User Reviews for Naratriptan

8.6

Summary of Naratriptan reviews 8.6 42 reviews

Reviews for Naratriptan

Nikko1212 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 16, 2019

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "So far, wonderful for migraines! I take Topamax daily and Amerge as a rescue med for breakthrough migraines (the majority brought on by weather changes), and it's been amazingly effective. Recommend if you are able to try it."

Dane12 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 19, 2019

For Migraine: "I started taking Naratriptan after Relpax didn’t work for me and had bad side affects. Naratriptan has been a true life saver for when my migraines start. I get an aura almost instantly with slight blindness, once that starts I take one right away. It usually kicks in within an hour or two and really helps tame the migraine. I do get really sleepy and my body feels heavy after taking it, but it doesn’t limit me from working or continuing on with my day."

PixySticks · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 9, 2018

For Migraine: "After a lifetime of failed medications for migraines this one finally works. Hardly any side effects. The trade off is severe depression and crying approximately 6 hours after taking it and lasts several hours. Still worth it."

Lyss · Taken for less than 1 month October 30, 2018

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "I was just prescribed this and I tried it for two migraines now. I uses 2.5 mg even with the second pill 2 hours later my migrane came back the next day."

Shell October 7, 2018

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "I have suffered with migraine for over 32 yrs, barometer changes mainly as I currently reside in the midwest "

Joey · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 19, 2018

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "I have found Amerge (Naratriptan) to be very effective at relieving my migraines. I recently found the generic version available at an online pharmacy for $16.00 for the 9 pill dose pack, so I would encourage others to shop around for better pricing."

Francy · Taken for 10 years or more April 27, 2018

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "I have had migraines since I was a child. Not often thankfully but I suffered miserably. My migraines really picked up at about 43 and finally went to see a doctor at 45. Honestly, nartriptan has saved my life. It works! I have to take it early onset or I'll just throw it up. Also, I try to lie down for at least an hour or two as it makes me sleepy and works best if I nap. When I awake, the pain is completely gone. I've never had to take two pills in one day. I've been on it for about 13 years."

SpoonieQueen · Taken for less than 1 month December 30, 2017

For Migraine: "I suffer from trigeminal neuralgia with my migraines & this medication is the first to actually work. In an hour or less all my pain is gone. I can take it and go to work because it doesn't make me groggy. The only downside is the doctor prescribes 9 a month. I have more than that per month. I was hesitant this would work because nothing has before. Thankful for Naratriptan!"

Izzybanana September 27, 2017

For Migraine: "I have been prescribed almost everything available to help migraine attacks EXCEPT for Botox. Since being on Naratriptan I have my life back. From having an attack last 5-7 days to almost immediate relief, one day groggy I'm so happy. Just doesn't put me to sleep. Best product ever. Average price in Australia about $40 for 4 tablets"

Mr S · Taken for less than 1 month July 5, 2017

For Migraine: "It works! Felt like a cooling sensation in my head/face. Made me drowsy so I jumped into bed and slept for a couple of hours. Woke up with some small migraine pain but overall reduced pain from a 10 to a 1. Didn't have the chest tightening side effect that I had with Sumitriptan."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2017

For Migraine: "Made migraine worse, then sleepy, chest pain/tightness. Sore scalp. Tender. Next day very sleepy still."

RPM6 February 4, 2017

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "Consistently effective to prevent daytime onset of cluster headache if taken between 5-6AM if prodromal. Works for approximately 22 hours at 2.5 mg single dose. Cost of 1 pill is now prohibitive at more than $50. Generic naratriptan 2.5 mg as Naratrex can be purchased overseas for 53 cents!"

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 20, 2016

For Migraine: "By far the best Migraine Medication I have ever taken and I have tried them all with little success and major side effects . With Amerge (Naratriptin) the only side effects I experience is a little sleepiness and sometimes a bout with minor depression but it much better than the migraine. II try to take it when the symptoms first begin and it will totally knock it out. If I take it once the migraine starts, it will still work by easing the pain and sometimes knock it out. I am able to fully function throughout the day I highly recommend this drug I"

jessica mc November 16, 2016

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "Its a really great medicine for migraines i been having them for over a year daily have tried several different medicines sum worked but the side effects was horrible tried naratriptan the first day migraine free for 2 days and every other time migraine free for a day. great medicine ill most definitely say its worth a try for bad migraines."

Han'sGigi · Taken for 10 years or more October 18, 2016

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "I have had migraines for 16 years. Initially, I was placed on Imitrex as an abortive medication. I have used injectable, nasal and oral Imitrex. I experienced migraines up to 20 days out of a month. After a period of time I began to have shortness of breath and chest pain with Imitrex in any form. It was very painful and quite scarey. I was then prescribed Amerge and it honestly saved my life. The migraines would subside within an hour and not return for several days....I have only had to take a second dose once or twice. I have absolutely no side affects from the Amerge, although my physician thought that I would since it is still a triptan. I highly recommend Amerge!!"

