User Reviews for Palbociclib to treat Breast Cancer, Metastatic

Also known as: Ibrance

Palbociclib Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 46 medications used in the treatment of Breast Cancer, Metastatic.

Reviews for Palbociclib

Montana · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 16, 2020

Ibrance (palbociclib): “I have hormones receptor positive and HER2 gene negative stage 4 breast cancer and started ibrance February 2020. So far, I really like how it is working for me. When I first started my WBC dropped very low but then my oncologist switched me to the lower dose and my WBC does a lot better. At my last appointment in June 2020 my cancer markers have dropped a lot since February and my breast cancer has even shrunk quit a bit. I am very happy with this medication. I also take fulvestrant once a month.”

One in a million · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 10, 2020

Ibrance (palbociclib): “Diagnosed Stage 4 breast cancer invasive ductal hormone receptor positive HER2 negative metastatic to bone in 2016. After mastectomy/ lymphodectomy was treated with radiation and hormone treatment. Tamoxifen, letrozole had side effects did very well on anastrazole until scan in spring 2019 suggested more cancer in lymphatic system. Started Ibrance 21 day on 7 off and fulvestrant monthly. No obvious cancer after 6 months and now a year!! No cancer!!! Some side effects but definitely mild.”

Dottir · Taken for less than 1 month February 9, 2020

Ibrance (palbociclib): “My mother got two injections and one capsule on the neglected line of informed consent. She felt nauseous, light headed, lost hair and above all her leg function was hampered. After a "clean" MRI scan without metastasis, ok red blood cell levels and white blood cell levels she got scanned after one month with severe pressure in her spine and dysfunctional legs and had bone cancer, severely declined red and white blood cells and ruptures in her liver. Not saying it was this "medicine" because I don't know. She lived 6 months...I can be angry but that doesn't bring her back.”

Nick · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 9, 2020

“I was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer 4 months ago which has spread to my lungs.I was put on palbociclib and letrozole along side a monthly Injection. I felt so poorly and wasn't getting any quality of life. My 1st scan showed it had shrunk but at stage 4 I know it will never go away. I made the decision to come off palbociclib. I also wanted to come off the letrozole but the oncologist recommended I stay on the letrozole because the cancer could spread quicker so I felt I had no choice but to stay on the letrazole. I have terrible pains in my legs and my fingers .I'm now worried now I've come off the palbociclib if it is going to shorten my life”

Chloe · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 24, 2020

Ibrance (palbociclib): “I am finishing up my 8th round of Ibrance this week for breast cancer. So far, I'm progression free. I've had very few side effects and feel pretty good. Happy to have had this option.”

KDESI · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 14, 2020

Ibrance (palbociclib): “I began taking Ibrance, Faslodex and Zometa in Febraury 2019. Since then I have had three CT Scans. The CT Scans have shown marked reduction. I have had few side effects if any. This drug was designed to give cancer patients like me more time. I am privately insured. The Pfizer program pays for my out of pocket cost each month.”

Farah from Tehran/Iran · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 28, 2019

“For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "My metastatic breast cancer appeared in my Sacral bone 6 years after successful treatments for stage 2 bc. I’ve been on Ibrance 125 , Aromasin, and xgeva and 19 rounds of radiation. Due to Iranian sanctions, we use this Palbocicilibe (Ibrance) drug, which is produced in Iran ,. After 4 months of treatment, tumor marker has been decreased from 540 to 64. and i must use Ibrance for 2 years. Of course I have problems ( Side effect),specially in my mouth, it hurts on my gum and blisters but I thank my god and my oncologist and these drugs can work wonderful. I wish all patients a complete recovery. 10”

Imafighter · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 22, 2019

“My metastatic breast cancer appeared in my spine and hip bone 8 years after successful treatments for stage 1 bc. I’ve been on Ibrance, letrezole, and xgeva after an initial round of radiation. After 5 months of treatment, I was in remission. Have now been in remission almost 3 years. Taking the same drug program the whole time. I have tolerated the drugs well. Only recently started to see hair damage. Always take drugs after eating so no stomach problems. Occasionally a bit tired, but mostly feel good. Low white cells means I’m very careful about exposure to germs. Swab down my airline seat with antibacterial wipes when flying. So far, so good. These drugs can work very well.”

Gigi · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 14, 2019

Ibrance (palbociclib): “Powerful.”

