User Reviews for Treximet

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Treximet.

Migraine
8.9

Summary of Treximet reviews 8.9 83 reviews

Reviews for Treximet

For Migraine "I feel extremely nauseous and dizzy for about half an hour after taking these, but migraines make me feel nauseous anyways so it's a small price to pay for getting rid of the pain. While the nausea and hot flashes persist I like to think that the Treximet and the migraine are duking it out for superiority in my brain."

Steph2 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "This was absolutely horrible. I had a migraine at work and luckily I work for a DR office. I took one pill since that's all that's in the sample. About 10 mins later I was sweating, face was blood red, very very nauseated, felt weird, I was dizzy. I ended up having to leave work and go lay down. Here we are 12 hours later and still a migraine. I am glad to hear it works for most but I'd never take it again."

TipandJustin1432 June 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "I've been dealing with migraines since I was like 10 or 11. Any chemical/hormone change triggers them. I'm 31 and they gradually got to the point they would last for 3-4 days. During that time (and a few days after it was gone) I had uncontrollable vomiting. I couldn't work and worst of all, I couldn't take care of my kids. I finally went to the doctor and asked him to please fix me because no doctor could ever find something that worked. I feel like Treximet has given me my life back. Within 30 min - 2 hours (depending on how strong the migraine is when it hits) I start to feel it working. Usually by hour 3 I no longer have the migraine. I can't even describe what a relief it is to finally be free and able to focus on life."

Clumzyklutz March 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "I have dealt with horrible migraines pretty much on a daily basis for almost 14 years now. My Neurologist says I have some of the worst he's ever seen in all the years he's been in practice. I receive Botox treatments every 3 months and the only medicine that really alleviates the pain after trying dozens is Norco. Insurance wants to charge $32.00 per pill which I cannot afford, so luckily I get a few samples each month. With the exception of a couple times treximet always seems to help with in about a half hour or so. I would recommend treximet to anybody who has true migraine issues."

Mr. New York January 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "Yes, the migraine went away. Its the side effects. Appetite immediately went down the drain, irritable, most of all itchy. Itchy all over like crawling skin. Even worse the itching focused on my manhood if ya catch the drift. Loosing my mind.... I don't recommend it."

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!! September 18, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "I have been dealing with migraines for 20 years. Tightness in my neck, and head along with sensitivity to light. I always just dealt with them and took excedrin, aleve, Tylenol, motrin, just to name a few, and nothing really worked. I ended up finally going to a neurologist who happened to suffer from the same migraines that I have. He prescribed treximet along with amitriptilyne daily and my life has changed forever since that day. It WORKS! Once I feel a migraine coming on I take it and it is gone in 20 minutes. When I would get migraines before they would last for up to 4 days."

Mikeymikemichael July 16, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "I started getting migraines when I was 20 years old and now I'm 23 and get 6 a month. I tried numerous medications such as fiorcet, maxalt, topamax, etc. When my doctor prescribed me treximet I assumed it wouldn't work like all the others I tried. I got a horrible migraine and took a treximet and was relieved about 30 minutes later. I was so happy I started crying. I never thought I would find something to work and it was such a relief to know I won't have to suffer my whole life anymore."

Gary E. February 27, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "It never fails that I get a migraine each month about 1-4 days before my period starts. About that same time, I get terrible back pain from the way my body changes. They started hitting monthly when I turned 36. Yay aging! About 8 months I got a sudden migraine that was so bad I had to run out of an executive meeting and barely made it to the girls room, hand cupped over my mouth. It was embarrassing as I had just started this new job. I decided to see my GP. She put me on Treximet. They are $20 a pill but with my insurance I got 30 pills for $60 - yeha! I take one whenever I feel a migraine coming on. They work best at night for me. If I take in the day I feel flu-like and sweaty. But they work!"

Artsygyrl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "If you take it at the onset of the migraine, it's a phenomenal medication. Saved my soul."

Lady L (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 30, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "I generally always have a headache but can get through the day with no problems. But recently my headaches really trigger my migraines and with them I get nausea, sensitivity to light, and extreme pain in my head! When I explained this to my doctor he prescribed Treximet and I am so glad he did. I take one pill on my onset of a migraine and within 30-60 minutes I have complete relief. I'm so happy I found out about Treximet !"

Cassie_Frump August 24, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "I have to say I really love this medication. I have migraines 4 to 6 times a month. I try not to take it all the time due to me having hot and cold flashes. The first time I took it my head felt like I put something icy and hot on my brain. It's now going on a year and I still get hot and cold flashes but the side effects are worth it. I can work with being hot and cold. With my migraines I just want to lay in a ball and cry but know I can't because it will make it worst. This pill is a lot of money. I just wish it would come down in price."

