User Reviews for Lysine

Herpes Simplex 7 reviews 7 medications

9.9
Summary of Lysine reviews 28 reviews 9.9

Reviews for Lysine

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I discovered several years ago, every few months I would get a painful blister or two on my penis. By everything I could read I had contracted the curse, and what's worse, she finally admitted. I was looking for homeopathic cures an ran across an article regarding L-Lysine. I started at the first signs of an OB 2000mg, then 1000mg daily thereafter. I also applied Tea Tree Oil (VERY gently). In about a week, it was 99% gone, just a little tender. I went for about a year without incident, became lax on my Lysine, started eating peanut butter (a REAL trigger for me). Also learned on another post Chocolate was a trigger for her."

thekrell July 21, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I accidentally found out about lysine by surfing the internet. Bought the store brand and in 1 month no outbreaks! It truly works! My regimen 1000mg daily and use alcohol wet naps to cleanse the area each bathroom use. Thank GOD for lysine!"

Fm123 July 19, 2016

For Herpes Simplex: "One day I got a severe headache..it lasted for 3 full days. I was tired could barely move pain all over.I developed a rash almost like chaffing on my inner thighs next to my lady parts. I knew it was herpes so I went and got tested and sure enough it was positive for simplex 2. Being 25 and only having two partners really narrowed down where I got I from. I am still with the person who gave it to me. Any who. I was prescribed generic valtrex acyclovir it cleared up the rash in about a week.. But it had harsh side effects.leg pain.stomach pain etc. I researched lysine and began taking it after my 10 days of acyclovir.it has been 3 months and no further outbreak.I had my cycle and felt that viral tingle..i increased the lying and no outbreak"

Happyvjaygurl25 July 18, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I'm back I took llysine and red marine alage . It worked. Also bought 5packs of hydrogen peroxide over the counter . And apple cider vinegar seperate. Some disappeared but stubborn 5 warts lefts. I had 30 horrible warts in my vagina and anus.. DONT GIVE UP WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER WHEN WE HEAL UP USE CONDOMS TRUST NO ONE. IT RUINED ME I CRYIED EVERYDAY BUT DIDNT GIVE UP."

hsv2 girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I had gential warts or herpes2 for 1year I didn't really focus on it until 2weeks ago when I went to a stupid small laser bikini wax lady to look at my vaginal and told me I had herpes. I look through the internet and search for home treatments . I bought 3 tea tree oil . And used lysine pills it really worked with red marine algae. My warts shrink in 1week and 4days. I swear I'm seeing a difference in my vagina. 1.Sea breeze astringent to clean my vagina 2.crushed lysine pills in my tea tree oil stir it mix it as a paste. Rub it on your wart. I'm your vagina 24hrs it mints but it's worth it. I'm feeling good. I'm seeing a difference. And drink lysine and red marine algae it helps."

hsv2 girl June 11, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I've had the virus for about 5 months now and once I first got the virus I was having out breaks every 2-3 weeks. I've been talking lysine pills for about a month now AND I SWEAR THIS IS THE BEAT THING I COULD HAVE EVER FOUND OUT ABOUT! I haven't have an outbreak since I started taking them! Sometimes I take 2 pills a day when I feel like I might get an outbreak but these things REALLY work. I would recommend these to everybody with this virus. They are a life saver literally!"

LaToya2654 May 24, 2016

For Herpes Simplex: "I get Cole sores when my immune level decreases. Some of them are large enough to give a zip code to. I have had them take up 1/2 my lip and creep to my chin. If I take 2400 mg (two 1200 pills) at the start, and 1 every day it either stops it or shortens it. I've tried many other otc meds but L-Lysine seems to work the best. Much more affordable than Abriva."

Blessed beyond measure (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 17, 2016

L-Lysine (lysine) for Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I have been using 1500mg, (500mg/3x a day) of L-Lysine for years with no ill affects. No Herpes Simplex breakouts either. I keep meticulous records of all my blood work and it has been nearly perfect."

10Nokata (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 29, 2016

For Herpes Simplex: "I hsve HSV1 on geitals from oral sex. I was in denial. 1 had 3 red spots in labia major..turn to ulcer state.. terrible burn during urination &.crazy tingly itchy. and red swollen vulva duffeted a week...I read about lysine. took 3 1000 mg per day.after 3 days marked reduction almost gone"

Susieq60 April 12, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "Before I took lysine. I have avg 1 or 2 out breaks a yr. I been taking lysine for about 6 months and just recentlly I got two outbreaks back to back. A month a part."

Hsv1dad April 10, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I've had HSV-2 genital herpes for 6 years now & as soon as I found out, I searched the internet for forums and medical advice to help myself live as comfortably as possible with this irritable condition. I started taking 1000mg of L-lysine daily with 500mg of Gigartina Red Marine Algae capsules and added 1 capsule of Extra Strength ViraStop 2 and boy I tell you; no ooutbreaks since my initial discovering that my bf gave it to me during an annual pap smear. Those 3 supplements together KILL THAT VIRUS!!!! I hope they never stop making those supplements because they keep me OUTBREAK, ITCH, BURN, YEAST-FREE. Thank GOD for new holistic vitamins because I'm not going to embarrass myself by getting Valtrex @ my local pharmacy."

