User Reviews for Palbociclib

2.5

Summary of Palbociclib reviews 6.3 41 reviews

Reviews for Palbociclib

Kdesi · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 29, 2019

Ibrance (palbociclib) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "I was diagnosed with mac Feb 13,2019. I began Ibrance a few weeks later. My CAT scan in early May showed the tumors had shrunk by 1/2!"

Jukebox's wife July 11, 2019

Ibrance (palbociclib) for Liposarcoma: "My husband started taking Ibrance 100mg yesterday, July 10, 2019 around 11:30a.m.. Within a few minutes his face was numb. We ate lunch, he said the pork chop wasn't good and tasted funny. The numbness ended up covering his body head to toe, and he felt stoned. He looked stoned, like he wanted to sleep, this lasted all day. We went to bed around 11p.m. and it was starting to wear off, then during the night he felt like he had pins and needles all over, and said it hurt. He also had chills several times throughout the day. He is still sleeping this morning so I'm not sure how he feels. I did contact the doctors office and they said for him not to take anymore today and made an appointment for next Tuesday. They also said when he gets up if he still has numbness to go to the ER, if not he can stay home but no more Ibrance until he comes in. They want to monitor him after he takes it. He doesn't normally take meds so I'm not sure if this is why it affects him in this way."

Bay · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 22, 2019

Ibrance (palbociclib) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "Found out I had metastasized breast cancer in September 2018. Started my Ibrance treatment along with tamoxifen October 2018. I had a tumor in my right breast 2cm. With the cancer spreading to my Right (armpit four small tumor ) and a pea size tumor in my throat area. I just had my PET scan this month April 2019. The tumor in my right breast is almost gone. I only have one area under my armpit showing signs of cancer not four. And the one that is in my throat is only half the size it was before. The medication is working!!!!! Praise god. When I first started taking it food tasted weird but now everything is fine. You may be a little tired but you will get energy eventually stay busy stay focus. Please stay positive "

Keri March 9, 2019

Ibrance (palbociclib) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "I went on it for one cycle with letrozole. Immediately I felt so awful like I had been poisoned. All my lab work became really horrible. I was so weak and sick I could barely move. I had to skip many doses because I was so sick. And then found out the cancer progressed crazy fast in the less than three weeks on it. It took me many months to recover. I feel like I have PTSD from being on that drug. And with the side effects being so horrendous I stopped the letrozole during the first week because the hormonal side effects on top of the toxic poisoned feelings on Ibrance weren't helping things at all. So far I've done about a dozen metastatic breast cancer treatments since diagnosis in 2011, and that was the scariest and most dangerous treatment ever. We need some real treatments that aren't destroying people. My mom's friend died during her first cycle of Ibrance from organ failure. They're still trying to figure out what happened."

Ht2ma2 February 17, 2019

Ibrance (palbociclib) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "I was originally diagnosed in the fall of 2003 with Stage 4 Metastatic Breast cancer (hormone receptive) that was also evident in my liver. My new "Doc" prescribed chemo & radiation after which I was prescribed Arimidex which lasted for 11 years (I elected to not have surgery to remove the culprit breast). Then, a small suspicious lesion appeared on said breast that, when biopsied, was diagnosed as positive non hormone receptive & my Doc recommended removal. Shortly after surgery, my Doc retired. Results were not good afterwards but, after finding a new Doc quite some time later, he prescribed Exemestane &, later, Ibrance. Over a year after adding Ibrance, I feel great with minimal side affects & good numbers. Just wish I could qualify for financial assistance (self employed & all assistance I've found so far only considers gross income, not net, :-( , totally not fair)."

Thankful · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 26, 2018

Ibrance (palbociclib) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "I was Diagnosed 9/2017 Stage 4 Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma E+/P+ HER2- (spread to my adrenal glands, lymph nodes and Bones:spine, tailbone, sciatica, sacrum, ankles, wrists, & neck) Did 10 rounds radiation and lots of Chemo. Radiation made my port go septic and gave me radiation pneumonitis putting me in the hospital for 17 days...I thought this was it, I was going down. The Chemo is really hard to go through. All us warriors know that. Tons of effects. Then I went on IBRANCE...Had to adjust my dosage from 125mg to 100mg because of going neutropenia. The 100mg seems to be working. I am so thankful! I had PET SCANS before treatment and just did another after a year and one month of Radiation, Chemo, and now Ibrance taken with letrozole I am in Remission!"

Nick · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 14, 2018

Ibrance (palbociclib) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "The wife is battling from Stage 4 Metastic Breast cancer. Doc put her on Ibrance and Faslodex after chemo was no longer effective August of 2017. It made things worse so that by September she was bed ridden and she passed away 11/29/17. Now I have read articles that this miracle drug from Pfizer was no more effective than a placebo after a year on the market. Shame on you Pfizer for putting a drug out there under false pretences and makes one wonder if your highly touted controlled testing was not factual to sell an over priced underperforming drug."

