User Reviews for Lofexidine to treat Opiate Withdrawal

Also known as: Lucemyra

Lofexidine Rating Summary

3.0/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Withdrawal.

Reviews for Lofexidine

Lucemyra (lofexidine): "I Am Going to start this medication I don't know if and how it works I need someone to tell me I am gonna start this medication on Monday or Tuesday I need support. There are some support groups on drugs.com eg opiate withdrawal support group"

Flaca (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2019

Lucemyra (lofexidine): "This drug is not to be taken without guidance from people who know how to help you. If take at home, plan to need help 24/7 for 4-5 days. I needed help to go to bathroom! Could not get out of bed ! After that not so bad. You will need say 10-14 days off work to complete and regain strength. Drink lots of fluids or blood pressure will bottom out. Worked for me but. Very costly, copay of $500 and not at all fun!"

Vicki April 16, 2019

Lucemyra (lofexidine): "I will be brief or I'll run out of room. I was on 300 mg of oxy a day for a serious spinal injury. I wanted to either go off or taper and restart my tolerances or SOMETHING because 300mg was not enough after 15 years. If you want to die, take Lucemyra. After two days it sent my blood pressure sky high and my heart rate. I can ride 50 miles on my bike any given day so my cardiovascular system is good and was given a thumbs up upon scans. I passed out 5 times only 3 of which I remember. A camera caught the other two. The ambulance had to come and get me and a six day ordeal in the hospital ensued. I detoxed off the oxy which was hard but after 4 days they had to reintroduce some into my system and I started to recover. It is 1 tenth of what I was on. Lucemyra may tell you it could cause side effects. Well bucko, it left me about an hour from death. The ER in a major hospital didn't even know what the hell it was!!!. Work with your doctor to just taper. don't use this stuff"

AlmostDEAD (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2019

Lucemyra (lofexidine): "I'm 16 days off of suboxone & it’s 100% because of Lucemyra. I didn’t have to go to rehab, but still been very difficult 2 weeks. No way you’re going to work on Lucemyra. I own my own business and was open an honest with my wife and kids and employees. I had tapered down to .125 mg of suboxone for my 9th year on it before trying to quit cold turkey. That was impossible. Got my doc to give me Lucemyra. I could have slept through the withdrawals. And breakfast. And a house fire. Major cotton mouth. Super super low blood pressure. Luckily I took way less than directed after what happened to me on suboxone. 3 pills three times a day the first day, then 3 pills 4 times a day for days 2-4. Then I started my taper. Day 5 I took only 2 pills, twice a day. Day six I did one pill, twice per day. On day seven I took one pill in the middle of the day. The lucemyra dosage should be adjusted depending on your ows and you’re dosage. For me it was a game changer."

Droll March 20, 2019

Lucemyra (lofexidine): "Terrible experience taking this medication for opiate withdrawals. Did very little with the withdrawal symptoms and left me unable to function with the day’s task. It left me dizzy and disconnected. Hardly any sleep, no appetite and feeling very cold all the time. All in all the experience was MISERABLE:(. My doctor had me discontinue taking it after 5 days."

Big March 5, 2019

Lucemyra (lofexidine): "Lucenmyra is a nightmare!!! PAID $2,000 for the ABOVE!!! FAINTING, SHAKING, NO SLEEP, NO APPETITE, DEHYDRATED, SORES AROUND MOUTH & IN THROAT, BECAME A MONSTER ON IT, NEEDED 24/7 HELP, NO WORK, NO PERSONAL HYGIENE ON OWN, LOST MY LIFE FOR 9 PLUS DAYS & THERE ARE MORE SYMPTOMS... A DEADLY DRUG!!!"

Mary (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2019

Lucemyra (lofexidine): "I did not find this medication to help at all. I have been up all night and no sleep. I still have the classified symptoms of withdrawal, and this medication is a fortune!"

Sara (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2019

Lucemyra (lofexidine): "Was on Fentanyl patch for over 8 years from near fatal accident. Decided to stop Fentanyl with Lucemyra. First 2 days were wonderful. I had the best sleep of my life. I was very sleepy and dizzy. The 3rd day I was more awake and doing fine. This continued until the 9th day. My normally low blood pressure began to rise. On the 11th day after starting the drug, I had vomiting and such a severe headache that my husband took me to the ER. My blood pressure at that time was 195/95. I had a head CAT scan and was given non opioid meds to relieve pain. I did not sleep at all for 38 hours. Now at day 13, I am not having any head pain, but am having severe abdominal pain and diarrhea. I am very shaky . I have no real appetite, food tastes bad and my stomach is so painful. Hoping things get better."

Accident pain (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 16, 2018