User Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

Also known as: Clenz-Lyte, Co-Lav, Colonic Lavage Solution, Colyte, GaviLyte-C, GaviLyte-G, GaviLyte-H, GaviLyte-N, Go-Evac, GoLYTELY, MoviPrep, NuLYTELY, PEG-3350 with Electolytes, Suclear, TriLyte

Learn more about Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes.

Constipation, Chronic 10 reviews 30 medications

8.8
Bowel Preparation 293 reviews 115 medications

Gastrointestinal Decontamination 4 reviews 44 medications

Summary of Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes reviews 307 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I was absolutely dreading taking this. I have a huge fear of having to take any pills, or medicines which is why I won't be having the sedation tomorrow for the colonoscopy - wish me luck. Anyhow I braved it and started taking the first litre at 630. Nothing happened until 8 and I thought it wasn't going to work but now seems to have started :/ Similar experience to others but no cramps thankfully - I'm just going to take the last half glass - its now 8:15. Its fine. I paced it - drank a glass straight down about every 20 minutes and had a full glass of water in between. If I'm not up all night pooping I'll be up all night peeing! It's not bad and you can't taste it if you drink the glass quickly - good luck moviprepers"

willow12 September 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Mixed with chilled lemon (clear) Gatorade in the gallon jug provided by pharmacist. Dosed as told 8 x 8oz glasses ever 15 minutes twice; once early afternoon and once early evening as my colonoscopy is early morning. Total sixxteen 8oz glasses consumed. Would have rated the product a 10 if not for some minor taste/texture issues. It worked for me in 1 hour on both cycles. Last movements 3 hours after dosing produced clear results. I'm ready, hungry and heading to sleep. Drinking some additional water all day to offset possible dehydration not addressed with Gatorade."

NeilTHEM September 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Took a liter at 6, started going at at 6:45...mixed with Apple juice, and it wasn't too bad. Had it cold, mixed it warm, (cold tap water, ran through filter). It is 8 now and I've had 3 movements...WOW...its like the space shuttle taking off..!! I feel like I'm almost done."

Anonymous September 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This is my 2nd colonoscopy in 3 years. The first prep I used made me feel very ill, so I was looking forward to trying movi prep. It took 2 hours from the completion of drinking it, for it to cause any motion. It gave me slight gurgling and cramping, but nothing like when you have stomach virus. I took the 2nd part of it at 2:30 am and it caused me to have motion almost immediately. I was worried that I wouldn't make it to the appointment without having to stop at a bathroom on the way, but I didn't. I was also worried because I never got to the point of clear stools. I told my doctor this when I arrived for the appt. The doctor ended up telling me that she saw everything fine."

Sister Teresa (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Y'all, this stuff is terrible!!! However, I found a way to take it all down without any problems. Have one glass of your gavilyte, and then a separate glass of chicken broth. You can make your chicken broth from chicken bullion. Anyways, breathe deep and drink an 4oz glass all the way without breathing. And then take a big sip of the chicken broth without breathing. I know that this sounds weird, but it works. The only time you'll the nasty is the first sip you take of it. Then the chicken broth will cover it all up bc it's so strong. Hope this helps y'all like it did me!!"

Nellie17 August 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Omg just had my first lot of Moviprep and I feel so sick Nothing yet only gurgling stomach It does say it takes an hour to work Will take 2nd dose tonight "

Anonymous August 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Just finished my seventh 8 ounce glass and threw up a lot. My gag reflex is so bad now, I can't drink the eighth glass. I need to finish the other half of the solution 6 hours prior to my colonoscopy. I'm crying. This stuff is horrible and disgusting. I gagged on the fourth, fifth, and sixth glasses too. I'm dreading the second half of the container. Nothing helps. I've had a colonoscopy before, and the prep wasn't this horrible. Do not let your doctor prescribe this."

