User Reviews for Nabilone to treat Fibromyalgia

Also known as: Cesamet

Nabilone has an average rating of 8.8 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Fibromyalgia. 88% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Nabilone Rating Summary

8.8/10 average rating

Compare all 30 medications used in the treatment of Fibromyalgia.

Cuba Dave · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 26, 2014

“Recently prescribed Nabilone for Fibromyalgia general pain. Do not hesitate to try this medicine. Been in pain for over 10 years with my doctor prescribing various SSRI's and SNRI's for what he believed to be depression and/or anxiety. I was also experimented on with Lyrica, Cymbalta, amitriptyline, Wellbutrin, etc. I was on 11 pill medications a day (I am only 49 years old and in relatively good physical condition). I am now on 3 (acid reflex, blood pressure and now Nabilone). ”

Tom · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 3, 2018

“I got my doctor to prescribe this after I tried medical Cannabis because I can't afford Cannabis. In a dosage of 0.5mg twice daily it is perfect. It helps diminish pain and treat my anxiety and gives me the ability to be less serious and laugh sometimes which is nice because my illnesses have left me feeling depressed and awful. In higher dosages I see no benefit. Use the lowest dose possible or bad side effects like dizziness and paranoia can occur at higher doses. For me it is identical to edible Cannabis in effect except it lasts longer. There is no addictive quality that I have noticed. It is helpful for sleep as well. The only complaint I have is there is always a shortage of the drug and it has been on back order for months in Canada. Luckily I have a supply from a little pharmacy that had lots left. Its worth a try and feels like edible cannabis but less psychedelic and more sedating.”

ibangdrum July 15, 2013

“It did take 4-5 days of using this medication before the positive effects appeared. It is working well with very slight side effects, mostly extreme dry mouth & disturbed sleep (odd thoughts & dreams). I have been taking this now for 2 months and will continue with it as long as my Doctor agrees.”

brag February 18, 2018

“II have chronic pain, arthritis, osteo arthritis, sciatica nerve pain. I have been very happy with my nabilone and use it mostly before bedtime for a good painless nights sleep. I did have a bit of a headache a few times but not all the time or from nabilone. Have used it for about 8 months and no side effects or complaints. I have gluacoma and macular degeneration in my eyes, but vision is the same as before use of nabilone.”

Anonymous November 16, 2011

Cesamet (nabilone): “No side effects other than increased appetite during my first week of treatment, hugely increased quality of life. Can't sing Cesamet's praises enough!”

Carolyn12345 July 23, 2015

“I have used nabilone for 2 months. The nabilone eased off all fibro pain. I still have pain but it is very manageable. I don't know why this was not offered a long time ago.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2016

“My eyesight was affected and I was badly disoriented”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 31, 2017

“I have tried and am presently using other pain medicine but have been able to reduce the dosages after taking Nabilone for only one week.”

TruMon · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 3, 2019

“Great medicine for my chronic knee pain. Recommend all the way”

Learn more about Fibromyalgia