User Reviews for Orlistat

Also known as: Alli, Xenical

Learn more about Orlistat.

Obesity 195 reviews 62 medications

7.7
Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease 3 reviews 7 medications

Summary of Orlistat reviews 198 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Orlistat

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "In the past I used the prescription strength orlistat 120mg and I lost 45-50 pounds, short term, I also used portion control, exercised daily and felt the side affects if I ate something I shouldn't have. Years later Alli was on the shelf after I went to the Dr in need of help to lose the pesky 10-20 pounds and my Dr told me to use alli but double the dose and it is equivalent to prescription strength. So far I am down 6 pounds in 1 1/2 weeks. Alli is only a temporary kickstart to any weight loss plan and is not intended for long term use. It has worked for me. The right way is to get up and move and know your portions and drink plenty of water!!"

Dcharger06 (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I was reading the reviews and could not believe people had so much trouble with oily leakage. It clearly states that you cannot eat high fat foods. If you think you can take Alli and continue eating all kinds of high fat and fried foods, then you will have the oily side effects that are CLEARLY stated in the accompanying literature. Alli works great when taken with a low fat, healthy diet. It helps remove about 1/3 of the fat from the food you eat. I have taken it for a month now along with weight watchers. I have lost 12 lbs. and only had one experience with an oily accident. That was due to the fact that I went to a Mexican restaurant the night before and ate with abandon. I knew better, but I did it anyway and took the Alli pill."

bestie March 27, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity: "All these people moaning about constantly been at the toilet!! That's a bad side effect of you eat lots of fat in your meals, so it's your own fault really.. Eat low calorie diet, that's what it does say!"

Anonymous March 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "Tried this last year as have widespread oestoarthritis and lost 8 kgs over 6mths -was told I could only take this drug for 6 mths but after not taking it for 4mths have put on 3kgs so have had a new prescription and will aim to have a stronger willpower!! Hate the odour but still love my chocolate!!!"

Bea Gud (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: "I don't recommend this medicine for anyone. I stopped taking Alli (which is over the counter orlistat) after experiencing pain in my upper abdomen. This medication causes liver damage!!! I wish someone would have to me. I have seen specialists after specialists to determine what is wrong with me. YOU SHOULDN'T TAKE IT! Also I was diagnosed with h pylori. This bacteria in rare cases causes stomach"

Sally1680 March 1, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity: "I started orlistat one week ago prescribed by my GP for weight loss aid. Last Monday I weighed 15 stone on the button. Today I weigh 14 st and 8 lbs. So approx 6 lbs weight loss in just a week. In honesty I haven't changed my diet that much. I always eat relatively well at work. My breakfast contains little or no fat, my lunch is mainly healthy but I still eat crap in the evenings through boredom. I haven't done any exercise yet but MUST start. I experience the oily stools at least 3-4 times per day. I take 3 tablets per day around 15 minutes after each meal. I did read some reviews that said "the worse you eat, the more you lose" I don't know if this is true I just know that it is different for everyone."

Rickysgirl (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "The side effects were not worth any potential weight loss. I spent way too much time on the toilet. I wasn't even having bowel movements. I would sit there and "oil" for hours. I had accidents, and "oiled" myself with this nasty orange oil. I'd rather be a fat cow than have accidents in my pants."

Scarlet999 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity: "I started taking Orilstat 4 weeks and 2 days ago as advised by my doctor. I have 5kg so far. I exercise 4 times a week, roughly 8 hours in total. The tablets have worked for me. They do have side effects but I was warned by my doctor. Combined with reduced calorie intake and exercise, these tablets work!"

Teniola February 16, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I used Alli for about three weeks . I didn't notice it helping me lose weight faster than I can with a weight watchers program . It did increase my bowel movements. I did have some stomach discomfort and gas. I stopped using it at the end of the third week because I went out to dinner and took my pill with my meal and it made me extremely ILL. Vomiting and Diarrhoea for over eight hours !!! I would not recommend this product to anybody !!! Weight watchers is working out very well for me . Eating healthy and exercise is the only way to go, there is no magic pill!!! I had to find out the hard way !"

Marie72Marie (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I've taken this a few times and it does work, it definitely helps with the low cal diet. And yes u will side effects if u eat high fat foods and take it. But 100 percent it works"

Ready for it again January 26, 2017

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I took Alli when I was 20 years old and lost 60 pounds all of which I was able to maintain for the last 4 years until recently I have gained the 60 pounds back. I'm seriously thinking of taking them again because it motivated me to eat healthy and exercise. It DOES make you go to the restroom if you eat fatty foods but it really helps get your digestive track moving. Like I said I lost 60 pounds within the first 6 months of using it."

victoria.xoxo January 25, 2017

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity: "I started taking Orlistat (Xenical) in November 2015 weighing 16st 13lbs, prescribed by my GP as I was overweight and recently diagnosed with PCOS. I always found it very difficult to lose weight. By February 2016 I had gone down to 12st 12lb making it a loss of 4st 1lb in 4 months. By March 2016 I had lost another stone. I then decided to stop taking orlistat and try to keep the weight off and carry on with my healthy eating. I kept the weight off for around 3 months after stopping medication - gaining 1lb and then losing it again every few weeks. I am now taking Orlistat again as I have gained back 2 stones since my lightest weight (my fault as I have not stuck to a healthy eating plan) and have again lost 7lb in a week. Really happy!"