Stephanie3535 August 7, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "Just wow. I frequently suffer from migraines and excedrin usually does the trick. Every so often I'll get these headaches that last for days and excedrin won't work. My doctor prescribed me Treximet and what a difference. I like this drug because if you don't take it at the beginning of a migraine it STILL works. I had a migraine for 24 hours+ and took one this morning. Within 30 min it was fading and in an hour it was gone. The first time I took Treximet I did have the neck stiffness and fatigue, but the second time no side effects except a dry mouth and heavy feeling in legs that passed quickly. So worth not having to deal with a headache that can really ruin your whole day and just make you want to lie in a cool dark room. Love Treximet."

StacyWill May 7, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "I have Migraines often and at times I have had to leave work due to the pain and nausea. My doctor gave me Treximet to try. I was amazed. My migraine eased or completely went away after 45 minutes to 1 hour after I took it and did not make me feel "hung over", drowsy or no other side effects. This medication is my miracle migraine medication."

KatHar (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 6, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "My doctor just prescribed me Treximet after my other medication wasnt working. I took it for the first time over the weekend. My head felt like it was on fire.. I see flushing is a side effect, but this was horrible. I couldnt touch my head, I could feel my hair follicles my head was so sensitive. The heat eventually made its way to my neck and shoulders. I was so uncomfortable until I fell asleep. I did wake up with my migraine gone, so that was a plus, but I would have preferred not to have dealt with the head on fire feeling, it was worse than my migraine. I'm talking with my doctor about it, maybe its something that goes away, or maybe I'm allergic. Pro: it worked Con: Painful side effect."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "This is the only medication that worked for my monthly migraine, my co-pay is very high & and sometimes I cut the pill in half. "

Sandra D. (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 4, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "Best headache medicine I've ever taken. The only one that takes care of a migraine well enough that I can still function. It's expensive, but worth every penny."

Dawn G. (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 7, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "This pill works perfectly. I've tried OTC meds, sumatriptan shots, etc this medicine works. The only thing is if I take a full dose (500) mg I feel weird, slight tightening in my neck for the first hour. I don't even care, it's worth it to get rid of these headaches which I get 4 to 5 times per month. I'd drive 100 miles to get them if I had to. Just hope they don't find out this is slowly killing people someday."

47 year old (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 6, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "Been using treximet since 2008. Was upgrade from relpax 40mg. I get 6-8 migraines per month. Treximet works faster than imitrex and relpax. For me, treximet is active within 30-40 min or 2 hours if the migraine is very strong. Imitrex took 4-6 hours, relpax took 2-3 hours. Only side effect is drowsiness. Very happy with results but prefer if it was not so expensive."

shellyv1980 October 29, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "Treximet works for me and nothing else has! The only weird side effect I get is sensitive skin...like if I take a shower or bath after taking Treximet, the water just burns my skin. Or even if I wash my hands with hot water. But it is a very small price to pay to get rid if the migraines. Very reliable!"

Alaskadoe March 18, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "I get probably 2 migraines a year, but when I do they are debilitating. I took Treximet with 2 minutes of my aura starting. 20 minutes later the aura was gone, and all the remained of the migraine's onslaught was some a very dull heaviness in my head, and some flushness. I would highly recommend this medicine. Ask your doctor for samples - that's how I got mine."

Drew C March 13, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "I took 1 Treximet pill in Jan. of 2012 and a 1/2 the following day. My migraines almost faded away for the last year. Throughout the 2012 year I still had small achey headaches, but nothing like before I put Treximet in my system. It is now a year later and I had my first migraine last week. I still have the same prescription from last year, so I don't have to buy anymore. I cut my caffeine to almost nothing and lots of natural sunlight. My headaches are fading out but I am going to take my yearly pill. I think this pill is worth every penny. Take this pill and find something to keep you busy."

MigraineFreeGal (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 31, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "Best migraine pill I have ever taken and I have tried them all. The headaches are debilitating and this medication is worth every penny. The rating is for effectiveness and I would rate higher if I could. It's a life saver. No migraine hangover, works quickly, and no relapse. Amazing"

Anonymous January 19, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "This medicine does get rid of my migraines, but I have to deal with feeling worse before I feel better, There also are times when it takes 2-3 hours to kick in, though the usual is about an hour. For me that's a very long time when you have a migraine getting worse."

Wolfie94 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 18, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "Been on many other migraine meds, this by far is the most effective, fastest working and no side effects."

Ohmyheadhurts November 22, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine "I get ongoing migraines about 1 to 2 times a week due to inflammation caused by a disease called Ankylosing Spondylitis, which attacks the joints and causes spinal fusion. This medication is INCREDIBLE. Yes, it's expensive without insurance but I have even started breaking the pills in half and my migraines are still wiped out in 20 minutes. Thank you to the creators of Treximet for saving my life."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 6, 2012