User Reviews for Savella (Page 3)

Learn more about Savella.

Fibromyalgia 289 reviews 20 medications

6.8
Summary of Savella reviews 289 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Savella

For Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome "Have been taking Savella for 3.5 months - started because of chemo induced neuropathy. The only side effect that I did not know was a side effect until I read this board, was sweating in head area. I was having severe pain in both hands and arms and it is virtually gone. Also, I have lost 13 lbs. and could not figure out what why - guess this could be the miracle for weight loss. Very pleased with Savella, wish I had known about it two years ago."

zieMc September 27, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I found Savella helpful for my fibromyalgia. I was on 50 mg x day. I was probably on it two years when I began to get high blood pressure, palpitations, drenching sweats and a general feeling of unrest. I stopped taking it and all side effects began to leave. I could not tolerate taking it anymore. I did not think it was really doing much until I stopped taking it and as it left my system I began feeling flare ups of fibromyalgia symptoms. I find I am sensitive to Neurontin, Lyrica, prednisone, many medications."

Tried it September 3, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "Caused suicidal thoughts."

wwjdntx1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 31, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I have been taking Savella for about 4 weeks, 2 weeks at 50mg morning and night and have been having lots of side effects, almost flu like symptoms. Weakness, shakes, lightheadedness, cold, then hot. I have been reading lots of reviews, because I didn't think it could be this medicine, but I guess it can be. I work graveyards and I think I might try 50 mg in the morning and 25 mg at night and go from there. I was on Lyrica for 9 yrs and it was so expensive and the Savella is half the copay Lyrica was. I'm not ready to give up on it yet, but I am so hot all the time, but the weight gain from Lyrica was the reason I decided to try Savella since my insurance will cover now. I'm hoping for the best. Good Luck."

Lori N. August 27, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I visited a rheumatologist the first time about 3 or 4 months ago because my osteoarthritis appeared to have worsened over many months. I had gone to my family doctor but he couldn't understand the reason for my pain becoming so severe with my osteoarthritis. I was frustrated as a nurse because I walk a lot at the hospital. The pain was more than I could stand, starting at my lower back, down my right hip, and on down to my right leg above my knee. I cried numerous times with this discomfort. I could tolerate the pain with my swollen knuckles, loss of cartilage in the knees or any other pain, but NOT the back pain. I have been taking Savella & the back pain is significantly reduced! I do have heavy sweats and I remember my dreams."

Riversunday August 4, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "On Savella for about 3 months now, works great for me. So far no side effects."

pickme (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I've been suffering with overall pain for approximately 10 years now. I went to the doctor 9 years ago who said he thought I had fibromyalgia, and I would have this pain for the rest of my life because there is no know medication that would help. Then a month ago the pain was getting so bad I couldn't sleep. I decided to go to a specialist who told me I do have fibromyalgia. I was given a sample of Savella, and it worked right away. I've been taking it for almost a month now and I have not felt this good for years! After reading all the side effects everyone is having has scared me. I don't want to stop taking Savella and get all that terrible pain back. I guess I better count my blessing and enjoy for now."

suzpainfree July 16, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome "I have had a severe case RSD/CRPS1 since 2007, as it began with an injury to my spinal cord in 2006 after a fracture. I have been on, and am still on, many medications to treat different aspects of it. I have been taking Savella since 2009 to help with the severe burning in both my feet, as well as my legs and pelvis. I also experience something that feels like a red hot fire poker sticking in the bottom of my foot. Savella has been the only medicine that has helped reduce these symptoms- and I have tried every single medicine out there for nerve pain/burning- either with horrible side effects or no results. Savella has worked the best. The only issue is I do notice headaches as I titrated up on the medicine."

1brokenbone June 29, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "This is a tough one. I've been taking Savella for not quite a year. I have no known side effects, taking twice daily x 50mgs other than slight drying but I take other meds that also could be suspect. Here's my report. It mainly helped take the stiffness, pins and needles out of my knuckles in my hands for months BUT know that is coming back. I think my body is getting used to it and its not working any longer, at least not as well. My Doc and I talked about going to 100 mgs but have not. I still have to take Vicoprofen for my Fibromyalgia. Nothing else takes the overall tiredness and pain away like that. Even though its not my miracle drug I like it enough to pay my $45 monthly script for it."

Bob McWilliams May 30, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I have been taking Savella for 2 years now. I was giving this medication for my migraines and it has worked on both my migraines and fibromyalgia. I don't like paying so much for it but it is worth."

Nana (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 6, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I started Savella 2 months ago for Fibromyalgia, I also have DDD, a C-spine fusion from 2-6, chronic spondylosis, sciatica, and migraine. I used 2 titration packages, using the same dosage for day one out of each package before moving to the next day, etc. That way it prolonged the rising of levels. I had been on Neurontin for many years and even though it helped tremendously for a long while, I started having pins and needle feelings in my legs, abdomen, etc. that an increase in dose didn't help. I still have nausea and a tired feeling, but believe some of it might be due to decreasing Gabapentin as I went up on Savella. Having said all of this, I am not having nearly as much pain as before!"

