User Reviews for Glucophage XR to treat Diabetes, Type 2
“The glucophage tablet is good and diabetes is normal”
“Best for diabetes 2”
“I have been taking glucophage ER for 4 weeks. The first couple of weeks it made me very sick. I was told this was normal and to try to hold out and the side effects would stop. They seemed to and then the dose was increased and I am sick again. It works really well to get my sugar down. Before I started it was an average of 146 or 6.7 for A1C Now the average is 101. Since it is working I am going to hold on for a few more weeks. I have been told that some people get used to it much faster than I have and some people take a few months.”
Frequently asked questions
- Is Invokana the same as metformin?
- How long does glucophage/Metformin stay in your system?
- What are the ingredient drugs contained in Qternmet XR?
“I started glucophage xr on February 20. I can not believe how much better I feel. Before glucophage I spent every waking minute thinking about what I would eat next. For the last 5 years I stayed under 1000 calories a day, and my readings were 175 or 83, I was up and down like a yo-yo all day and night. I gained weight constantly, I weighed in at 196lbs on Feb 20. Now 2 months later on glucophage I have lost 29 lbs, and I eat like a normal person. I can't believe the difference. The first week on it I had some nausea but it went away and I now have no side effects. I keep thinking this is a fluke, a pill can't make that much of a difference. I feel better than I have in 20 years, I now have energy because I am eating enough and my readings are amazing.”
This information is NOT intended to endorse any particular medication. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners.
Learn more about Diabetes, Type 2
IBM Watson Micromedex
- Diabetes and your Skin
- Diabetic Gastroparesis
- Diabetic Hyperglycemia
- Diabetic Kidney Disease
- Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy
- Hypoglycemia in a Person with Diabetes
- Non Insulin Pen Devices for Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes in Adults: New Diagnosis
- Type 2 Diabetes in Children
Drugs.com Health Center
- Diabetes Symptoms and Complications
- Diabetes Risk Factors & Prevention
- Diabetes Treatment
- Which Prescription Drugs Cause Weight Gain?
- OneTouch Blood Glucose Meters
- Top 10 Diabetes Treatments You May Have Missed
- Diabetes Medications and Alcohol
Mayo Clinic Reference
More about Glucophage XR (metformin)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: non-sulfonylureas
- FDA Alerts (15)