User Reviews for Orlistat to treat Obesity

Also known as: Xenical, Alli

Orlistat has an average rating of 7.3 out of 10 from a total of 296 ratings for the treatment of Obesity. 64% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 19% reported a negative effect.

Orlistat Rating Summary

7.3/10 average rating

Compare all 39 medications used in the treatment of Obesity.

Reviews for Orlistat

Lucky78 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 7, 2021

“I've been on orlistat since May 2021 and today (July 2021) I got weighed at my drs surgery and I've lost a whopping 2 stone in 7 weeks!! I feel fantastic and will continue to use orlistat to help me lose my weight. I haven't really changed a lot in my diet except I've stopped snacking on junk!”

George · Taken for less than 1 month September 7, 2019

Alli (orlistat): “Been using this medication for a little over a week. My observations are the following: 1. Do not fart unless you are on a toilet. Unless you don’t mind the orange skid marks. 2. Keep a toilet brush handy to clean your bowl after you flush your gross stool. Unless you don’t mind a dirty toilet. 3. Again, hold those farts in until you find a toilet. Just avoid being around people smoking unless you want to cause a fire from the gasses you release.”

Mikki · Taken for less than 1 month March 11, 2021

Alli (orlistat): “Not only am I premenopausal, but I also have no gallbladder to breakdown the bile, so since my surgery and going into menopause, I have gained over 20 lbs. So I needed something to help a little more than most people to eliminate bad fat and flush it out. After just a day or two, I noticed it doing its job, and I actually feel a lot better too. I don't have that bloated or feeling too full feeling. I did make sure to start this on my weekend to make sure everything would go okay and I wouldn't have any accidents. I noticed as long as I follow the Simple Plan of lower calorie or lower fat diet, and just taking one with my higher fat meals, I haven't had any problem. Lost 3 lbs in 6 days so far, so actually pretty impressed. I also think this is a good product to take for those that are trying to lose weight with no gallbladder or going through menopause , those pounds that snuck up very quickly.”

Ora · Taken for less than 1 month July 21, 2021

“Hi girls I have started Orlistat only 3 days ago! I have had it prescribed from GP as I can’t shift weight at all tried loads of diets!!! Pleased to say no nasty effects (did noticed the oily stools, have been going to the toilet only once a day max twice) I have lost 1 kg already!! I am fallowing a low calorie diet to so let’s be positive! Scared to eat rubbish as I heard you can have accidents lol! So I have been a good girl and no accidents so far!”

Gurlo · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2019

Xenical (orlistat): “25, female, started off at 15st 7lbs or 99kg or 217lbs (I’m 5’7). Originally was looking for a quick fix but realistically when it comes to weight loss there isn’t one. I gained 70lbs in the last 4 years and finally realized how unhappy I was. 20 days in and I have lost 14lbs/6kg. I am strict on my diet, though to be honest haven’t done the recommended exercise. So I can only imagine how much I would have lost in that time. As for the oily orange stools, I haven’t had any uncontrollable accidents, you can see it in the toilet bowl but haven’t had any embarrassing moments as of yet, but I am keeping within the recommended daily allowance of fats. I would recommend Orlistat to anyone who needs a helping hand, I have found that it has made me really determined to make better choices regarding my health and weight. Co workers and family have noticed a difference in my body and I can feel it in my clothes so I’m really happy.”

Sez March 30, 2019

“So last October I went to my doctor and I begged for help as my weight really depressed me. So he put me on orlistat and now 6 months down the line am 16kg lighter, I've gone from a size 18/20 to 12/14. Best thing I ever did.”

