User Reviews for Lysine

Herpes Simplex 12 reviews 7 medications

8.7
Summary of Lysine reviews 44 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Lysine

For Herpes Simplex: "This stuff is so awful do not waste your time I feel like it made my cold sores bigger and more painful. I am so mad that through all this pain and suffering waiting for this medicine to work"

Mickieeeee January 14, 2017

For Herpes Simplex: "I've gotten cold sores since I was young. It's a common thing among a lot of people, but it happens to me normally once a year around winter. My lips end up drying out and when they get chapped that's when a cold sore ends up forming. I am not completely sure why, but whatever makes it lay dormant gets aggravated. I actually went to a local drug store to get a cold sore treatment when I found Lysine. Unfortunately, I didn't catch it in time but it took the pain and itching away almost immediately. It's shortened the amount of time it would normally take a cold sore to heal when the blisters have already formed. It's better than the other products I have used, and a lot more efficient."

MayAnne (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2017

For Herpes Simplex: "I've had cold sores since I was a child. It's embarrassing and ghastly to look at. I'm now 32 and I've figured out the best remedies to prevent or speed up healing time. The #1 best medication is L-lysine. I take 1000 mg capsules (Nature's Bounty) at the first sign of an itch, tingle or irritation. I take no chances! Since taking L-lysine I haven't had one form yet. Dry lips on windy days, runny nose and stress are my triggers. #2 is Ice. Freezing it prevents the blisters from forming. The virus thrives in warm, moist areas. Use #3 Rubbing Alcohol w/ ice to dry out sore. For those naturopaths, #4 Turmeric is great in stopping blisters from spreading. It's a natural anti-inflammatory and the virus is unable to thrive. Best of luck!!!"

WynterSun (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 10, 2017

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "Having had the Herpesvirus all my life. Its a viral nightmare. Most people experience it in their their lips. I'm one of the few (lucky ones) that experiences it in both ways, in my lips and my eyes. Its not nice.....but people need to understand the causation. Late nights. STRESS (unconscious stress), poor diet/ too much booze. For the "lucky" ones who experience it in their eyes ...I would say STRESS, STRESS, STRESS. is It again. No real tricks involved but when you get them, you kinda know why. Tiredness, Poor nutrition, and Stress. Wouldn't find it funny..... but I can not catch any other illness....Flu,Cold, Man flue. Has to be a immunity thing. Lysine.... I think could solve it. Regards S"

Séamus1975 January 6, 2017

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I won the lottery, my husband gets cold sores but when he gave it to me it wasn't my mouth that decided to breakout. Luckily my husband had been talking l-lysine for years to treat his cold sores. I take it at the first sign of tingling or immediately after sex as it's my biggest trigger. 1000mg for the first dose and 500mg a day for 3-5 days following. Stops it in its tracks every time. Also does the same for colds of you can catch them early enough."

Life is better (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 28, 2016

For Aphthous Ulcer: "I was recently having issues with cystic acne after switching birth control pills and got to the point where it was so bad/painful I couldn't lay my head down on a pillow to rest. I called my doctor and she said this could be the answer, this pill being a "hidden gem" as she described it. After taking it for 3 days I noticed a HUGE difference in my skin. Everything started to calm down and dry up. I definitely recommend this to anyone who has tried anything and everything for their acne.."

Kels1157 December 21, 2016

For Herpes Simplex: "Got herpes keratitis (cold sore in eye) twice. The Opthamologist I was seeing would just prescribe me the same medications for the genital herpes. Even though the meds helped clear it from my eye, it wouldn't completely get rid of it. I'll still feel a bit of pain in my eye. So I started using lysine. The 1st wk using it, my pain went away. But wasn't sure if it was the lysine since was using other otc vitamins also (for my dry eye). But stopped using it last wk and started feeling the pain again in my eye. Last night took 2/500mg of Lysine before sleeping and woke up with lesser pain. Was very surprised. Still experimenting with the dosage, so will be taking 2/500mg, 3x's a day for maybe 3 days and slowly drop the dosage to only 2x's a day"

H8DryEye December 14, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I live a complete normal life. I found out after I met my soon to be wife ten years ago. We got married after and had children. She worked doing reasearch on std' s and she recommend lysine for me to take. I take 500mg a day and I increase dose if feeling of tingle starts. I encourage more people to share to help eliminate stigmatizm associated with hsv. I think too much alcohol is my trigger. I honestly think that the drug companies don't want a cure for this disease as well as others. So those that are stressed because of this should move forward and shift their focus on being positive and proactive against this virus. Please help others!"