CryingSick (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This continues my previous review, why I gave it a 7 when I'd have given it a 1 last night... I have constipation, and it still worked. I had a previous prep that didn't quite do the job even after 2 self administered enemas before going in. Saying that, I was in serious discomfort after the first Liter... my abdomen was huge and hard and hurt and I didn't go to the bathroom for almost 3 hours. So for all you constipated ones, hope you read beforehand... I'd get things moving before this prep and eat what you know will move easier out the other end for a few days beforehand."

super yummy (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "26-uk-So the reason I gave 5 is cause I'm currently taking the 1st L. Disgusting, since 7pm I haven't managed to finish the last 4 glasses as I would just wanna throw up and I really need this medicine to work as I have got a colonoscopy tomorrow. Two months ago I was hospitalized for diverticulitis, so now I really need to get passed this examination, until 9pm I managed to drink almost everything, but didn't have any movement, I thought the solution wouldn't work. Then at 10pm when it hit me ! Still didn't finish to go toilet and like the others said its literally like peeing out of your bum. No unbearable cramps though."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Monday I drank this and it works fine. Love it. Tastes good"

Lovermon August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

GaviLyte-N (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I experienced a 6 pound weight in two days of fasting while taking this prep. It contains too much sodium for me. Today is one day after my colonoscopy and my stomach is still very distended, hard and I am severely constipated."

Humble pie (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "The worst bowel prep I've ever used. I found the solution easier to handle by refrigerating it before drinking. I don't know how anyone could drink it warm. I can't drink large amounts of anything at once so needed to take small sips. EVERY swallow made me want to gag. I am physically unable to vomit, but oh I wished I could. I was nauseated the entire 6 hours of prep. I spent most of the 6 hours (I took part 1 from 6 to 7 PM and part 2 started at 10 PM, finally exiting the bathroom after midnight) in the restroom and thought I'd done well cleaning out my system. Much to my surprise the next morning, I still had dark runny stool. Worse, the DOCTOR reported BAD PREP RESULT with stool remaining so he was NOT ABLE TO SEE WELL. REPEAT"

gailbobk (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Appalling stuff. I had to have this a couple of years ago, had a violent reaction to it and had to be admitted to hospital. I need a CT scan for adhesions, but I'd rather live with the pain than take Moviprep again."

Pollie (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "This stuff is awful! I haven't eaten any solid food today, so I guess taking this on an empty stomach triggered my GERD(acid reflux disease) the fishy after taste was also horrible! I vomiting just as much as I went to the loo! Ugggg! There has to be a better way to cleanse the colon people....cause this is pure torture!!!!"

Pepper25! July 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "So I just turned twenty a few days ago and I'm having an endoscopy and a colonoscopy on the same day. I have to drink this medicine I was suppose to take is at 4 but it took me til six just to down a cup and a half it made me sick and taste so bad I cried while I'm taking it. I just finished a third cup and it's 11:30 at night. The taste is vile. Hasn't affected me yet and EVERYTIME I drink it I feel like I'm going to throw it back up. "

Devan renee (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Was given Moviprep prior to a colonoscopy procedure. I took Picolax solution 5 years ago for my last colonoscopy and Moviprep was much gentler. Horrible taste - you can't get away from that. I took sips and drank the first litre over an hour. If you drink it too quickly, I found it made you feel a bit sick. Also sipping orange juice or some other drink to take the taste away helped. HUGE tip I got was to use Vaseline to stop your bottom feeling raw. Worked a treat. Good luck to all who are having a colonoscopy."

Devonlass July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Gastrointestinal Decontamination: "ok so, the 1st time I drank it, I was like eww this thing is disgusting. Well yea, it tastes like watered down lemonade with a lot of salt. So the instructions say to mix it with lukewarm water. You can mix it then refrigerate it BEFORE you drink the first dose. The only reason why it says to use lukewarm is so that the powder dissolves quicker. Well, I stuck to drinking it lukewarm. It took me 2 hours to drink half of the bottle. I was nauseous, light headed, and wanted to quit. My bf called some of the docs on call for me and told him that I wanted to cancel. He advised us nicely and calmy "you can stop drinking til you feel at ease again. make sure you drink plenty of liquids" 2nd dose isn't as bad a first. drink long sips with a straw."

