User Reviews for Cylert

ADHD 7 reviews 36 medications

9.1
Summary of Cylert reviews 7 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Cylert

For ADHD "Wish it was still available. I miss being able to function like a 'normal' adult. Dexedrine, Ritalin, Adderall, Concerta, Strattera, Wellbutrin - none of these worked. some lessened appetite, some turned me into a zombie. Cylert worked - yes some side effects, mainly tourettes-like, but in order to function normally? I'll gladly cluck like a chicken randomly to concentrate (that was my side effect). Life without is back to my reality - oh, look, a doorknob. I wonder how it works? I bet it's some sort of cam mechanism that operates via - oh, look, a wireless transceiver, I wonder if it is in the 2.4 Ghz spectrum or if it is - oh look, a wireless mouse, I wonder if it operates via bluetooth or is on the same 2.4 Ghz spectrum as the - oh look......."

ADHD kid with two May 5, 2015

For ADHD "I took this medicine from the mid 70's until it was banned in the US in 2005. There is no other medicine like it that I have found. A very small dose each day kept me focused and improved my memory and mood. It never affected my appetite nor kept me awake at night and there was none of the emotional roller-coaster effect I find with every other medicine I have tried since."

SaturnSighed January 29, 2015

For ADHD "Its noz good as adderoll"

jamiehhhh1267$31)0" & 6 December 7, 2014

For ADHD "This was my best ADHD med by far. My doctor quit prescribing it when the liver problems emerged years ago. I didn't know it was still available. Hmmm."

Greenjeans98 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 31, 2013

For ADHD "I started on Cylert in 1990 and my brain activity took off. I was concentrating better, I wasn't as nervous as I used to be. I stopped taking it because my doctor moved from one location to out of state. I figured I'd give it a try without it. I went back on it in 1998 for a period of time and felt as I did back in the early 1990s. I now cannot get it because of hepatic problems, but I am willing to keep taking it because it is and was the best ADD medication I have ever had. I am very upset and sorry for all of us who do not use it anymore and there are no more alternatives closest to Cylert. Maybe one day there will be, but until then, with all of the medications I have tried, my mind will continue to spin and constantly be on run."

Wjam (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 19, 2013

For ADHD "Doctors would often laugh when they heard which medication I was taking for ADHD: Cylert, I was on a "kid dosage": 37.5 mg, 1 in the morning. I was diagnosed with Attention Deficit as a young adult. I'd struggled my whole life with social anxiety, depression, impulsiveness, inability to remain in stable relationships. Maintained a good GPA through my Junior year in University and couldn't tolerate one more year. I'd always been creative and quickly learned what interested me. I was shocked when Cylert was blackboxed. My liver function was fine and I had a normal sex drive. After decades of demanding high-tech jobs, one day Cylert just quit working. Ritalin..finally Adderall. Both killed my sex drive. BUT I could focus! Switching to Dexedrine ER."

5yroldmind September 13, 2010

For ADHD "I took this for about a year, about 10 years ago, and I still think it was one of the best ADHD drugs I ever took. I remember many of my nervous behaviors were significantly decreased. For once, I had enough fingernails to actually need a nail clipper! I actually had less trouble falling asleep at night, and don't recall any problems with appetite. I did have some moodiness, but I'm not sure whether it was the drug, or pre-existing depression. Another plus is it's not schedule II, so you don't have to try and remember to get your prescription every single month. "

Freakazoid_Weirdos_Unite! October 1, 2008