User Reviews for Naproxen / sumatriptan

Also known as: Treximet

Learn more about Naproxen/sumatriptan.

Naproxen/sumatriptan Rating Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 131 medications used in the treatment of Migraine.

Reviews for Naproxen/sumatriptan to treat Migraine

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "I have been dealing with migraines for 20 years. Tightness in my neck, and head along with sensitivity to light. I always just dealt with them and took excedrin, aleve, Tylenol, motrin, just to name a few, and nothing really worked. I ended up finally going to a neurologist who happened to suffer from the same migraines that I have. He prescribed treximet along with amitriptilyne daily and my life has changed forever since that day. It WORKS! Once I feel a migraine coming on I take it and it is gone in 20 minutes. When I would get migraines before they would last for up to 4 days."

Mikeymikemichael July 16, 2016

"My migraines usually consit of aura, numb hand/face/nose, and aphasia, followed by the severe headache alongside nausea and vomiting. They usually last about 3-5 hours until I can function again. I had been taking naproxen for my painful menstrual cramps. It worked quite well for this, and so when I felt my hand going numb last night I took a naproxen right away to see if it would help the migraine. Well, I still had most of the symptoms prior to the headache, however the headache itself was much less intense (about a 4/10 on the pain scale compared to an 8 or 9). I also did not feel nauseous and did not experience any vomiting. I highly recommend trying naproxen for migraine treatment. It made mine much less severe. I swear by it now."

Kim455 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 27, 2016

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "I started getting migraines when I was 20 years old and now I'm 23 and get 6 a month. I tried numerous medications such as fiorcet, maxalt, topamax, etc. When my doctor prescribed me treximet I assumed it wouldn't work like all the others I tried. I got a horrible migraine and took a treximet and was relieved about 30 minutes later. I was so happy I started crying. I never thought I would find something to work and it was such a relief to know I won't have to suffer my whole life anymore."

Gary E. February 27, 2016

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "It never fails that I get a migraine each month about 1-4 days before my period starts. About that same time, I get terrible back pain from the way my body changes. They started hitting monthly when I turned 36. Yay aging! About 8 months I got a sudden migraine that was so bad I had to run out of an executive meeting and barely made it to the girls room, hand cupped over my mouth. It was embarrassing as I had just started this new job. I decided to see my GP. She put me on Treximet. They are $20 a pill but with my insurance I got 30 pills for $60 - yeha! I take one whenever I feel a migraine coming on. They work best at night for me. If I take in the day I feel flu-like and sweaty. But they work!"

Artsygyrl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 13, 2016

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "If you take it at the onset of the migraine, it's a phenomenal medication. Saved my soul."

Lady L (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 30, 2016

"I get migraines with and without pain. But usually have blurred vision and nausea. I believe its food related. I've kept a log of food intake, activities, allergies. It comes down to flour, msg, gluten."

Anonymous January 28, 2016

"I suffer from daily, chronic migraines. Sometimes lasts more than a day. My doctor prescribed me Naproxen, and it has benefited me so much. I had a headache for a little over 2 days. I took the pill and within 30 min, my migraine is gone. It has really helped me and I couldn't be happier."

Shelly Gel November 10, 2015

"My daughter has had migraines for the past 3 years since she was 9. As recommended by her neurologist, she has benefited tremendously by religiously taking Migrelief (OTC magnesium/feverfew/Vitamin B pill) with breakfast & dinner daily to prevent migraines, along with getting enough sleep, staying hydrated, & taking electrolyte pills when she exercises/swims or in excessive heat. And at the earliest sign of vision blurriness or onset, she takes one adult Aleve (naproxen) & one 50mg sumatriptan (generic form of Imitrex) & tries to rest/nap (better than either alone). Treximet is just a combination of these 2 drugs (sumatriptan & naproxen) but it is much cheaper to take them separately yourself than getting Treximet, still under patent."

carock (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 4, 2015

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "I generally always have a headache but can get through the day with no problems. But recently my headaches really trigger my migraines and with them I get nausea, sensitivity to light, and extreme pain in my head! When I explained this to my doctor he prescribed Treximet and I am so glad he did. I take one pill on my onset of a migraine and within 30-60 minutes I have complete relief. I'm so happy I found out about Treximet !"

Cassie_Frump August 24, 2015

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "I have to say I really love this medication. I have migraines 4 to 6 times a month. I try not to take it all the time due to me having hot and cold flashes. The first time I took it my head felt like I put something icy and hot on my brain. It's now going on a year and I still get hot and cold flashes but the side effects are worth it. I can work with being hot and cold. With my migraines I just want to lay in a ball and cry but know I can't because it will make it worst. This pill is a lot of money. I just wish it would come down in price."

Stephanie3535 August 7, 2015

"I have been suffering from what I thought was sinus pressure. Only to find out it was a migraine. This has been going on for two days. Vomiting , pain piercing my right eye and neck pain. About an hour after taking this med almost all my pain and vomiting is gone. I'm in love with this pill. Great med."

