User Reviews for Lysine

Herpes Simplex
8.2

Summary of Lysine reviews 8.9 64 reviews

Reviews for Lysine

L-Lysine (lysine) for Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I have IBS with alternating diarrhea and constipation. I tried L-Lysine a few months ago but thought it increased diarrhea and abdominal cramps. Continuing to break out I tried the Lysine again, routinely twice daily. Unfortunately, the diarrhea and abdominal cramps have returned and I'm stopping the Lysine immediately."

Barb (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "Works for acute HSV2 outbreaks at high doses. I took low-dose maintenence (500mg) for several years and saw no difference in outbreaks. Last year I was going on a big trip, started to get an outbreak, and out of desperation took 3,000mg of lysine. Within a few hours the sensation was gone and by the next day I was completely normal. Now I take 2500mg when I feel an outbreak and 80% of the time it will be almost gone by the next day. In my opinion, 500-1,000mg does nothing for HSV2 (500mg is what I give my cat for feline herpes...and she weighs 10lbs)"

Taylor334 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 29, 2018

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "DO NOT TAKE LYSINE PILLS UNTIL YOU READ THIS. Once you start taking the pills, you cannot stop. If you get outbreaks a couple of times a year (that's not bad) once you take the pills and stop taking'em later, you will start getting outbreaks every other week. DON'T DO IT. Just stick to the lysine cream and only when you start to have an outbreak. Most of the comments are from marketing companies paid to promote a certain vitamin or health product like grape seed extract will cure sinus infection and bad breath (no it won't); Even the strongest antibiotics that you've never heard of, some times can't. Your body can defend itself against the herpes virus most of the time and keep it at bay (use a lysine cream when it can't). If you start taking the pills, your body will no longer fight the virus and it will start emerging frequently once you stop the pills."

NoLie (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2018

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I have had 4-6 outbreaks a year with cold sores since age 3. Noted in old school and family photos. The invention of Valtrex was great for about 10 years then nothing! Didn't matter if used brand name or generic. Increased the lysine as a preventive to 1000 mg per day. Take extra if eat arginine foods like chocolate/peanut butter. Eventually started Gigartina species of red algae. Superb. IF I get a sore, it is miniscule single bump. Take it hours apart from the lysine to not interfere. The Gigartina works like the Valtrex used to. It is much cheaper than Valtrex and no resistance (yet). Can find better price and pure product with search. Take 1-2 extra when feel outbreak, just like lysine."

Resistanttovaltrex January 10, 2018

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I had a one night stand and ended up with Herpes. I was so ashamed and the stigma is overwhelming. I read up on L-Lysine ... ONE WORD! AMAZING, IT WORKS 1000 MG A DAY...DONE, GOODBYE SYMPTOMS...Thank goodness."

Good guy December 30, 2017

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "There is no cure for HSV2 but you can suppress it with Lysine. You have to take it everyday and it just becomes part of your daily routine, like brushing your teeth or taking a shower. I was diagnosed with HSV2 in 2012 and had outbreaks every single month for the first year. After that it was about every other month. It was a painful and humiliating experience for years. After introducing Lysine, along with OLE into my daily routine, I haven't had an outbreak since September 2015. If I feel like an outbreak may occur, I just up the dosage until that familiar tingling sensation goes away. I know Lysine doesn't work for everyone, but I stand by it 100% for my HSV2 suppression."

HSV2 Suppression (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 4, 2017

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "Works incredibly well as prevention with 1g per day for oral herpes, then during occasional (and I mean years between last and current) up to 4g, and it disappears inside of a week. I managed to transfer my cold sore the genital area and IT doesn't work as well there, but still aids an outbreak that can often take weeks to disperse. Get the bulk powder, instead of tablets. The cost is greatly reduced, and you need only mix it with a splash of juice to drink it."

bob a job (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 22, 2017

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I was assaulted and raped 4 years ago I knew something was wrong went to the doctor and was visually diagnosed with HSV given medicine and sent home to deal. After crying for what seemed to be forever I went into complete denial but I had heard people taking L-lysine for cold sores so I started taking 1000mg everyday and have never had an out break. I didn't change my diet or exercise all I did was take lysine everyday. I was in a relationship for a year always used a condoms and he never contracted the virus. Lysine has given my life back to me. Never give up we are all worth loving ❤"

