User Reviews for Naratriptan

Also known as: Amerge

Learn more about Naratriptan.

Migraine 25 reviews 81 medications

8.8
Summary of Naratriptan reviews 25 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Naratriptan

For Migraine: "There is no migraine medicine that works for me except Relpax."

passails May 14, 2016

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "I took the medicine for the first time last night 4/2/16, I was given the medication because I had an allergic reaction to Topamax. Amerge made me really sleepy, a little dizzy, draining ears and really bad heartburn. I'm not pleased with having these side effects especially not the nasty heartburn or the draining ears which are very itchy. The medication did work for me but I can't give it a 10 star due to the side effects. I'm not so sure that I would take this on a regular basis. If I do, I'm definitely going to take Zantac prior to taking the medication."

Fantabulous00 (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2016

For Migraine: "I first discovered Naratriptan as an OTC drug when living in Germany. I've had migraine for 36 years (mine started when I was nine years old) and have tried so many different drugs I can barely remember half of them. Paramax, Midrid (Midrin in the US), Topiramate (avoid, avoid, avoid!), Depakote (made me suicidal, also huge weight gain), Imigran (Imitrex in the US) (worse than useless, removed the pain but made all the other symptoms such as nausea, vertigo, photophobia much, much worse), I already take medication for high blood pressure and an anti-depressant so angiotensin drugs are out as are tricyclics (and amitriptyline never prevented them years ago when I took it for insomnia, anyway)..."

mesatsittinghere (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 17, 2016

For Migraine: "I have suffered with migraines for 15 years and was at the end of my tether. Every attack made me bedridden for 2 days and then another day to fully recover. Thankfully I have a great doctor who prescribed Naratriptan after every other drug had failed. I take it as soon as I feel a migraine starting and within an hour it has totally gone. I have found that if I wake up with a migraine even this drug doesn't help but when I do get it in time it completely knocks it out. I am very lucky because I live in the UK and I get this drug on the NHS for a nominal prescription fee ("

Katie Y (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 4, 2015

For Migraine: "I am a PI Trial Attorney with a consistently, high stressed job. I began experiencing migraines (which in fact were diagnosed by a well recognized UM Neurologist) at the age of 43 and have been experiencing them constantly to my current age of 46. I initially was prescribed a Rizatriptan, Maxalt. At first, I took the entire pill and it literally knocked me out. However, it did take the migraine from a 10 to a 1-2. I noticed though, as I began to take half thereafter, the migraine dissipated but would then come back necessitating my taking the other half several hours later. I was then given Amerge (Naratriptan). This drug has been a complete life saver. I have 2.5 mg pills and only need a half. Bar none, best migraine pill but expensive."

Attorney in Miami (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 11, 2015

For Migraine: "I am a senior abd suffered since I was 7 years old. Starte out with the first triptan which was Imitrex. As soon as Amerge cane out my Doctor gave me a prescription and I found it most effective. No side effects and I could function. It was my lifesaver. Since it got so expensive I took Imitrex again. It just does no work for me. Lots of side effects and the headache comes back after a few hours. My insurance doesn't cover Amerge and I have suffered. I just had to get Amerge again so I can function. I do wish the cost wouldn't be so high."

Bilse September 20, 2015

For Migraine: "First time using prescribed medication for my migraines. Migraines became a new issue after I turned 35. Chalk it up to hormonal change. Anyway, doctor prescribed it, tried it for the first time yesterday. Took it around 6:00pm, laid down because the migraine was already in effect...but I was pretty much out for the count which I didn't expect. Slept until 7:30am this morning. Happy the migraine is gone but I have a Trial on Monday and really could not afford to lose my day yesterday. I mean, having a migraine would also take me out of my routine...was hoping for medication that allowed me to go on with my life and just take care of the migraine. The result is not really what I'm looking for. plus, I'm feeling groggy this morning."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2015

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "I use to take Imitrex but it came to the point I wasn't taking it because when I did I had to double dose & add in pain killers to knock the migraines to a tolerable level. This pill is way better then Imitrex & it truly works. Other then it taking a little bit longer to kick in than Imitrex, it works better. I usually am able to tell when I'm getting a migraine and take naratriptan at that time & it will kick it before the migraine does fully."

Hoyle shiiet (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 31, 2015

For Migraine: "Overall a positive experience. I cannot function without this medication now effectively in my activities of daily living. With it, I can drive, go to work and stay out of a dark room. Without it, I am miserable, off work, unable to drive, unable to speak on telephone and disengage from other human contact that day. Major side effect for me is a raised sensitivity in my taste buds and body thermostat."

egoram (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 27, 2014

For Migraine: "Today is the first time I've taken one of the 9 pills my doctor prescribed. It seems to take awhile to kick in. However, now that it has, I'm extremely mellow with a goofier look on my face then normal. As far as the pain, it seems to stop the pain from spreading. BUT, it also keeps my pain in the area in which it started. That being my shoulder. I have odd migraines and they start in my shoulders or behind my eyes. I guess I can't complain as the worst part of the headaches are when they spread all over. This is now confined to one area. I took it at 7:45. It's now 9:21. Time will tell. I've also noticed a tingling or the overwhelming sensation to stretch my arms out. Yeah. I'm definitely high."

