User Reviews for Lorcaserin

9.7

3 reviews
Summary of Lorcaserin reviews 8.0 871 reviews

Reviews for Lorcaserin

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "I'm 64 and tonight I will start my belviq. I'm a lil concern about side effects will keep a post of progress"

Guinness12 April 12, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Obesity: "I tried Belviq for obesity last year in 2017 and it did give me a fast heart rate and made me super tired. It did not curb my appetite in the slightest. It was very expensive $$$ and just a waste of my money and my time. I did print out coupons that would say 80% off, but the pharmacy would not honor them. I even had a free Belviq coupon that they would not honor. Totally not satisfied at all. :("

JD (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "My first day on Belviq,I am 41 years old, 5'4 and 168 pounds. I need to lose weight for health reasons. My goal is to be 140lb .This was recommended by my doctor I took 1 pill 20 mg at 11am, it kicked in at 2 ,I am not hungry at all. I did experience diarrhea , dry mouth, and headache. I will continue on hopefully, side effects will stop after a week. I will keep you posted!"

Lovely (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018

Belviq XR (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "Today is the first day I will start taking Belviq XR. I get to work around 5:30am, so I'm not sure what time I should take it? I do not want it to not last all day. I need to loose 80 pounds. I hope this works!!!"

lisa (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "I started on Belviq on Saturday, March 17. I 20mg pill AM and 1 20mg pill PM...no side affects what so ever. Today is day 3, still no side affects...but also no curbing my appetite or cravings! I eat fairly healthy but overeat on portion size. I am still eating as usual and waiting for the drug to kick in. I need to lose about 50 pounds and currently cannot really exercise due to back issues and PT. Does anyone have some insight how long it takes for things to start moving?"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2018

Belviq XR (lorcaserin) for Obesity: "I started on belviq 10mg morning and night in May of 2017. I switched to XR in September. It was amazing right off the bat helping me lose over 30 pounds. The cravings were gone. Then in the winter it is like it was a placebo. Now I have gained back 12 of those pounds with no end in sight. I am wondering if the two a day dosing worked better than XR"

Trying hard to lose (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 13, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "I've been using Belviq since February 13th and today is March 7th. So far I've lost 12 pounds. I've also cut out all pop, sweets, alcohol and bread. I don't do as much cardio as I should but will definitely be picking that up more so within the next couple weeks. Belviq has definitely gotten rid of my cravings and appetite. I didn't have any side effects like the headaches I heard about. The only thing I noticed was that during the day before I'd take my second dose I would start getting a little tired. Otherwise it's definitely helping me not reach for snacks!"

Linds March 7, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "This medication did absolutely nothing for me. I think it actually made me more hungry and gain weight. It also made me feel extremely tired all the time. Because this medication was not covered by insurance, with the Belviq discount card I still paid about $100 per month for it. I took this medication for three months. What a waste of my hard earned money."

Hazelnutcns (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "I started taking this medication on Saturday, today is Tuesday. 10mg x2/day. I weighed 304lbs day one and now 300lbs. I have lost 4 lbs. I haven’t really been watching what I eat or working out. It’s day 3, and I’m going to start doing keto and see how it goes. Will update :)"

Obesetobeautywithabeast (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2018

Belviq XR (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "I took Belviq for 3 years. It was successful for the first 6 months, I lost 35 pounds. After that, for the next year, I slowly gained weight back. Then it stopped working entirely and I am no longer taking it. I tried stopping it for 3 months and then restarting it. But it did not become effective again. I was really hopeful that it would help me keep the weight off long term, so I am really disappointed. The cost of the monthly doctor visits required for a prescription ($40.00) and the cost of the medicine $93.00 each month was not worth it in the long term."

ruth w February 3, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Obesity: "Well I spoke with my doctor and she determined that Belviq might work for me. I'm game for anything to jump start my weight loss. I started on today and we'll see how I feel. I'll journal my progress and share when there is something to tell."

Nicky J (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Obesity: "Today is my first day taking Belviq 10 mg. I'm 27 years old, 5'4", and currently weigh in at 202 lbs. I've been exercising for 30-45 minutes 6 days a week doing the Insanity workout, while maintaining a low carb diet between 1,000-1,200 calories a day for about 2 months with no success in losing. So here's to hoping this little pill can get the fire started and help me in the right direction. Insurance covered the majority of the script with a co-pay of $60. However the savings card provided by my doctor brought the co-pay down to $40. Will update with results after 1 month."

Tryandtryagain January 31, 2018

Belviq XR (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "Today (1/26/18) is the my first dose of Belviq XR. I'm not hungry nor do I have a headache as of yet. After reading all the reviews I was afraid of taking this medication. Each person is different so I thought I need to try it and find out for myself. I'm 55 and need to lose 30lbs. Wish me luck. I will report back."

Shabrit (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Obesity: "I took Belviq 2x a day about two years ago. It did give me the headache, tiredness, cold symptoms, but they went away after a few weeks. I lost 45 lbs., which I loved. I am back on the Belviq XR, once a day. This one did not give me as much side effects. I did get a little headache and chills, but it seems to be going away. I am on my 5th day. No loss of appetite yet, but I am optimistic because I know it worked before. I do Zumba 3 to 4 times a week so exercise is not the answer for me, its eating less so I am watching what I eat and using myfitnesspal app. It costs me $98 now because the prices went up. Good luck to everyone. I say do not give up, just be patient!"

