User Reviews for Xenical

Learn more about Xenical.

Obesity 69 reviews 61 medications

8.4
Summary of Xenical reviews 69 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Xenical

For Obesity "I've been using psyllium fiber for several months. But after I suspended from using it my metabolic system seems to require more fiber input. I actually gained weight in a faster rate. Now I'm still taking fiber supplement but it helps only in maintaining my weight. Not anymore on losing some fat (i guess). I'm giving a try with Xenical in my hope to lose for at least 3 kgs. . Good luck to us!"

March Peach August 22, 2016

For Obesity "Am in Ghana and I started taking this drug yesterday. I have not had an "oily poop" incidence...in fact no poop at all. But all I have been doing is: passing out extraordinary gasses"

Amma serwaa July 20, 2016

For Obesity "I started off weighing 220,I'm now 195. I've been losing about 5-6 pounds a month, however, I've not exercised really nor have I changed my diet to a healthy one. I'm going to start walking atleast 30min a day, maybe some weight training and start watching what I eat. I can't wait to see how much faster the weight will come off. You do have to have to be patient with this medicine and DON'T eat high fat foods because you WILL POOP YOURSELF, it's NOT possible to hold it in! It does teach you to eat better though!"

MissyJ1983 July 17, 2016

For Obesity "Very slow to see results. Have been on Xenical for 2 weeks. Only lost 1.5kg. Taking Duramine as well. Been going to gym daily for pilates, yoga and circuit. Cut out wine totally..only have whiskey at night. Results seemvslow"

Gem 63 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016

For Obesity "I find this pill very good I take 3 pills a day, in just a little under month ago I weighed 266lbs and I have now so far lost 17lbs."

leeann:) May 22, 2016

For Obesity "I started at 72kgs., but after 6 DAYS of taking this pill, I lost 4kgs!!! I am so happy about the progress and I hope this will continue. I am planning take this for about 6 months so I can get back to my normal weight of 42kgs - that was my normal weight before I gave birth. Hopefully, this amazing weight loss would continue. I am trying to avoid oily foods and I have been eating more green leafy vegetables. I think it's working well for me. I'm not being bothered by oily stools anymore since I've been eating less fat and more fiber. Never had any "disturbance" at work as long as I avoid fatty foods at work."

Axia May 4, 2016

For Obesity "I've been taking this medicine for a week now. No bad side effects other than a bit of wind. If you stick to your diet, there won't be any oil or accidents. Started at 80kg and aiming to get down to 60. Hoping the hard work pays off when I have a weigh in!"

Charlitastic (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2016

For Obesity "Ok so It played nice with me no side effects nothing well until I had instant noodles it's been three days and I'm still running in and out of toilet I've literally been manufacturing oil in there bright orange it's disgusting I'm never taking noodle for the rest of my life as for my weight I've lost 4kgs in a week I feel great warning stay away from oily foods I learnt the hard way"

Menen April 15, 2016

For Obesity "Started this three days ago. Had already begun a low fat diet a few days prior. I've had none of the oil-related side effects, but definitely things are more windy!!! I take one in morning with breakfast and one in evening with evening meal. My lunch is fat free so don't need to take one then. I also have a bowl of high fibre cereal around 8pm which has the dual affect of stopping me eating junk and also the fibre is helping to keep my output firm, if you catch my drift!! Have had a few stomach cramps and generally need the loo within an hour of taking tablet. Put the effort in with diet and exercise, and this seems to definitely minimise the side effects."

BVSG April 12, 2016

For Obesity "Started Xenical yesterday and was quite stressed out about the long list of side effects but the reading of your posts reassured me and I am very confident that I will be part of those who won't have none. Gained 40lbs in 3 years because of hypothyroidsm. Tried everything to get rid of them. I'm exercising, gluten free, lactose free, caffeine free, all this by choice not because of intolerence, I'm eating 1 300 cal/day, low fat, lots of veggies, few fruits to keep the carbohydrates low. Felt very sad, hopeless and distressed. My doc proposed this medicine. I'm really looking forward to see how it reacts on me but yet, thank you for your posts... they are reassuring !"

being happy again (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2016

For Obesity "I promised an update so here it is! Just over 3 weeks since I started taking orlistat and I am now a stone (14 lbs) lighter! My clothes feel looser and I'm over the moon! As others have said, this isn't a 'miracle drug', you do have to change your eating habits and get moving. Knowing the (fairly immediate) consequences of having a fatty meal whilst on this medication has really helped me to monitor my intake. I've also found it has helped me eat 3 meals a day, which I have never done in my life, I was always a one meal a day (and junk in between) kind of girl! I've never felt so optimistic about losing weight, and being able to keep it off, thanks to my new found awareness of fat levels in my meals :)"

Serial snacker(2) (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2016

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obesity "I've been reading some of the reviews on Xenical and I find some of you complain the drug doesn't work. Let me just clear some stuff up for you. If you aren't a calorie limit diet, you still eat whatever you want and you hardly move a muscle then this drug is NOT for you. This isn't a magic pill that will make you lose weight overnight without any effort, you have to make the effort to exercise a little, moderate your food proportion and set a calorie limit every day. Xenical just absorbs the food's fats but it's YOUR JOB to make sure the fat intake is low so you won't have a bad time in the bathroom. 2 weeks ago I weighed 315 and that was my heaviest weight. Today I'm 293 and I already started my weight loss goal before taking Xenical"

Elizabeth. H January 31, 2016

For Obesity "I started on Mon, it's now Wed, and I'm already 4lb down!After reading up before I started, I planned my low fat menu & I've stuck to it! Day 1-first tablet with a salad at 2pm. 3pm I had the sudden urge, had to wait 30 mins as I was out, and I don't think I could have waited a minute longer! As I had eaten a very healthy lunch, I can only put this down to residual fat in my system from the day(s) before. Since then I've been fine, no side effects. I'm only 3 days in however nothing has EVER stopped me snacking, yet I haven't even wanted to with this. It definitely makes you look at what you are eating to avoid the side effects, which has left me shocked at how much fat I ate before! I will update in a couple of weeks, good luck to you all!"

