User Reviews for Savella (Page 3)

Learn more about Savella.

Fibromyalgia 279 reviews 20 medications

6.8
Summary of Savella reviews 279 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Savella

For Fibromyalgia "I started Savella 2 months ago for Fibromyalgia, I also have DDD, a C-spine fusion from 2-6, chronic spondylosis, sciatica, and migraine. I used 2 titration packages, using the same dosage for day one out of each package before moving to the next day, etc. That way it prolonged the rising of levels. I had been on Neurontin for many years and even though it helped tremendously for a long while, I started having pins and needle feelings in my legs, abdomen, etc. that an increase in dose didn't help. I still have nausea and a tired feeling, but believe some of it might be due to decreasing Gabapentin as I went up on Savella. Having said all of this, I am not having nearly as much pain as before!"

Lilylelani (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2013

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I started Savella a little over a month ago and had not experienced any side effects until the last two weeks. Palpitations/ elevated resting heart rate and right sided headaches, which I did not realize were due to this medication because I didn't experience any initial side effects. Overall muscle pain has been greatly reduced, energy increased. Bummed out that I may have to stop due to the new side effects."

Seref (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "I have had a daily chronic migraine on top of the fibromyalgia since November 1999 along with several other problems. I have been on a LOT of different meds over the years. I started taking Savella in October of 2012 and after I had my dose upped to 100 mg 2x daily I realized one day that I was having a bad migraine. I then realized that I had been having many more good days than bad days and very few days spent laying in a dark room praying for overwhelming sleep. I actually have had migraine free days! My mood has been a little better, overall pain is somewhat better and I have had no side effects. So overall I consider it a success. I also still take Cymbalta, Neurontin, Topamax, Oxycodone and a couple of others. Good luck!"

CS Drenk (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 20, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "I like Savella better than Lyrica. It works well for me, even though I'm in a physical job. I still hurt, but it's better than nothing and there aren't really any side effects. When I first started it, I did tend to get hot really fast, but that has gone away."

krismichelle (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 11, 2013

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I was on the study to get Savella approved in US.I went from only being able to work 8 hours a week to 40 hours thanks to Savella. Changed my life for the better."

Gingergirl8 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 23, 2013

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "After two months on Savella, I feel like I have gotten my life back! Like others, it hasn't really helped with the neck pain, but all of my other pains have virtually disappeared. I did start even slower than recommended taking a full month to reach the recommended dose of 50mg 2 X day. Side effects include brief nausea 30 minutes after I take a dose, but try to always take with food and this helps. The sweating is bad, but not unbearable. Will see how it goes in the summer. "

Delaeny March 6, 2013

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "60% improvement in pain. 20 years with Fibromyalgia. 46 old female. 110 lbs. Have not seen one mention of thoughts of death or suicide. I experienced this at the 25mg 2X/day. Experience less depression and crying less though. Found myself singing at times and noticed pain not as intense and it was normally extreme. Less neuropathy. Had night sweats. Feeling extreme cold especially hands and feet. Had no drive and wanted to just sit or lay down and not complete or attempt chores. Could not focus and forgetful. I was on Elavil before that made me feel like a zombie but did help with mobility but not so much for pain. The doctor wants me off Savella in two days because of the suicidal thoughts. Says he can't help and sending to pain management."

rejoiceinlife March 6, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "Worked for everything but my neck"

southernmomma (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "I started taking Savella in Jan 2013 after years of other meds for my fibromyalgia. I've had it diagnosed since 1997. The worst side effect is the huge sweats. It was like going through the menopause again. Whew....and I've lost weight, which is a good thing. This sweating may be going away, since I only had three sweat attacks this week. Great med for calming down the fibromyalgia symptoms."

polrbear56 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2013

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "Gives me more energy and less pain."

LindaLee1941 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 18, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "I started taking Savella about 7 years ago and still use it today. I started taking it in the drug testing phase before it was released to the public. I started out on only 10 mg 3 times daily and slowly built up to 75 mg in the morning and 50 mg at night. In the beginning the side effects were nausea, dry mouth and headache. After a couple of years..high blood pressure too now managed with meds. The benefits far outweigh the side effects. I ride my bike 3 miles a day and work 40 hours a week at a physically demanding job. Stick with it until the side effects subside. It will be worth it."

Mickeys1 January 27, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "I have been on Cymbalta for one year, since G.P. thought I probably have Fibromyalgia. Helped with exhaustion and depression but not so much on pain. Saw a Rheumatologist last week and she confirmed the diagnosis and started me on Savella also. Have only taken 12.5mg for 4 days but my pain is already greatly reduced. No side effects yet, maybe a little bit of a "manic" feeling like I had too much caffeine."

