 hrs. not too bad. Dose two for me was at 9pm and was a bit harder to finish and the flush was longer about 3 hrs. but I was asleep by 1 am. My other tip is to drink a lot of water, more is better here. I woke up a bit dehydrated and asked for fluids in my IV."

Carolina July 2, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I’ve had numerous colonoscopy preps and like others, I found this prep to taste beyond disgusting. I also notice my blood sugar dropping significantly. After my first dose I had to have a popsicle just to bring it back up and I am not diabetic. I would not do this prep again. It is significantly less to drink but it’s way too strong. It was not covered by my insurance, but with Plenvu savings card it was $50.00 out of pocket."

Moon charmed · Taken for less than 1 month June 29, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "As a gastric sleeve patient, this was a lot of drinking in an hour. The instructions call for drinking first dose within 30 minutes followed by 16 ounces of clear fluids within 30 minutes after that. Same for second dose. The solution was pure SALT. I had a hard time getting it down and was a little nauseated. Mango (salt) first flavor and fruit punch (salt) second flavor. I managed to get it down. This in my experience is not a quick prep. It took a couple of hours before it started to work and over many hours to be fully cleaned out. I was worried because I was still going to restroom close to time to go shower to go to hospital. I wouldn’t want to do this prep again. But I will say this, during my exam, the Dr noted excellent bowel preparation. It works but very slow and tastes horrible but it did the job."

LB June 28, 2019

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I drunk my first litre of Moviprep within an hour and a half along with three large glasses of water. 6 hours later, NOTHING!, apart from being bloated. I’m due for a colonoscopy at 1.00 tomorrow, looks like I’ll be cancelling as I can’t see my morning one is going to clear me out enough "

TC June 25, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "First off this drug is not covered by Medicare part D and costs $140. Worst of all are the side effects. Previous preps required more fluid intake but effects were over at 2 hours. Effects of the 2nd dose of Plenvu lasted over 5 hours. I am a diabetic and this product caused my blood sugar to rise over 250 points while fasting for 12 hours . Taste is awful."

Lissa · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Both doses of Plenvu were disgusting. They tasted like saltwater. I thought I was going to throw up the first does, but I did not. The second dose, however, I threw up 10 minutes after finishing. I will never drink this again. Horrible experience."

Connie · Taken for less than 1 month June 19, 2019

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I had the 2 day 2 liter a day instructions. I weigh 120 lbs. Maybe I shouldn’t have drank most of it. I didn’t get that instruction to stop when discharge was clear. Half way through the second 2 liters I started to have constant cramping pain across my stomach and back. By the time I dragged myself to the office they made the decision to take me by wheelchair to the Emergency Room. I was admitted and given morphine. Some of my labs were slightly elevated but all in all I am healthy. It really was a horrible experience and embarrassing. I was an idiot in the doctors office with all the moaning. AND they had me wait over 10 minutes before someone saw me. I’m wondering if someone had the same reaction."

Bri h June 19, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I got cramps, shivers bloatedness. The next morning I still had to go. It tasted so bad. I don’t like the 3 days beforehand you have to limit your diet too."

Gladys June 19, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I had this for a same day prep. Appointment at 2pm. The leaflet said to take at 6am and 9am. As I was planning to drive, I asked if I could take earlier. Yes. I went for 4am and 7am. I'm glad I did. Solution isn't pleasant, it's like a concentrated diet drink with salt. But it is drinkable. Rather than panic with your thoughts and say oh my god this is awful I'm going to be sick...instead calmly sip through a straw. I was told to drink it over an hour. I sipped a bit every 5 mins. 5.15 cascades, prob 12 over an hour. Then slept, woke for the alarm 7am. The solution made me feel a bit nauseous so I sipped slowly and left bigger gaps, taking it over 1.5 hrs. By 8am, again cascades. Bottle of water in the loo with me and was making sure I drank after each one. I felt wobbly but again kept drinking. Everything finished by 12:00. The main thing is take it slowly, try and be calm, and drink lots of extra fluids. So good luck with yours."

Shelly · Taken for less than 1 month June 18, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I checked out the reviews the night I was to start this for my first colonoscopy, I was horrified, almost to the point of tears. I debated even going thru with it! I’m glad I decided to do it! The taste was not the greatest, but tolerable with water after every drink. I started taking it at 5 pm, it started working within the hour, no cramping, no stomach upset, I was done by 10 and slept all night. I woke up at 5 am to start the next dose, which I thought was better than the first, again, started working within the hour and was done by 9:30 am. No adverse reactions!! I wish I had never read the reviews on this! The taste was the worst, first dose tasted like mango flavor with salt water, second dose was fruit punch with slight salt water, but it was tolerable with water after every drink. They found 1 polyp and removed it, benign, thank God!! I fully recommend this product!!"

Jenny · Taken for less than 1 month June 17, 2019

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Despite the side effects of nausea, vomiting and taste, I have to keep in mind that it was beneficial for my overall health. I am a 4 time survivor of colon cancer. I would rather spend a few days out of my life enduring this than going through chemotherapy and loosing the battle to cancer as my father and grandmother did."

Diverticular Chick · Taken for less than 1 month June 17, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Diagnosed in 2001 with diverticulitis, and being past a certain age ( now need to screen for colon cancer) I have much experience with these procedures, that being said Plenvu is worst GI prep ever! Go-Lytely is much better, works more efficiently. Heck anything else is better( Miralax or even magnesium citrate). This stuff could make a maggot gag. Diarrhea achieved, but vomiting is not necessary for a colonoscopy. Caused needless suffering....Never Again!"

Ann · Taken for less than 1 month June 16, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I'm reading all these comments while trying to drink my second dose of Plenvu. I just can't bring the cup to my mouth anymore. I thought pooping would be the worse part of the prep but boy was I wrong... Help lol"

JT210 · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2019

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Spent a week dreading taking this Moviprep. Read reviews for hints or tips. Made up both sachets early & refrigerated. Vaselined my butt and had moist toilet tissues by the loo, My TV is viewable from loo "

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2019

Plenvu (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I will not use this product again. First dose of Plenvu was unbearable, took me an hour to finish and thought I would vomit afterwards. Second dose just as bad but so much nausea I’m unable to finish entire jar. I get the reason we all elect to have the colonoscopy, but there had to be a better way! They can send a man to the moon, can’t they make this process better??? Just hope I get through the night without throwing up."

Aaa · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2019

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "As stated by others product is not the nicest, however does its job. I found drinking it quite slowly, with mouthful of soft drink afterwards was best for me. Nearly finished my second litre and it’s certainly effective, think I have been lucky, as not had any mad rushes to bathroom or bad stomach cramps. Good luck to anyone else having to use this as bowel prep , hope you manage to tolerate the Moviprep"

guitarman June 13, 2019

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I was told to take my first dosage at 4:00p.m. today. I was finished with it by 4:45p.m. the taste wasn't as bad to me as some say. But, I have to take supplements for low sodium, so I'm used to salty and strange tastes. But, here it is 7:15p.m. and nothing. Starting my 2nd dosage at 3:00a.m. hopefully will go better."