User Reviews for Orlistat

7.6

Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease

Summary of Orlistat reviews 7.6 254 reviews

Reviews for Orlistat

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I lost over 20 lbs in 2008 & could only take 1 pill a day & the most was 2 a day & kept it off with just 1 pill a day, without out exercising because of back problems & couldn’t exercise. It was a miracle pill for me because it even helped my acid reflux when nexium & other meds’s didn’t work. But in 2012 when they had a shortage of them here so I started getting the orilast from India instead of the USA but it DOESN’T work. I’ve tried taking 2 pills at each meal & only got greasy stools but didn’t lose not 1 lb. I wasn’t immune to it either because I had to wait almost 6 months or more for it to buy otc again..Even tried the prescription brand as well & no difference..So sad that you can’t buy U.S.A. products anymore!!"

SusieQ June 25, 2018

For Obesity: "I only got prescribed these yesterday (30th May) and took 1 with my tea. This morning the effects have been instant. I've had to wear a pad just from the bowel leakage of yucky oil. My stomach is unsettled and I instantly regretted what I ate with the uneasyness (simple egg on toast). I am hoping these effects means its really effective and that It will work for me if I put the effort in. This isn't going to discourage me, its actually nice to think I'm losing horrible thing's my body doesn't need or want."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

For Obesity: "I start orlistat almost 2 weeks and did lose 6lbs but very very constipated. I'm not sure if was the pill or my IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) acting up again. Once I got that under control now there is lots of rest room time, no leaky stool, or wet farts. I do have lots of cramping and gurgling but it's tolerant. I do walk but have a bad foot..waiting on xrays. I guess I'm going have to do other things not to injure it more."

beep May 20, 2018

For Obesity: "I have an under-active thyroid & an antidepressant that increases appetite & slows your metabolism, so I’ve struggled with my weight for years. I had my 2nd weigh in yesterday, & I’ve lost 17.4lbs (over a stone) in two weeks! I am 24 years old, 5”7 & started at 15.5 stones, I’m now roughly 14.2 stones. This is not from taking Orlistat alone, you NEED to put the effort in yourself. If you are getting the orange stuff in the toilet, that is most likely your fault. I have not been following any particular diet, but I’ve been going to the gym almost everyday & sticking to below 1200 calories. I also cut out red meat & wine. The biggest thing that has helped, & I’m not sure if I read the advice on here or not, is stick to below 15g of fat per meal. I’ve had no accidents whatsoever (so far) with Orlistat, & I believe that’s down to following a restricted diet alongside it. I think this is a tablet that you can’t just take as a diet supplement, it will help you - if you help it."

Stella May 15, 2018

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "People keep saying all kinds of stuff about Alli does not work but it clearly states it is a weight loss aid and you need to exercise and eat right. Don’t forget that weight loss will take the duration your body took to gain weight. Take control of your body and stop blaming and whining. I lost 50 lb with diet, daily exercise and Alli in 6 months"

Banda (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2018

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I almost decided not to try Alli because of the horror stories but I'm glad I did. First two days I had minor nausea and slight cramping but it never reoccured after that. I have followed the diet and fat requirements and I have never had an accident or any problems and I am on week 4. The only slight day to day issue is minor constipation and a little gas. Not enough to make me stop taking it. I ate in a restaurant for the first time and did not have access to nutrition content and had no issues. If you are serious about diet and weight loss, give it a try and don't let the horror stories deter you."

Baby Shell (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2018

For Obesity: "I weighed in at 97.9kg on 14th Feb. Now 93.4kg!!!!! Don't eat lamb!!!!! No accidents unless you cheat the pills. Keep low fat record on my Samsung app! Amazing as it suppresses the appetite also. I ate junk food and lived on coca cola prior to this. Orlistat has given me confidence to go swimming 4 days a week before work and I have more energy and look better!!!"

