User Reviews for Rhopressa to treat Glaucoma, Open Angle

Rhopressa has an average rating of 4.4 out of 10 from a total of 18 ratings for the treatment of Glaucoma, Open Angle. 28% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 61% reported a negative effect.

Rhopressa Rating Summary

4.4/10 average rating

Compare all 44 medications used in the treatment of Glaucoma, Open Angle.

Reviews for Rhopressa

Rudolph · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2018

“Ruined my life for a week. Could not see much because of blurred vision and loss of acuity. This is a terrible ocular pressure treated. I did not return to the doctor who prescribed this treatment. Actually he helped to develop the drug.”

T June 28, 2019

“I was on this drops for about 2 months. 1 drop each eye once a day along with Travatan. The pressure was low after the usage, but the side effect is significant. First, I've noticed that eyes became more teary , wet in the morning, and extremely red eyes- all day long red. Later- combined with seasonal allergies my eyes felt irritated at all times, again after 1 month of use pressure was under control at 12-13. At this point, my eye very irritated , puffy eye leads .My doctor said to stop using it, and prescribed steroid eyes drops to calm the irritation … and just take Travatan. I am 46 yo female, with hereditary glaucoma , using drops for 20+ years. This drops do work but the side effect is tough”

wrw627 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 24, 2018

“3 years on Lumigan to control IOP but started to gain pressure so doc added Rhopressa to the mix. Ever since, I’ve had very red eyes, burst vessels in sclara, puffiness, lid irritation & itchiness - although pressure DID go down initially about 25%. After 6 weeks, pressure is up a bit but irritation continues. For me, this is NOT an effective nor safe drug. I caution others to use free samples or never buy more than one months supply. Way too expensive for the result!”

DEP August 2, 2019

“I was given Rhopressa about 6 months ago along with my other 3 drops (using 6 times a day) when my pressure was higher than the doctor wanted. From the beginning I experience the watering eyes and was told it is one of the side effects but would stop after a couple weeks. When it didn't I chalked it up to allergies but now that this much time has past and I don't have allergies in off season, I began looking into the fact the it is still the cause of the Rhopressa. I have been surprised at how many of the reviews I have read that are so similar to what I am experiencing. I have an appointment with my doctor next week and intend to have a conversation with her to hopefully eliminate the use any longer. Does it help the pressure? Hard to say because it still appears to go up and down. I'm tired of my eyes watering, itching and being puffy all the time. And don't even get me started on how it has been to even get a prescription filled for it. Don't recommend it at all.”

Rose · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 26, 2020

“I have normal tension open angle advanced glaucoma. After the initial week of Rhopressa use, I experienced great discomfort. After the body adjusted to it , I was very pleased with 4-6 point reduction in pressure. Thought this was my wonder drop for glaucoma. However after 2 months of use I developed excessive tearing followed by redness, lots of discomfort and constant itching of eyelid rims. I have stopped using it and gone back to original drops. It did lower pressure significantly but the side effects are so severe and intolerable.”

Walt · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 2, 2019

“I have normal pressure glaucoma, meaning my pressure target is under 10. I also have had loss of field, and surgery would be recommended if Rhopressa did not work. I have been taking it for five months. I am also using cosopt and lumigan. My reading acuity is good, but my distance vision has somewhat worsened. There have been no other side effects, and I am willing to continue as long as my IOP stays at target. I find it helps my acuity to skip one day a week.”

EyeMed1 · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2019

“I have normal tension glaucoma and recent pressure was way up. Asked Doc if there were any new drugs and he gave me a trial sample of Rhopressia, After the first use, I woke up with burning, red eyes. When working on my computer at work I noticed extreme blurriness. Also felt a little dizzy and continual fuzzy vision. This is the worst experience with ay Glaucoma drop I have tried over the past 10 years, I don't understand why no one can develop a more effective drug with minimal side effects”

tessaann · Taken for less than 1 month October 18, 2019

“The following day I started on Rhopressa, I was nauseous with pain in my eyes. I continue for 4 more days until I was bedridden with a severe migraine headache. I was seeing floating colored rainbows. My body ached as if I had the flu. I discontinued after one week. Two days after discontinuing Rhopressa, I felt much better. My doctor put be on Azopt in place of Rhopressa. Thus far, no side affects.”

