User Reviews for Hiprex

Hiprex has an average rating of 8.2 out of 10 from a total of 53 ratings on Drugs.com. 81% of those users who reviewed Hiprex reported a positive effect, while 15% reported a negative effect.

Bladder Infection
7.9
Summary of Hiprex reviews 8.2 53 reviews

Reviews for Hiprex

Rikki · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 15, 2021

For Prevention of Bladder infection: “I have a long term urethral catheter. I used to get frequent UTIs. I seem to be permanently on antibiotics. My neurologist suggested using hiprex. I started using it about nine years ago and since then I have only had two infections. I have found no side-effects and I just need an annual renal function blood test.”

Diggiegal78 · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 14, 2021

For Bladder Infection: “I have a double collection sack on my right kidney. Had nothing but problems with it over the years. After my hysterectomy in 2019 I suffered with damage to my bladder, then followed horrendous UTIs and had 16 lots of antibiotics. I was then put on Hiprex and I haven't had one UTI. Amazing stuff.”

Han March 11, 2021

For Urinary Tract Infection: “Please please PLEASE can UK residents tell me where and how they are obtaining Hiprex?? I used to get mine from Australia as I can’t get it over here in the UK. Please can you ladies tell me? I’m desperate and our so upsetting I can’t obtain it.”

Rachel · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 4, 2020

For Bladder Infection: “After having several reoccurring UTI’S out of the blue 2 years ago non stop and leading to kidney infections. After seeing several doctors for just for antibiotics, one doctor mentioned Hiprex which I was never told about. It’s been one and a half years and UTI free!”

CC · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 10, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: “Had my first UTI when I had sex for the first time & I would get UTIs every time I had sex to the point I stopped having sex because I didn't want to get UTI. Different GPs & specialist tried many antibiotic methods but none was working as I kept on getting UTIs every few weeks. Few years later GP recommended me to take hiprex once a day for UTI prevention, but I was having diarrheas & mild rashes, so he told me to stop drinking it. A few years later, my specialist told me that I have a benign lesion on my bladder lining (scarring because of all the recurring infections). Devastated, I gave hiprex another shot & somehow I didn't get anymore rashes but just stomach discomfort & mild diarrheas. Now I have been on hiprex on & off for over a year & I haven't had a single UTI since. I only take it once a day before/ immediately after I had sex & continue to take it for a couple of days. So I have days off hiprex & this method works for me. It definitely changed my life after suffering for five years”

Dawny October 15, 2020

For Bladder Infection: “I suffered uti’s my whole life, I did all the right things to alleviate them and am now resistant to 5 different antibiotics I would get at least 2 infections a month and frequent hospital visits ,my urologist suggested stretching my bladder , ouch! Then I discovered Hiprex , it’s now been 6 months and I and completely free of uti s I sleep better have no irritation and feel like a new woman Highly recommended ❤️”

D. July 26, 2018

For Bladder Infection: “I have had a suprapubic catheter for a year. And I couldn't go more than a week off antibiotics without getting another infection. Let me get to the point...just combining Hiprex with cranberry was NOT enough for me. Now that I take 1000mg vita C with each Hiprex , I have had 2 tests come back clear. The vita C is KEY because Hiprex will not work without your urine being acidic ie. a pH of 5.5 or lower. The Vita C is KEY !! I am thrilled!”

Anonymous April 26, 2012

For Bladder Infection: “Like the other reviews, I have always suffered from UTIs with exactly the same problem, I will get one, antibiotics will clear it up and then it will return shortly thereafter. I have had strains resistant to antibiotics, been placed on multiple antibiotics, etc. All to no avail in actually ridding me of UTI symptoms. I have spent any amount of money on different medications. When I have UTIs, they drive me insane and I feel absolutely drained. I brought Hiprex as we were on holidays over Easter and I couldn't get to a GP. The chemist recommended it. I have not looked back, the terrible urge to constantly urinate completely disappeared within 2 days. Hiprex has given me my life back.”

Nico January 27, 2021

For Bladder Infection: “I have had urinary tract infection for 18 months. I had all the usual antibiotics but they didn’t work. I researched Hiprex & my GP agreed to let me try it. The only side effect I had was painful urination which has now stopped. If I stop the Hiprex the infection returns I don’t know where this will end. I also take 1 gr of Trimethoprim at night but it is now not available because of Brexit. I live in N ireland & have no problems getting the prescription so don’t understand why it’s not available. I also take Waterfall d manose 2 daily on the advice of my Urologist.”

Anonymous November 25, 2011

For Bladder Infection: “I also have had repetitive urinary tract infections (UTI) for years. Lots of antibiotics, a few weeks clear, and then another urinary tract infection. This was really getting me down as the symptoms were toxic and systemic, and made me quite ill. A urologist suggested Hiprex with vitamin C twice a day. I have not had a UTI since. I feel well for the first time in years and am so appreciative of the advice. That constant, low grade infection on my bladder made me 'old before my time'. Some days I just could not get off my bed. I am a different person now without those repetitive UTI's. I wish I had discovered Hiprex years ago.”