Carol Sue November 28, 2019

Ibrance (palbociclib): “I am dying. Ibrance worked for about 12 months. All my good blood cells have died and left my immune system defenceless. I wanted to live longer. In the end this harsh drug has rendered me defenceless.”

Lagos boy · Taken for less than 1 month November 22, 2019

“My mother had metastatic breast cancer . It was in her lungs, spine and pelvis. It was also ER/ PR positive and HER negative. We wanted her to have the best treatment. We had to import ibrance for her to use at great cost to us her children. Also she was on letrozole and denosubamb injections for her bones. The ibrance did nothing for her. Within a month , her cancer markers tripled, the cancer spread more, she was having diarrhoea constantly, extreme fatigue, neutropenia, low WBC, low platelet. Within a month of diagnosis of her cancer and using ibrance , she died from septic shock and febrile neutropenia. The drug did not help her. We could still have had more years with her without using the is cursed drug. So so sad and heartbreaking. We were feeding her poison , we just did not not know.”

KT · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 1, 2019

Ibrance (palbociclib): “My Mom has stage 3 BC in April 2015. She has surgery followed by rounds of chemo and radiation therapy. She was put on harmone tablets and in Nov 2018 we learnt that it came to lungs after she had persistence cough. She had biopsy and then had 12 rounds of paclitaxel and then in PET Scan their was great recovery. After then doctor put her on Ibrance with Fulvestrant with too many side effects and after three months it became worse with new lesions in liver and bones. Now she is on oral chemo and just praying. This Ibrance does not Works seems !”

joannie September 24, 2019

“Stage 3 fungating breast cancer with suspicious lung metastasis , I began taking Ibrance alongside Letrozole in May 2019-I was warned about the side effects and neutropenia in which I have had problems with a little but oncology have reduced my meds from 125mgs to 75mgs now and I am doing great, only a few manageable side effects, blurred vision, exhaustion , hair shredding but all in all this is a good medication and my cancer markers have been reduced from 960 to 235, very happy for now.”

kelly · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 22, 2019

Ibrance (palbociclib): “On Ibrance overall, sick feelings, loss appetite. Twenty eight days on then seven days off. Horrible did not help lesions, I had horrible hot flashes, list endless. ”

Kdesi · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 29, 2019

Ibrance (palbociclib): “I was diagnosed with mac Feb 13,2019. I began Ibrance a few weeks later. My CAT scan in early May showed the tumors had shrunk by 1/2!”

Bay · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 22, 2019

Ibrance (palbociclib): “Found out I had metastasized breast cancer in September 2018. Started my Ibrance treatment along with tamoxifen October 2018. I had a tumor in my right breast 2cm. With the cancer spreading to my Right (armpit four small tumor ) and a pea size tumor in my throat area. I just had my PET scan this month April 2019. The tumor in my right breast is almost gone. I only have one area under my armpit showing signs of cancer not four. And the one that is in my throat is only half the size it was before. The medication is working!!!!! Praise god. When I first started taking it food tasted weird but now everything is fine. You may be a little tired but you will get energy eventually stay busy stay focus. Please stay positive ”

Keri March 9, 2019

Ibrance (palbociclib): “I went on it for one cycle with letrozole. Immediately I felt so awful like I had been poisoned. All my lab work became really horrible. I was so weak and sick I could barely move. I had to skip many doses because I was so sick. And then found out the cancer progressed crazy fast in the less than three weeks on it. It took me many months to recover. I feel like I have PTSD from being on that drug. And with the side effects being so horrendous I stopped the letrozole during the first week because the hormonal side effects on top of the toxic poisoned feelings on Ibrance weren't helping things at all. So far I've done about a dozen metastatic breast cancer treatments since diagnosis in 2011, and that was the scariest and most dangerous treatment ever. We need some real treatments that aren't destroying people. My mom's friend died during her first cycle of Ibrance from organ failure. They're still trying to figure out what happened.”

