User Reviews for Xenical

Learn more about Xenical.

Obesity 79 reviews 62 medications

8.4
Summary of Xenical reviews 79 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Xenical

For Obesity "I've been taking Xenical for over a week now. I am on a low fat, healthy diet and I want to speed the process of losing a few more kilos before my summer holidays. Despite being on a healthy diet I have to say that I've had oily stools and accidents. So far, no major weight loss."

Butterfly x (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I'm wondering if I could use a female period pad to catch the oil leakage at times"

Troyboy1 June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "Well, I've been taking orlistat for 6 days three times a day, already lost 1 kg. Although I have a headache and am slightly constipated, I am happy I have found something that works."

슈슈 (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "Well $200 dollars spent I sure hope this works . I am 230 lbs . My knees hurt constantly so I figured I better do something if I want to be mobile without pain . I will keep you informed on my weight loss if any ."

Marilyn13 May 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I have been using Xenical for 40 days now, lost 18 lbs with minimum exercise. I wish it was a bit cheaper, cause I paid $180 for 90 capsules, but the results are great, so I will continue taking it. I like that Xenical reduced my appetite, however I need to stay home most of the time because I have loose stool mostly everyday. People say to eat low fat diet, but if you eat lots of salads and vegetables, you still will be using washroom a lot."

Ponchik (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "Tried this last year as have widespread oestoarthritis and lost 8 kgs over 6mths -was told I could only take this drug for 6 mths but after not taking it for 4mths have put on 3kgs so have had a new prescription and will aim to have a stronger willpower!! Hate the odour but still love my chocolate!!!"

Bea Gud (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "My family physician prescribed xenical 120mg 7 days back. and I was 90kgwhen I started. I couldn't exercise and my diet was the same as before. I used to have low cal low fat diet for years but nothing happened over years except for gaining weight. This pill is miraculous! I lost 3kg in just 6 days and I didn't have to go through any of those horrible side effects. I only took 2 pills per day. Hope to continue this for 3 months and my target is to reach 58 kg and be sexy again ;) . Fingers crossed!"

Poomigirl (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I weighted 230 pound in 2008 . It work amazing I went down to 160 pounds . It took me 6 months. I took shake for my lunch with fruit and breakfast was oat meal . Dinner was chicken or pasta . Biggest mistake takeing with McDonald's and the oily poop it was gross . Then I started at the gym working out and wearing small clothing again . Now I'm going to try it again with same way I did before and hope to loose my weight 240 pounds just to be healthy again . You learn with the pills I found ."

Christine111 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "This drug works but you need to be aware of the side affects. Though expensive (I'm in Australia, I don't know US prices), it's worth it as long as you eat and excercise properly. As it stops approx 30% of the fat you digest from being broken down, you can lose fat soluble vitamins. My pharmacist suggested using a multi vitamin an hour before my first meal or 2 hours after breakfest so xenical wouldn't stop the vitamins, though talk to someone before listening to this advice. If you eat anything is a high fat content you will probably poop your brains out. While visiting my dad, he made meat pies and I had burning diarrhea all night and the following morning. So don't do that, or if you choose to eat it, just skip the pill for that meal."

Marie994 October 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I started Xenical 30mg yesterday (day1)morning. Low fat diet and do a 50 minute walk once a day and have lost 3kgs at the end of (day2). Also enjoyed 100@% fruit juice with fibre and vitamins. The lows however was I woke up on day 2 feeling drained and low on nutrients. Vitamin supplements at night do help. The defaecation bit has been timeouts and regular. I am pleased with the product and results to date."

Regards August 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I've been using psyllium fiber for several months. But after I suspended from using it my metabolic system seems to require more fiber input. I actually gained weight in a faster rate. Now I'm still taking fiber supplement but it helps only in maintaining my weight. Not anymore on losing some fat (i guess). I'm giving a try with Xenical in my hope to lose for at least 3 kgs. . Good luck to us!"

March Peach August 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "Am in Ghana and I started taking this drug yesterday. I have not had an "oily poop" incidence...in fact no poop at all. But all I have been doing is: passing out extraordinary gasses"

Amma serwaa July 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I started off weighing 220,I'm now 195. I've been losing about 5-6 pounds a month, however, I've not exercised really nor have I changed my diet to a healthy one. I'm going to start walking atleast 30min a day, maybe some weight training and start watching what I eat. I can't wait to see how much faster the weight will come off. You do have to have to be patient with this medicine and DON'T eat high fat foods because you WILL POOP YOURSELF, it's NOT possible to hold it in! It does teach you to eat better though!"