Donna January 16, 2021

Alli (orlistat): “I've had no side-effects and no weight lost after 3 months, so my Physician told me to stop taking the pills. My labs all came back normal, so no thyroid, Cushings, etc.... it was so frustrating!!! Then, because of the Covid, everything was telemedicine and I got a new Physician via Zoom call and she requested a new set of labs and told me I had pre-diabetic insulin resistance. That changed everything! My diet had to change yet again. I'm following more of a high veggie and low any type of carb diet, PLUS the Alli and I am *finally* losing those darn menopause pounds that, literally, sneak up on you. What am I saying? Take Alli to help with weight loss but if it doesn't work, you need to keep working with your Physician to get the right combination of diet & exercise for Alli to work. For you pre-menopausal and post-menopausal women out there; keep at it! The weight does, eventually, come off and you don't have to starve yourself or have risky surgery to do it.”

Becks · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 13, 2020

Xenical (orlistat): “Started this on Xenical the 13.06.20 at 18st 9lbs and now I'm 16st 0.5lbs and lost 2st 8.5lbs so far, doesn't work if you don't eat well. It encourages you to eat well as you are on the toilet all the time if you don't eat well, so far so good! It really has changed my life”

Roberta1988 · Taken for less than 1 month May 25, 2021

“Was prescribed these on Friday 22nd May 21 to try and help me, alongside slimming world. I had a not so good first week back. I started taking orlistat right away with my Friday evening meal. Ate healthily and walked a lot/stable duties at my yard. I got weighed on the 24th May and I had lost 5lbs with the help of orlistat. I haven't had any really unpleasant accidents etc as of yet. But I do however keep fat content to a minimum. I will update next Monday 31st may results after over a week on it. Overall 5lbs is brilliant to lose first time.”

jojom · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 24, 2013

Xenical (orlistat): “I have been reading your experiences with Xenical. I have been taking this for 2 months on 3rd July and so far have lost nearly 3 stone. I find it really makes you think about the foods you choose to eat because you don't want any nasty side effects. I can honestly say I have had none at all. Been on a low cal, low fat diet and exercising every day. I started out weighing 14 stone 10lbs and now weigh 11 stone 11 lbs. If I can do it with 3 children then anyone can. Power to you all, you are an inspiration.”

Kentucky, United States · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 3, 2019

Xenical (orlistat): “This has been a miracle drug for me! I have tried and failed many times at dieting. I could not lose weight. I am type 1 diabetic, and I just kept packing on the pounds. Finally, at 271 lbs, I asked for help. In the U.S., my insurance would not cover the cost of Xenical. It was going to cost me $600 a month. Fortunately, the clinic has a prescription assistance program, and I am able to get it for $15 a month. I found out real quick what I could eat and what I could not eat. There were a few days spent on the toilet, but I learned to modify my eating. Xenical does not make you jittery or fill you up. It works in your stomach and gut. I went to my weight doctor yesterday, and in three months, I have lost 33 lbs without much effort at all!!! I am now 238 lbs, and do not need to sleep with my sleep apnea machine. I feel great and people comment that even my complexion looks better. I am still taking Xenical, and still losing weight.”

home June 3, 2020

Xenical (orlistat): “Hi I started on Xenical 4 days ago I had one bad day with my stomach and oily farts, but now I feel that my body is getting used to them now but I do find that i am very hungry in the evening . If anyone has any tips i would be grateful”

Banda · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 12, 2018

Alli (orlistat): “People keep saying all kinds of stuff about Alli does not work but it clearly states it is a weight loss aid and you need to exercise and eat right. Don’t forget that weight loss will take the duration your body took to gain weight. Take control of your body and stop blaming and whining. I lost 50 lb with diet, daily exercise and Alli in 6 months”

katie51 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 15, 2021

Alli (orlistat): “I purchased Alli at Target. It worked for me. I have only been on it for 2 months. I went from 238lb to 226lb. I am happy with the results so far. I am on the path of getting gastric sleeve surgery, but I might not do that if this continues to take off the weight. As long as I eat healthy there are no side effects, but I do occassionally cheat and deal with the side effects then. It's no big deal though and worth it to me.”

