User Reviews for Lorcaserin

Also known as: Belviq, Belviq XR

Lorcaserin Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 42 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Lorcaserin to treat Weight Loss

Belviq (lorcaserin): "I am the type of person to read reviews before I take anything or go anywhere. I read so many negative reviews on this product, so I wanted to say that I am on day 2 of the medication and had absolutely no side effects, I don't feel hungry , and it has helped my mood and slight increase in energy. Glad I did not listen to the negative reviews. I am excited to see the results."

BF (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin): "Soooo I unfortunately had to discontinue Belviq I have updated a few times on here. It was very helpful and did what it was suppose to and amazingly I have kept off the 15 pounds I lost. I unfortunately got the sinus end of the side effects and it took me a while to connect the dots. Runny nose super congested and stuffed up. I hope they find a way to reconfigure this because it really was so helpful ! I kept waiting to get better and I did, the first 24 hours of not taking the medication I tried going back on and within hours there it was again ! As I have said before this truly was so helpful!"

Stella Mckee (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2018

"I have been taking Belviq for about 5 days now. The first day I felt great! Over the weekend I felt really sick and weak and extremely tired, dizzy, nauseous and head and body aches. I am on 10mg twice daily I have not noticed it suppressing my appetite. I feel like I crave food more then before I started the Belviq. Before I started Belviq I reduced my calorie in take to 1400 calories a day and lost about 5 pounds over a 3 to 4 week span. No weight loss as of yet. I feel better now then over the weekend but I still feel weak, my muscles are sore and I have a headache. I guess time will tell if this is going to work for me. Thank goodness it is covered by my insurance I just have a $40.00 copay."

LDW (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin): "155 pounds, 5'2", 36 yo female, high blood pressure. BMI 28, and the Dr recommended Belviq. Day 1, extra energy, no hunger, slight insomnia. Day 2, slight headache, no hunger, chills. Day 3, slight head ache, no hunger, some chills, hot flashes. Day 4 diarrhea, my legs started hurting, no hunger. Day 5 slight headache. Day 6 took a turn a bad turn. Last day I took the medication. Almost threw up when I got out of bed. Had to lay on my bathroom floor to prevent fainting. I was foggy, memory problems all day. No hunger. P.M. sore throat started. Day 7, very sore throat, lethargic. By that night I couldn't swallow my own saliva. Red sore mouth/throat a side effect. Day 8 my throat so swollen I couldn't speak, had sores in my mouth. Went to urgent care. Gave me a steroid shot to reduce throat swelling. They said my heart was racing. Tested negative for strep. Day 8, down to 148 pounds. Ate healthy, kept calories around 1300. Ran 3 miles 3 days. Did I lose weight? Yes, but at the risk of being poisoned. Will not continue."

Angelbell July 30, 2018

Belviq XR (lorcaserin): "I started Belviq XR three days ago. I take it at 10 in the morning. First day I was cold and very tired. I pretty much laid on the couch with a blanket and watched TV. I like a cocktail in the evening and drank 2. I was worried about mixing it with alcohol but I researched and found nothing that said "do not drink", so I chanced it. Day two was much better. I wasn't feeling cold anymore and had a little more energy. Again, I had 2 cocktails that evening with no side effects. Today, day three I weighed myself and I have lost 2 pounds. The appetite suppressant kicked in today and I just ate my first meal at 4 pm. I am hoping it deters my alcohol cravings as I know that is a lot of calories that are not helping my weight loss. So far so good on this medication. I plan to give it at least 30 days. Good luck to everyone trying to lose weight. It is tough!"

determined101 (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2018

"I started at 194 lbs in Nov of 2017. I now weigh 158lb. I have even quit working and reduced exercise level and am still losing about 2 lbs per month. I am not hungry. No side effects. No cravings for cake, chips etc. This is a wonder drug for me."

