User Reviews for Lorcaserin to treat Obesity

Lorcaserin has an average rating of 8.0 out of 10 from a total of 263 ratings for the treatment of Obesity. 72% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 14% reported a negative effect.

Lorcaserin Rating Summary

8.0/10 average rating

Compare all 40 medications used in the treatment of Obesity.

Reviews for Lorcaserin

maj easy September 9, 2014

Belviq (lorcaserin): “Started taking Belviq 3 and half months ago, I've lost 34 pounds as of today. My obesity is due to emotional eating, eating when not hungry, eating too many calories, greasy junk food, and eating late at night and sometimes in the middle of the night, pigging out to help me sleep. Belviq currently is my holy grail, and I hope to be able to take it the rest of my life, it helps me sleep, and definitely curbs my pigging out. I use Belviq in combination with a FitBit. I count calories watch what I eat, almost completely cut out carbs (except for up to 6 saltine crackers). I have arthritis, I'm 67 and somewhat limited in exercising. If I could lose a lot of weight it would reduce the pressure on my hips and knees. Perhaps then I could walk more.”

Angmully · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 18, 2015

Belviq (lorcaserin): “I've been on Belviq for one month. I've lost 29.5 lbs, and I'm thrilled. I've also stuck to a 1500 calorie diet. The biggest thing it did for me was take away the thought of cravings. I would pay any amount of money to have these kind of results.”

Way too big · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 6, 2014

Belviq (lorcaserin): “I have been on Belviq for just shy of 10 months. I started at about 288 lbs. I got an Eat Smart scale the second week on Belviq. I was a 54 year old male. Today, I weighed in at 226 lbs. That is 62 lbs. lost in almost 10 months. The week I started, my A1c was 6.6. My PCP has been having blood work done every 3 months. My A1c is now 5.3 and I am no longer taking Metformin or Simvistatin. Side effects are very minor, compared to how it has changed my life. And the second best thing is, I sleep much sounder. If I do wake up at night, I fall back asleep right away. When I make it to my goal weight, I will probably talk to my doctor about continuing Belviq at a 1/2 dosage.”

bgn86 May 25, 2015

Belviq (lorcaserin): “I have been on Belviq for 9 days now and have lost 7 lbs. The first day I had a severe headache and some dizziness. I only took one pill that day. My headache and dizziness went away once the pill wore off. Started again the next day and no headache so I kept going and took the two pills that day. I have had no side effects since that first day. It does curb my appetite and I haven't been hungry. I am using my fitbit and the MyFitnessPal app to keep up with my exercise, calories and water intake. I need to lose around 65 pounds. Belviq costs me $75 a month, I got the discount coupon from my doctor. Update...One Month 15 pounds down. No problems at all, it's working for me.”

nineguy · Taken for less than 1 month October 11, 2014

Belviq (lorcaserin): “I've been on this medication for 3 weeks. I started off with the 15 day free trial. I went to my doctor on the 20th day and had lost 12lbs. I experienced no major side effects other than some stiffness in my jaw for the first few days. No more midnight snacking.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2013

Belviq (lorcaserin): “I just started taking this medicine and completed 2 days thus far. I have noticed that my interest in food, especially the unhealthy stuff, is gone. Even the foods that usually are great at tempting me really have no effect at all. They all of a sudden have become easy to resist. Furthermore, when I do eat, I definitely don't eat as much as I feel full sooner. I also noticed my mood has improved. In just 2 days I have lost just over 1 lb. My doctor did advise me that Belviq should be combined with diet and exercise. I am older so exercise becomes problematic as my joints are stiff. Anyhow I believe this medication will be helpful to those patients who tried everything and failed. I have had no side effects at this point although it is soon.”

No Lap Band for me Linda Varez · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 13, 2014

Belviq (lorcaserin): “Last year I was on my way to Lap Band surgery when a friend of the family suggested Belviq as an alternative. I had my ups and downs but in the end I have lost 64 pounds and have thirty more to go. My medicines are down and my blood work has improved dramatically. High praise as this saved me from getting surgery. Only side effect better sleep and I was tired initially first three days. I don't chew my nails and feel more calm and am happier then I have been in years.”

