User Reviews for Lorcaserin

Weight Loss
7.8

Summary of Lorcaserin reviews 7.9 905 reviews

Reviews for Lorcaserin

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "I am a 5'2" 38 year old woman. I've been on Belviq 1 month. I am 175 lbs. I haven't lost any weight on Belviq. I had a slight headache for the first two days. Deep sleep and fatigue for 2 weeks and then insomnia. Weird. I haven't noticed a change in appetite. If anything, I want to eat more. I refilled the prescription and will try taking both pills at once. I hope that makes a difference."

MMJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "I've been taking Belviq for 10 days. I'm 43, 5'7, 182 lbs, 28 BMI. I'd been 145-150 lbs my adult life. I gained 70 lbs w/ both pregnancies (35 & 37). At 40, I was diagnosed with Hashimotos/hypothyroid & started levothyroxine 112mg. It really helped me feel better. But still a hard to losing weight. I spoke to my doctor & he agreed to let me try Belviq. After the first pill, I felt WIRED. The next day I took 1 again & felt wired but not as much. 3rd day I took one & it mellowed out. Since then I have been taking 2 a day w/ no side affects other than it spikes my mood in a good way & I want to drink more water. In the last 10 days I've lost four pounds. When I do eat, it's just one serving - before I could have eaten two - so it makes you feel full longer and it cuts craving for food - I just don't feel hungry much. My insurance did not cover, but discounts are available."

Layla September 10, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "I have a high BMI with hypertension and dyslipidemia. Spoke to my doctor about taking this to bring down my weight. Second day taking 10 mg twice a day. Slight headache, absolutely no appetite. My insurance (Aetna) does not cover it, but the savings card dropped the price from $315 to $82."

Caryn (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Obesity: "As far as costs go, My insurance company did not approve even though I made the qualifications and I have BC/BS. (Blue Cross Blue Shield ) My doctors gave me the savings card which dropped the price - Huge Savings!! Pick up tomorrow ;) praying this helps and started keto diet"

Mooshu August 28, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "I have been taking Belviq for 3 months. I'm very satisfied. Started at 335 lbs weighed in on day 90 at 286 lbs. I will say that I'm very motivated but the drug clearly eliminates my appetite completely. Every third or fourth day I will force down a piece of fruit but thats it. Good luck."

KevinJoe (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "Well... I read the bad reviews but decided to take it anyway. BIG MISTAKE! I realize not everyone has had these effects but I’m sharing what I went through. Day one: very foggy headed, dizziness and nausea. Day two: I was overwhelmed with extreme fatigue and still dizzy, foggy headed, nausea plus a really bad headache. Day three: took Advil with it and no headache, not as foggy, still a little dizzy and nauseous but no more than if I had a mild ear infection. Manageable. Day four: I noticed hot flashes and chills... weird. But I’ve not been hungry at all and the previous symptoms are now quite manageable. I feel like I’ve got a grip on things now. I’m ok. Day five: I start feeling agitated. I feel extremely insecure. Day six: I can’t stop crying, why am I crying so much. Still extremely agitated and so incredibly insecure. Still not hungry. Day seven: Depressive dark thoughts . I’m done!"

Echo August 25, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "I am the type of person to read reviews before I take anything or go anywhere. I read so many negative reviews on this product, so I wanted to say that I am on day 2 of the medication and had absolutely no side effects, I don't feel hungry , and it has helped my mood and slight increase in energy. Glad I did not listen to the negative reviews. I am excited to see the results."

BF (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "Soooo I unfortunately had to discontinue Belviq I have updated a few times on here. It was very helpful and did what it was suppose to and amazingly I have kept off the 15 pounds I lost. I unfortunately got the sinus end of the side effects and it took me a while to connect the dots. Runny nose super congested and stuffed up. I hope they find a way to reconfigure this because it really was so helpful ! I kept waiting to get better and I did, the first 24 hours of not taking the medication I tried going back on and within hours there it was again ! As I have said before this truly was so helpful!"

Stella Mckee (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2018

Belviq XR (lorcaserin) for Obesity: "I started Belviq XR 20mg morning— Day1 experience dizziness, fatigue, slight headache and racing heart 96 resting / up to 108 with movement. Day2 my symptoms were dizziness and slight headache. Seven days later—I continue to take the medication and the only symptom I have is dizziness. I contacted my dr because this medicine has not suppressed my appetite at all—-so he is planning to switch me to something else."