Lilylelani (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I started Savella a little over a month ago and had not experienced any side effects until the last two weeks. Palpitations/ elevated resting heart rate and right sided headaches, which I did not realize were due to this medication because I didn't experience any initial side effects. Overall muscle pain has been greatly reduced, energy increased. Bummed out that I may have to stop due to the new side effects."

Seref (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I have had a daily chronic migraine on top of the fibromyalgia since November 1999 along with several other problems. I have been on a LOT of different meds over the years. I started taking Savella in October of 2012 and after I had my dose upped to 100 mg 2x daily I realized one day that I was having a bad migraine. I then realized that I had been having many more good days than bad days and very few days spent laying in a dark room praying for overwhelming sleep. I actually have had migraine free days! My mood has been a little better, overall pain is somewhat better and I have had no side effects. So overall I consider it a success. I also still take Cymbalta, Neurontin, Topamax, Oxycodone and a couple of others. Good luck!"

CS Drenk (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 20, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I like Savella better than Lyrica. It works well for me, even though I'm in a physical job. I still hurt, but it's better than nothing and there aren't really any side effects. When I first started it, I did tend to get hot really fast, but that has gone away."

krismichelle (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 11, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I was on the study to get Savella approved in US.I went from only being able to work 8 hours a week to 40 hours thanks to Savella. Changed my life for the better."

Gingergirl8 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 23, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "After two months on Savella, I feel like I have gotten my life back! Like others, it hasn't really helped with the neck pain, but all of my other pains have virtually disappeared. I did start even slower than recommended taking a full month to reach the recommended dose of 50mg 2 X day. Side effects include brief nausea 30 minutes after I take a dose, but try to always take with food and this helps. The sweating is bad, but not unbearable. Will see how it goes in the summer. "

Delaeny March 6, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "60% improvement in pain. 20 years with Fibromyalgia. 46 old female. 110 lbs. Have not seen one mention of thoughts of death or suicide. I experienced this at the 25mg 2X/day. Experience less depression and crying less though. Found myself singing at times and noticed pain not as intense and it was normally extreme. Less neuropathy. Had night sweats. Feeling extreme cold especially hands and feet. Had no drive and wanted to just sit or lay down and not complete or attempt chores. Could not focus and forgetful. I was on Elavil before that made me feel like a zombie but did help with mobility but not so much for pain. The doctor wants me off Savella in two days because of the suicidal thoughts. Says he can't help and sending to pain management."

rejoiceinlife March 6, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "Worked for everything but my neck"

southernmomma (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I started taking Savella in Jan 2013 after years of other meds for my fibromyalgia. I've had it diagnosed since 1997. The worst side effect is the huge sweats. It was like going through the menopause again. Whew....and I've lost weight, which is a good thing. This sweating may be going away, since I only had three sweat attacks this week. Great med for calming down the fibromyalgia symptoms."

polrbear56 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "Gives me more energy and less pain."

LindaLee1941 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 18, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I started taking Savella about 7 years ago and still use it today. I started taking it in the drug testing phase before it was released to the public. I started out on only 10 mg 3 times daily and slowly built up to 75 mg in the morning and 50 mg at night. In the beginning the side effects were nausea, dry mouth and headache. After a couple of years..high blood pressure too now managed with meds. The benefits far outweigh the side effects. I ride my bike 3 miles a day and work 40 hours a week at a physically demanding job. Stick with it until the side effects subside. It will be worth it."

Mickeys1 January 27, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I have been on Cymbalta for one year, since G.P. thought I probably have Fibromyalgia. Helped with exhaustion and depression but not so much on pain. Saw a Rheumatologist last week and she confirmed the diagnosis and started me on Savella also. Have only taken 12.5mg for 4 days but my pain is already greatly reduced. No side effects yet, maybe a little bit of a "manic" feeling like I had too much caffeine."

Emilie's mom January 27, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "Definitely helps."

Lsu1fan (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 16, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I have been on Savella 12.5mg for three weeks. The horrible aching in my legs that kept me up at night is gone however the pain in neck and shoulders still there. I also have degenerative osteoarthritis (herniated discs) in my lower back. The one thing I noticed with this medication is that I sleep better at night. So far, only dry mouth is a side effect and this is great since I am very sensitive to many medications."

Lindi13 January 11, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "This medicine helped a lot with the pain. The problem was the side effects. I did not mind the weight loss, but the sweating and the high blood pressure were side effects that could not be ignored. Therefore, I had to stop taking it."

Minders8 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2013