User Reviews for Mandelamine
The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care.
|Prevention of Bladder infection||2 reviews||29 medications|
|Summary of Mandelamine reviews||9.5||2 reviews|
Reviews for Mandelamine
For Prevention of Bladder infection "I've used Mandelamine/Methenamine for 7 years and it works for me. I never get less than a year between infections but I am now 2 years and 9 months without an infection, after previously trying almost every medicine available with mixed results. Sometimes I'd get a break-through infection after 2 months and other medicines would last 5 weeks, being taken every day. I've had no bad effects, taking 1MG at bedtime, but do drink the glass of water with it. I get overnight discomfort if I don't."
Methenamine Man (new name) (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 28, 2014
26 users found this comment helpful.
For Prevention of Bladder infection "Thousands of patients with neurogenic dysfunction of lower urinary tract was treated by me with Mandelamine 1g three times daily, for the past 20 years, with very good results and without any side effects. It decreased urinary infection in this group of patients by about 60 - 70 %."
neurourologist November 27, 2008
64 users found this comment helpful.
Learn more about
IBM Watson Micromedex
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Kidney Infection
- Nonspecific Urethritis In Men
- Ovarian Abscess
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases In Adolescents
- Urinary Tract Infection In Children
- Urinary Tract Infection In Men
- Urinary Tract Infection In Women
Drugs.com Health Center
- Alcohol and Antibiotics
- Antibiotic Resistance
- Antibiotics - Common Side Effects, Allergies and Reactions
- Antibiotic Shortages: A Serious Safety Concern
- Antibiotics and Birth Control Pill Interactions
- Why Don’t Antibiotics Kill Viruses?
- Anticholinergic Drugs to Avoid in the Elderly
- Antibiotics for UTI Treatment
More about Mandelamine (methenamine)
- Mandelamine Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: urinary anti-infectives