MissyJ1983 July 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "Very slow to see results. Have been on Xenical for 2 weeks. Only lost 1.5kg. Taking Duramine as well. Been going to gym daily for pilates, yoga and circuit. Cut out wine totally..only have whiskey at night. Results seemvslow"

Gem 63 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I find this pill very good I take 3 pills a day, in just a little under month ago I weighed 266lbs and I have now so far lost 17lbs."

leeann:) May 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I started at 72kgs., but after 6 DAYS of taking this pill, I lost 4kgs!!! I am so happy about the progress and I hope this will continue. I am planning take this for about 6 months so I can get back to my normal weight of 42kgs - that was my normal weight before I gave birth. Hopefully, this amazing weight loss would continue. I am trying to avoid oily foods and I have been eating more green leafy vegetables. I think it's working well for me. I'm not being bothered by oily stools anymore since I've been eating less fat and more fiber. Never had any "disturbance" at work as long as I avoid fatty foods at work."

Axia May 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I've been taking this medicine for a week now. No bad side effects other than a bit of wind. If you stick to your diet, there won't be any oil or accidents. Started at 80kg and aiming to get down to 60. Hoping the hard work pays off when I have a weigh in!"

Charlitastic (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "Ok so It played nice with me no side effects nothing well until I had instant noodles it's been three days and I'm still running in and out of toilet I've literally been manufacturing oil in there bright orange it's disgusting I'm never taking noodle for the rest of my life as for my weight I've lost 4kgs in a week I feel great warning stay away from oily foods I learnt the hard way"

Menen April 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "Started this three days ago. Had already begun a low fat diet a few days prior. I've had none of the oil-related side effects, but definitely things are more windy!!! I take one in morning with breakfast and one in evening with evening meal. My lunch is fat free so don't need to take one then. I also have a bowl of high fibre cereal around 8pm which has the dual affect of stopping me eating junk and also the fibre is helping to keep my output firm, if you catch my drift!! Have had a few stomach cramps and generally need the loo within an hour of taking tablet. Put the effort in with diet and exercise, and this seems to definitely minimise the side effects."

BVSG April 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "Started Xenical yesterday and was quite stressed out about the long list of side effects but the reading of your posts reassured me and I am very confident that I will be part of those who won't have none. Gained 40lbs in 3 years because of hypothyroidsm. Tried everything to get rid of them. I'm exercising, gluten free, lactose free, caffeine free, all this by choice not because of intolerence, I'm eating 1 300 cal/day, low fat, lots of veggies, few fruits to keep the carbohydrates low. Felt very sad, hopeless and distressed. My doc proposed this medicine. I'm really looking forward to see how it reacts on me but yet, thank you for your posts... they are reassuring !"

being happy again (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I promised an update so here it is! Just over 3 weeks since I started taking orlistat and I am now a stone (14 lbs) lighter! My clothes feel looser and I'm over the moon! As others have said, this isn't a 'miracle drug', you do have to change your eating habits and get moving. Knowing the (fairly immediate) consequences of having a fatty meal whilst on this medication has really helped me to monitor my intake. I've also found it has helped me eat 3 meals a day, which I have never done in my life, I was always a one meal a day (and junk in between) kind of girl! I've never felt so optimistic about losing weight, and being able to keep it off, thanks to my new found awareness of fat levels in my meals :)"

Serial snacker(2) (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I've been reading some of the reviews on Xenical and I find some of you complain the drug doesn't work. Let me just clear some stuff up for you. If you aren't a calorie limit diet, you still eat whatever you want and you hardly move a muscle then this drug is NOT for you. This isn't a magic pill that will make you lose weight overnight without any effort, you have to make the effort to exercise a little, moderate your food proportion and set a calorie limit every day. Xenical just absorbs the food's fats but it's YOUR JOB to make sure the fat intake is low so you won't have a bad time in the bathroom. 2 weeks ago I weighed 315 and that was my heaviest weight. Today I'm 293 and I already started my weight loss goal before taking Xenical"

Elizabeth. H January 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I started on Mon, it's now Wed, and I'm already 4lb down!After reading up before I started, I planned my low fat menu & I've stuck to it! Day 1-first tablet with a salad at 2pm. 3pm I had the sudden urge, had to wait 30 mins as I was out, and I don't think I could have waited a minute longer! As I had eaten a very healthy lunch, I can only put this down to residual fat in my system from the day(s) before. Since then I've been fine, no side effects. I'm only 3 days in however nothing has EVER stopped me snacking, yet I haven't even wanted to with this. It definitely makes you look at what you are eating to avoid the side effects, which has left me shocked at how much fat I ate before! I will update in a couple of weeks, good luck to you all!"

Serial snacker January 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I have been using xenical since more than 15 days and it is showing very little effect on me. I noticed the oil execretion in the stool for 3 to 4 times during the whole past period. My weight didn't change also. However, I know some people who are using xenical, and they are getting rid of a lot of oil; though they are talking only 1 pil per day; unlike me who is talking a pil with each meal..."

nmallah January 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "Started xenical 6 days ago. As I'm a nightshift worker without bathroom conveniently available all the time I decided to start on days off & with some fat in my diet to see how severe the consequences maybe. Ate cheese salami & crackers and took a pill..thinking the effects would follow soon. Some 12 hours later the oil / fat passed..& for 6 days that has been my experience. I've lost 2.1 kg so far I'm really happy but have been really thirsty. Which is o.k. Not hungry though.."

Gundy (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2015