CCM1070 (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2014

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "My favorite migraine medication is Relpax, which isn't covered by my insurance. Imitrex didn't work for me hardly at all. So, when Amerge came out and my insurance covered it for a reasonable co-pay, I tried it. I will give naratriptan credit for working well. It does knock out my migraines, which is more than I can say for Imitrex. However, it takes a solid hour or more to work, and during that time, my migraines often have a chance to brutally worsen. Relpax is still my favorite by far when I can get my hands on it."

CLBM (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 9, 2014

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "After years of trying numerous medications (none ever working the way Midrin did) and wanting something I could function on, but would get rid of/or at least lessen my pain I tried Amerge for the first time last night. I took it around 6:00pm with food, and within 20 minutes I was crashed out on the sofa. I woke up almost 2 hours later with stomach cramps, a very fast heartbeat, an extreme confusion. My husband was talking to me, but I could neither understand him nor could I put words together. I tried to stand up to say goodnight to my daughter, and I walked directly into our coffee table and almost fell over. It took a good hour before I felt like myself. However, my headache was gone! I don't know if the side effects are worth it."

abueno May 17, 2013

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "Amerge (naratriptan) is the only medicine that has worked for me. I have suffered from migraines for 27 years. "

latnahc January 15, 2013

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "About 5 years ago my doctor prescribed Amerge and I have used it ever since. I have been a migraine sufferer for the past 15 years and this is the medication that works the best for me. 2 years ago my health insurance decided to no longer cover the medication and I had to try to find another. It was awful. I did not realize how much more effective Amerge was than the other medicines. I highly recommend this product."

Anonymous October 11, 2011

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "5 yrs ago, I got Amerge after trying almost every other medication available. My migraines tend to come back within 4-6 hours with Imitrex, but the Amerge would keep it gone. Unfortunately, I had a really hard time getting my insurance to cover it. Another good thing about the Amerge is that it didn't seem to have the photophobia effect after I took it. Also wouldn't knock me out or make me feel groggy. It was like taking a vitamin and then my life could just go on as planned! I really hope that insurance companies get better at covering effective medications for their patients. I also wish I could just afford the $200 or whatever for 9 pills. "

migraingrrl November 20, 2010

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "Works great if you catch on early onset. Headache goes away in 2 hours. Using for years and it's worked the best."

CBC212 November 11, 2010

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "Conquers the headache in about 2 hours and keeps it away for a day. Slower to work than Imitrex but lasts longer for me."

Anonymous January 8, 2010

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "Wonderful long acting triptan. I have tried just about everything for my migraines and this is the only medication that keeps them gone. I have also noticed less issues with nausea with this medication over some of the others in it's class. I have yet to need the second dose and it seems to relieve my major symptoms within an hour with the headache entirely gone within two hours. Expensive as it is I believe it is definitely worth the money."

Anonymous January 2, 2010

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "I love the fact that it's a long-acting triptan! Keeps the beasts from trying to return, as they're prone to do on the short-acting triptans."

jalyso September 16, 2009

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "Amerge is the only thing I have found that works for my migraines. I have had migraines daily for over 3 years and eventually everything has quit working for me except the Amerge so I would recommend it to anyone. This drug has truly saved my life."

Anonymous May 10, 2009

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "This product works very well for me. I suffer bad headaches brought on by TMJ syndrome. Most times, I am completely pain free within 2 hours after taking a single dose. I have never had to take a second dose."

dill-pickle February 5, 2009

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "This is the miracle migraine pill. Expensive but works 90% of the time even if the headache has already started."

Anonymous July 3, 2008

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "I have suffered with migraines for over 10 years, was presribed Imatrex, which gave some relief, before being given Amerge. Usually the migraine would return within 4 hours. My headaches usually last between 4-5 days. With Amerge, if taken at the first sign of the headache, I can have relief for 24 hours at a time. Much better control. Side effects are very minimal, some nausea, but hard to tell from the migraine itself. Try it, it's is definitely worth it. Also, see if there are food triggers."

jennienell May 13, 2008

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "this medicine works great I have tried so many others and this is the only one that truly worked for me."

Anonymous March 25, 2008

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "I have used Amerge for years for migraines and it has been great."

Anonymous March 5, 2008