Kitty · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 12, 2018

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "Was on palbociclib and faslodex for 4 months. Started off with the highest dose which caused big red plaques on my legs. Stopped for 1 month and went on a lower dose for 3 months. No other serious side effects. Markers went down for 1 month, then I started having sharp pains in my bones that moved location. My tumor markers tripled. From experience I know these are signs of the cancer spreading. When I confronted my oncologist with this her reply was not to worry, it's only a flare. In the 4th month we did a PET scan. Till then the mets had only been in my bones and were manageable. Now the scan showed massive spread in the bones and worse, in the liver. I should have taken myself off the palbocilib like other people here have done. But I had such trust in my oncologist that it never crossed my mind. I am still not out of the damage the palbo caused, but now I get a second opinion and if a treatment isn't working I stop. The onc industry may not like it but it's my life and my body."

Fighter · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 10, 2018

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "I was taking care of my husband and missed my mammogram. By the time I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer I had mets all over my spine, ribs, femur and head. I was put on Ibrance and had 2 great years. Tiredness yes, but nothing else. I was able to care for my husband until he died. Almost 2 years. It quit working about the same time and now I am struggling to find something else. I wish I could have it back. I always took it on a full stomach at night. But it was great."

Dolly · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 17, 2018

Ibrance (palbociclib) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "I was diagnosed in 1991 with Inflammatory Beast Cancer with the tumor the size of a grapefruit. Chemo, Radiation, Chemo; told I would soon die. Miraculously survived. 26 years later I was diagnosed with 13 breast cancer tumors in spine, uterus, chest, by skull. Radiation, Ibrance. 2 months ago my PET scan showed all 13 have disappeared. No side effects (that I know of) from Ibrance except for an awful taste in my mouth. Just awful. Thankful to be alive but wish I could taste just one thing normally again. I'm frustrated. Only thing that tastes "not bad" is ice cream."

Jackcat · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2018

For Liposarcoma: "I was diagnosed in late January after an extremely large mass was found in stomach. It was biopsied and came back as a lipoma sarcoma. They were unable to remove the whole mass as it’s entwined in the mesentery artery. We were hoping to get me in a study but found out this is so rare that they don’t have enough people in my area(Nashville) to even have a study. I started the Ibrance (off label) this March so no real side effects have arisen. I am extremely depressed and have yeast infection under fat roll lower stomach area so I guess that’s one side effect as well as low WBC count. Can’t find a support group for this as I don’t have breast cancer and this is cureable- we hope- but just wanted to share with those on this drug and pray for those with breast cancer. Thank you for letting me share my story. Laura Cothran 5/1/18"

Teresa · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 23, 2018

Ibrance (palbociclib) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "Diagnosed breast cancer 1/28/16 metastatic, spine and ilia crest, 3/14/16. Started Ibrance/Letrozole in April. After 24 cycles I am NEAD and original tumor is not showing on PET scans. Recently talked to a woman that was starting cycle 37 so I am extremely optimistic for the future. Side effects are manageable. Wish everyone was this lucky."

Vimacolola55 February 10, 2018

Ibrance (palbociclib) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "My oncologist says it is working. How can that be as I have now 3 new masses In the chest?!!! Next Tuesday I will have a biopsy of these 3 new masses."

Socalcargal · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 3, 2018

Ibrance (palbociclib) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "I have been on Ibrance for a few years now, with Fasoldex and Zometa with good results. But I have started taking money from my Roth IRA, and now can't afford the $780 monthly co-pay. I'm also on Medicare (with supplemental insurance) so I can't use the coupons. So it is saving my life, but I can't afford it now. So wrong...."

Mihir Ranjan · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2017

Ibrance (palbociclib) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "My wife aged 63 in June 2017 used one 100mg phial. No effect , platelets Hg falls horribly. Ultimately she expired on 18 th July. This was used with Fulvestrand injection."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 1, 2017

Ibrance (palbociclib) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "Diagnosed MBC February 2014! In breast and sacrum. Started femara only, no progression till October 2015! Spread to two ribs and spine. Started ibrance with femara and scans got better and better until 2 months ago, scan showed no hot spots!! As far as I'm concerned, in remission!!! Side effects, hair loss, no taste, tired all the time, severe hot flashes, shortness of breath, joint pain, but I can live will it all!! Thank you pfizer and everyone involved in the studies who lived and died so I may live longer!"

lostandalone17 July 29, 2017

Ibrance (palbociclib) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "My mother was given this medication by her oncologist. She had been fine until this medication caused her to lose her appetite. She declined so rapidly that she soon passed. The cancer had not had time spread that rapidly. She was 81, she had metastatic breast cancer in the bones. Her Doctor refused to take off the medication until she insisted and she was on tamoxifen for a week. I don't believe she should have ever been put on this medication but her doctor is money hungry. The cancer did not kill my mother negligence did."