tyler · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 20, 2019

“I have had juvenile glaucoma for many years. I've been taking Rhopressa for several months, but at times I had to stop temporarily due to bad side effects, including swelling at the eyelid, blurred and distorted vision. When I went back to lumagin and my other medications, the pressure was more elevated than before starting Rhropressa. Due the high pressure I went back to Rhropressa. However, after a recent three week period back on Rhopressa, the pressure is elevated again.”

teddie · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 5, 2018

“Blurred vision and loss of sharpness to the point of feeling like I could not see! Was going to see about new eye glasses till I learned that these were side effects. Have used the drug about 6 weeks. Was using a sample so have not bought the drug. No insurance. Do not plan to continue using especially due to side effects, too the retail price is prohibitive.”

Sally May 22, 2019

“Used it for 7 days. Woke up after day 5 and my eyes looked like someone punched me. I was embarrassed to go to work because I am in customer service and I have to talk to new people everyday. Asked my doc if I could discontinue medication and she prescribed Combigan. My eyes feel and look normal again.”

nick · Taken for less than 1 month January 8, 2019

“I wish there were more user reviews when I tried this drug many months ago- I had a bad experience using this drug. My eyelid margins became inflamed, eyes inflamed and red, gloss over eyes and tearing and burning eyes. My vision was impaired and my wife needed to do all the driving. My eyes were unsightly. Side effects continued for duration of use. Doctor discontinued after 10 days and returned to a previously used med with better pressure result.”

Bert · Taken for less than 1 month September 29, 2019

“I used Ropressa for 14 days and on day 15 woke up with horrible vertigo and vomiting, Didn't know what caused it and kept using it for one more week when I finally realized it was a reaction from the eyedrop. My neck ached, my shoulders, horrible vertigo which lasted for weeks until I got it out of my system.”

Constance February 22, 2020

“I have been using Rhopressa for 14 months, once a day in each eye. I too hated the initial use experience...it felt like I was pouring acid into my eye. Keeping it in the refrigerator helped. The pain upon application went away in 2 weeks. Early evening usage cuts down on the daytime eye redness. Ocusoft Plus Lid Wipes cut down on lid margin itch. Rhopressa has brought my pressures to 7 and 8 from 11 and 13. I have seen an increase in burst blood vessels in my eyes, which are uglier and more frequent than those prior to Rhopressa. I am now trying Vyzulta for a month to see what happens because I was not comfortable feeling that I was causing some type of damage to my eye, even though there was no data to support that feeling. I have been paying purchase $100 for two 2.5 ml bottles. I purchase by phone and it is mailed to me.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 1, 2020

“Have been using Rhopressa once a day for a few weeks in one eye. My vision is so bad since starting this drug, I can barely drive or see my face in the mirror. It is frightening how severe the vision blurriness and lack of acuity is. Now the edges of my eyelid are red, swollen, flakey. My eye burns constantly. Nightmare in a bottle.”

JPM · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2020

“I tried it and it lowered my IOP (in combination with Lumigan) but causes extreme redness. Switched to Simbrinza, but it had multiple side effects, so am trying Rhopressa again. Eyes still red, but that is the only side effect”

Anonymous January 12, 2020

“I have been prescribed already 3 eye drops. But these drops are the worst. Burning stinging eyes, redness and my vision blurry. Got worried because my Vision is blurry. Thank you all for the reviews. Will definitely, discontinued tonight. Calling the Dr on Monday .”

GZEJulien · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 17, 2019

“It was awful! My eyes were red, then developed an allergy to the drops, eyes swollen and red. It took a month for the swelling to go away after I stopped the drops. I couldn't open my eyes in the morning! DO NOT try these drops. I ended up with steroid ointment for the outside of my eyes and antihistamine drops for the inside of the eye.”

linda · Taken for less than 1 month November 24, 2021

“I started Rhopressa. I was not convinced since only cosopt have helped. Most drops increase my pressure. I have had 2 types of laser surgery with minimal results. Increasing damage to optic nerve. Increased loss in visual fields. I was on Rhopressa for 3 weeks. Pressures pre: 20 & 21. 3 weeks later: 8 & 9.”

joe · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 13, 2019

“I have high pressure in eye and Rhopressa was great drug. Dropped the pressure to the point I don't need surgery. No real side effect.”

chrissy · Taken for less than 1 month November 8, 2019

“Rhopressa brought pressure down fast, from 19 to 13. No bad side effects after 2 weeks.”