User Reviews for Slo-Niacin to treat High Cholesterol

Reviews for Slo-Niacin

StrongOne · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 28, 2013

“My doctor wanted me to take statins with 225 cholesterol. I didn't want to (63 yrs old). She then suggested 500 mg of Slo-Niacin twice a day with a baby aspirin. I started it but in a few days I was terribly constipated. I backed off to once a day which helped. Then I started taking potassium iodine (kelp) and the constipation problem is completely solved - better than ever as I've always been constipated - probably slow thyroid. Anyway, when I was taking the two Slo-Niacins a day, I felt 20 years younger. Going up a flight of stairs felt like walking on a flat surface. Now one a day so I only feel 10 years younger. I went on a hike yesterday where I walked on a steep path for 45 min and it was like flat again. ”

Anonymous August 9, 2009

“Two tabs (1000 mg) lowered my total cholesterol by 30 points. Added one more tablet daily (1500 mg) which will hopefully put my cholesterol at a 'good' level. Initial side effects of flushing and weird-feeling was lessened by one baby aspirin 1/2 an hour prior to taking the niacin, but mostly by taking the niacin immediately before getting into bed at night. Eventually I stopped the aspirin (lots of bruising) and notice that I am no longer sensitive (flushing and weird feelings are gone). So far it's great, especially since prior to starting I lost 35 pounds, stopped eating red meat and dairy products, and began/continue on a daily exercise (walking) program to no avail in reducing my cholesterol.”