Disappointed (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2018

For Weight Loss: "I have been taking Belviq for about 5 days now. The first day I felt great! Over the weekend I felt really sick and weak and extremely tired, dizzy, nauseous and head and body aches. I am on 10mg twice daily I have not noticed it suppressing my appetite. I feel like I crave food more then before I started the Belviq. Before I started Belviq I reduced my calorie in take to 1400 calories a day and lost about 5 pounds over a 3 to 4 week span. No weight loss as of yet. I feel better now then over the weekend but I still feel weak, my muscles are sore and I have a headache. I guess time will tell if this is going to work for me. Thank goodness it is covered by my insurance I just have a $40.00 copay."

LDW (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "155 pounds, 5'2", 36 yo female, high blood pressure. BMI 28, and the Dr recommended Belviq. Day 1, extra energy, no hunger, slight insomnia. Day 2, slight headache, no hunger, chills. Day 3, slight head ache, no hunger, some chills, hot flashes. Day 4 diarrhea, my legs started hurting, no hunger. Day 5 slight headache. Day 6 took a turn a bad turn. Last day I took the medication. Almost threw up when I got out of bed. Had to lay on my bathroom floor to prevent fainting. I was foggy, memory problems all day. No hunger. P.M. sore throat started. Day 7, very sore throat, lethargic. By that night I couldn't swallow my own saliva. Red sore mouth/throat a side effect. Day 8 my throat so swollen I couldn't speak, had sores in my mouth. Went to urgent care. Gave me a steroid shot to reduce throat swelling. They said my heart was racing. Tested negative for strep. Day 8, down to 148 pounds. Ate healthy, kept calories around 1300. Ran 3 miles 3 days. Did I lose weight? Yes, but at the risk of being poisoned. Will not continue."

Angelbell July 30, 2018

Belviq XR (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "I started Belviq XR three days ago. I take it at 10 in the morning. First day I was cold and very tired. I pretty much laid on the couch with a blanket and watched TV. I like a cocktail in the evening and drank 2. I was worried about mixing it with alcohol but I researched and found nothing that said "do not drink", so I chanced it. Day two was much better. I wasn't feeling cold anymore and had a little more energy. Again, I had 2 cocktails that evening with no side effects. Today, day three I weighed myself and I have lost 2 pounds. The appetite suppressant kicked in today and I just ate my first meal at 4 pm. I am hoping it deters my alcohol cravings as I know that is a lot of calories that are not helping my weight loss. So far so good on this medication. I plan to give it at least 30 days. Good luck to everyone trying to lose weight. It is tough!"

determined101 (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Obesity: "I started belviq July 6 2018. I've been taking it exactly one week. I've experienced headaches and dizziness. I normally eat around 1030 in the morning. I eat lunch and sometimes drink a protein shake or half of one. I am extremely tired. I weigh 232. I am trying to lose 20 or 30 lbs. After my hysterectomy I haven't been able to lose weight. I am praying this works. I started 4.19.18 walking 3 miles for 6 days no results a few inches...I'll keep you posted. I don't feel like walking because of fatigue but I still do water aerobics 4 to 5 days a week."

Bay (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2018

For Weight Loss: "I started at 194 lbs in Nov of 2017. I now weigh 158lb. I have even quit working and reduced exercise level and am still losing about 2 lbs per month. I am not hungry. No side effects. No cravings for cake, chips etc. This is a wonder drug for me."

Nanny (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 11, 2018

Belviq XR (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "I have tried for about 3 years different weight loss pills, Chinese tea and tonnes of other alternative methods to try to lose weight, I am petite female after reaching 40 I realized that I started eating more consequently gaining a total of 20 pounds in 3 years. I started working out 2 years ago, lost about 15 pound, my trainer/friend had a baby we stopped our regular work outs for 3 months, gained back and even more. Started working out again but it’s was harder as I didn’t have enough energy on top of craving nonstop. So, I decided to see a doctor for an appetite suppressant, I have been taking Belviq since October 2017, I went from 144 lbs to 117 lbs within 3 months with 5 days workout, healthy eating, only water, I don’t crave or binge eat anymore, have tones of energy. My belly is gone, I am noticeably way slimmer, went down from size 8 to 3, even some of my shoes got smaller. It just feels so good, not to feel so tired and full all the time. I am 43 years old and 4.11 height."

Jeanne July 4, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Obesity: "I first filled my script in April I did leave a review this is an update. I skipped filling my prescription in May . I lost 10lbs in the first month using and kept if off while not using in May then at the start of June I did refill again . I have not had any side effects as of yet. I suggest eating a balanced meal then taking Belviq because if you go the route of skipping meals it will wear off and you will binge eat. It does kick craving to the curb. I take mine at 10 than again around 7 I do this because I am a night time eater and I mean get up at 1 and just ravage my fridge, I’m waiting for ”that time of month” women weigh yourselves after, as I gain up to 6 pounds usually prior , I started at 255lb and last time weighed was 237lb . I will eat junk if I allow myself you will too so try to keep it clean you still need to commit , once I get my work schedule under control I’m hoping some running and weight lifting will max my results"

Stellamckee (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "I work out 4 days a week and try to stay healthy but excess weight wouldn’t come off. I’ve been on the pill about 1 month and 1 week and I dropped 20 lbs so far. I did experience headaches for about 3 days but taking IB Profin 800’s help. I was a bit tired. I had habits of snacking throughout the day which I don’t do anymore because I’ve lost the hunger and growling stomach. I am done eating by 7 pm and don’t start feeling hungry till 10 am. So far this is a big help. Definitely recommend, however if you just eat due to boredom or for the heck of it this won’t work. It still requires dedication."