Kimba the Lion July 6, 2017

Ibrance (palbociclib) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "I was diagnosed with Stage 2 Breast Cancer in 2010. Then Stage 4 in December 2015. Mets to spine, T-1 at first then & L-1 recently. Taking Ibrance, Faslodex & Xgeva. Overall feeling pretty good & side effects are not bad. PET scans are good & blood work is good as well. Feeling lucky so far but the unknown is very scary! Pzifer has a 10.00 copay plan on their website for anyone taking this drug."

Ray68 June 21, 2017

Ibrance (palbociclib) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "My mom had breast cancer which had spread to her bones, chest lymph nodes, lung, and liver (7x6cm), and we tried every drug in the market for the last year. Nothing worked for us, and the tumor kept growing out of control. We were so desperate for any slim of hope until she started Ibrance with Fulvestrant. Her first blood draw after being on the medication for two weeks showed that her neutrophils counts were to low so she stopped for 2 weeks. She restated at a lower dose and had a CT scan (because she has new symptoms so her Doctor ordered a scan). The results were extremely promising as there's been no new development and all tumors were shrunk by at least 50%. I am hoping it will continue to work for her."

15 yrs later · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 7, 2017

Ibrance (palbociclib) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "I had stage 2 breast cancer in 2002. In 2009 found Mets to spine at T12 vertebrae and has moved to lumbar spine and right hip. Was on zometta, letrozole and am now taking Ibrance and xgeva and fasoldex injections monthly for past year. My last scan showed areas of Mets are smaller, my doctor doesn't think I need any further scans unless I develop other symptoms related to organ mets. I have never had a low white count, however, I have most other side effects. Mouth sores in the beginning, poor appetite, taste and smell issues. Also toe problems it started with last 3 toes both feet tingling and now have neuropathy pretty bad to both feet and now hands. I don't feel great, but I am able to enjoy life and grateful to still be here. I will take any drug to stay alive!"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 31, 2017

Ibrance (palbociclib) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "My mom has been on ibrance for over a year now. She had breast cancer in 2004, came back in 2010, then came back last year at the beginning of 2016 and had spread to her bones and skull. The medication has been wonderful. Definitely side effects but that is expected. Overall there has been little, if any, growth of the cancer. We had no idea how long it would be effective but we are going on 15 months now and she just got head MRI results today and still looks good. She will get pet scan in June or July to assess full body but we are so fortunate. This medication truly has bought us so much extra time with her. I pray everyone has positive effects with the medication. Stay strong and hopeful. There are always new treatments on the horizon."

Jazzqn · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 28, 2017

Ibrance (palbociclib) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "Initial breast cancer stage 2 in 2001 with chemo and radiation. Diagnosed stage 4 with mets to one rib in October 2015. One year on zometa with letrozole and ibrance for nearly two years. No serious side effects and my tumor marker went from 220 to 83. No trouble with blood cell counts. Some tiredness and nausea. Small meals and lots of water help. Ibrance is now covered by Medicaid. With this leadership in charge, who knows what will happen to me. I can't afford it on income of $2,000 a month. Eek."

Nelly2 May 9, 2017

Ibrance (palbociclib) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "Diagnose with Mets to lung and bones. Aggressive chemo worked for eight months and then I was moved to Femara and Ibrance. Had to pay for the drug out of pocket because I'm not insured and cost us a king's ransom. This money could and should have been better spent. Ibrance wiped out my immune system and spread my cancer. After two months I complained about breathlessness but my oncologist assumed that we should give it some more time to work because of the promotional reviews and propaganda by Pfizer. I hate how pharma industry is devouring our savings. They should not overrate their products and misguide oncologists. I don't know how they report results. I doubt that I will ever be counted among the failed cases. Very angry & disappointed."

MetsGirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 21, 2017

Ibrance (palbociclib) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "I've been taking Ibrance for 6 months for mets to bones, lung and abdomen. I also take Femara daily and have a monthly Zometa infusion. First month my tumor markers went up, eeek, but since have steadily shown a downward trend. Recent PET scan compared to one prior to beginning Ibrance shows remarkable improvement and no new evidence of disease. Side effects are there but I'll take them in order to get a chance to live longer."

Cleok74 · Taken for less than 1 month April 18, 2017

Ibrance (palbociclib) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "My mother has stage 4 breast cancer with metastatic bone lesions... oncologist put her on ibrance but she developed neutropenia (low white cell count) and caught viral pneumonia! She has had nausea and diarrhea for past 3 weeks and we are sitting in ER right now... tried all anti-nausea meds and none have worked. It was a cascading effect of Ibrance and so she decided she is off all pills! Oncologist washed his hands of her when she said no more Ibrance..."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)