User Reviews for Xenical to treat Obesity

Xenical Rating Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 38 medications used in the treatment of Obesity.

Reviews for Xenical

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 16, 2020

“I started this 4 days ago I had no side affects until day 3 Day 3 I had yellow oily stools and had lost half a kilo over night I am going to continue with the medication and hopefully will loose more weight I am type 2 diabetic and need and want to loose 15 and 20 kilos I have noticed that I have lost my appetite but I am aware of this and still eat I hope everyone goes well and their expectations are met ”

Pandora · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2020

“I have been taking this medicine for 2 weeks. I think I reduced my weight a little, didn't check the weight yet waiting to have a big change. But I have a problem of heart burn after taking this medicine, I didn't see this type of side effect in any of the notes.”

home June 3, 2020

“Hi I started on Xenical 4 days ago I had one bad day with my stomach and oily farts, but now I feel that my body is getting used to them now but I do find that i am very hungry in the evening . If anyone has any tips i would be grateful”

Destiny · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 11, 2020

“Well I started Xenical in March last year. I had a couple of months off it as was having bowel problems. Went on my first cruise in November 2019 and I weighed in at 71kgs. I was 91 kgs to begin with. However I feel like it’s not working anymore as I can’t seem to shift those last 5 kgs. I’m also not having oily stools. Anyone experience the same?”

Punter · Taken for less than 1 month October 17, 2019

“When the side effects hits you make sure you are close to a toilet. I weigh 103kgs and am 179cms and 60 years of age. I've had 2 very unfortunate incidents, both on a golf course, one of which resulted in me not making it in time and as a result what a mess. Xenical gives you very little warning of what is about to occur. The orange oily poo is correct. I am also coeliac which may not help my cause either. However, I have lost weight, 1.5kgs in first week. I have decided to discontinue the use of this medicine.”

Shay67 · Taken for less than 1 month August 26, 2019

“I am 115 kilos just started on Xenical I am on the loo constantly? Maybe I shouldn’t drink Cappuccino’s with it ? Anyways I’m staying on it ! Hopefully I loose weight ASAP”

Gurlo · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2019

“25, female, started off at 15st 7lbs or 99kg or 217lbs (I’m 5’7). Originally was looking for a quick fix but realistically when it comes to weight loss there isn’t one. I gained 70lbs in the last 4 years and finally realized how unhappy I was. 20 days in and I have lost 14lbs/6kg. I am strict on my diet, though to be honest haven’t done the recommended exercise. So I can only imagine how much I would have lost in that time. As for the oily orange stools, I haven’t had any uncontrollable accidents, you can see it in the toilet bowl but haven’t had any embarrassing moments as of yet, but I am keeping within the recommended daily allowance of fats. I would recommend Orlistat to anyone who needs a helping hand, I have found that it has made me really determined to make better choices regarding my health and weight. Co workers and family have noticed a difference in my body and I can feel it in my clothes so I’m really happy.”

Chris · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 19, 2019

“When I started taking this drug I was 235lbs and in a matter of 4 weeks, my weight cane down to 220lbs! 15lbs in a month!! I did not even exercise, so imagine how much more is possible if I did. One thing to be careful with is leakage. It makes it easy to leak orange fats when farting, so be careful with that since it’s oily!”

Me · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2019

“10/06/19 I started these no side effects for first 3 days , but 4th day , loose orange stools , but that I can live with that. I am on my 4th day now and lost 6lbs .. can't believe it”

Cridley4 · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2019

“Started taken xenical on Saturday 23 March 2019 weighed in at 95kg it’s now Monday 25 March 2019 and I weighed myself I’m already 94kg I haven’t had any major side effects I’m a bit more gassy than normal my stools have changed to a orange colour but not been caught short I just feel the need to go to the bathroom more often I will add a further review in a week or so to say if any side affects have changed”

Destiny · Taken for less than 1 month March 17, 2019

“I started Xenical 120 just over 2 weeks ago. I only take 2 tablets a day and watch my fat intake. I use an app called My Fitness Pal - where I log everything I eat and it comes up with Carbs, Fat and Protein for everything I eat. I only eat around 1000 calories per day, do not eat chocolates, lollies, chips etc. I do note that my carb intake is sometimes higher than the daily 50% allowed. Could this be stopping me from losing weight? I exercise by doing Aqua Aerobics (high intensity) for an hour at least 4 - 5 days per week. I desperately need to lose around 15kgs but feel that I’m not doing something right. Is 2 weeks too short a time to tell if it’s working? I don’t own scales and have been told to go by my clothes. I have a back injury so cannot walk very far ”

Kentucky, United States · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 3, 2019

“This has been a miracle drug for me! I have tried and failed many times at dieting. I could not lose weight. I am type 1 diabetic, and I just kept packing on the pounds. Finally, at 271 lbs, I asked for help. In the U.S., my insurance would not cover the cost of Xenical. It was going to cost me $600 a month. Fortunately, the clinic has a prescription assistance program, and I am able to get it for $15 a month. I found out real quick what I could eat and what I could not eat. There were a few days spent on the toilet, but I learned to modify my eating. Xenical does not make you jittery or fill you up. It works in your stomach and gut. I went to my weight doctor yesterday, and in three months, I have lost 33 lbs without much effort at all!!! I am now 238 lbs, and do not need to sleep with my sleep apnea machine. I feel great and people comment that even my complexion looks better. I am still taking Xenical, and still losing weight.”