HSV1 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 21, 2017

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "My boyfriend and I have been together for a year, long story short his cheating ex had given him std's (curable ones), but had also passed herpes, dormant until 3 months ago. Surprise! It was mild and didn't look like herpes at all, but then I got it much worse, all over genitals, cold sores and eye infection. I was prepared for weeks of pain and the antiviral meds would speed it up but not stop the process. The blisters came (not popping yet) I read about lysine, took 3g a day for 3 days. I kid you not, it reversed my first outbreak. Cold sores dried up and scabbed over, blisters never burst, just shrunk and disappeared. I never had to deal with the ulcers. Gone in 3 days after using it. This is a miracle drug!"

Hsvlysrev August 21, 2017

L-Lysine (lysine) for Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I never do reviews but I'm hoping this will help someone. I was diagnosed with Herpes Simplex Virus 1, orally and genitally, that I got from a loser who knew he had it but did not tell me. I recently had a genital outbreak and started taking L-Lysine as soon as I felt it coming. The blister did show up but started fading away and was almost gone after 4 days. I took about 3,000 of L-Lysine a day. I'm not sure of the recommended dose but I did not have any side effects. This stuff really does work for genital and oral herpes!"

Lysine DOES work for Herpes August 6, 2017

For Herbal Supplementation: "I was diagnosed with GAD and chose not to undergo drug therapy, so I tried a dozen supplements before settling on lysine. I find that it is absolutely great for relieving chronic stress and anxiety. Dose is about 1000 mg before bed (more restful sleep) and 500-1000 during the day as needed. Effect last 5-6 hours. No slowing/dulling effect like with passionflower or kava, or rebound/unstable anxiety like St John's Wort or skullcap. Mind is sharp and free of inner tension. No side effects and no interaction with drugs (I take seroquel for sleep). Also very cheap!"

LewisTM August 4, 2017

For Herpes Simplex: "I tend to get blisters on or very close to my lips which is embarrassing and impossible to hide. Lysine hasn't helped to quell my Herpes Simplex-1, albeit it is surprisingly effective at decreasing the size and aggressiveness of the blisters. I've tried utilizing a daily dosage of ~1000mg everyday annually for three years paired with o-t-c medications(abreva,lysine creams) applied asap after noticing the dreaded tingle. I still managed to get seven to ten outbreaks annually which was the same as before starting daily use. Therefore I only take heavy doses(2-3000mg daily) when I may be lacking sleep, sick, stressed or going to be in the sun for a while. Usually about a week before a possible out break and continue until it's healed."

Alienmundo (taken for 10 years or more) July 3, 2017

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "A new study about genital herpes transmission has recently been published. We are not quite sure whether it can help find a cure for herpes but it does show some interesting perspective. Bacteria in Vagina Can Affect Genital Herpes Transmission The study suggests that healthy vaginal microflora may protect women from getting infected with genital herpes. The study has been led by a doctoral student at the University of Texas Medical The experiment that was carried out in the laboratory compared various cultures that normally live in the vagina. Researchers found that the herpes simplex virus type-2 (genital herpes) replicated more in cultures that contained less Lactobacillus (were less healthy). "

MELISSA WIK June 22, 2017

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "Email:HOW I CURE MY HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS WITH THE GREAT HELP OF DR. agbonhale. REACH HIM THROUGH HIS VIA EMAIL dragbonhaleherbalhome@gmail.com. I have been suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) disease for the past two years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by this Man Dr agbonhale and she drop the email address of this man and advise we should contac"

konica cherry (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2017

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "This stuff works great my outbreak was shortened to three days"

Tziporiah April 15, 2017

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "L lysine had saved me. I have had painful outbreaks for years. My doc recommended it. Really dramatic results. Last outbreak was controlled and healing much quicker than w out it."

Number44 April 1, 2017

L-Lysine (lysine) for Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "One day after starting the l lysine, I have horribly swollen lymph nodes on my underarms. It's been 3 days and they are still painful and swollen. I did have smoothies each a.m with mango and yogurt which I read are high in lysine as well. I am stopping use due to this reaction."