Helenb (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2018

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I put on a heap of weight after being incorrectly prescribed an anti-depressant. I have come off the anti-depressant but needed to lose the 20 kilos I put on whilst on it. Started taking Xenical around 6 months ago, take it most days and have lost 15-17kilos. I'll take it for another 3 months to lose the rest and get back to my goal weight. Be careful of loose stools but otherwise it's great and little side effects."

Sssmarks (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2018

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I've only been taking Alli for one week now. I also joined a gym and started a diet. I'm a 26 yr old female. Last Tuesday I weighed 278lb and today, Monday, I weigh 266lb. I take a total of three pills a day. One each with my meals. I'm only at the gym for about an hour. I do about 3-5 miles on the bike or treadmill, then weight machines. My diet now consists of low calorie/low fat. Tons and tons of veggies and fruit/high protein. I think all the combination of what I am doing is why I lost 12 lbs within just six days so far. And trust me, I have hypothyroidism, so my metabolism sucks! As far as side effects, I have not had any "bathroom accidents" that are apparently quite common. But like I said. I have been following the low fat diet like the packaging says to do. The only thing I have experienced is lower back pain that feels similar to period cramps. But that could also be due to me join the gym. I will definitely be finishing the bottle and hoping for even more results."

Lauren (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2018

For Obesity: "I have been taking Orlistat for over 2 months and I have dropped about 12 LBS. I do have the orange bowl droplets and I have monitored that it only happens when you have an excessive amount of greasy food intake. and under doctors care if you are being monitored like any medication as you discuss with your physician medication adjustments can be made. This medication is intended to HELP you lose weight. If used correctly and take the recommended prescribed amount than you shouldn't have a problem. Simple put If you buy a set of lifting weights and just look at them its not going to do you any good. Used correctly you will be fine and see results. Good Luck to All."

Jaime (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2018

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I took it and it helped at first but then I wasn’t breathing well this pill gave me shortness of breath it took me 5 yrs to recuperate my self it was a nightmare the worst experience in my life I felt like I had a plastic bag in my face I couldn’t breath at all"

Martha Morin February 21, 2018

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I want to try xenical but scared that it might show up in the drug test...Is it possible?"

Jesss 1 February 9, 2018

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "This was the worst decision I have ever made, taking this pill. I am only about 35 pounds over weight and I joined a national company and attend meetings. I started having orange bowel movements. There were droplets of orange oil all over the toilet bowl. I constantly dripped the oil and it was such a mess. I dumped the bottle in the trash. I will stick with my program and just lose a bit more slowly. Thanks for nothing Alli!!"

SandiaCee February 6, 2018

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I blame Alli for dangerously Low Platelets in my blood that happened to me after many months on Alli. The condition almost killed me "

exalli (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 4, 2018

For Obesity: "Started using Alli about a week and a half ago and I am down 4 lbs. I also do a cardio and weight lifting 5 times a week along with a calorie conscious diet. I agree with the ladies about you have to watch what you eat or you will have the stool side effects. I am loving the results! It’s 100% worth the weight loss."

Thickfitwife (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2018

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "started Alli feeling unhealthy, no energy, not much bowel movement. 5'5 weighing 195lbs. I know most of its fat I use to lift weights years ago in younger days when I was fit. I had pregnancy diabetes Dr said if I didn't keep weight under control I'd be a diabetic later in life. Once I had baby I no longer had to take insulin but 20 years later I'm overweight. I started Alli went from 195lbs to 190lbs lost 5lbs in one week. My bm's are more consistent, I feel more energy. I walk about a mile each day, I try to watch what I eat so that I don't get oily stools with stomach cramping (Feels like menstrual cramps) sometimes I splurge on a steak dinner when my husband takes me out to dinner the rest of week it's one piece of lightly buttered toast with cup of coffee sugar/cream and an apple for breakfast, tuna sandwich with apple for lunch, and airfryer chicken or fish filet for dinner. It's been only one week on Alli I'm determined to lose 45 more lbs"

SassyCowgirl (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2018

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "I gained 4 pounds in 4 weeks ..great way to put on the pounds taking alli"

m hood January 10, 2018

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "Please Please do not use this drug. My husband who was in perfect health use this medicine and got diagnosed with colorectal cancer."