Anne · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 24, 2020

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I had a stubborn UTI for 6 months. I would take antibiotics and it would clear up then when I finished the course it would be back with a vengeance and was resistant to many antibiotics. Finally a doctor put me on a two week course of strong antibiotics to kill the bacteria off for good. It worked. The doc prescribed Hiprex to take to make sure the bacteria wouldn't take hold again if there was any still lurking around. I took Hiprex for two weeks. Twice a day with 1000 mg of vitamin c and cranberry juice. It made my urine very acidic which burnt my urethra and irritated my bladder but it certainly cleared up any residual bacteria. I now only take a Hiprex dose after sex. That is all I need now to keep the UTI's at bay. Just make sure you drink heaps of water when you take it so your urine doesn't become too concentrated or it may burn you.”

Mary · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 9, 2018

For Bladder Infection: “Hiprex has worked wonderfully for me over the last year. I had almost continuous UTI’s for a year before that. I find though that it is essential for everything below the waist to be working well. I take 1 Hiprex with 1000mg Vitamin C in the morning and 1000mg Vitamin C at night. I take 1 tspn Metamucil in water every night and use Vagifem 2/3 times a week. It is very important to keep bowels moving so that urine can flow freely. My Urologist and Gastroenterologist stressed the importance to keep things working well. It’s certainly worked well for me. Hiprex works.”

Bobbie · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2020

For Bladder Infection: “I developed a UTI late on a Friday - back pain, frequency and showing very high leucocytes and blood on a Combur strip test. Too late for a doctor's appointment, but checked on the net to find something to take me through the night, and saw Hiprex. Chemist still open, so bought some to try. Next morning slight leucocytes and blood, no frequency, and feeling heaps better, so didn't visit a GP. Sunday Combur test strip was clear. Will continue until the bottle is finished. VERY grateful for the effect of Hiprex. It's a marvel.”

StepMc August 24, 2011

For Prevention of Bladder infection: “I was suffering from regular severe urinary tract infections, taking multiple courses of antibiotics each time, only to feel relief for a few weeks before getting another infection, despite drinking 2 liters of water per day, taking cranberry supplements, and washing and urinating before and after sex. Since taking Hiprex, I have not had an infection in several months. The only negative is that the tablets taste awful.”

heather64 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 18, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I have been suffering from recurrent uti's for over 20 years. I have had 5 cystoscopes, bladder biopsies, urine cytology to determine a cause. I've been on prophylaxis antibiotics to no avail and the constant cystitis/uti's were ruining my life. My 3rd urologist gave me Hiprev a number of months ago and it has changed my life. I have not had a uti since!!”

well now October 22, 2016

For Bladder Infection: “I can only agree with these ladies. I am 68, had bladder infections all my life. A friend of mine who has MS went on Hyprex because of muscle weakness which caused bladder infections and was recommended Hyprex by her urologist. I mentioned it to my GP who prescribed it for me. In a year I have only had one bladder infection, went on a course of antibiotics and then back on Hyprex. I was also advised by my gynecologist to bathe ( you don't need to fill up the bath ) after intercourse. since I do those 2 things, Hypex and irrigation, no problems. Take 1000mg of vitamin C with Hyprex twice a day. What a relief after all those years of suffering.”

TD April 20, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I have been prone to uti's most of my life which became worse after childbirth and having a sling. Constantly on antibiotics for years and became resistant to them. Even having hospital stays on the strong IV anti's didn't seem to help. Had all the tests going and found my bladder does not empty completely. So together with having to IC daily I was put on hiprex together with vitamin C. At first I was advised to take hiprex with cranberry which didn't work, but once taking hiprex with vitamin C this has completely changed my life. So very happy with being able to manage my health now. ”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 6, 2019

For Bladder Infection: “I was prescribed hiprex following persistent infection of different Bacteria following having to catheter twice a day for high residuals. I did have a 2 year period where I stayed clear but then ran into a 6 month run of one infection after the other and worse and worse antibiotics. Were thinking of vaccine until I suddenly thought of Hiprex. Has worked for 6 months except now supplies are scarce as German supplier stopped supplying the UK. It would be great if there was a UK manufacturer ( Hello Boots!) because this is a possible answer to slowing down antibiotic resistance in UTI. I am worried about long term formaldehyde in my bladder and hope I it is not slowly pickling my liver, kidneys etc but so far it’s far better than ciprofloxacin”

MomsTaxi · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 18, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I have had reoccurring UTI's for 3 years now. In a 12 month time I would have at least 8 or 9. I have been to a few doctors and my recent urologist has put me on Hiprex 8 months ago. They said because of my breast cancer history I couldn't take a few other options. I take Vitamin C twice a day, 2 Hiprex a day, a high dose Cranberry pill (TheraCran - that cost $60.00) and a daily probiotic. I am still getting UTI's every 6 to 8 weeks. It is exhausting. I see these great post how it is working immediately for people. Maybe I am resistant to this medication? does anyone know is there different types or doses of Hiprex? I am on a 6 pill a day pill regimen with no help at all. Something is not right. My next Urology appointment is in November. I will talk to him about alternate prescription. I am exhausted on this medication.”