Emilie's mom January 27, 2013

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "Definitely helps."

Lsu1fan (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 16, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "I have been on Savella 12.5mg for three weeks. The horrible aching in my legs that kept me up at night is gone however the pain in neck and shoulders still there. I also have degenerative osteoarthritis (herniated discs) in my lower back. The one thing I noticed with this medication is that I sleep better at night. So far, only dry mouth is a side effect and this is great since I am very sensitive to many medications."

Lindi13 January 11, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "This medicine helped a lot with the pain. The problem was the side effects. I did not mind the weight loss, but the sweating and the high blood pressure were side effects that could not be ignored. Therefore, I had to stop taking it."

Minders8 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "Some people have commented that their insurance does not cover this medication. I used to have medicare but don't anymore. I went to the Forest Pharmaceutical website where I applied for their patient assistance program. I qualified for the medication for free. You have to go through your doctor and you have to re-apply every 3 months but it is worth it! I was so afraid I would have to stop working, because Savella was working so well for me, I did not want to quit using it. Your doctor probably has some samples you can take while you are waiting for approval from Forest Pharmaceuticals."

tessyib January 4, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "I loved this medicine. It worked extremely well for my fibromyalgia symptoms. Unfortunately I had some severe side effects and had to stop taking it. Blood pressure up to 187/90 and severe headaches even after a month on it...If you only have minor side effects this may be well worth for some."

HeatherFL (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I've tried many medications for Fibromyalgia. Most of which made me tired and lethargic all the time. They also made me sick constantly! Ever since I started taking the Savella, I've felt much better on a day to day basis. The Savella doesn't help with all the symptoms, but it takes away a lot of the burning feeling/sensation and also helps with the anxiety and depression as well. I wouldn't trade it for anything else!"

Slpybr67 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 11, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "Savella has been life changing for me. When I initially started the titration pack I had no issues. When moving to the 50mg twice a day, the 1st couple days were rough. So, I moved to taking 25mg in the morning and 50 mg at night. I have only had a couple of very tolerable side effects since (flushing and sweating more than normal). These side effects are more than worth it. I have my life back for the first time in more than 4 years. One thing that is really important is taking it with food and around the same time each day. The difference in my life has brought me to tears (of joy). I would recommend this to others. Don't give up if at first it didn't work for you. Try again and stick with it."

MDC44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "Within the first few days of starting Savella the pain in my arms and legs had disappeared and I was more alert during the day. I had slight nausea and sadness as I completed the titration process, but these symptoms did eventually go away. One of the best things that happened during this time was that my weight stabilized after steadily gaining for 6 months due to the constant exhaustion. Unfortunately my neck and back pain initially worsened but returned to my personal base line after a few weeks. This pain has not gone away, but stayed with me. My only problem may be something unique to me - It took away my drive to be active. I finally have the energy, but now have no desire. Wish I knew how to work this out."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I was taking 50mg 2x a day for my fibromyalgia pain. It was working well for my pain but now I'm having side effects. I get a headache and nausea after I take the medicine. I also suffer from chronic migraine headaches so this is very bad to have a medicine adding to my headache problems. I'm so frustrated. Without this medicine I ache so bad I get a headache and I'm miserable but with it I have a migraine. I've probably been on Savella for 3 months now. I've had to cut back to 25mg 1x daily and take Lyrica at night. I will say too that I still had bad shoulder tension while on the medicine, but the rest of my fibromyalgia pain was gone. I was getting my life back."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I have been taking Savella for over a year, it helped with the pain but the side effects kept getting worse for me, not better. The profuse sweating got worse. It finally became unbearable and I had to stop the medication. I was changing clothes 2 and 3 times a day, and taking 2 showers a day due to the sweating. Also caused body odor."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "Caused severe heart palpitations. Resting heart rate at a constant 155 bpm. After being taken off by doctor did notice it helped amazing with my fibromyalgia pain. I actually forgot for a few weeks about my constant pain. Since being off it pain is back. Wish I didn't have the side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "Immediate relief within hours. No longer living in pain every day. I just pray this continues."

Anonymous July 5, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I have been on Savella for maybe 3 months now. I have seen improvement in my pain BUT the extreme sweating is causing me to rethink if the Savella is worth it. I am a nurse and it's very embarrassing when I have to step out of a room to wipe my face before I start an IV (one of my patients thought her IV was leaking and I had to tell her, "No, it's me". Yesterday was the worst day... My hair was never dry and I was dripping sweat in my face and my eyes were burning. I ordered a sweat band (did not want to do) and will try this before I stop the medication. Hope this helps you."

ukelele June 25, 2012