EN (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "I started taking Belviq XR January 2017, had to stop for a month because I had a knee replacement and needed to take strong opioids which don't mix, then went back on Belviq in March 2017. I have taken the drug for almost 5 months ( two months a gap then three months) and gotten over most of the side effects. The first two to three weeks both times were bad, extreme exhaustion and nausea, no head aches. Since then just get fatigued mid afternoon and sleep about an hour more than pre Belviq. I've lost about 25 lbs since I started, which is slow and steady and plan to lose another 20 before I stop taking it. I do use the Belviq manufacturer coupon as my insurance does not cover the $$$. Coupon cuts the cost in half. You can find the coupon on the Belviq website."

Magnet (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Obesity: "My doctor started me on this after I complained of not being able to lose weight after my hysterectomy and having hypothyroidism. I weighed myself the morning I started the pills. I am on the Belviq 10mg twice a day. I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 3.8lbs! Today is day 5!! The only side effect I have gotten was a headache after the second pill of the day. But I take 3 Motrin and 1 Tylenol..and headache goes away. No headache today at all!!"

Erica M (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2018

Belviq XR (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "Well, I've been using Belviq XR for a week now. The 1st 2 days I experienced dizziness and headaches but by day 4 I didn't have those symptoms. It definitely has suppressed my appetite I find myself forcing myself to eat. Fatigue is a side effect but I think the fatigues is attributed to the lack of caloric intake especially since I exercise regularly. So it's important to eat even if you have no appetite. So in a week I've lost 5 pounds so far so good. :)"

Morgan (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "Took this 2 years ago lost 85 pounds in 8 months now I have gained 22 pounds back so hoping I can get a jump start again. I only plan to stay on a couple of months because it’s higher now then before. Hope nothing but success for everyone out there."

Lisa (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2018

Belviq XR (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "I'm 5'4 and 165 lbs, on thyroid meds and have not been able to loose the weight from my last child. I took Qsymia a year ago and lost 15 lbs in 3 months but the side effects were insomnia, which I've never had in my life, and dry mouth. Cost per month was nearly $300.00 not covered on insurance. I gained half the weight back and decided to try a different med, now on Belviq XR, my Dr. gave me a discount card and only cost $98.00 as opposed to $300.00. I have been taking it for 4 days and have lost 3 lbs ! It has not curbed my eating although I do feel that my appetite is suppressed. I have not had issues sleeping but my muscles do feel sore and I am a bit sluggish at times during day. I have felt like I'm about to get a UTI for a few days now. Also had a few times standing up where I felt dizzy. Those are all the side effects I've experienced. "

Sarah June 20, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "I took Belviq for over 6 months and it worked for a while. I lost 60 pounds. However, when I stop taking it, not only did I gain the pounds right back (even working out 5 days a week) but withdrawals from this drug are very harsh and debilitating. I was so nauseous and vomiting every time I tried to move. Lingering effects: brain fog still happens. NOT WORTH IT!!!"

Me (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 18, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Obesity: "I used Belviq several years ago and experienced a 40 pound weight loss over six months' time. It is the only product that has worked for me without significant side effects. I was watching what I ate, but mostly I noticed that I got full faster and didn't have cravings. I did go to Belviq XR about a year ago, and I did not have the same results. My doctor is putting me back on Belviq with a high-protein/low salt, fat, carbo diet and daily exercise routine. Hopefully, I can achieve similar results to the ones I experiences in former years of using the original product."

Teach 8 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 5, 2018

Belviq (lorcaserin) for Weight Loss: "I've been taking Belviq, 20 mg, for 10 days. I'm the type that wants to see immediate results, so was getting frustrated because I wasn't seeing any. Well, that all changed when the medication kicked in. 10 days in and I've now lost 6 pounds! I'm so happy finally found something that works. My side effects are extremely tired all of the time, but that seems to be just about gone. Still having a little brain fog, but I do believe it will clear up the longer I'm on it. If you decide to take it, just be patient the first week, because you will start seeing results after a week. I was lucky my insurance paid the majority of it. I'm paying only $53 for a 90 day supply!"

Donna b (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...