Rosemary · Taken for less than 1 month January 9, 2020

For Urinary Tract Infection: “It is working for me after coming off antibiotics I took for for 2 years, but I feel strange, slight moodiness but at least the pain has gone for now , I’ve been taking it for over a week, just half a tablet twice daily I’m more tired than usual and feel slightly apathetic , but apart from that ok”

Marlz January 4, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: “Amazing product! I've suffered from urinary tract infections for years and have been on antibiotic after antibiotic and they always returned. I tried cranberry tablets and various vitamins which gave me very little relief from symptoms. You need to take the recommended two tablets a day for it to work properly. The only downside is the taste of the tablets but I haven't experienced any other negative side effects.”

Tlalli · Taken for less than 1 month August 15, 2020

For Bladder Infection: “Bought Hiprex over the counter (here in Australia) 2 years ago and only needed to be on it for 4-5 days. Twice since, as soon as there was even a hint of well recognised symptoms, I took a dose twice with a LOT of water and was cured the next morning. Some people will likely need bigger doses, I'm lucky I'm ok with less. By the way, I suffered from frequent UTIs over 10 years ago until my GP organised an IVP (special CT scan of kidneys) and discovered a small kidney stone, the seat of the infections. After sound wave removal (lithotripsy) the UTIs virtually disappeared. Only get the occasional one now.”

gail · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 25, 2018

For Bladder Infection: “I have bladder infections for 30 years, and basically I have become immune to a lot of the antibiotic. I found Hiprex on the web and then saw my doctor for a prescription, Hiprex was 100% effective, no more infections. The only problem I have found it hard to get in the UK”

Chloe777 December 7, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: “Around this time last year I got my first UTI which quickly turned into a recurring UTI. I suffered for 6 months, taking an antibiotic (caeflexan) as I was resistant to anyone other. However after a few days of finishing the antibiotic the UTI came back. These UTI's made me very ill not being able to leave bed for at least four days once the antibiotic started, I was consistently vomiting and lost a lot of weight due to all the symptoms above and not eating properly. Having to go to A&E because of the severity of the UTI; the doctor suggested to take Hiprex which would help me regain weight and health due to not being constantly sick. Hiprex has made a huge difference meaning I can now have a normal life without UTI's.”

Tamaresque · Taken for less than 1 month March 26, 2020

For Urinary Tract Infection: “Does anyone else find Hipex is extremely salty? I put the first one in my mouth and had to spit it out again. Tastes vile. I've been salt-free since 1976, so it could be an over-reaction on my part.”

Lifeless · Taken for less than 1 month September 15, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I was prescribed Hiprex a week ago to help control painful recurring UTIs. About 3 days after taking it, I started to feel and look exhausted and I’ve had trouble getting and staying asleep at night. I look in the mirror and my eyes are lifeless and I have circles under my eyes. Even my family has commented on how bad I look (Mom said the spark is gone from my eyes.). I’ve also had urine dribbling into my underwear out of nowhere (I’m wearing a pad for the first time in my life), sharp pains in my urethra and increased urination. I’ve also felt extremely depressed and have emotionless since this med (very strange, feelingless mood). There is absolutely a correlation between Hiprex and how I feel and look. I believe this is a dangerous drug. I’m going to call my doctor on Monday to see if I should stop and he’ll probably say yes out of abundance of caution and then I’ll be back to recurring UTIs. Can’t win for losing.”

Londoner12 · Taken for less than 1 month November 18, 2019

For Bladder Infection: “I was prescribed Hiprex for Painful Bladder Syndrome to stop recurring infections. My bladder was already sensitive to certain foods. Within hours of taking this drug I was in agony. Burning to pee, difficulty peeing and terrible back pain. I stopped taking the drug after 2 half doses. A week later my symptoms are still twice as bad as before taking the drug.”

Bet65 August 16, 2013

For Bladder Infection: “As all above have written I too got reoccurring urinary tract infections. Would do everything I was told, take antibiotics, but it just went on and on. My doctor gave me Hiprex bottle of 100, needed a script for the big bottle, told me stay on it for 10 to 20 days then lower to 1 a day for a week or stop if I felt okay. Within 24hrs the urgency that bothered me most was gone, that was a year ago, today I woke after past 48hrs stressed rushing round nothing to drink and have the start of a UTI so I just took my 1st Hiprex and will take it for 10 days and see how I go.”