User Reviews for Orlistat

7.5

Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease

Summary of Orlistat reviews 7.5 276 reviews

Reviews for Orlistat

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I used Alli years ago and it worked awesome, I lost a lot of weight in a relatively short amount of time. They took it off the shelves for a period of time and then reintroduced back to the retailers. I have tried it several times since the Alli has been back on shelves and it is complete garbage, waste of money and time. I could drink a whole bottle of olive oil and have absolutely no effects. What a waste........I meticulously follow the directions and it does not help shed any extra pounds."

Winter (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 19, 2019

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I started Xenical 120 just over 2 weeks ago. I only take 2 tablets a day and watch my fat intake. I use an app called My Fitness Pal - where I log everything I eat and it comes up with Carbs, Fat and Protein for everything I eat. I only eat around 1000 calories per day, do not eat chocolates, lollies, chips etc. I do note that my carb intake is sometimes higher than the daily 50% allowed. Could this be stopping me from losing weight? I exercise by doing Aqua Aerobics (high intensity) for an hour at least 4 - 5 days per week. I desperately need to lose around 15kgs but feel that I’m not doing something right. Is 2 weeks too short a time to tell if it’s working? I don’t own scales and have been told to go by my clothes. I have a back injury so cannot walk very far "

Destiny (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2019

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "This has been a miracle drug for me! I have tried and failed many times at dieting. I could not lose weight. I am type 1 diabetic, and I just kept packing on the pounds. Finally, at 271 lbs, I asked for help. In the U.S., my insurance would not cover the cost of Xenical. It was going to cost me $600 a month. Fortunately, the clinic has a prescription assistance program, and I am able to get it for $15 a month. I found out real quick what I could eat and what I could not eat. There were a few days spent on the toilet, but I learned to modify my eating. Xenical does not make you jittery or fill you up. It works in your stomach and gut. I went to my weight doctor yesterday, and in three months, I have lost 33 lbs without much effort at all!!! I am now 238 lbs, and do not need to sleep with my sleep apnea machine. I feel great and people comment that even my complexion looks better. I am still taking Xenical, and still losing weight."

Kentucky, United States (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2019

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I am not obese, just wanted to lose 20 lbs that I have not had luck shedding over the years. I have been taking Alli for 3 months now and have not lost any weight. It did however, help me from being constipated. If you're having trouble pooping, Alli will help."

Robby (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2019

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I have been taking Alli for 2 weeks I changed my diet started eating healthier and have gained 3 pounds there are times I'm not sure if I will make it to the bathroom in time I go to the bathroom 4 or 5 times a day now and it's mostly yellow oily liquid. I'm throwing them away what a waste of money"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2019

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "These do not work any more like they did back in 2010 .You took out the ingredients that really worked WHY! Friends will definitely know not to but these they don't work .Waste of my money now."

Me (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2019

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "Years ago my doctor put me on Orlistat which worked wonderfully! I was able to easily lose 10-15 pounds in the first month which in turn motivated me to keep going even without the pill. Now years later when the same medication is over the counter it is half the strength as when it first came out. It never seemed to work as good. So this time I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt & take TWO to see if it would work the same way is used to….Needless to say it did NOT! One night while taking the pill out, I placed it on top of my dresser. The light from the bathroom hit it just right and I noticed something. I held the Alli pill up to the light and low and behold it was not even HALF full! You have taken something that actually worked for countless people without any serious side effects and turned it into something worthless! I again have wasted my money on your product when I can get better results from eating half a pack of sugarless gum! Thanks for nothing…."

Angel (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2018

For Obesity: "Began in February 2018 I've lost about 17 lbs. Never give up! You can do it!"

Kymmee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 25, 2018

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I started taking Xenical (Orlistat) almost a week ago. Im 5.3 and currently weigh 162lbs. I gained about 30 pounds after 3 and a half years of using Mirena IUD thats why I started taking Orlistat because nothing was working, it seemed as if my metabolism had been shut. I eat about 1200 calories everyday, I workout 3 days a week and I get around 6000 or more steps a day. So for the first 3 days I had no oily side effects but on the fourth day thats when it really kicked in for me. So far I haven't really lost any weight if anything I've gained about 2 pounds but I'm not sure if that's because I've been working out and my body's retaining more water, I also have my monthly visitor so not quiet sure yet. But I will keep you all updated after 2 weeks."

Anonymous November 16, 2018

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "Ive been with slimming world (SW) for over a year, I lost nearly 15kg (33lb) and still have 15kg to go. My wight lose ground to a stop as I have done so many times before but this time decided not to give up. I'm using xenical along with SW and lost 2kg in my first week. I have not had any of the side effects but SW is low fat anyhow. I have underactive thyroid RA and OA. I have had 2 knee and 1 hip replacements, 1 toe fusion 1 trapeziectomy in the last 3 years. Fingers crossed losing the weight will also help my poor joints. I would recommend it along with a low fat low carb diet. It is not a miracle cure but if you help yourself it will give you that little extra boost"

Maz (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2018

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I started taking Alli 2x a day 10 days ago. I only had 15 pounds that I've been struggling to lose. It's curbed my appetite and I've lost 3 1/2 pounds in 10 days! The only Con if you eat a high fat meal you will be stuck on the toilet tomorrow morning. It will definitely remind you not to do that again. What I love about Alli no jittery diet pill side effects and rapid weight loss."