Extremecautiously January 2, 2018

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "This is the only diet aid that I would use. It is non addictive, and does not cause the jitters or sleeplessness. It's easy to use and it does the job. I've use Alli selectively off and on if I've had fat in a meal for many years. We aren't supposed to eat high fat, but it's satisfying and helps prevent carbo bingeing. And not every meal contains significant amount of fat. It also helps if you need to drop weight fairly quickly. All of the rumours about Alli are true. You will need to move your bowels more often and you may get I need a bowel motion type cramps. They say some of the side effects are deliberate, to prevent you from chowing down on a heaping plateful of ribs. Once, just once, I had an accident - fortunately, I was at home."

pinch210 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 28, 2017

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "So I started just over a week ago, if you eat something high fat you get major tummy troubles. But if you stick to low fat things it’s brilliant. I am on it due to an under active thyroid hindering my weight loss with weight watchers. I have a lot to loose, last week I was 167.6kg 1 weeks later I’m 162.5. So in 1 week I've lost 5kg! Amazing, I will be sticking with them. They also encourage me to make sensible choices in my diet. The only side effects I've had other than the upset tummy’s are burping a lot and loss of appetite, both of which I can live with."

D8743788899 December 12, 2017

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I starting taking xenical a week ago at 83.2kgs Jumped on scales today and down to 81.2 can't believe it. I have had the orange oily motions only in the mornings and can't fart in bed in case of accident happening. But apart from that no other side effects. Might start multi vitamin at night as I'm a shift worker before bed just to give me a bit more energy. Got 3 months supply but hopping can keep going for another 3 months after wanting to get down to 65."

Didge (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2017

For Obesity: "I'm just about to start taking this. How many times a day are you guys taking it out interest? thanks!"

Waren November 30, 2017

Alli (orlistat) for Obesity: "This pill has worked for so many people so I thought I would give it a shot. I go to a dietician regularly for food allergies so my diet is already very healthy and effective. I took Alli not only for weight loss, but mostly because I had heard from friends it would help keep me regular. I will say if you cheat on your diet do not take Alli you will have oil movements instead of a normal bowel motion. However, even in my instance Alli caused me serious stomach issues. Although I did not have accidents I did have feelings that I was not going to make it to the restroom or extreme gas. This pill all depends on your body chemistry. Even with a good diet sometimes it will not work. However, I did start taking a veggie fiber after Alli and it has great benefits"

Anonymous November 29, 2017

Xenical (orlistat) for Obesity: "I've been taking the drug for around 3 weeks and the weight is literally flying off. What's more unusual is that I'm eating even more rubbish than I normally would. Crisps, ice cream, chocolate etc and the weight is still coming off. Quite unbelievable. Yes I'm having oily stools every day. They come out an orange colour and I'm going 2 or 3 times a day. But I can live with that. Apart from that absolutely no side effects. None. I'm enjoying stepping on the scales every day. I can't wait to refine my diet so it is more healthy and then see how much comes off. This is a miracle drug and can't believe I haven't tried it until now."

Spaceboy (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2017

For Obesity: "Started taking Orlistat 120mg one week ago after reading many reviews on here. I was a bit sceptical as I don't have a huge amount of weight to lose. Weighed myself this morning and have lost 4lbs. My clothes already feel much looser. I have followed a strict low fat/ calorie diet and hadn't had any oily side effects until... had about 10g of grated cheddar with my dinner last night and felt the consequences this morning. Nothing major but now I know cheese is a NO GO!!! Not a bad word to say so far ☺ Good luck to everyone else too x"

Teej191 (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2017