FOH! HSV! (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 30, 2016

For Herpes Simplex: "I found lysine to be my miracle for relief of my genital herpes outbreaks."

JacqueD November 22, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "just got diagnosed with HSV1, and reading this actually made me feel like crawling and crying like a baby. The outbreak I have right now is genital and in my throat and mouth, I talked to the doctor who did the blood test on me and said over time that it would eventually get much better. She said that what I%u2019m having is a massive outbreak and is unusual, but that it may be due to the fact that I stressed myself out over it so much. She also told me even though I have it in the genital area that It doesn't mean that I needed %u201Cprivate to private%u201D contact to acquire it. But this did make me feel a whole lot better about the whole situation."

terrt philimon (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "Contracted herpes from my cheating lying ex boyfriend, my mother found l-lysine tablets and recommended I try them, I take one 1000mg every day and haven't had an outbreak since, until I was unable to take them due to throat problems. But these are honestly brilliant, I live by them."

Jane79 October 18, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I've been taking l_lysine for 5 years, I'm 45 years old have no wrinkles, I believe that l-lysine is the magic, I also use coconut oil as face lotion at night. You have to try it!"

Looking good (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 16, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I've had cold sores for as long as I can remember since childhood. I usually get at least 1 cold sore a year every year. I dabbled in taking lysine but usually it was once a Cold sore was forming... way to late. Last September 2015 I was under a period of stress and I got 3 of the buggers in quick succession. Since then I've taken 1000 mg daily of lysine and have now been cold sore free for 1 whole year! The first year cold sore free in forever! Thank God for lysine. Best prevention out there and cheap too."

Lornel September 5, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "It's been just over 1 year since finding out I had this..still haven't come to terms with saying the word! Herpes. I got it from my daughters father, 7/8/15 the worst day of my life. Immediately I knew something was wrong with my throat and mouth. Its only been within the past few months since finding out about this product.. It is amazing!! Thankfully no cold sores have formed around my mouth, my family don't even know I got it! When I start to feel the slightest tingle I take 4-500mg L-Lysine at one time and its good the next morning! No craps or side effects, I think my skin is even looking healthier!!"

Nicolnwad0616 September 2, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I'm Monalisa Wilson from Arizona USA, I was diagnosed of HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2014 and I have tried all possible means to get cure but all to no avail, until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal doctor (Doctor Okadukpon) who prepare herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases including HIV/AIDS, Lower Respiratory Infections, Trachea, Bronchus, and Lung Cancers, Diarrheal Diseases, Diabetes Mellitus, Preterm Birth Complications, Tuberculosis (TB). at first i doubted if it was real but i decided to give it a try, when i contact this herbal doctor via his email, he prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me , when i received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by instructions on how to apply it, which I followed properly. Befo"

Monalisa Wilson (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I stopped using llysine for 2 weeks and I started shaving again and eating chocolate. And peanuts It all came back So now I started my journey again with 2,ooo my llysine ..organic apple cider vinegar . Hydrogen peroxide, over the counter excess vitamin c. And sea breeze astringent baby powder use everything this is the worst crazy virus to fight. I still cry but I'm be strong if a thing give me a second chance I will use a condom with my next boyfriend. My boyfriend ruined me. But I will continue my journey don't give up keep fighting. it's still in my vagina. So imagine use everything I can to fight this virus"