Ht2ma2 February 17, 2019

Ibrance (palbociclib): “I was originally diagnosed in the fall of 2003 with Stage 4 Metastatic Breast cancer (hormone receptive) that was also evident in my liver. My new "Doc" prescribed chemo & radiation after which I was prescribed Arimidex which lasted for 11 years (I elected to not have surgery to remove the culprit breast). Then, a small suspicious lesion appeared on said breast that, when biopsied, was diagnosed as positive non hormone receptive & my Doc recommended removal. Shortly after surgery, my Doc retired. Results were not good afterwards but, after finding a new Doc quite some time later, he prescribed Exemestane &, later, Ibrance. Over a year after adding Ibrance, I feel great with minimal side affects & good numbers. Just wish I could qualify for financial assistance (self employed & all assistance I've found so far only considers gross income, not net, :-( , totally not fair).”

Thankful · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 26, 2018

Ibrance (palbociclib): “I was Diagnosed 9/2017 Stage 4 Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma E+/P+ HER2- (spread to my adrenal glands, lymph nodes and Bones:spine, tailbone, sciatica, sacrum, ankles, wrists, & neck) Did 10 rounds radiation and lots of Chemo. Radiation made my port go septic and gave me radiation pneumonitis putting me in the hospital for 17 days...I thought this was it, I was going down. The Chemo is really hard to go through. All us warriors know that. Tons of effects. Then I went on IBRANCE...Had to adjust my dosage from 125mg to 100mg because of going neutropenia. The 100mg seems to be working. I am so thankful! I had PET SCANS before treatment and just did another after a year and one month of Radiation, Chemo, and now Ibrance taken with letrozole I am in Remission!”

Nick · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 14, 2018

Ibrance (palbociclib): “The wife is battling from Stage 4 Metastic Breast cancer. Doc put her on Ibrance and Faslodex after chemo was no longer effective August of 2017. It made things worse so that by September she was bed ridden and she passed away 11/29/17. Now I have read articles that this miracle drug from Pfizer was no more effective than a placebo after a year on the market. Shame on you Pfizer for putting a drug out there under false pretences and makes one wonder if your highly touted controlled testing was not factual to sell an over priced underperforming drug.”

Kitty · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 12, 2018

“Was on palbociclib and faslodex for 4 months. Started off with the highest dose which caused big red plaques on my legs. Stopped for 1 month and went on a lower dose for 3 months. No other serious side effects. Markers went down for 1 month, then I started having sharp pains in my bones that moved location. My tumor markers tripled. From experience I know these are signs of the cancer spreading. When I confronted my oncologist with this her reply was not to worry, it's only a flare. In the 4th month we did a PET scan. Till then the mets had only been in my bones and were manageable. Now the scan showed massive spread in the bones and worse, in the liver. I should have taken myself off the palbocilib like other people here have done. But I had such trust in my oncologist that it never crossed my mind. I am still not out of the damage the palbo caused, but now I get a second opinion and if a treatment isn't working I stop. The onc industry may not like it but it's my life and my body.”

Fighter · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 10, 2018

“I was taking care of my husband and missed my mammogram. By the time I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer I had mets all over my spine, ribs, femur and head. I was put on Ibrance and had 2 great years. Tiredness yes, but nothing else. I was able to care for my husband until he died. Almost 2 years. It quit working about the same time and now I am struggling to find something else. I wish I could have it back. I always took it on a full stomach at night. But it was great.”

Dolly · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 17, 2018

Ibrance (palbociclib): “I was diagnosed in 1991 with Inflammatory Beast Cancer with the tumor the size of a grapefruit. Chemo, Radiation, Chemo; told I would soon die. Miraculously survived. 26 years later I was diagnosed with 13 breast cancer tumors in spine, uterus, chest, by skull. Radiation, Ibrance. 2 months ago my PET scan showed all 13 have disappeared. No side effects (that I know of) from Ibrance except for an awful taste in my mouth. Just awful. Thankful to be alive but wish I could taste just one thing normally again. I'm frustrated. Only thing that tastes "not bad" is ice cream.”

Teresa · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 23, 2018

Ibrance (palbociclib): “Diagnosed breast cancer 1/28/16 metastatic, spine and ilia crest, 3/14/16. Started Ibrance/Letrozole in April. After 24 cycles I am NEAD and original tumor is not showing on PET scans. Recently talked to a woman that was starting cycle 37 so I am extremely optimistic for the future. Side effects are manageable. Wish everyone was this lucky.”

Vimacolola55 February 10, 2018

Ibrance (palbociclib): “My oncologist says it is working. How can that be as I have now 3 new masses In the chest?!!! Next Tuesday I will have a biopsy of these 3 new masses.”

Learn more about Breast Cancer, Metastatic