User Reviews for Orlistat

Also known as: Alli, Xenical

Learn more about Orlistat.

Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease 2 reviews 7 medications

Obesity 183 reviews 62 medications

7.7
Summary of Orlistat reviews 185 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Orlistat

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "My family physician prescribed xenical 120mg 7 days back. and I was 90kgwhen I started. I couldn't exercise and my diet was the same as before. I used to have low cal low fat diet for years but nothing happened over years except for gaining weight. This pill is miraculous! I lost 3kg in just 6 days and I didn't have to go through any of those horrible side effects. I only took 2 pills per day. Hope to continue this for 3 months and my target is to reach 58 kg and be sexy again ;) . Fingers crossed!"

Poomigirl (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I weighted 230 pound in 2008 . It work amazing I went down to 160 pounds . It took me 6 months. I took shake for my lunch with fruit and breakfast was oat meal . Dinner was chicken or pasta . Biggest mistake takeing with McDonald's and the oily poop it was gross . Then I started at the gym working out and wearing small clothing again . Now I'm going to try it again with same way I did before and hope to loose my weight 240 pounds just to be healthy again . You learn with the pills I found ."

Christine111 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 6, 2017

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "Once again I fell for a product despite knowing better. There is no such thing as a weight loss pill. Nothing. Weight loss comes from modified diet and exercise. There's no magic pill. Not only didn't I lose any weight... I GAINED another 10 lbs. This was a waste of money and I suspect messed with my metabolism in the process. The makers of this placebo should refund all our money. Total con."

Disappointed in Oregon December 30, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "It's feel so good go to eat with no regret and then see all that fat in the water when I go to the bathroom what else I need to say this medication really work. Very happy!"

Jackiepr December 10, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "Was taking many medications for a condition which caused a lot of weight gain. After weaning off, dr. put me on low cal, low carb diet with a prescription diet aid that worked but scary. I continued ti lose after stopping rx diet pill but then plateaud for a long time and started gaining slowly. Chose Alli to help things start moving along. So far I'm pleased. Psychologicaly, it helps motivate me since I spent money on an FDA approved diet pill. It helps so I can eat meals a little higher in cal than original diet which makes it more sustainable. In 3 days I've lost 3 of the 4lbs I gained back. I exercise almosr daily- for years. Try to make healthy choices and not eat late. Take with lunch and dinner where my fat and calories are a more"

Sofargood (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I used alli because I wanted to lose weight but needed help with commitment to my diet it's been about a week and I lost 5lbs surprisingly it helped with my bloating and constipation which may also be why I lost 5lbs in a week not looking for a miracle pill just something to help out like a guard rail at the bowling alley you may not get a strike but at least you didn't get a gutter ball lol"

MrsCarter November 7, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "Nothing - I experienced Nothing. I would Not suggest this product to Anyone. after wasting $64.00 I am so Disappointed"

I took this as directed (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "This product definitely works for me except here are some scary side effects (taken for 3 years) gum deterioration, tooth decay, weakness, fever and chills. Guess who's quitting Alli?"

Love fatty foods (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 26, 2016

For Obesity: "I've been using Alli for two weeks. I lost 2 pounds the first week and 2.2 pounds the second week. I'm also doing weight watchers. But I've been doing weight watchers for several weeks without much progress. Not weight watchers fault...all my fault. As soon as I added the Alli, the pounds started coming off...I did not change my diet from the previous weeks. I do make an effort to make good choices...just not always successful. Not to beat a dead horse as I think the side effects have been well documented...but be prepared for them if you eat higher amounts of fat. Besides the uncontrollable expulsion of orange globs of fat....the smell is vile. If you can smell it...so can everyone else."

JLTCRT0971 October 14, 2016

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "This drug works but you need to be aware of the side affects. Though expensive (I'm in Australia, I don't know US prices), it's worth it as long as you eat and excercise properly. As it stops approx 30% of the fat you digest from being broken down, you can lose fat soluble vitamins. My pharmacist suggested using a multi vitamin an hour before my first meal or 2 hours after breakfest so xenical wouldn't stop the vitamins, though talk to someone before listening to this advice. If you eat anything is a high fat content you will probably poop your brains out. While visiting my dad, he made meat pies and I had burning diarrhea all night and the following morning. So don't do that, or if you choose to eat it, just skip the pill for that meal."

Marie994 October 6, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "Well, let me say that I read through everyone's posts prior to posting. I used ALLI and found it to be exactly as stated. I no longer use this product. Losing weight is about getting off your big butt and making the appropriate choices! MOVE and EAT HEALTHY! I run daily and I make wise food choices for the most part, and when I don't I KNOW that I WILL BE THE ONE to SUFFER! I am the one who pays the price for the choices that I make! Time for people to start taking responsibility for themselves and stop trying to make someone else the scapegoat. If you want to lose the weight, cut back on calories and move your body - that is the key!!!! Come on people, it isn't rocket science! I did it and lost 112 pounds. Not easy but you can do it!"