Serial snacker January 14, 2016

For Obesity "I have been using xenical since more than 15 days and it is showing very little effect on me. I noticed the oil execretion in the stool for 3 to 4 times during the whole past period. My weight didn't change also. However, I know some people who are using xenical, and they are getting rid of a lot of oil; though they are talking only 1 pil per day; unlike me who is talking a pil with each meal..."

nmallah January 1, 2016

For Obesity "Started xenical 6 days ago. As I'm a nightshift worker without bathroom conveniently available all the time I decided to start on days off & with some fat in my diet to see how severe the consequences maybe. Ate cheese salami & crackers and took a pill..thinking the effects would follow soon. Some 12 hours later the oil / fat passed..& for 6 days that has been my experience. I've lost 2.1 kg so far I'm really happy but have been really thirsty. Which is o.k. Not hungry though.."

Gundy (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2015

For Obesity "When I got out of high school I weighed about 350lbs (25st, 158kg) so my doctor put me on xenical and it worked amazingly. For the first time in my life, I was able to lose weight. I lost 70lbs in about 8 months. It was uncomfortable too, having some sudden needs to use the washroom and leaking oil. But, I saw fatty foods differently and totally changed my eating habits, so I lost another 30lbs on my own. For about 14 years after that I kept around that weight, but gained a lot more recently with lifestyle changes, and started the pills again 2 weeks ago. I'm already down 10lbs, and with a better diet, no bad experiences with the washroom. If you're obese, I highly recommend taking these pills with a good diet and exercise."

Christoph Condo December 8, 2015

For Obesity "These pills are amazing! I've been on them for 3 days and I've lost 7lbs already. My start weight was high - 18.5st :( Only 2 side effects for me, feeling thirsty more often and one urgent trip to the bathroom after salmon."

midnight muncher (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2015

For Obesity "I've been on Xenical/Orlistat for 5 days and have lost 3.1kg (about 6lb)! I'm really, really happy with the results. I've had a gastric band 2 and half years but then gained all the weight (20kg) back when I went on antidepressants (Citalopram), which then made me feel more depressed as no matter what I did the weight just wouldn't budge - which is very common with anti-depressants. I finally quit the meds and noticed I was gaining more weight after. Let's note I did not eat more than a 'fist' portion, as my stomach just cannot physically take it, so it wasn't the food, just my metabolism that basically went on a full year strike. Anyway, I had to turn to Orlistat as a last resort but I am loving it! Finally something's working!!"

nenehh November 14, 2015

For Obesity "I have been taking this for 2 whole wks and haven't lost no weight! Although I have all the side effects "

BettyZ October 19, 2015

For Obesity "I have taken these tablets before and they really helped me on my path to weight loss. The doctor gave me 3 months supply I lost a stone and a half then proceeded to lose a further 2 stone myself over the following 2 years slow but taught me portion and fat control and that was with barely any exercising apart from the odd burst of power walks with friends during summer months. So after just having a baby 3 months ago I lost 2 stone instantly in first 2 weeks but due to the section I'm suffering joint pain and tiredness so unable to exercise properly the doctor has given me orlistat/xenical again. It's my first week weigh in tomorrow and I've already lost 6lb in 6 day's and trust me I've not starved just ate more sensibly."

julietwest October 8, 2015

For Obesity "I've been taking this for just 8 days and it WORKS. I am 5'8 and weighed 79.3 kilos at my height.. when I weighed myself day before yesterday I weighed 77.2 These pills work because they FORCE the fat out of you and if you eat bad food they don't care where you are or what you're doing at that second... you WILL sh** yourself! I have a Fitbit and have been making myself walk back from work 25 mins each day so together with normal days walking also average 5-6 miles. So lost over 2 kilos without a lot of effort in just over a week. These really work. I'll be buying some more until the beer belly that haunted my late twenties is slayed and I can see my abs again! :-)"

Drink too much love burgers (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2015

For Obesity "I've currently been on this medication for only 2 weeks and I have already lost a stone with no side effects due to sticking to a low fat diet but this hasn't stopped me from eating my naughty treats I just now make a homemade healthier version, which if I'm honest I enjoy more there are a lot of healthy options of food out there to trick your mind into thinking something naughty I recently purchased some chicken sausages and they are lovely. Looking forward to continuing my journey on this medication"

bear1987 (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2015

For Obesity "Took it for one month and a half. Didn't lose even one pound! It didn't work for me obviously. I have to say that yes you excrete fat when you eat fatty things and on days where you watch your food choices, it keeps you clean. But either ways, no results for me."

Medya (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2015

For Obesity "I've been taking this for about four days now but haven't changed my diet much. I really don't advise doing this, as I literally just shat myself. But I'm not absorbing as much fat as I would through my diet (which is about to change!) So successful so far :)"

HonestlyFailing (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2015

For Obesity "i have lost over 10 pounds in 2 weeks and have had no problem with them at all... I am sticking to low fat labels and cutting out all the bad stuff, the tablets are great because it gets you in the mindset of knowing that theres consequences if you have a lot of fat."

Pebbles122 August 7, 2015