MesomorphMe · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 11, 2019

Alli (orlistat): “Ok so I started taking Alli for weigh tloss back in June I dropped 7 pounds in 7 days by exercising, dieting and drinking water . I will admit make the toilet your best friend and if your a female and very gassy grab a pad or pantyliner. It gets nasty . You have to eat for your body type , and do what is needed to shed pounds DO NOT think popping 3 pills a day will magically induce weight loss . FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS”

Cupidsbow · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 22, 2021

“I started Orlistat on 29th May 2021 and to date have lost 3st 2lbs(just under 20kg)they are amazing but boy oh boy if you try to cheat them by eating some real naughty stuff then Karma smacks you full in the face with a ton of stinking nasty oil straight out of your butt.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 16, 2020

Xenical (orlistat): “I started this 4 days ago I had no side affects until day 3 Day 3 I had yellow oily stools and had lost half a kilo over night I am going to continue with the medication and hopefully will loose more weight I am type 2 diabetic and need and want to loose 15 and 20 kilos I have noticed that I have lost my appetite but I am aware of this and still eat I hope everyone goes well and their expectations are met ”

Chris · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 19, 2019

Xenical (orlistat): “When I started taking this drug I was 235lbs and in a matter of 4 weeks, my weight cane down to 220lbs! 15lbs in a month!! I did not even exercise, so imagine how much more is possible if I did. One thing to be careful with is leakage. It makes it easy to leak orange fats when farting, so be careful with that since it’s oily!”

Destiny · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 11, 2020

Xenical (orlistat): “Well I started Xenical in March last year. I had a couple of months off it as was having bowel problems. Went on my first cruise in November 2019 and I weighed in at 71kgs. I was 91 kgs to begin with. However I feel like it’s not working anymore as I can’t seem to shift those last 5 kgs. I’m also not having oily stools. Anyone experience the same?”

blobbzi November 26, 2011

Xenical (orlistat): “I love Xenical. It is basically making me scared to eat rubbish because of the oily poo side effect, with a very urgent need to 'go' it is making me look at food in a different way. If I see a family size chocolate bar, which previously I would have eaten within 2 minutes, I just see it as a slab of fat. It has changed my attitude towards food. I now eat healthy food because I know what the unhealthy food will look like as it comes out and I am disgusted that all of that unhealthy fat was going into my body, into my arteries, around my heart. It has been a visual education in healthy eating. I am losing weight and it's thanks to Xenical. ”

Starley · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 10, 2019

Alli (orlistat): “I take Alli on and off, it is helpful; but today was different. As I was sitting in the office, I felt my downtown area wet then I went to restroom. The moment I was doing #1, then #2 started coming out as well and when I looked in the toilet it was oily(red). To tell you the truth I lost 20lbs already”

Kittycat · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2020

“Started orilstat six days ago 120mg x 3 daily . I am not active as I’m wheelchair bound and my weight was creeping up I have lost a whopping 12lb the side effects aren’t bad and I re evaluated my diet and calorie count I am hoping it keeps working”

Kar4em11 July 1, 2017

Alli (orlistat): “Okay so after reading some of the reviews I was a little reluctant to try Alli. There were comments saying how you would poop yourself etc. Well let me tell you no that does not happen if your eating a healthy diet . I love it and yes instead of losing the typical 2 pounds a week I am losing 3. So happy I tried this and will continue to use it . Down 16 pounds and 24 to go ! Check it out yourself before you read all the ridiculous comments . Eat healthy and yes it works!”

Bela · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 27, 2020

“I have been using Orlistat for 6 weeks now and I have lost 7 kg, I’m going to use it for a few months as I’m losing weight very nicely without any side effects except the oily stools which are normal when you eat a big oily meal. I’m happy until now ,finger crossed ”

Gemmie · Taken for less than 1 month August 26, 2016

Alli (orlistat): “Worked brilliantly, I cut down my fat intake a week before starting them & continued this whilst on them, I lost 10lb in my first 2 weeks!! Really really pleased with the result & have just ordered my second months supply. You HAVE to reduce you fat intake to stop any unpleasant side effects, I'm now at the point where I don't want to eat high levels of fat because I don't want to suffer the consequences!!! Worked for me!!!”