User Reviews for Zofran ODT

Learn more about Zofran ODT.

Zofran ODT Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 220 medications used in the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting.

Reviews for Zofran ODT to treat Nausea/Vomiting

"I use this when I am driving and have nausea and was under doctor's instructions to take it twice a day until I was prescribed the scolopamine patch for nausea. Now, I just take it on the times I feel nauseated with the patch, which is not much. I like the dissolvable tablets because they are quicker than the pills to absorb and I can just carry them with me in my purse, unlike the phenergan suppositories, which have to be refrigerated or kept in a cooler when going somewhere."

Gastroparesis Girl (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"First time I took it I felt better almost instantly- it was truly crazy! The second time was the same but the third time it didn't help as much. However, it helped some and has so far kept me a little less feeling like I'm gonna puke. Better than nothing."

Lila W. April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This stuff works like a dream and quickly! I take over 20 meds a month, and sometimes I just get flat out nauseated from my "cocktail from hell". I have also had it administered in an IV, and it cant be beat. The only downfall is the cost...the last I heard it is $20 per pill, and Medicaid balks at paying for it."

Dmp1967 April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The directions say to dissolve in the mouth but it's very bitter. Does anyone else have this problem?"

Bjcg (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was rxed the ODT for extreme nausea and vomiting, due to a norovirus. The minty flavor really drove me over the edge, and only made matters worse. Then my doc gave me the regular tablets that you swallow with a tiny bit of water, but it didn't help at all, either. I remember being awed by the knowledge that they give this med to sick cancer patients, when it is so horribly ineffective. Evidently, it does work like gangbusters for some people, but I'm not one of them."

Little C. (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This medicine did nothing except constipated me and give me a headache!"

Chantel23 August 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had kidneys stone. Took pain meds for it. Got super nauseous at night. Took zofran, and within 10 minutes I was not nauseated at all. Amazing medicine."

Googe July 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I feel like I've been sick for a very long time. It began around early February. I started feeling tired and nauseous. I had other symptoms, but the nausea was the worst. It just got worse and more frequent. My mother talked me into going in and I was diagnosed with "migraine with aura" about a month ago. I don't feel like migraines have anything to do with the nausea, but that's all I have to go on for now. The nausea comes in waves and I've had to stop doing schoolwork because of it. I was hoping the zofran would help, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I still wake up at night because I'm so nauseous, and it never seems to end."

SadGrace (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Best nausea medication in my opinion. I use it for nausea associated with my migraine headaches and it works extremely fast and well."

Lithh (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 19, 2016

"I have a lot of GI, p"

Brad bortner (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Today I went to the doctors for some common flu symptoms. They prescribed me Zofran for my nausea and upset stomach. About 10-15 minutes after taking it there was a tremendous relief of everything. It works rapidly and does wonders. I have not experienced any side effects like headaches or nothing yet so everything's good so far."

Uniqua (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had kidney stone and given a Zofran prescription to take home for nausea - it only made it worse. Every time I took it I found myself more nauseous after only 1/2 hour. I chose to stop and had my doctor switch me to a different drug. I think some people's systems are more sensitive to it than others, especially if they are taking pain medications with the Zoran."

Miss Birdie (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had this in the hospital after a hysterectomy when I was vomiting from the anesthesia for 3 days afterward. It did absolutely nothing to stop my nausea. I was given it repeatedly even though I told them it was completely ineffective. I had both shots and pills."

housemaid (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Zofran completely changed my life! The ODT are perfect because I suffer from anxiety and sometimes it gets so bad that I begin to vomit. Also, with Irritable Bowel Syndrome it helps control the nausea and vomiting associated with it. I get no side effects but my insurance doesn't cover more than 5 tabs at a time so I have to get it in regular pill form sometimes at Costco where they have the cheapest price."

Artemis Black October 23, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Only thing that works! I have MSK and vertigo and BOTH cause nausea with flare ups and this is my life saver!"

Erynnj80 August 19, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I suffer from chronic lower back pain due to scoliosis and arthritis (42 yrs old). I also suffer from Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I take Zofran almost daily to deal with the miseries of both lower back pain and digestive issues. I still have regular bouts of vomiting, however, Zofran will stop the pain and nausea that would continue for days and land me in the hospital with an IV delivering morphine into my system to stop the cycle of vomiting, nausea, and severe pain. I love my Zofran! It makes life "livable.""

Wildflowersma September 23, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been very sick and vomiting with my 2nd pregnancy. My doctor prescribed this to me and now I can keep food and liquids down. I can actually get out of bed and play with my 2yr old. It has saved me."

Cara22 (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been taking ondansetron ODT 8mg tabs for about 2 days due to nausea caused by a kidney infection. When I take the tablet it doesn't help and makes me more nauseous than I was before. I just took it a half hour ago to be sure, and I immediately became more nauseous. So I'm pretty sure it just doesn't work for me, and I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem?"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Went into the ER for the stomach flu. I had been sick for 4 days without eating a thing. I was severely dehydrated and was fainting. They gave me I.V and a dissolve-able pill of Ondansetron (4mg). I was finally able to stop vomiting after 4 days. I still can't eat other than broth but thankfully the vomiting stopped."

Nuggw March 28, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have severe nausea and vomiting due to an extreme case of endometriosis. I have to be hospitalized because of pain, weakness and dehydration because of severe vomiting. I can't even hold down a tiny sip of water for 2 mins. I have tried every medication possible and Zofran ODT is the only thing that gives me relief! It is a prescription I always have on hand at all times."

Mrs. Grayson January 11, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am pregnant and have been suffering from severe nausea and vomiting. I have been taking Zofran for about 25 weeks. The disolving tablet doesn't have an affect on me. I can't keep it down, even after half an hour I will throw up the medication. The rare times I can hold it down, it has no affect on me."

silvergirlsdca (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After surgery long term nausea due to pain medicines"

pookie bear September 1, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Whole family in hospital for stomach virus with severe nausea and vomiting every half hour. This medicine completely stops the nausea within minutes! It definitely gives you headaches and makes you sleepy, but this is a small price to pay to stop the nausea when you are in that situation. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am/was taking this medicine to combat nausea from post chemo treatments and I found that it did give me a headache and I could not stand the taste it left in my mouth when the medicine disintegrated on my tongue. "

Anonymous April 20, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was pregnant and had severe morning sickness. I was throwing 7-10 a day on a good day. With the Zofran I was down to once or maybe twice a day. I was able to eat and drink liquids again. The chalky flavor does get to you after an extended period of time."

Anonymous March 6, 2012