User Reviews for Niacin SR to treat High Cholesterol
The following information is NOT intended to endorse any particular medication. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners.
Reviews for Niacin SR
“I have been taking Niacin SR 2000mg nightly with Zeta 10mg nightly and no side effects except a little flushing. Cholesterol has been well under 100 all the time. Dr tells me I need to take Repatha instead which has some very bad side effects. May need to change something/someone else.”
“I had never taken a medication that had me in fear for my live like Niacin, the pain, redness, flushing, rash, and drooping of the face was horrible only after the 2nd pill, it is a very worrisome medication I would never take it again”
“Been taking for >20 years at 500mg twice/day. Once you get over flushing side effect in first few months, it has been very effective at lowering and keeping cholesterol at healthy level.”
Learn more about High Cholesterol
IBM Watson Micromedex
Symptoms and treatments
Drugs.com Health Center
- High Cholesterol Overview
- High Cholesterol: What Are Your Risk Factors?
- Your Guide on How to Lower Cholesterol
- Cholesterol Testing: What Do Your Results Mean?
- Which Prescription Drugs Cause Weight Gain?
- Atorvastatin (Lipitor): Top 12 Drug Facts You Need to Know
- Cholesterol Medications and Alcohol
Mayo Clinic Reference
ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)
More about Niacin SR (niacin)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- En Español
- 3 Reviews
- Drug class: miscellaneous antihyperlipidemic agents