User Reviews for Orlistat

Also known as: Alli, Xenical

Learn more about Orlistat.

Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease 2 reviews 7 medications

Obesity 173 reviews 62 medications

7.7
Summary of Orlistat reviews 175 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Orlistat

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "Well, let me say that I read through everyone's posts prior to posting. I used ALLI and found it to be exactly as stated. I no longer use this product. Losing weight is about getting off your big butt and making the appropriate choices! MOVE and EAT HEALTHY! I run daily and I make wise food choices for the most part, and when I don't I KNOW that I WILL BE THE ONE to SUFFER! I am the one who pays the price for the choices that I make! Time for people to start taking responsibility for themselves and stop trying to make someone else the scapegoat. If you want to lose the weight, cut back on calories and move your body - that is the key!!!! Come on people, it isn't rocket science! I did it and lost 112 pounds. Not easy but you can do it!"

Onlyme118 September 14, 2016

For Obesity: "Have lost 6.9kg since late May 2016 when I started taking the pills. Take them with almost every meal unless out and don't have them on me. Weight loss slowed down in month 3, but now coming up to 4th weigh in on a week and a half and have added exercise which boosted weight loss immediately. Hoping to have lost at least another 3kg by Christmas, but hopefully more!"

Pcos (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2016

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I started Xenical 30mg yesterday (day1)morning. Low fat diet and do a 50 minute walk once a day and have lost 3kgs at the end of (day2). Also enjoyed 100@% fruit juice with fibre and vitamins. The lows however was I woke up on day 2 feeling drained and low on nutrients. Vitamin supplements at night do help. The defaecation bit has been timeouts and regular. I am pleased with the product and results to date."

Regards August 30, 2016

For Obesity: "Great I lost weight"

Pearlg (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "Worked brilliantly, I cut down my fat intake a week before starting them & continued this whilst on them, I lost 10lb in my first 2 weeks!! Really really pleased with the result & have just ordered my second months supply. You HAVE to reduce you fat intake to stop any unpleasant side effects, I'm now at the point where I don't want to eat high levels of fat because I don't want to suffer the consequences!!! Worked for me!!!"

Gemmie (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I've been using psyllium fiber for several months. But after I suspended from using it my metabolic system seems to require more fiber input. I actually gained weight in a faster rate. Now I'm still taking fiber supplement but it helps only in maintaining my weight. Not anymore on losing some fat (i guess). I'm giving a try with Xenical in my hope to lose for at least 3 kgs. . Good luck to us!"

March Peach August 22, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "Alli was working for me unfortunately I have medications for high blood pressure and seizures and Alli was affecting the absorption of those medications and I had to stop taking it. I loved it though."

JessicaHarp August 12, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I lost 75 pounds when I used Alli. I ate low fat foods like egg whites, low fat yogurt, salads with chicken breasts & low fat dressing, sugar free popcicles, tomato soup, lean turkey, chicken, & turkey. I added salsa, green peppers, onions, & mushrooms to make the food go farther & for taste. Lots of lean protI took one Alli when I ate a meal that contained fat. I also started walking. I walked 3/4 mile at first, then 1 mile, & then 2. If I cheated, it wasn't fun! If I ate a piece of pizza & took an Alli pill, it gave me the oily runs which wasn't fun. That made me not cheat! When I stopped exercising, and not eating right I gained the weight back. It's like any healthy lifestyle, you have to make changes to lose weight!"

1lifetimechange August 5, 2016

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "Am in Ghana and I started taking this drug yesterday. I have not had an "oily poop" incidence...in fact no poop at all. But all I have been doing is: passing out extraordinary gasses"

Amma serwaa July 20, 2016

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I started off weighing 220,I'm now 195. I've been losing about 5-6 pounds a month, however, I've not exercised really nor have I changed my diet to a healthy one. I'm going to start walking atleast 30min a day, maybe some weight training and start watching what I eat. I can't wait to see how much faster the weight will come off. You do have to have to be patient with this medicine and DON'T eat high fat foods because you WILL POOP YOURSELF, it's NOT possible to hold it in! It does teach you to eat better though!"

MissyJ1983 July 17, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I think most people expect changes in body too quickly. I have been on alli for three weeks I am down 4 lbs. I am eating smaller meals and in a consistent exercise plan. I never expected alli to make me rock hard after a month. I plan to use for 2 months to help kick start my second 15 lbs. Alli works if you follow restrictions not going to work with an extremely fat meal. This is supposed to supplement a new life style change. If I only lose 3 to 4 pounds more I will be happy. I am not expecting alli to work after 3rd month. I have 6 more pounds to lose before vacation and another 8 to 10 this year. The lesson is you still need to watch how much you eat. You also need to be active 3 to 4 days a week period. 15 lbs this year and 15 next"

Cheeky soccur star (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2016

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "Very slow to see results. Have been on Xenical for 2 weeks. Only lost 1.5kg. Taking Duramine as well. Been going to gym daily for pilates, yoga and circuit. Cut out wine totally..only have whiskey at night. Results seemvslow"

