User Reviews for Cytotec to treat Abortion

Cytotec has an average rating of 8.6 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Abortion. 88% of those users who reviewed Cytotec reported a positive effect, while 13% reported a negative effect.

Cytotec Rating Summary

8.6/10 average rating

Compare all 12 medications used in the treatment of Abortion.

Heena · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 8, 2021

“It is really effective and strong medication. I recommend it”

Dolly February 20, 2021

“I was prescribed this after it was found I had a missed miscarriage at just shy of ten weeks.The doc first gave me 18 tabs with instructions to take 600 mcg every 6 hours for up to 6 doses. It did nothing but give me severe runny stools. I called in for another round as a last ditch effort before scheduling a D&C. I did research and its actually recommended to use 800 mcg inserted vaginally high up near the cervix and you can repeat this once in a 24 hour period. The reason some docs don't prescribe it this way is that there were some women who ended up with severe infection so SCRUB YOUR HANDS with soap and water if you choose to do it this way. I inserted the 4 tabs before bed and woke up 8 hours later with mild cramping that quickly progressed to severe with lots of blood. I bled through three pads in 60 minutes and then passed the fetus after 10 hours. The pain eased up a bit and 2 hours later I passed the placenta. Things gradually eased up after that into like a heavy period.”

Anna January 7, 2021

“I was almost 9 week. Took the first pill and didn’t feel any difference at first. Had the lightest cramps later that night but that’s all. Took the second medicine 48 hours later, inserted 4 pills in my vagina. 1 hour later cramping started, but it was just like regular period. Another hour passed and cramping got worse. Quickly it turned into the most painful cramps I’ve even felt in my life. They lasted about 1-1.5 hours before I felt like something ‘unlocked’ and I started bleeding very heavily. Pain decreased immediately. The heaviest bleeding with large clots lasted about 3 hours and then it slowed down. Now over 24 hours later I’m feeling great with very light cramping every now and then. I just wish someone had told me that pain was gonna be that bad so I could prepare for it. I don’t mean to scare anyone but be prepared for almost unbearable pain. Have pain relievers ready. One the pregnancy passes you’ll feel so much better.”

Anonymous April 18, 2020

“First off, I’d like to say everyone is different and has a different tolerance for pain. I did this at 6 weeks. Before I took the pills I read these reviews and some had me scared to death, I thought about just not doing anything but I finally had the courage to go through with it. I took the 2 orally then the other 4 inserted vaginally around 9:10pm and maybe 2 hours later I started having mild cramps, like my normal period cramps. I went to bed and woke up still mild cramps but surprisingly no bleeding. I didn’t pass any clots till about 10 hours later I passed my first clot the size of a lollipop lol. Then it was just like a normal period afterwards. Was better than I expected. So relax guys!! All the best.”

1426 · Taken for less than 1 month August 8, 2020

“I’m 20 years old with a very strong stomach. I took the first pill at the clinic around 11:30, I was tired and slightly nauseous but I was prescribed promethazine which helped the nausea. by 9am the next morning I was bleeding a small amount. I decided to eat a meal, take 800mg of ibuprofen that I was prescribed and another promethazine for nausea. 45 minutes after the pain medicine and nausea medicine, I placed 2 cytotec in each cheek - which dissolved in 15 minutes. I felt the most intense cramping and pain and was honestly screaming in agony. The pain was so severe I threw up everything in my stomach and had diarrhea, this all lasted about 30 minutes and then I began to do breathing exercises that helped calm the pain and made me fall asleep. After that I had very moderate cramping that was very manageable. Drink lots of water, sleep a lot and stay calm. You can do it.”

Samantha_b March 13, 2016

“I was 12 weeks when I went for my first ultrasound and they told me the baby had stopped developing at 8 weeks they did a follow up appointment to see if anything had changed and it didn't they told me it was a missed miscarriage and to speed up the process I was prescribed two pills inserted vaginally of cytotec I took it at 5:30pm by 11:30 I had started bleeding and had contractions at 2 am I was bleeding to much and went the the hospital where I passed the baby and was released at 8am the same morning it was probably the worse pain I have ever experienced but I found it a better option then the D&C, it worked for me but I'd advise to anyone taking it to take ibuprofen or Advil before hand to help with the pain”

Ghada90 January 7, 2021

“I was pregnant on the 8th week and I had a really hard time. I had a medical abortion, I take Mifepriston at the clinic and Cytotec two days later intravagainally at home. I had no bleeding at all after mifepriston but I felt really sick two days after and I started to vomit. I took the cytotec 40 hours after the the Mifepriston. Before taking the cytotec I took 4 tablets of paracetamol, 2 tablets of 50 mg diclofenac based on the dr recommendation. I inserted the 4 cytotec tablets deep in the vagina. Then I started to experience a very unpleasant moderate to severe pain. 40 minutes after taking the cytotec I took 5mg oxycodone, but I threw up 20 minutes after. One hour after the cytotec I started to bleed. 2 hours after the cytotec I felt like some clots and tissue are being expelled from my body (I was sitting in the toilet). I felt a lot of relief after that. The pulsating pain of Cytotec lasted for at least 10 hours. I used hot bag to ease the pain.”

Rosey March 29, 2020

“I was prescribed cytotec 2 abort 3 weeks pregnancy but it failed I just had pains but nothing came out. Even when I used it 4 times.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 11, 2020

“I used it in 3 weeks pregnancy I took 2 orally and inserted 2 at 11:45pm but I haven't experienced anything in the morning. It didn't work for me”

Tando January 2, 2015

“Had used it to induce unwanted pregnancy and it worked immediately. At first I got scared as I was clotting nonstop but suddenly I did.”

jeeny · Taken for less than 1 month September 5, 2018

“I was prescribed these pills to end my pregnancy. There were real cramps which I somehow managed with heating pads.”

Learn more about Abortion