LewRon · Taken for 10 years or more September 25, 2016

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "I had MVA over 20 years ago leaving me w chronic migraines complete w nausea/ vomit, but I get the diarrhea issue frequently as well. They often begin w frequent urination. Amerge helps usually in first 10 minutes (only occasionally need the second dose In a day) I still usually need to relax in dark calm area but symptoms are more manageable. One problem is the dr usually only order 9/month which is not enough for a CHRONIC migrainer"

Jdotmil · Taken for 10 years or more August 26, 2016

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "Naratriptan has always worked for me. I tried other Triptans with no luck. Relpax made me very sick, imitrex did nothing. Amerge naratriptan takes the bad headache and throbbing eye sockets to minor level in 30 minutes. Slight muscle aches. Slightly tired but functional. Good med. Very glad I can get it for simple copayment."

passails May 14, 2016

For Migraine: "There is no migraine medicine that works for me except Relpax."

Fantabulous00 · Taken for less than 1 month April 3, 2016

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "I took the medicine for the first time last night 4/2/16, I was given the medication because I had an allergic reaction to Topamax. Amerge made me really sleepy, a little dizzy, draining ears and really bad heartburn. I'm not pleased with having these side effects especially not the nasty heartburn or the draining ears which are very itchy. The medication did work for me but I can't give it a 10 star due to the side effects. I'm not so sure that I would take this on a regular basis. If I do, I'm definitely going to take Zantac prior to taking the medication."

mesatsittinghere · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 17, 2016

For Migraine: "I first discovered Naratriptan as an OTC drug when living in Germany. I've had migraine for 36 years (mine started when I was nine years old) and have tried so many different drugs I can barely remember half of them. Paramax, Midrid (Midrin in the US), Topiramate (avoid, avoid, avoid!), Depakote (made me suicidal, also huge weight gain), Imigran (Imitrex in the US) (worse than useless, removed the pain but made all the other symptoms such as nausea, vertigo, photophobia much, much worse), I already take medication for high blood pressure and an anti-depressant so angiotensin drugs are out as are tricyclics (and amitriptyline never prevented them years ago when I took it for insomnia, anyway)..."

Katie Y · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 4, 2015

For Migraine: "I have suffered with migraines for 15 years and was at the end of my tether. Every attack made me bedridden for 2 days and then another day to fully recover. Thankfully I have a great doctor who prescribed Naratriptan after every other drug had failed. I take it as soon as I feel a migraine starting and within an hour it has totally gone. I have found that if I wake up with a migraine even this drug doesn't help but when I do get it in time it completely knocks it out. I am very lucky because I live in the UK and I get this drug on the NHS for a nominal prescription fee ("

Attorney in Miami · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 11, 2015

For Migraine: "I am a PI Trial Attorney with a consistently, high stressed job. I began experiencing migraines (which in fact were diagnosed by a well recognized UM Neurologist) at the age of 43 and have been experiencing them constantly to my current age of 46. I initially was prescribed a Rizatriptan, Maxalt. At first, I took the entire pill and it literally knocked me out. However, it did take the migraine from a 10 to a 1-2. I noticed though, as I began to take half thereafter, the migraine dissipated but would then come back necessitating my taking the other half several hours later. I was then given Amerge (Naratriptan). This drug has been a complete life saver. I have 2.5 mg pills and only need a half. Bar none, best migraine pill but expensive."

Bilse September 20, 2015

For Migraine: "I am a senior abd suffered since I was 7 years old. Starte out with the first triptan which was Imitrex. As soon as Amerge cane out my Doctor gave me a prescription and I found it most effective. No side effects and I could function. It was my lifesaver. Since it got so expensive I took Imitrex again. It just does no work for me. Lots of side effects and the headache comes back after a few hours. My insurance doesn't cover Amerge and I have suffered. I just had to get Amerge again so I can function. I do wish the cost wouldn't be so high."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 22, 2015

For Migraine: "First time using prescribed medication for my migraines. Migraines became a new issue after I turned 35. Chalk it up to hormonal change. Anyway, doctor prescribed it, tried it for the first time yesterday. Took it around 6:00pm, laid down because the migraine was already in effect...but I was pretty much out for the count which I didn't expect. Slept until 7:30am this morning. Happy the migraine is gone but I have a Trial on Monday and really could not afford to lose my day yesterday. I mean, having a migraine would also take me out of my routine...was hoping for medication that allowed me to go on with my life and just take care of the migraine. The result is not really what I'm looking for. plus, I'm feeling groggy this morning."

Hoyle shiiet · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 31, 2015

Amerge (naratriptan) for Migraine: "I use to take Imitrex but it came to the point I wasn't taking it because when I did I had to double dose & add in pain killers to knock the migraines to a tolerable level. This pill is way better then Imitrex & it truly works. Other then it taking a little bit longer to kick in than Imitrex, it works better. I usually am able to tell when I'm getting a migraine and take naratriptan at that time & it will kick it before the migraine does fully."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)