Gem 63 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016

For Obesity: "The following are the scary details of my experience: 1. Headaches at the top right of my head. 2. Muscle cramps in my calves. 3. Constipation 4. Frequently wanting to urine. The output was about two tablespoons followed by severe tingling in both arms (I tolerated it for 2 days). This #4 item became scary. I came to this website, read the reviews and threw the rest of the pills in the garbage."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) June 27, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "Do not waste your money, I repeat do not waste your money. I have been taking alli over a week now and it has made me bloated and I even gained a pound. Last night was the last straw, as I was washing my hands I had a orange oily accident and this is was so embarrassing it leaked through the shorts and I almost cried. Now I'm stuck with a bottle of capsules and out $70 a complete waste."

Mommyto4 (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I was so excited when i purchase the alli pills I started eating less 3 meals a day and 1 snack and my 3 pills didn't miss a day and I walk 5 times a week 3 in a half miles and no change was so ever I was scare to go on the scale I finally did after taking the pills for 20 days and did not loss not even 1 pound these pills do not work at all . I will not buy them again sorry wastes of my time and money "

Hello 42 (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2016

For Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: "I have fatty liver and was 16st 7lbs. Been on Orlistat for almost 2 months and have lost 1st 7lbs. Totally cut out all the crap and eating healthy now. So used correctly Orlistat really DOES work."

Cupcake51 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2016

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I find this pill very good I take 3 pills a day, in just a little under month ago I weighed 266lbs and I have now so far lost 17lbs."

leeann:) May 22, 2016

For Obesity: "Just on obesity cusp by less than 2lbs was prescribed Orlistat. I got a terrible stomach ache within a week, kept passing out and couldn't eat. My liver levels were tested they came in at 138 liver disease occurs at 110 for a non drinker not good. I could not eat at all for a week the medication I had obviously abruptly discontinued. Eventually I started to improve. In total I lost 7lbs. Unsure as to whether it was Orlistat, starvation or illness through Orlistat. I thought I was going to die, but I have re started the medication in the hope to lose weight. Worth the risk? Only if the obesity is going to result in your death. Weigh up your health issues due to obesity against liver damage to make an informed decision."

Charlotte Betting (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "It does what it says, so 3 stars. If you like orange oil coming out your butt, missing work, and fryer grease farts, then you'll like Alli. I'm thinking, if you don't have a lot of fat in your food, then it might be tolerable, but I'm not willing to find out. "

DudleyDooWrong May 9, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "No side affects don't work they used to be amazing. Have used for 3?weeks waste of time and money !! They should be discontinued its dreadful hardly any medication in each capsule"

Scam (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2016

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I started at 72kgs., but after 6 DAYS of taking this pill, I lost 4kgs!!! I am so happy about the progress and I hope this will continue. I am planning take this for about 6 months so I can get back to my normal weight of 42kgs - that was my normal weight before I gave birth. Hopefully, this amazing weight loss would continue. I am trying to avoid oily foods and I have been eating more green leafy vegetables. I think it's working well for me. I'm not being bothered by oily stools anymore since I've been eating less fat and more fiber. Never had any "disturbance" at work as long as I avoid fatty foods at work."

Axia May 4, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I purchased Alli back in 2009 (Great worked a treat and lost weight) and since I have had two more attempts in 2014, now 2016. The product does not work at all. This time I have been taking for over one week, I have experienced constipation and flatulence. The product was purchased from reputable pharmacies and again i feel I just wasted my hard earned money. I am unsure what has changed. However, I know one thing the product is definitely not the same, I feel like the tablets are duds. No change to my weight, just embarrassing wind, stomach cramps, it makes you feel bunged up. no change to stool what so ever, not even if fatty food is introduced to diet. My advice is do not bother, I wont from now on. Hope this helps :("

hsibbur April 26, 2016

For Obesity: "It worked for me, I am not obese but I am fighting for years to lose 10 punds or not gain more, so, whenever I go on vacation and I stay at all included hotels I use this pills just to balance the oil intake. so, if I go to eat pizza I take the pill, if I eat an oily meal I take the pill, if its December I take the pill. Not daily and not on every meal, just the oily meals. It is just an extra help, that is all."

Michelle 65 k April 26, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I started taking Alli once I plateaued after losing about 12lbs and it has kick started my weight loss again. I am on a daily exercise routine and try to stay very active. My eating habits are not great but not bad. With Alli if you eat too much fat you will have "side effects". With my experience I have had soft stools with oil slicks and oily Flatulence which is unpleasant but a motivation to stop me from eating things I shouldn't be eating. It acts as a consequence to your stupid choices, which I need. After a solid week of taking it 3x a day with each meal I have lost 2 lbs this week. I was stalled for 4 weeks without any loss which is very frustrating! This works, hands down! 30 lb to go."

Sunny_dayz April 16, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "nothing you can lose at all with this pills - only your money ,even with very strict diet"

verina123456789 April 16, 2016