Anonymous November 16, 2018

“I started taking Xenical (Orlistat) almost a week ago. Im 5.3 and currently weigh 162lbs. I gained about 30 pounds after 3 and a half years of using Mirena IUD thats why I started taking Orlistat because nothing was working, it seemed as if my metabolism had been shut. I eat about 1200 calories everyday, I workout 3 days a week and I get around 6000 or more steps a day. So for the first 3 days I had no oily side effects but on the fourth day thats when it really kicked in for me. So far I haven't really lost any weight if anything I've gained about 2 pounds but I'm not sure if that's because I've been working out and my body's retaining more water, I also have my monthly visitor so not quiet sure yet. But I will keep you all updated after 2 weeks.”

Maz · Taken for less than 1 month November 7, 2018

“Ive been with slimming world (SW) for over a year, I lost nearly 15kg (33lb) and still have 15kg to go. My wight lose ground to a stop as I have done so many times before but this time decided not to give up. I'm using xenical along with SW and lost 2kg in my first week. I have not had any of the side effects but SW is low fat anyhow. I have underactive thyroid RA and OA. I have had 2 knee and 1 hip replacements, 1 toe fusion 1 trapeziectomy in the last 3 years. Fingers crossed losing the weight will also help my poor joints. I would recommend it along with a low fat low carb diet. It is not a miracle cure but if you help yourself it will give you that little extra boost”

Sam · Taken for less than 1 month October 10, 2018

“I started Xenical two days ago and I've already lost 2 kilos. Yes the side affects aren't the best but I can live with them if this is the results. My pants are already loose on me! I have no experienced any side affects besides loose bowels and oily stools depending on what I eat. It is a little pricey is Australia its about $97 a month but its early days and I feel so much better, I am willing to pay the price!”

Twinkles84 · Taken for less than 1 month August 19, 2018

“I tried this medication years ago but couldn't handle the side effects so I stopped, bad choice. Anyways I started back on this medication 3 days ago haven't ate any fat so I haven't had any side effects and best part is I've lost 6lbs! I find being on this medication is teaching me to eat clean and watch my calorie intake. I have a long ways to go but think I can get there with the help of this medication and exercise.”

Geordoe · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 2, 2018

“Started this a month ago. Got weighed today and I've lost half a stone yeah. I did get the orange leakage but am used to it now and eat better to stop it happening”

Cat1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 17, 2018

“I've been on this medicine and only lost 1 pound - gutted”

Sssmarks · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 28, 2018

“I put on a heap of weight after being incorrectly prescribed an anti-depressant. I have come off the anti-depressant but needed to lose the 20 kilos I put on whilst on it. Started taking Xenical around 6 months ago, take it most days and have lost 15-17kilos. I'll take it for another 3 months to lose the rest and get back to my goal weight. Be careful of loose stools but otherwise it's great and little side effects.”

Jesss 1 February 9, 2018

“I want to try xenical but scared that it might show up in the drug test...Is it possible?”

D8743788899 December 12, 2017

“So I started just over a week ago, if you eat something high fat you get major tummy troubles. But if you stick to low fat things it’s brilliant. I am on it due to an under active thyroid hindering my weight loss with weight watchers. I have a lot to loose, last week I was 167.6kg 1 weeks later I’m 162.5. So in 1 week I've lost 5kg! Amazing, I will be sticking with them. They also encourage me to make sensible choices in my diet. The only side effects I've had other than the upset tummy’s are burping a lot and loss of appetite, both of which I can live with.”

Didge · Taken for less than 1 month December 12, 2017

“I starting taking xenical a week ago at 83.2kgs Jumped on scales today and down to 81.2 can't believe it. I have had the orange oily motions only in the mornings and can't fart in bed in case of accident happening. But apart from that no other side effects. Might start multi vitamin at night as I'm a shift worker before bed just to give me a bit more energy. Got 3 months supply but hopping can keep going for another 3 months after wanting to get down to 65.”

Spaceboy · Taken for less than 1 month November 26, 2017

“I've been taking the drug for around 3 weeks and the weight is literally flying off. What's more unusual is that I'm eating even more rubbish than I normally would. Crisps, ice cream, chocolate etc and the weight is still coming off. Quite unbelievable. Yes I'm having oily stools every day. They come out an orange colour and I'm going 2 or 3 times a day. But I can live with that. Apart from that absolutely no side effects. None. I'm enjoying stepping on the scales every day. I can't wait to refine my diet so it is more healthy and then see how much comes off. This is a miracle drug and can't believe I haven't tried it until now.”

The brunette · Taken for less than 1 month October 25, 2017

“I found xenical while googling weight loss pills in a desperate need to loose weight. My first 3 days I experienced my first side effect but in the 8 days I've been on it I noticed if I don't eat fatty foods I won't get the bad side effects. So I've been on it for 8 days and lost 2 kgs and 5 inches off my waist. Don't know if its me not eating fatty food or the pill but I think its both. Mind you I only take it an hour after dinner. I'm happy with the way its going so far.”

Shakky October 18, 2017

“I was taking xenical around 10 years ago and eat some garlic to treat flu like symptoms. On that day I got very, very sick and vomited badly and had some blood coming out and I was left with blood taste in my mouth for a day or so. People say that we feel what's going on in our body. At the time I felt that I have had some kind of thrombosis inside my stomach and was worrying about something wrong with my pancreas. I told my doctor about this but she said nothing or not further investigation was done. I was very scared and I stopped taking Xenical. I now have strong pain in my stomach and test done shows that I have developed a cavernous transformation due to a blockage in the portal vein close to head of the pancreas.”