Tdebord June 10, 2015

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "Just wow. I frequently suffer from migraines and excedrin usually does the trick. Every so often I'll get these headaches that last for days and excedrin won't work. My doctor prescribed me Treximet and what a difference. I like this drug because if you don't take it at the beginning of a migraine it STILL works. I had a migraine for 24 hours+ and took one this morning. Within 30 min it was fading and in an hour it was gone. The first time I took Treximet I did have the neck stiffness and fatigue, but the second time no side effects except a dry mouth and heavy feeling in legs that passed quickly. So worth not having to deal with a headache that can really ruin your whole day and just make you want to lie in a cool dark room. Love Treximet."

StacyWill May 7, 2015

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "I have Migraines often and at times I have had to leave work due to the pain and nausea. My doctor gave me Treximet to try. I was amazed. My migraine eased or completely went away after 45 minutes to 1 hour after I took it and did not make me feel "hung over", drowsy or no other side effects. This medication is my miracle migraine medication."

KatHar (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 6, 2014

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "My doctor just prescribed me Treximet after my other medication wasnt working. I took it for the first time over the weekend. My head felt like it was on fire.. I see flushing is a side effect, but this was horrible. I couldnt touch my head, I could feel my hair follicles my head was so sensitive. The heat eventually made its way to my neck and shoulders. I was so uncomfortable until I fell asleep. I did wake up with my migraine gone, so that was a plus, but I would have preferred not to have dealt with the head on fire feeling, it was worse than my migraine. I'm talking with my doctor about it, maybe its something that goes away, or maybe I'm allergic. Pro: it worked Con: Painful side effect."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2014

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "This is the only medication that worked for my monthly migraine, my co-pay is very high & and sometimes I cut the pill in half. "

Sandra D. (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 4, 2014

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "Best headache medicine I've ever taken. The only one that takes care of a migraine well enough that I can still function. It's expensive, but worth every penny."

Dawn G. (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 7, 2013

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "This pill works perfectly. I've tried OTC meds, sumatriptan shots, etc this medicine works. The only thing is if I take a full dose (500) mg I feel weird, slight tightening in my neck for the first hour. I don't even care, it's worth it to get rid of these headaches which I get 4 to 5 times per month. I'd drive 100 miles to get them if I had to. Just hope they don't find out this is slowly killing people someday."

47 year old (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 6, 2013

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "Been using treximet since 2008. Was upgrade from relpax 40mg. I get 6-8 migraines per month. Treximet works faster than imitrex and relpax. For me, treximet is active within 30-40 min or 2 hours if the migraine is very strong. Imitrex took 4-6 hours, relpax took 2-3 hours. Only side effect is drowsiness. Very happy with results but prefer if it was not so expensive."

shellyv1980 October 29, 2013

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "Treximet works for me and nothing else has! The only weird side effect I get is sensitive skin...like if I take a shower or bath after taking Treximet, the water just burns my skin. Or even if I wash my hands with hot water. But it is a very small price to pay to get rid if the migraines. Very reliable!"

Alaskadoe March 18, 2013

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "I get probably 2 migraines a year, but when I do they are debilitating. I took Treximet with 2 minutes of my aura starting. 20 minutes later the aura was gone, and all the remained of the migraine's onslaught was some a very dull heaviness in my head, and some flushness. I would highly recommend this medicine. Ask your doctor for samples - that's how I got mine."

Drew C March 13, 2013

"Very effective. Incredibly expensive."

longtail (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 26, 2013

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "I took 1 Treximet pill in Jan. of 2012 and a 1/2 the following day. My migraines almost faded away for the last year. Throughout the 2012 year I still had small achey headaches, but nothing like before I put Treximet in my system. It is now a year later and I had my first migraine last week. I still have the same prescription from last year, so I don't have to buy anymore. I cut my caffeine to almost nothing and lots of natural sunlight. My headaches are fading out but I am going to take my yearly pill. I think this pill is worth every penny. Take this pill and find something to keep you busy."

MigraineFreeGal (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 31, 2013

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "Best migraine pill I have ever taken and I have tried them all. The headaches are debilitating and this medication is worth every penny. The rating is for effectiveness and I would rate higher if I could. It's a life saver. No migraine hangover, works quickly, and no relapse. Amazing"

Anonymous January 19, 2013

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "This medicine does get rid of my migraines, but I have to deal with feeling worse before I feel better, There also are times when it takes 2-3 hours to kick in, though the usual is about an hour. For me that's a very long time when you have a migraine getting worse."

Wolfie94 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 18, 2012

Treximet (naproxen / sumatriptan): "Been on many other migraine meds, this by far is the most effective, fastest working and no side effects."

Ohmyheadhurts November 22, 2012