Onlyme118 September 14, 2016

For Obesity: "Have lost 6.9kg since late May 2016 when I started taking the pills. Take them with almost every meal unless out and don't have them on me. Weight loss slowed down in month 3, but now coming up to 4th weigh in on a week and a half and have added exercise which boosted weight loss immediately. Hoping to have lost at least another 3kg by Christmas, but hopefully more!"

Pcos (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2016

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I started Xenical 30mg yesterday (day1)morning. Low fat diet and do a 50 minute walk once a day and have lost 3kgs at the end of (day2). Also enjoyed 100@% fruit juice with fibre and vitamins. The lows however was I woke up on day 2 feeling drained and low on nutrients. Vitamin supplements at night do help. The defaecation bit has been timeouts and regular. I am pleased with the product and results to date."

Regards August 30, 2016

For Obesity: "Great I lost weight"

Pearlg (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "Worked brilliantly, I cut down my fat intake a week before starting them & continued this whilst on them, I lost 10lb in my first 2 weeks!! Really really pleased with the result & have just ordered my second months supply. You HAVE to reduce you fat intake to stop any unpleasant side effects, I'm now at the point where I don't want to eat high levels of fat because I don't want to suffer the consequences!!! Worked for me!!!"

Gemmie (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I've been using psyllium fiber for several months. But after I suspended from using it my metabolic system seems to require more fiber input. I actually gained weight in a faster rate. Now I'm still taking fiber supplement but it helps only in maintaining my weight. Not anymore on losing some fat (i guess). I'm giving a try with Xenical in my hope to lose for at least 3 kgs. . Good luck to us!"

March Peach August 22, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "Alli was working for me unfortunately I have medications for high blood pressure and seizures and Alli was affecting the absorption of those medications and I had to stop taking it. I loved it though."

JessicaHarp August 12, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I lost 75 pounds when I used Alli. I ate low fat foods like egg whites, low fat yogurt, salads with chicken breasts & low fat dressing, sugar free popcicles, tomato soup, lean turkey, chicken, & turkey. I added salsa, green peppers, onions, & mushrooms to make the food go farther & for taste. Lots of lean protI took one Alli when I ate a meal that contained fat. I also started walking. I walked 3/4 mile at first, then 1 mile, & then 2. If I cheated, it wasn't fun! If I ate a piece of pizza & took an Alli pill, it gave me the oily runs which wasn't fun. That made me not cheat! When I stopped exercising, and not eating right I gained the weight back. It's like any healthy lifestyle, you have to make changes to lose weight!"

1lifetimechange August 5, 2016

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "Am in Ghana and I started taking this drug yesterday. I have not had an "oily poop" incidence...in fact no poop at all. But all I have been doing is: passing out extraordinary gasses"

Amma serwaa July 20, 2016

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I started off weighing 220,I'm now 195. I've been losing about 5-6 pounds a month, however, I've not exercised really nor have I changed my diet to a healthy one. I'm going to start walking atleast 30min a day, maybe some weight training and start watching what I eat. I can't wait to see how much faster the weight will come off. You do have to have to be patient with this medicine and DON'T eat high fat foods because you WILL POOP YOURSELF, it's NOT possible to hold it in! It does teach you to eat better though!"

MissyJ1983 July 17, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I think most people expect changes in body too quickly. I have been on alli for three weeks I am down 4 lbs. I am eating smaller meals and in a consistent exercise plan. I never expected alli to make me rock hard after a month. I plan to use for 2 months to help kick start my second 15 lbs. Alli works if you follow restrictions not going to work with an extremely fat meal. This is supposed to supplement a new life style change. If I only lose 3 to 4 pounds more I will be happy. I am not expecting alli to work after 3rd month. I have 6 more pounds to lose before vacation and another 8 to 10 this year. The lesson is you still need to watch how much you eat. You also need to be active 3 to 4 days a week period. 15 lbs this year and 15 next"

Cheeky soccur star (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2016

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "Very slow to see results. Have been on Xenical for 2 weeks. Only lost 1.5kg. Taking Duramine as well. Been going to gym daily for pilates, yoga and circuit. Cut out wine totally..only have whiskey at night. Results seemvslow"

Gem 63 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016

For Obesity: "The following are the scary details of my experience: 1. Headaches at the top right of my head. 2. Muscle cramps in my calves. 3. Constipation 4. Frequently wanting to urine. The output was about two tablespoons followed by severe tingling in both arms (I tolerated it for 2 days). This #4 item became scary. I came to this website, read the reviews and threw the rest of the pills in the garbage."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) June 27, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "Do not waste your money, I repeat do not waste your money. I have been taking alli over a week now and it has made me bloated and I even gained a pound. Last night was the last straw, as I was washing my hands I had a orange oily accident and this is was so embarrassing it leaked through the shorts and I almost cried. Now I'm stuck with a bottle of capsules and out $70 a complete waste."

Mommyto4 (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2016

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I was so excited when i purchase the alli pills I started eating less 3 meals a day and 1 snack and my 3 pills didn't miss a day and I walk 5 times a week 3 in a half miles and no change was so ever I was scare to go on the scale I finally did after taking the pills for 20 days and did not loss not even 1 pound these pills do not work at all . I will not buy them again sorry wastes of my time and money "

Hello 42 (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2016