Nanny (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 11, 2018

Belviq XR (lorcaserin): "I have tried for about 3 years different weight loss pills, Chinese tea and tonnes of other alternative methods to try to lose weight, I am petite female after reaching 40 I realized that I started eating more consequently gaining a total of 20 pounds in 3 years. I started working out 2 years ago, lost about 15 pound, my trainer/friend had a baby we stopped our regular work outs for 3 months, gained back and even more. Started working out again but it’s was harder as I didn’t have enough energy on top of craving nonstop. So, I decided to see a doctor for an appetite suppressant, I have been taking Belviq since October 2017, I went from 144 lbs to 117 lbs within 3 months with 5 days workout, healthy eating, only water, I don’t crave or binge eat anymore, have tones of energy. My belly is gone, I am noticeably way slimmer, went down from size 8 to 3, even some of my shoes got smaller. It just feels so good, not to feel so tired and full all the time. I am 43 years old and 4.11 height."

Jeanne July 4, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin): "I work out 4 days a week and try to stay healthy but excess weight wouldn’t come off. I’ve been on the pill about 1 month and 1 week and I dropped 20 lbs so far. I did experience headaches for about 3 days but taking IB Profin 800’s help. I was a bit tired. I had habits of snacking throughout the day which I don’t do anymore because I’ve lost the hunger and growling stomach. I am done eating by 7 pm and don’t start feeling hungry till 10 am. So far this is a big help. Definitely recommend, however if you just eat due to boredom or for the heck of it this won’t work. It still requires dedication."

EN (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin): "I'm 53 yrs old,,I started weighing 293. I'm 6"2. Anyways I started taking this magical pill. In 2.5 months I've lost 28lbs. Remember PEOPLE what's more important to you, looking great, feeling healthy OR eating like a pig feeling like a balloon. Be honest to yourself - HAVEN'T YOU EATEN ENOUGH FOOD IN YOUR LIFE. The pills really help you not to over eat stay away from dessert. When you feel your pants getting baggy and have to make extra holes in your belt THAT feels terrific. Look around when your in public and see the fat overweight PEOPLE everywhere. Why? BECAUSE eating is the easiest thing you can do so instead be strong"

Sick money (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin): "I started taking Belviq XR January 2017, had to stop for a month because I had a knee replacement and needed to take strong opioids which don't mix, then went back on Belviq in March 2017. I have taken the drug for almost 5 months ( two months a gap then three months) and gotten over most of the side effects. The first two to three weeks both times were bad, extreme exhaustion and nausea, no head aches. Since then just get fatigued mid afternoon and sleep about an hour more than pre Belviq. I've lost about 25 lbs since I started, which is slow and steady and plan to lose another 20 before I stop taking it. I do use the Belviq manufacturer coupon as my insurance does not cover the $$$. Coupon cuts the cost in half. You can find the coupon on the Belviq website."

Magnet (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2018

Belviq XR (lorcaserin): "Well, I've been using Belviq XR for a week now. The 1st 2 days I experienced dizziness and headaches but by day 4 I didn't have those symptoms. It definitely has suppressed my appetite I find myself forcing myself to eat. Fatigue is a side effect but I think the fatigues is attributed to the lack of caloric intake especially since I exercise regularly. So it's important to eat even if you have no appetite. So in a week I've lost 5 pounds so far so good. :)"

Morgan (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin): "Took this 2 years ago lost 85 pounds in 8 months now I have gained 22 pounds back so hoping I can get a jump start again. I only plan to stay on a couple of months because it’s higher now then before. Hope nothing but success for everyone out there."

Lisa (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2018

Belviq XR (lorcaserin): "I'm 5'4 and 165 lbs, on thyroid meds and have not been able to loose the weight from my last child. I took Qsymia a year ago and lost 15 lbs in 3 months but the side effects were insomnia, which I've never had in my life, and dry mouth. Cost per month was nearly $300.00 not covered on insurance. I gained half the weight back and decided to try a different med, now on Belviq XR, my Dr. gave me a discount card and only cost $98.00 as opposed to $300.00. I have been taking it for 4 days and have lost 3 lbs ! It has not curbed my eating although I do feel that my appetite is suppressed. I have not had issues sleeping but my muscles do feel sore and I am a bit sluggish at times during day. I have felt like I'm about to get a UTI for a few days now. Also had a few times standing up where I felt dizzy. Those are all the side effects I've experienced. The cost is much better, the side effects are lower and so far I'm seeing results. In comparison, I would choose Belviq over Qsymia."