Tiff (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2018

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I started Xenical two days ago and I've already lost 2 kilos. Yes the side affects aren't the best but I can live with them if this is the results. My pants are already loose on me! I have no experienced any side affects besides loose bowels and oily stools depending on what I eat. It is a little pricey is Australia its about $97 a month but its early days and I feel so much better, I am willing to pay the price!"

Sam (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2018

For Obesity: "Diagnosed with significant osteoarthritis in both knees and Dr decided to give Orlistat a try to help reduce pain quickly. I was extremely wary because of all the horror stories you read online. I have been taking 120mg x 3 per day and in 6 weeks have lost 11kg. I can honestly say that I have not had ANY side effects whatsoever . I have an app on my phone where I record EVERYTHING that I eat and drink. I take photos of EVERYTHING too so I know exactly what I’m eating. I worked on a 1400 calorie per day with no more that 40g of fat over 3 meals and 2 snacks. You have to change the way you think about food, if your serious about losing weight and feeling better then you have to make changes. Orlistat isn’t a wonder drug nor is it going to do all the hard work for you BUT if you change your mindset, move more, and eat a healthy balanced diet you will see amazing results. Well, I have "

Fitzys (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2018

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I started taking Alli the other day. I have had to purchase Poise pads, just in case of an oil gas or stool. I have read nothing but horror stories. But I am just experiencing extra bowel movements in the toilet. Mild stomach cramps. I wear the pads in case of anything due to side effects, but have had nothing at all. Lost weight already. But I am not hungry at all. I tried out the first day on a Sunday in case of adverse side effects. So far....so good. Hopefully this can be my go to for weight management going forward."

Margil (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2018

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I took Alli 11 yrs ago only for less than 2 months and I still have all the side effects. I had my gallbladder removed, diagnosed with liver disease and do not feel like a myself anymore. Do NOT take these pills."

Janile (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2018

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I tried this medication years ago but couldn't handle the side effects so I stopped, bad choice. Anyways I started back on this medication 3 days ago haven't ate any fat so I haven't had any side effects and best part is I've lost 6lbs! I find being on this medication is teaching me to eat clean and watch my calorie intake. I have a long ways to go but think I can get there with the help of this medication and exercise."

Twinkles84 (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2018

For Obesity: "I take orlistat. I have lost 24lb or about 10.8 kg in 6 weeks. I do not exercise. I can drop 9.5lb in a week by eating low fat foods. I do slimming world as well and the combination is good as this is effectively a low fat and low calorie diet. I have not been rigidly dieting I have one easy easy week when I may have a take out but the following week I go at it hard. Yes there have been times when I thought I was going to explode but you don’t get these side effects if you don’t mainline fatty food. I have another 75lb to lose so all hail orlistat!!!!"

Shepnick (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "Started this a month ago. Got weighed today and I've lost half a stone yeah. I did get the orange leakage but am used to it now and eat better to stop it happening"

Geordoe (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2018

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "Alli is a miracle drug. You must eat within normal guidelines to lose weight. I do not recommend binging out on foods because Alli will make you go to bathroom.. a lot! I eat 1200 calories a day, take 4 pills a day and exercise 5-7 days a week. I've been taking these pills for 1 month and lost about 11 pounds..( down 35 total now from 8 months ago) I take them 1 week on and 1 week off to give my body a break so technically 11 pounds taking them 2 weeks.. Definitely recommend"

Vangel (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2018

For Obesity: "Hello,I am on Orlistat since 4 weeks and have lost almost 3 kg without exercising."

Agnieszka July 20, 2018

For Obesity: "I am 18 years old and I got prescribed this to lose weigh.t I did not know anything about this medication and I started taking it 2 times a day I only took it for 1 day because I started leaking out orange oils and I honestly didn’t like it. I had an accident on the second day. I don’t like this side effect. I don’t think this is for me I am going to wait a while to try it again when I start working out and going to he gym and eating health bc right now I’m on vacation and I want to be able to enjoy it without the orange oils"

Calista (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2018

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I've been on this medicine and only lost 1 pound - gutted"

Cat1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2018

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I lost over 20 lbs in 2008 & could only take 1 pill a day & the most was 2 a day & kept it off with just 1 pill a day, without out exercising because of back problems & couldn’t exercise. It was a miracle pill for me because it even helped my acid reflux when nexium & other meds’s didn’t work. But in 2012 when they had a shortage of them here so I started getting the orilast from India instead of the USA but it DOESN’T work. I’ve tried taking 2 pills at each meal & only got greasy stools but didn’t lose not 1 lb. I wasn’t immune to it either because I had to wait almost 6 months or more for it to buy otc again..Even tried the prescription brand as well & no difference..So sad that you can’t buy U.S.A. products anymore!!"

SusieQ June 25, 2018

For Obesity: "I only got prescribed these yesterday (30th May) and took 1 with my tea. This morning the effects have been instant. I've had to wear a pad just from the bowel leakage of yucky oil. My stomach is unsettled and I instantly regretted what I ate with the uneasyness (simple egg on toast). I am hoping these effects means its really effective and that It will work for me if I put the effort in. This isn't going to discourage me, its actually nice to think I'm losing horrible thing's my body doesn't need or want."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

For Obesity: "I start orlistat almost 2 weeks and did lose 6lbs but very very constipated. I'm not sure if was the pill or my IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) acting up again. Once I got that under control now there is lots of rest room time, no leaky stool, or wet farts. I do have lots of cramping and gurgling but it's tolerant. I do walk but have a bad foot..waiting on xrays. I guess I'm going have to do other things not to injure it more."

beep May 20, 2018