DanielleeeWxo (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I have been using Alli for a month. I take it three times a day along with exercise about 3 days a week by walking and running. I started out weighing 222 and now I am down to 215 and shrinking. IT WORKS!! I have tried so many weigh loss pills and this is the only one I have used that actually works. At first it worried me to see the oil substance in my stool but I quickly learned it was my body fat residue leaving my body. I feel great and I will continue using the product. My advice is not to rely on any product to loose weight. Use the product but get off your lazy butt and exercise and eat right and by doing so with this product you will achieve results."

HoustonSidney January 18, 2017

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "My family physician prescribed xenical 120mg 7 days back. and I was 90kgwhen I started. I couldn't exercise and my diet was the same as before. I used to have low cal low fat diet for years but nothing happened over years except for gaining weight. This pill is miraculous! I lost 3kg in just 6 days and I didn't have to go through any of those horrible side effects. I only took 2 pills per day. Hope to continue this for 3 months and my target is to reach 58 kg and be sexy again ;) . Fingers crossed!"

Poomigirl (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I weighted 230 pound in 2008 . It work amazing I went down to 160 pounds . It took me 6 months. I took shake for my lunch with fruit and breakfast was oat meal . Dinner was chicken or pasta . Biggest mistake takeing with McDonald's and the oily poop it was gross . Then I started at the gym working out and wearing small clothing again . Now I'm going to try it again with same way I did before and hope to loose my weight 240 pounds just to be healthy again . You learn with the pills I found ."

Christine111 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 6, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "Once again I fell for a product despite knowing better. There is no such thing as a weight loss pill. Nothing. Weight loss comes from modified diet and exercise. There's no magic pill. Not only didn't I lose any weight... I GAINED another 10 lbs. This was a waste of money and I suspect messed with my metabolism in the process. The makers of this placebo should refund all our money. Total con."

Disappointed in Oregon December 30, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "It's feel so good go to eat with no regret and then see all that fat in the water when I go to the bathroom what else I need to say this medication really work. Very happy!"

Jackiepr December 10, 2016

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "Was taking many medications for a condition which caused a lot of weight gain. After weaning off, dr. put me on low cal, low carb diet with a prescription diet aid that worked but scary. I continued ti lose after stopping rx diet pill but then plateaud for a long time and started gaining slowly. Chose Alli to help things start moving along. So far I'm pleased. Psychologicaly, it helps motivate me since I spent money on an FDA approved diet pill. It helps so I can eat meals a little higher in cal than original diet which makes it more sustainable. In 3 days I've lost 3 of the 4lbs I gained back. I exercise almosr daily- for years. Try to make healthy choices and not eat late. Take with lunch and dinner where my fat and calories are a more"

Sofargood (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2016

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I used alli because I wanted to lose weight but needed help with commitment to my diet it's been about a week and I lost 5lbs surprisingly it helped with my bloating and constipation which may also be why I lost 5lbs in a week not looking for a miracle pill just something to help out like a guard rail at the bowling alley you may not get a strike but at least you didn't get a gutter ball lol"

MrsCarter November 7, 2016

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "Nothing - I experienced Nothing. I would Not suggest this product to Anyone. after wasting $64.00 I am so Disappointed"

I took this as directed (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "This product definitely works for me except here are some scary side effects (taken for 3 years) gum deterioration, tooth decay, weakness, fever and chills. Guess who's quitting Alli?"

Love fatty foods (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 26, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity: "I've been using Alli for two weeks. I lost 2 pounds the first week and 2.2 pounds the second week. I'm also doing weight watchers. But I've been doing weight watchers for several weeks without much progress. Not weight watchers fault...all my fault. As soon as I added the Alli, the pounds started coming off...I did not change my diet from the previous weeks. I do make an effort to make good choices...just not always successful. Not to beat a dead horse as I think the side effects have been well documented...but be prepared for them if you eat higher amounts of fat. Besides the uncontrollable expulsion of orange globs of fat....the smell is vile. If you can smell it...so can everyone else."

JLTCRT0971 October 14, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "This drug works but you need to be aware of the side affects. Though expensive (I'm in Australia, I don't know US prices), it's worth it as long as you eat and excercise properly. As it stops approx 30% of the fat you digest from being broken down, you can lose fat soluble vitamins. My pharmacist suggested using a multi vitamin an hour before my first meal or 2 hours after breakfest so xenical wouldn't stop the vitamins, though talk to someone before listening to this advice. If you eat anything is a high fat content you will probably poop your brains out. While visiting my dad, he made meat pies and I had burning diarrhea all night and the following morning. So don't do that, or if you choose to eat it, just skip the pill for that meal."

Marie994 October 6, 2016

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "Well, let me say that I read through everyone's posts prior to posting. I used ALLI and found it to be exactly as stated. I no longer use this product. Losing weight is about getting off your big butt and making the appropriate choices! MOVE and EAT HEALTHY! I run daily and I make wise food choices for the most part, and when I don't I KNOW that I WILL BE THE ONE to SUFFER! I am the one who pays the price for the choices that I make! Time for people to start taking responsibility for themselves and stop trying to make someone else the scapegoat. If you want to lose the weight, cut back on calories and move your body - that is the key!!!! Come on people, it isn't rocket science! I did it and lost 112 pounds. Not easy but you can do it!"

Onlyme118 September 14, 2016

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obesity: "Have lost 6.9kg since late May 2016 when I started taking the pills. Take them with almost every meal unless out and don't have them on me. Weight loss slowed down in month 3, but now coming up to 4th weigh in on a week and a half and have added exercise which boosted weight loss immediately. Hoping to have lost at least another 3kg by Christmas, but hopefully more!"

Pcos (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2016