Anonymous June 17, 2013

Belviq (lorcaserin): “I just picked up Belviq over the weekend and I can say that I noticed a big change in my appetite. It's as if I have no energy to eat more than I have to and my stomach feels more full sooner into the meal so I eat less. Now I have tried many diets, many weight loss supplements without success so I was skeptical. Belviq is different. Instead of messing with your metabolism, it focuses on the appetite center and nothing more. I have had no side effects! Unlike the others I have tried in the past such as anxiety, nervousness, headaches, palpitations. I'm motivated to finally lose that 30 lbs my doctor keeps yelling at me about!”

Constance Kay September 1, 2014

Belviq (lorcaserin): “Belviq has saved my life! I am a 72 year old female that has tried EVERY diet and fad for weight loss. I have lost between 30-35 pounds since May and my goal is in sight! I no longer isolate myself because I didn't want anyone to see how much weight I had gained. I have COPD and the weight loss has helped by 30-40%! I no longer "graze" all day and no longer hyper!”

Cyndi S · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 28, 2014

Belviq (lorcaserin): “I have been taking Belviq for about 6-7 weeks. I have tried every fad diet and never had success. Exercise became almost impossible. So far I have gone from 254-236lbs. A little behind right now as I had emergency Abdominal surgery last week. But I have to say my cravings have decreased that I have to remind myself to eat. I always craved sugar filled treats. Now I can walk past the Bakery section and not look or purchase anything. It has also cut down on our grocery bill. Prepared foods and bakery items add not only calories but can be costly. This girl always ate at least 2 cannolis at once. Haven't had one this entire time! Yeah!”

girl63090 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 18, 2014

Belviq (lorcaserin): “Update! I have been on Belviq for 3 weeks and I have lost 9lbs! I am ecstatic and so happy this is working for me! Next weigh in is Feb 2nd! I will update then! There is a light at the end of the tunnel!”

nossa21426 April 29, 2015

Belviq (lorcaserin): “i started using belviq 20 days ago. my started weight was 244 and i am 6 feet. today i am 222.5. i lost about 22 pounds in 20 days. for those who say it doesnt work. i think you need a miracle pill that will burn your fats while you are in bed. bc your such a lazy person. you just want to enjoy food and burn fats. remember you gained all these pounds in months and years. so you should expect so willing and good work out to lose them. you cant just expect everything to be perfect without moving your ass.”

PatriceAtlanta · Taken for less than 1 month October 6, 2014

Belviq (lorcaserin): “Hi all. I am 31, 5'9, 270 lbs. I've been on Belviq for 8 days. On the 1st day I experienced a slight headache. I've had no other side effects since then. After 4 days of Belviq, eating VERY healthy small portions & doing 40 min of intense aerobics, I had not lost a pound! I was discouraged & figured I wasn't a responder. My appetite wasn't suppressed either. Then I decided to take it on an empty stomach instead of with my meals. It works for me 100% now. Once I take it, I don't want anything to eat for about 3 hours. During that time, I just drink water. In the last 3 days I've lost 6 lbs! I'll update again once my 30 day subscription is up. Feeling HOPEFUL again!”

rolo2001 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 10, 2013

Belviq (lorcaserin): “I started same day I received my prescription, weighed in at doctors office at 302lbs! In 30 days I have lost 27 lbs. For me Belviq has been magical! Whatever you eat you feel satisfied, no cravings, no night time snacking, no side effects! I am walking faithfully minimum of 5 days a week 2 miles a night! I now have started doing sit ups, side bends and light weight exercises! Every family member, friends, even people I don't know if they are interested in weight loss I tell them the success I am having on Belviq and guide them to the site! I am beyond happy and for me this is life changing.”

Jacksonville Johnny · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 16, 2014

Belviq (lorcaserin): “I have been on Belviq six months and was 229 pounds. Now I am 192 pounds, lower blood pressure and bad cholesterol. Side effects early I was a little tired and headache. My will power and confidence are up 100% and my cigarette consumption is down 65% from two packs. My cravings for food and cigs are pretty mellow and I believe I will quit sooner then later. This way to easy and yes I do ride my bike daily.”

tyty75703 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 2, 2014

Belviq (lorcaserin): “I have been taking Belviq for 2 months I love it. I did have a headache for weeks and felt tired and slept. I weighed 226lbs and now 210lbs only thing you have to make yourself eat but you will fill full quickly.”

Losinglbs · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2013

Belviq (lorcaserin): “I have been on Belviq for 2 weeks now. I do have a some sleeping problems but it is getting better. I was 246 lbs and at my 2 week weigh in I was 233 lbs. I have changed the way that I eat and have had no time for exercise. I love this pill.”