NoPain4me April 8, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I have had HSV-2 for 20 yrs and just found out about Lysine! I'm starting today and hoping that my outbreaks go away!!"

32922 March 1, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "Apparently my herpes was dormant for 6 years before I knew I had it -ugh. Was prescribed generic valtrex for it which made me nauseous, bad abdominal cramps and ultimately constipated! Also made me incredibly tired! Switched to using Lysine as therapy - 1,000 mg/day. so far so good. I'm also avoiding food triggers."

trina75 February 14, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I contracted this horrible thing few years ago, this is actually my first time evening talking about it. I have done plenty research on how to cope with this disease that will be in my life forever. I started using L-Lysine and it actually helped me to have fewer outbreaks than before. I messed up and stop taking them because my last physical with my MD my hormone levels were high so In order for me to figure if my thyroid were the issue I held up on the lysine for a little while. Now three days ago I started feeling the tingle pains coming along. Unfortunately I had one of the most horrible outbreaks I've had since I found out of my diagnosis. I just purchase a bottle of Lysine for $6.70 at a local pharmacy and hopefully I start healing."

Horror of herpes January 27, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I have suffered for ten years with herpes contracted from my ex husband. After ten years I finally found out about lysine and within a day I noticed the difference. I have been taking it for over 2 weeks now and no outbreak. I feel I have new lease of life. Wish I started them years ago, only found out about lysine whilst I researched it recently. Highly recommend to all suffering."

Ambar15 January 26, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I was told I have genital herpes by my gynecologist after suffering with several outbreaks. I began taking Lysine after extensive reading & it seemed to work. My "working" dose when there is no outbreak is 1,000 mg daily. I was negligent & let my supply run out & last night had a horrible outbreak with much pain. Today I restocked & took 2 1,000 mg. tabs and then another 2 about 6 hours later. I can already feel the difference and I will never run out again ! Lesson learned! Chocolate is a definite trigger for an outbreak for me."

texgirl (taken for 10 years or more) January 18, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I started taking 1000 mg daily 9 months ago due to occassional outbreaks and have not had once since until today. I took a collagen supplement that warned an outbreak could occur. I am going to take 3 today and hopefully it wil suppress it."

Kduby (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 17, 2016

For Herpes Simplex: "I have used lysine over 36 years. It has always helped for my cold sores"

Long time user January 8, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "Works great especially if u take it early in outbreak. Duration of sores and severity greatly muted by early use."

Zx November 18, 2015

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "After over a decade of dealing with outbreaks, I finally decided to try Lysine last week. My outbreaks are triggered from sex - nothing else. If I go for long periods without sex I don't get any outbreaks. Once I have sex or ejaculate I start to feel the tingle a few hours later. Sometimes I can have sex two days in a row before I feel the sensation. I bought the Lysine after getting the tingle and getting that "nervy" feeling under my skin. I took 1000mg every three hours on that first day. By the next day, the feeling was almost gone and I took three more 1000mg. No outbreak. I was so happy. I had sex five days straight and still no tingle. I haven't taken any for the past two days. I will continue to experiment with it."

Lysine Lover (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2015

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "When I get stressed, drink lots of alcohol or even go in the sun I'm almost guaranteed a cold sore. Unlike most people I don't feel an itch it just pops out of nowhere. I take about 5000-8000mg the first time I notice it and it definitely reduces the size! Then I decrease the dosage slowly. I find it does make them go away faster and the nasty blister stage isn't so nasty anymore. Maybe if I could catch it in time I wouldn't have them because lysine works!!"

Lmd1993 September 20, 2015

For Herpes Simplex: "After suffering with cold sores from my teens I took a three bottle course of one tablet a day, and I never got cold sores again until the last six months. I am now in my seventies and have had a couple mainly in my nostril,I put it down to stress now but will try another course."

Mrs Suds July 12, 2015

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I use lysine also whenever I feel like I'm gonna have a outbreak and I works. I Dont take the pills I use the cream. I would recommend anyone with the herpes virus to us lysine its a life saver."

Good good July 6, 2015

For Herpes Simplex: "I've herpes for about 3 years now. Have been having more obs the last few years, up to 2 OBs per month. Tried lots, eating really well, exercising regularly, stress relief etc. Nothing was helping much. Now I take 500mg of lysine first thing in the morning and 500mg before bed. Not had an OB for 60 days! That is amazing for me. No groin pain either. This stuff rocks! Get on it! I also drink turmeric tea regularly which I think helps with the groin pain (by reducing inflammation and being good for your immune system). 95% of credit goes to lysine though!"

Paul124 December 20, 2014

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I found out I have genital herpes about 5 years ago. I had a violent outbreak, it was HORRIBLE. I read about vitamins I could take to help with HSV and lysine had the best reviews. So I started taking 2 1000mg tabs daily. I didn't have an out break again until like a month ago. And it just so happens I ran out of lysine, and just didn't buy anymore about 2 weeks before I had my 2nd outbreak. So I live by this stuff."

Adesina October 27, 2014

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate