User Reviews for Claritin-D 24 Hour

Claritin-D 24 Hour has an average rating of 5.1 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings on Drugs.com. 38% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 38% reported a negative effect.

Allergic Rhinitis
5.4
Nasal Congestion
4.7
Summary of Claritin-D 24 Hour reviews 5.1 10 reviews

Reviews for Claritin-D 24 Hour

Anonymous April 28, 2012

For Nasal Congestion: “I have a bad spring allergies which last me about 2months. I was sick and tired of blowing my nose millions times a day and couldn't breath through the nose. My classmate suggested that I take Claritin-D 24 hours. This pill works great but there is huge side effect which I hate it. Pros - cleared my nasal passage, stop sneezing, stop itchy eyes, stop running nose. Cons - Dry mouth, weak, Insomnia, dizzy, feeling high, and pain on my thigh and leg. But, otherwise this works great, such a life saver.”

CindyD123 · Taken for less than 1 month December 26, 2015

For Nasal Congestion: “I started this medication 5 days ago due to post nasal drip, phlegm coughs, runny nose... My doctor told me to take 24 hour. As far as side effects: I experienced slight insomnia...a little longer to fall asleep, my head is not quite clear, I feel a little foggy, when I need to concentrate and a little fatigue. No major side effects. The medication has helped but has not completely "cured" me. So overall, it's worked but it's not a miracle.”

Patc0001 September 14, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Works great most of the time. The problem is the price is going up and up. The other problem is the restriction on the amount that can be purchased at one time. I take one everyday but I can only buy 15 at a time and only 30 in a month. It's hard to believe that the sale of the medicine has to be controlled. On the last day of the month I have to wait until the next day to buy the med - so stupid. Especially when traveling and I can't purchase some in advance. It should be prescription again so I can receive 30 at one time.”

Restless in Philly August 31, 2017

For Nasal Congestion: “Big mistake taking my first Claritin D 24 at 7PM for sinus pressure from using a nasal decongestant the day before and getting a rebound effect of clogged breathing passages. Didn't sleep a wink all night!! My nasal passages are wide open though, so it works. However, insomnia is a real pain. It's 6AM and I feel like it should be 1AM bedtime. I'll be struggling through the day today. Restless In Philly.”

Rose Girl · Taken for less than 1 month November 17, 2021

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I will say it worked well for my stuffy and runny nose from AR… but it’s kind of impossible to sleep when I’m taking this, even if I take it first thing in the morning. I also get super nauseous and shaky from it, and almost felt ready to pass out a few times. The dizziness is a bit too scary for me lol. I’d say stick to the 12 hour version or just skip the pseudoephedrine if you feel like this too.”

Rudy · Taken for less than 1 month June 10, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Cleared my head out beautifully! Insomnia was horrible!!!”

danny9492 September 4, 2015

For Nasal Congestion: “Benadryl is WAYYYYY better. Claritin does almost nothing for my allergies. Would strongly suggest not wasting your money on this product”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 21, 2017

For Nasal Congestion: “I am experiencing hoarseness, dry throat and lots of coughing , no sleep problem.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 12, 2021

For Allergic Rhinitis: “How can anybody use this garbage? I'm having insomnia, hot flashes and it seems my head congestion is a lot worse then before i took this junk! Never again for me!!!!!”

jmgWI December 30, 2012

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I have been taking this for my allergies for a few years now and LOVE IT. The single daily dosage is great - I have NO "downtime" between doses. However every year the supply runs out.”