Chucksmom · Taken for less than 1 month September 25, 2014

Belviq (lorcaserin): “I did have some significant side effects for the first two weeks but I took only one pill a day for that time to get used to it. I am up to two a day now (recommended dose) and the side effects are gone except for slight nausea once in a while. I have lost 6 lbs in about 3 weeks. That is quite good for me as I am not very active. Busy but sedentary life.”

Health4Life · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 27, 2015

Belviq (lorcaserin): “I have been on Belviq since September 2014 and have lost about 50 lbs. Today 1/27/2015 I weigh 195 lbs. and back in September I was at 248lbs. I love Belviq so much it's one of the best prescriptions I have ever gotten. Because Belviq helps me control my appetite I am able to eat less and I eat healthier food, also I have started working out for an hour a day, 6 days a week since I started Belviq. It's the most amazing medication that exists it really has changed my life for the better.”

Julesintx January 30, 2015

Belviq (lorcaserin): “First week 7lbs, a lot of energy and fall right to sleep at night and stay asleep. Only negative is I can only take one or I experience urinary tract infection like symptoms. I'm excited to weigh in the morning, it will have been 14 days. I LOVE Belviq!”

Lovell · Taken for less than 1 month July 2, 2013

Belviq (lorcaserin): “On day 6, I noticed a little more room in my belt and decided to weigh a day early - 194.5lbs down to 187lbs. I've lost 55 pounds from my tubbiest in 2003 (about 20 of that was water weight when I got my pacemaker replaced) but hit a plateau around 195lbs for the last 6 months. My goal is 170lbs by year end. My trepidation about being a guinea pig for a new medicine is more than balanced by the ease and amount of the result. I'm expecting further improvement in backache and joint pain as my weight continues to drop. Now on day 14 at 184 pounds, I've lost 10 pounds, twice my stretch goal, and feel great. This is too easy!”

Sidesteped By Pass · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 11, 2014

Belviq (lorcaserin): “Just a 54 year old 5'9 244 pound guy. I was considering by pass and was advised by a friend that the surgery is not the answer. Well 13 months later I shed forty nine pounds and feel pretty great. I am up to walking two miles a week and please don't laugh. No big side effects except a little constipation. My doctor is now a believer that this can help. Wish me luck.”

Mark DeVille April 18, 2014

Belviq (lorcaserin): “44 yr old obese male, started Belviq 3 months ago. Lost already 32 lbs. My doctor says results are fantastic. I am actually typing this from X-Sport Gym. I can't believe how good I feel and how much energy I have after losing the weight. I can't remember last time I was at the gym. I need to lose close to 50 lbs total to be considered at the borderline of overweight, or BMI of 27. I have to comment that unlike everything I tried in the past, Belviq has no side effects, except for the side effect of weight loss! I no doubt eat less and have less desire to overeat. Now enter exercise and I am sure I will hit my goal. Glad I am a responder. No problem paying for this out of pocket which I do because it works! Back to my workout.”

Getting slimmer October 31, 2015

Belviq (lorcaserin): “I started Belviq July 20 2015 @ 195 lbs for my 5' 2" frame. I also have Hypothyroidism and am on medication for that. First two days I had a headache but that stopped. Today October 31 2015 I am at 165 lbs total loss of 30! I have never been happier. My knee issues are gone and I feel so much better about myself. I have cut down on calories but have not yet started to exercise. It is totally working for me.. one pill at 8:30 am and the second at 8:30 pm. So glad my Dr recommended this for me! My goal is 140.”

Sumin July 22, 2013

Belviq (lorcaserin): “Began to take two weeks ago (7/8) starting with 1 pill on 7/8, then 2 pills a day (morning before breakfast and evening before dinner). The first week was dramatic (lost 5 pounds). The second week was slow, only 2 pounds. It is my body's way of fighting back not to let go of fat. But 7 pounds in two weeks is amazing. The most important change is sleeping through the night. I used to get up middle of the night with prescription sleeping pill. Then, I go to the kitchen and eat some snacks. Yes, I am a night eater. Now, that habit is gone. The second night after sleeping through the night, I dropped the sleeping pill. I do not need a sleeping pill anymore and I do not eat in the middle of the night. I don't feel hunger anymore.”