Hsv2girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 21, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I discovered several years ago, every few months I would get a painful blister or two on my penis. By everything I could read I had contracted the curse, and what's worse, she finally admitted. I was looking for homeopathic cures an ran across an article regarding L-Lysine. I started at the first signs of an OB 2000mg, then 1000mg daily thereafter. I also applied Tea Tree Oil (VERY gently). In about a week, it was 99% gone, just a little tender. I went for about a year without incident, became lax on my Lysine, started eating peanut butter (a REAL trigger for me). Also learned on another post Chocolate was a trigger for her."

thekrell July 21, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I accidentally found out about lysine by surfing the internet. Bought the store brand and in 1 month no outbreaks! It truly works! My regimen 1000mg daily and use alcohol wet naps to cleanse the area each bathroom use. Thank GOD for lysine!"

Fm123 July 19, 2016

For Herpes Simplex: "One day I got a severe headache..it lasted for 3 full days. I was tired could barely move pain all over.I developed a rash almost like chaffing on my inner thighs next to my lady parts. I knew it was herpes so I went and got tested and sure enough it was positive for simplex 2. Being 25 and only having two partners really narrowed down where I got I from. I am still with the person who gave it to me. Any who. I was prescribed generic valtrex acyclovir it cleared up the rash in about a week.. But it had harsh side effects.leg pain.stomach pain etc. I researched lysine and began taking it after my 10 days of acyclovir.it has been 3 months and no further outbreak.I had my cycle and felt that viral tingle..i increased the lying and no outbreak"

Happyvjaygurl25 July 18, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I'm back I took llysine and red marine alage . It worked. Also bought 5packs of hydrogen peroxide over the counter . And apple cider vinegar seperate. Some disappeared but stubborn 5 warts lefts. I had 30 horrible warts in my vagina and anus.. DONT GIVE UP WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER WHEN WE HEAL UP USE CONDOMS TRUST NO ONE. IT RUINED ME I CRYIED EVERYDAY BUT DIDNT GIVE UP."

hsv2 girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I had gential warts or herpes2 for 1year I didn't really focus on it until 2weeks ago when I went to a stupid small laser bikini wax lady to look at my vaginal and told me I had herpes. I look through the internet and search for home treatments . I bought 3 tea tree oil . And used lysine pills it really worked with red marine algae. My warts shrink in 1week and 4days. I swear I'm seeing a difference in my vagina. 1.Sea breeze astringent to clean my vagina 2.crushed lysine pills in my tea tree oil stir it mix it as a paste. Rub it on your wart. I'm your vagina 24hrs it mints but it's worth it. I'm feeling good. I'm seeing a difference. And drink lysine and red marine algae it helps."

hsv2 girl June 11, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I've had the virus for about 5 months now and once I first got the virus I was having out breaks every 2-3 weeks. I've been talking lysine pills for about a month now AND I SWEAR THIS IS THE BEAT THING I COULD HAVE EVER FOUND OUT ABOUT! I haven't have an outbreak since I started taking them! Sometimes I take 2 pills a day when I feel like I might get an outbreak but these things REALLY work. I would recommend these to everybody with this virus. They are a life saver literally!"

LaToya2654 May 24, 2016

For Herpes Simplex: "I get Cole sores when my immune level decreases. Some of them are large enough to give a zip code to. I have had them take up 1/2 my lip and creep to my chin. If I take 2400 mg (two 1200 pills) at the start, and 1 every day it either stops it or shortens it. I've tried many other otc meds but L-Lysine seems to work the best. Much more affordable than Abriva."

Blessed beyond measure (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 17, 2016

L-Lysine (lysine) for Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I have been using 1500mg, (500mg/3x a day) of L-Lysine for years with no ill affects. No Herpes Simplex breakouts either. I keep meticulous records of all my blood work and it has been nearly perfect."

10Nokata (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 29, 2016

For Herpes Simplex: "I hsve HSV1 on geitals from oral sex. I was in denial. 1 had 3 red spots in labia major..turn to ulcer state.. terrible burn during urination &.crazy tingly itchy. and red swollen vulva duffeted a week...I read about lysine. took 3 1000 mg per day.after 3 days marked reduction almost gone"

Susieq60 April 12, 2016