pandadookie (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "The taste is vile, even mixing it with squash did not help that. It took effect straight away though, but I only managed a pint and a half before I was gagging non-stop. However this could be because I did not drink the required amount of water between doses. Either way they said it cleared me out enough for them to see, so it was not an issue. Kind of hoping the effects will stop soon though, as I have been so many times yesterday and today and I am still in a lot of pain with it"

Amy252525 July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation: "Bloating, very tight abdomen. Didn't run to bathroom as predicted . Runs cleared just on second round of liquid in the morning . Threw up twice . Slept seven hours just fine. One thing I found no one talked about is crazy chills I had. I was shaking . I was sitting wrapped in a blanket and shaking. Thanks to nurses who wrapped me in warm blankets when I arrived at the office . Anyways . Get enough gatorade . I didn't use any straw and was chugging that stuff like a champ. Who cares about prep. My dad was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer at 52. I'm 34 and had precancerous polyps removed . I'll drink this stuff every day if you want as long as I don't have to tell my family I have cancer . Straighten up folks and be grateful."

34year old (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I have taken this at least 5-6 times for the last 10 years. I have had major problems with it since the first time. Causing me MAJOR FATIGUE. The last time I took it was 3 year's ago and I had very severe cramps and not having enough time to get to the bathroom. I went to the hospital and the doctor said it didn't work good enough so he had me go home and do a second round. I went back the next day and did the process with no energy. I had to do it last night and it was even worse than the other times. I was gagging it down and up all night with severe cramps. I tried the second dose in the morning and I just about started throwing up so I called the office and they said to stop. Once the doctor was done he said it didn't evacuate enough"

NH Grampa (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "38yrs old. I had a colonoscopy (my 4th) two and a half weeks ago and thought the moviprep was quite vile with it's lemon taste. I think I prefer the previous salt tasting solutions. The taste and prep weren't the problem though. On the morning of my colonoscopy my bowel movement appeared "clear", however when I saw the doctor after he said the prep "wasn't great". I took it exactly as directed and am concerned that the quality isn't as good as the previous preparations I've used. Having worked in theatre for colonoscopies I know how important a good prep is and was extremely disappointed in the effect of this one. The worst thing however is that I've had severe abdominal cramps with horrific diarrhea since, with only 3 day reprieve."

Julie1978 June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I wouldn't normally review this type of thing, but I had read every horror story on the internet before I took it. It didn't taste "good" and everyone is different, but it was nowhere near as awful as I expected. This is not medical advice, but as other people have suggested: 1. chill it so it's cold when you drink it 2. use a straw 3. As per my doctor, I rinsed my mouth between glasses with ginger ale 4. Based on what I'd read, I ate a low residue diet for the 4 days before (toast, bananas, jello, yogurt, applesauce) and was done with the process in 3 hours. 5. Do some stretches to move your stomach around. My problem turned out to be revealed thru the endoscopy, not colonoscopy. But this wasn't among my top 25 worst experiences in life"

Just wasn't that bad (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

PEG-3350 with Electolytes (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "2nd time having a colonoscopy first time a breeze from beginning to end, even drinking the prep (TRILYTE) NO PROBLEM. Flush lasted only hours. This time the prep was PEG-3350 with Electolytes, horrible. Why? Flavored unnecessary, very heavy the combination made me nauseous, bloating, distended belly. I was RUNNING 2 the bathroom 2 days later, my stomach has never stop rumbling and growling. I have little to no appetite. Took the prep on Tuesday today is Friday and I still feel ill."

Bad prep June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

GoLYTELY (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "Had to do my prep before the doctor had to go mining. I chose the unflavored. Used water at room temperature. I would recommend this. Taste a little like salty water. Don't refrigerate it or you will get the chills. It will clean you out! I felt great, I believe, from the Go Lytly alone. Felt great getting the pipes cleaned."

Chkellball June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: "I was well impressed with this laxative - completely emptied me - 14 visits to the toilet after the first dose - and a friend of mine also had the same - 12 movements"

toejobbob (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2017