Sarah June 20, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin): "I took Belviq for over 6 months and it worked for a while. I lost 60 pounds. However, when I stop taking it, not only did I gain the pounds right back (even working out 5 days a week) but withdrawals from this drug are very harsh and debilitating. I was so nauseous and vomiting every time I tried to move. Lingering effects: brain fog still happens. NOT WORTH IT!!!"

Me (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 18, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin): "I've been taking Belviq, 20 mg, for 10 days. I'm the type that wants to see immediate results, so was getting frustrated because I wasn't seeing any. Well, that all changed when the medication kicked in. 10 days in and I've now lost 6 pounds! I'm so happy finally found something that works. My side effects are extremely tired all of the time, but that seems to be just about gone. Still having a little brain fog, but I do believe it will clear up the longer I'm on it. If you decide to take it, just be patient the first week, because you will start seeing results after a week. I was lucky my insurance paid the majority of it. I'm paying only $53 for a 90 day supply!"

Donna b (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin): "Used a "card" that is available on the Belviq site, brought if down from over $300 to $98.00. Have been taking it for 10 days - the only thing different I feel is being extremely tired and dizziness. If I don't feel anything soon about "feeling full" or cravings, I'm going to stop taking it. It's not worth the fatigue!"

Kali13 (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin): "Didn't work. Lost 0 lbs. Expensive and side effects of runny nose and cramps."

Candee (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 27, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin): "This is my 2nd day on Belviq I don't feel hungry. Last night I ate some Mexican rice and plain pinto beans, feels like I over ate it was less than half a cup each. No headaches but, big bowel movement. I feel good over all. Kelly61 I'm sure it will work just give it time. As far as out of pocket payment I paid $98.38 I do not have insurance. I'm being positive and thankful for this opportunity to be able to get help some way and I think it was the right choice. I'm 5' weigh in at 200lbs. I will up date you all on my progress. I have a friend doesn't exercise and in about 3 months lost close to 100lbs. Just keep this in mind it could be us. Honestly it may take time but it will happen. God bless everyone. Hope that was helpful "

AngelG (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin): "I have gained weight after a total hysterectomy. I could no longer excercise the way I used to before the surgery. I tend to over eat because I LOVE food and actually am always hungry. I am 5'5 and am 205lb. I took Belviq XR 20mg for 5 days only. I HAVE NEVER been so tired in my life!! I was uncoordinated, slept like a rock (probably only benefit) and still needed to nap during the day, which is not compatible with staying employed. Also had really bad brain fog, urinary incontinence (who would've thought this?!!) and absolutely no motivation to get up, let alone exercise. The biggest kicker is that I WAS SOOOOO HUNGRY!! Had huge cravings for sweets, chips and ice-cream, things I don't love on the regular! Like all the time. I had paid 107$ for it with use of a coupon and I am just going to swallow that. I so wished it had worked but I like being employed and being alert and oriented during the daytime."

Jack Daniels (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin): "I have noticed I get a little full faster, but its making me very agitated and I have been very emotional, I cry at movies and stupid stuff. I still want to eat everything. It is making me crave sugar like no other. I wasn't like that before. I only been taking for 1 month so I'll give it 2 months and see. It did say I lost a little weight but I have been trying to lose weight before I started this."

DAKOTA2483 (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin): "Started today and I'm taking 10mg twice a day. I feel somewhat dizzy and have absolutely no appetite. Fingers crossed i will lose about 40lbs!"

Cissy (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin): "I've been on Belviq 2 days now, seems to curb my appetite, but it does make me tired right now, hopefully not for long, so I can exercise. Goal is to lose 50-60 lbs, and lower my bad Cholesterol."

Bandit (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin): "I just bought my Rx today. However, I was my insurance did not pay and after all the claims that Belviq makes about their savings cards and coupons, $50 off a $330 Rx is a load of rubbish."

Lindsay S (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin): "It's good!"

koko April 16, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin): "I'm 64 and tonight I will start my belviq. I'm a lil concern about side effects will keep a post of progress"

Guinness12 April 12, 2018