User Reviews for Zyvox

Learn more about Zyvox.

Zyvox Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 107 medications used in the treatment of Skin and Structure Infection.

Reviews for Zyvox to treat Skin and Structure Infection

"I have been on IV Zyvox for almost 2 weeks now. I have a bone infection. I have been on SEVERAL IV antibiotics and this is the last one we are trying. I am experiencing side effects (nausea, vomiting, very loose stools several times a day, stomach pain, headache) but am trying to push through the pain as I am scheduled to come off the Zyvox on Dec. 7th."

Anonymous November 28, 2015

"I have been on zyvox for 6 weeks now and have 6 more to go. My experience with this medication Is not a pleasant one. I am on 2 anti-nausa pills plus the scalopine patch to be able to eat and not throw up. I am also taking a pill for loose stools so I stay hydrated. Spending a day in the emergency room getting fluids is not a good way to spend your husbands day off. My legs and feet swell to double their size and are very painful. I have no option but to be on zyvox since I failed vancadymicin. My doctor keeps on eye on me but the brown tongue and funky taste is disgusting. I pray none of these side effects are permanent."

JennyJoJo July 3, 2015

"Currently diagnosed with Systemic Lupus due to a recurring skin staph infection. Infectious Disease Dr. was concerned I.V. port might also get infected so she prescribed a 14 day Zyvox regimen. This is day 7 on it to treat a case of cellulitis on lower left leg. It is very slowly getting better. I suppose this is probably due to my Lupus. I don't really have any stomach issues, have a yeast infection and trouble sleeping at night. The infected areas skin has turned dark and appears to be shriveling up and is very tight. It seems like it has affected my calf, ankle & foot muscles as they are now really stiff making it difficult to walk without assistance. The medicine is incredibly expensive as well. "

Arizonadiva (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2013

"After having arthroscopic knee surgery, I developed a persistent skin infection (cellulitis) at the surgery site. I spent a month on different antibiotics that didn't clear the infection (cephalexin, clindamycin, and ciprofloxacin) and was finally admitted to the hospital for another surgery and treatment with IV antibiotics (vancomycin, zosyn). Zyvox has the same coverage as vancomycin but can be taken orally, which allowed me to leave the hospital after a week. I'm about finished with a 15 day course of Zyvox and the infection seems cleared. I haven't experienced many side effects - I've had a headache and felt a little tired and dizzy, but that's it."

pollywog75 July 25, 2009

"My father is taking this medicine for Cellulitis. Just started it today. Don't know yet how well it will work as he is a Diabetic. But it is expensive. "

Snipe Thompson July 22, 2009

"I had the MRSA virus i my thigh and it was the size of an enlarged grapefruit and nothing was working. My doctors gave me 4 doses of IV Zyvox and I was discharged in under a week."

Anonymous March 11, 2008

"7 day treatment worked well on an infection that lasted over 5 months"

S Bradfield March 8, 2008