User Reviews for Glucophage XR

Glucophage XR Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 170 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Glucophage XR to treat Diabetes, Type 2

"Best for diabetes 2"

Balvir Singh (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 2, 2018

"I have been taking glucophage ER for 4 weeks. The first couple of weeks it made me very sick. I was told this was normal and to try to hold out and the side effects would stop. They seemed to and then the dose was increased and I am sick again. It works really well to get my sugar down. Before I started it was an average of 146 or 6.7 for A1C Now the average is 101. Since it is working I am going to hold on for a few more weeks. I have been told that some people get used to it much faster than I have and some people take a few months."

Dee1956 April 28, 2014

"I started glucophage xr on February 20. I can not believe how much better I feel. Before glucophage I spent every waking minute thinking about what I would eat next. For the last 5 years I stayed under 1000 calories a day, and my readings were 175 or 83, I was up and down like a yo-yo all day and night. I gained weight constantly, I weighed in at 196lbs on Feb 20. Now 2 months later on glucophage I have lost 29 lbs, and I eat like a normal person. I can't believe the difference. The first week on it I had some nausea but it went away and I now have no side effects. I keep thinking this is a fluke, a pill can't make that much of a difference. I feel better than I have in 20 years, I now have energy because I am eating enough and my readings are amazing."

leeni May 8, 2009