ElvisBee January 24, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "Updating my experience using this for Poly cystic ovary syndrome and weight lose... I've now been on belviq for almost 4 months now. My weight is at 256lb. So I've lost another 20lbs between belviq, metformin and spironolactone since my 6 week update. That brings me to 60lb weight loss total, and 44lb of it in the last almost 4 months on belviq! I have experienced forgetting to eat on occasion, but I make myself eat so my body has the good energy to burn calories. I also drink at least 2 litres of water per day. I exercise 4+ times a week for at least a half an hour. I hope this helps in your decision."

Pcos newcomer #2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Obesity: "I previously reviewed this favorably. However, after 2 months the effect more or less vanished. It was initially great for appetite control. I had no late night cravings and even had to remind myself to eat during the day. But after a while the night cravings returned and now it is not terribly effective. I'd recommend this to anyone who seeks a short term solution to lose a reasonable amount of weight. For long term use it seems to lose its efficacy."

Greg C (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2017

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Obesity: "I originally wrote a long review on my end, but I see space is limited, which is a huge disservice. Took med for 15 months. I had a rapid heartbeat for a few weeks, but still took med. Desperate. I was fortunate that was my only side effect. It did not kick in for 5 days. NEVER was I not hungry enough to eat, and it was no match for PMS eating. Was diagnosed with PCOS 8 yrs. ago, & gained 50 lbs. Lost 35 on my own, gained back 25. Next step was Belviq from my endo. Some weeks I lost, some I gained. Nothing ever dramatic. This is NOT a magic pill. I exercised 4-5x/week like I did before taking. Greedy pharma kept boosting price. "Discount" is a drop in the bucket. $100/month is way too much. I lost 15 lbs. in those 15 months. Not worth it."

Th Stace (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 14, 2017

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "Worst weight lost pill. Makes you feel HORRIBLE. Terrible headaches and feeling nauseous . Wasted my time and most importantly my money . BEWARE!"

Vval December 8, 2017

For Weight Loss: "Just started today. Hoping this drug helps. Hormones and old age, 52, have me struggling!!"

cindy snowden (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2017

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "Diagnosed with PCOS in March of 17 after years of up and down. I'm 5'7" weighed 230 all through high school. Lost 40 lb year with no carbs. Lost another 40 eating nothing on 3rd shift. Bam pregnancy at 18. 2007 9lb 11 oz baby and weighed in at 278lb. Over 6 years, I got myself down to 200lb again. Kept it off for a while, got married. Lapse on birth control and bam pregnant again. 2016 2nd baby 7lb 9oz weighed in at 260lb. Over the next 9 months no matter what I did to lose the weight it just kept stacking on. March of 2017, weighing 316lb... tests. PCOS. metformin, lost 10. spironolactone due to extreme water retention. Lost another 6lb. 6 weeks ago I was put on belviq and I'm down 24 lbs so far. 40 total in about 8 months. 100 to go."

PCOS newcomer (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2017

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "Today is my first day taking Belviq at 5' and 163 lbs. My goal is to lose 40 lbs. My mom tried one of the pills yesterday and felt headache, dry mouth, body aches, and chills for a short while. She noticed her appetite was definitely suppressed. Today is my first day taking it (once a day) and I had a couple seconds of chills and thats it, no other side effects. My appetite definitely hasn't been suppressed but I'm hoping that within a few days, I will see some changes in appetite and some weight loss."

Rosie96 (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2017

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "I started Belviq after first losing a significant amount on Weight Watchers, so progress was sort of slow for me. I lost about a half a pound a week for the three months I was on it, but my motivation level was low. The problem for me came when I tried to stop taking it. I had the symptoms of antidepressant discontinuation syndrome pretty bad. These included lightheadedness, dizziness, tingly hands and feet, and blurry vision. This all scared me very much - I thought I was going to have a stroke. I even had what felt like an electric shock shoot through different parts of my body a few times. I was really relieved to find out that this is a fairly common condition and only lasts 2-3 weeks, but it was pretty uncomfortable."

LaurainVA (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2017

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "I used belviq a two years ago for about 4 months, and I lost 25 pounds. I weighed 185 when I started on the pill. My weight dropped to 160 in less than 4 moths. I'm 60 and 5'4". At first I experienced slight dizziness and felt sluggish and sleepy. After taking vitamins (B12, calcium, multi vitamins), it went away. I stopped taking it after I reached my goal. However, I started to gain the weight back after 2 years to 192 lbs. A whopping 32 pounds gain! I got back on belviq on October 6. After 3.5 weeks, I lost 14 lbs.with no exercise. I got the same side effects but they all went away after the first week. I plan to do a little bit of walking and light exercise just to speed up the weight loss get used to the routine after I'm off the pill."

Back on it after 2 years (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2017

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Obesity: " I pick my medication up tomorrow. I will update you all on my weight loss journey. My current weight is 199lbs"

Gum Drops (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2017

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "Starting taking Belviq 10mg a week ago. Number 1. None of the coupons I printed out didn't give me any cost reduction and my health insurance would not pay any cost, so I'm out of pocket, $280.00. Number 2 I'm 70 yrs young, weighed 196lbs at 5'4", obese. Number 3. Had terrible side effects past week, headache, fever, body aches and pain especially in feet and hands, have developed a nagging cough, dizziness. It's been one week today, my feet are killing me and I feel a bit feverish. Now I can at least get out of the house. Number 4. I weigh 192 lbs today. Number 5. So I will continue this journey one more week, if it continues with the side effects, I'll have to quit. Also I'm very active I take an accounting class twice a week, weights twice a wk, walk 5 miles twice a week, swim once week"

Ovee October 10, 2017