Kk222 (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2017

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "64 years old, have occasionally had cold sore on the right corner of my mouth, once on my right nostril, my wife has had it since she's a child, also on her lips, neither one of us gets it on our genitals. Starting to take L-Lysine 1000mg a day and have still had a few outbreaks but they have been less severe, when they occur I am also taking a prescription of Valtrex. When I have the outbreak I am increasing the L-Lysine dose to 1000mg in the morning and the same at night. One of the side effects is good skin! I had a few bumps on my face that seem to be clearing up or going away. I wish I would have known about L-Lysine when I was a kid because it could be good for acne."

Keith S March 22, 2017

For Herpes Simplex: "I had been taking lysine for about 2 weeks for a viral infection when I noticed that my planters wart on my foot had completely healed, little moles in my face were gone, and yes my viral cold infection was gone. I can not say 100% that it was the lysine but I use it for all viral infections and have had great results."

Joy42733 March 18, 2017

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I literally just found out today with HSV 1 (oral). I have never had a cold sore. So I was shocked when the Dr told me. I have a friend who had been diagnosed many years ago and remember her telling me she took Lysine. I am going to start taking it as well to hopefully avoid ever having an outbreak. I appreciate all of your stories. It's helped me feel a bit better about this. Stay well ❤"

New diagnosis February 1, 2017

For Herpes Simplex: "This stuff is so awful do not waste your time I feel like it made my cold sores bigger and more painful. I am so mad that through all this pain and suffering waiting for this medicine to work"

Mickieeeee January 14, 2017

For Herpes Simplex: "I've gotten cold sores since I was young. It's a common thing among a lot of people, but it happens to me normally once a year around winter. My lips end up drying out and when they get chapped that's when a cold sore ends up forming. I am not completely sure why, but whatever makes it lay dormant gets aggravated. I actually went to a local drug store to get a cold sore treatment when I found Lysine. Unfortunately, I didn't catch it in time but it took the pain and itching away almost immediately. It's shortened the amount of time it would normally take a cold sore to heal when the blisters have already formed. It's better than the other products I have used, and a lot more efficient."

MayAnne (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2017

For Herpes Simplex: "I've had cold sores since I was a child. It's embarrassing and ghastly to look at. I'm now 32 and I've figured out the best remedies to prevent or speed up healing time. The #1 best medication is L-lysine. I take 1000 mg capsules (Nature's Bounty) at the first sign of an itch, tingle or irritation. I take no chances! Since taking L-lysine I haven't had one form yet. Dry lips on windy days, runny nose and stress are my triggers. #2 is Ice. Freezing it prevents the blisters from forming. The virus thrives in warm, moist areas. Use #3 Rubbing Alcohol w/ ice to dry out sore. For those naturopaths, #4 Turmeric is great in stopping blisters from spreading. It's a natural anti-inflammatory and the virus is unable to thrive. Best of luck!!!"

WynterSun (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 10, 2017

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "Having had the Herpesvirus all my life. Its a viral nightmare. Most people experience it in their their lips. I'm one of the few (lucky ones) that experiences it in both ways, in my lips and my eyes. Its not nice.....but people need to understand the causation. Late nights. STRESS (unconscious stress), poor diet/ too much booze. For the "lucky" ones who experience it in their eyes ...I would say STRESS, STRESS, STRESS. is It again. No real tricks involved but when you get them, you kinda know why. Tiredness, Poor nutrition, and Stress. Wouldn't find it funny..... but I can not catch any other illness....Flu,Cold, Man flue. Has to be a immunity thing. Lysine.... I think could solve it. Regards S"

Séamus1975 January 6, 2017

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I won the lottery, my husband gets cold sores but when he gave it to me it wasn't my mouth that decided to breakout. Luckily my husband had been talking l-lysine for years to treat his cold sores. I take it at the first sign of tingling or immediately after sex as it's my biggest trigger. 1000mg for the first dose and 500mg a day for 3-5 days following. Stops it in its tracks every time. Also does the same for colds of you can catch them early enough."

Life is better (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 28, 2016