User Reviews for Take Action

Emergency Contraception
6.1

Summary of Take Action reviews 6.2 47 reviews

Reviews for Take Action

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex, so i went and bought the Take Action Pill, I took it about 12-13 hours later. I was worried because I was a little over the weight limit, I was freaking out because some people were saying bad things about it. Now we had sex Sep. 2nd, didn’t get my period until Oct. 12 , other reviews I read got there period way sooner then I did and that’s what made me scared. I started to overthink that I may be pregnant, the fatigue/symptoms of this pill are very gnarly so please take that into consideration. I think my experience was wacky because I am a lot younger . Just remember “ the pill does mess with your cycle quite a bit so don’t stress too much, it will only drive you insane, this pill does do the job its supposed to. Don’t make the same mistake I have, USE PROTECTION!!" I hope this helped a lot of the younger women ease their minds a bit."

mamamia October 12, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Hey girls dont panic too much! I took take action like 26 hrs after unprotected sex and on the same day I was ovulating and it worked"

LoudMouth (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Going to start this off with Take Action WORKED for me but I had a whole month of freaking out about possibly being pregnant. I took Take Action 20 hours after unprotected sex. On the ninth day after I took the pill I started bleeding and wasn't sure if it was my period or what. It more then spotting but not as heavy as my normal period no cramping, lots of clots. Lasted for 5 days like my period. Than a week later is when I started noticing all the pregnancy symptoms! Like sore breast ,feeling sick ,discharge that’s when I really started freaking out. I’m not sure if this was the pill side effects or nerves but it was horrible took 9 negative pregnancy test 3-4 weeks later that didn’t calm my nerves I finally broke down and went to the doctor both urine and blood test was NEGATIVE a month later. I just wanted to maybe let people read my story and relate - the pill did work in my case. Everyone’s body is different and non of theses stories are alike so keep that in mind."

KAT October 10, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took within 72 hours and it didn’t work. I found out I was pregnant . I definitely recommend plan b one step. That one won’t disappoint you"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Took this pill, ten days after my period had sex that tenth day also and it’s been a month and a week a still no period . Still waiting for it very nervous . Made three pregnancy tests and all came back negative . What to think? "

Anonymous October 1, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Hi ladies , I had unprotected sex 3 days after my period ended. I took a Take Action pill 3/4 days after (72 hrs is recommended for effectiveness) I was a little pass 72 hrs. Once I took the pill the next day I started to feel fatigue and nauseous not to mention I started seeing light red blood. It’s been 2 days of the light bleeding no cramping at all. I really hope I am not pregnant :("

DancingDolphins (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "GUYS!! do not worry! The guy I had sex with finished inside of me (I was so mad I made him buy me plan b, but he bought me take action instead, I thought it wasn’t going to be as effective I was sick to my stomach because I usually get my period around this time of month. I was breaking out like crazy. I was in class and I got my period! It went through my pants I was happy and mad at the same time. My period is really heavy and the cramps are horrible. Just pray and don’t stress I promise it will work!"

Itsameee September 27, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took this on the 21st of September 36 hours after condom broke. Everything was fine for the first three days but today I felt a little irritable, my legs are crampy and I felt almost dizzy after taking a nap ( I never nap and I couldn’t fight feeling fatigued today). I’m hoping the pill will be effective. My friend recently took it as well and she said she had severe cramps in the middle of the night and had large clots when she got her period. I am not positive I would want to take this again should something like this occur again."

Anonymous September 25, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "First of all. I do not know if this contraception has worked yet. But I feel awful! I mean it really makes you feel like garbage! My breasts have been hurting nonstop for the past three days! Really feels like I'm pregnant. I didn't know I was ovulating and had sex on that day. Took the pill maybe 12 hours later. Everything seemed cool then five days later I started seeing brown discharge that is kind of going away. My period comes in four days… Hopefully! "

Ughhhhh September 20, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took the pill Sep. 13 2018 and I been nauseous 4 day and I take two home pregnant test and it say not pregnant but I started my period today and then it stopped. This is so scary."

Keke September 19, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Took take action within 75 hours. Vomiting, headaches, mood swings, back ache, period is a week & one day late, white discharge, body aches. Symptoms still here after a week. Not sure if I'm pregnant or not?"

Taylor1008 (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Yes I’m having pregnancy scare as well . Me and my bf had unprotected sex just two days before my ovulation day . He came in me for sure like all the way . And 2 hours later the incident I went to buy the pill and took it . 5 days later I started seeing brown discharge and that never happened to me so I thought it was early signs of pregnancy . This has been happening for 11 days now . But now it’s starting to come out bright red and I’m suppose to start my cycle today. But IDK if it’s just a light period or something because it’s not as heavy like it would be and my cramps aren’t bad like usual. I’m still not for sure if I’m pregnant. But I will be taking a pregnancy next week to make sure. Good luck"

Tootie (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Our condom broke (I am not on birth control), took this 12 hours later. I had brown spotting 1.5 weeks after which turned into very heavy bleeding with clots and cramps. This was 1.5 weeks earlier than my expected period (I have 32-40 day cycles) but Take Action can cause an early period. I am still having serious bloating and fatigue 1 month after with occasional mild cramps and sore boobs but both urine/blood preg tests are negative so it worked! Side effects are weird and long lasting but it’s worth it. Doc says I’m not pregnant! Time for birth control!"

Poopoo September 6, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "We had a condom break so I took this within 12 hours. I wasn’t sure if I was near ovulation because my cycles are between 32-40 days. I had no immediate symptoms but I started a “period” 1.5 weeks later (1.5 weeks earlier than my “expected” period) which started off as brown discharge and turned into heavy bleeding with clots and mild cramps. I was bleeding through a pad an hour and it really scared me. Then it subsided into what seemed like a normal period and ended after 5-6 days, so I assumed it just made my period come early. I began to notice symptoms, continuing on for 1 month including bloating, headaches and extreme fatigue. I took 4 negative home pregnancy tests and both urine/blood tests came back negative at the doctor 4 weeks after we had sex so I am NOT Pregnant! I still don’t get why this medication has given me symptoms for such a long time after - the fatigue has to be the worst. I’ll take it over a baby though and hope it goes away by my next period!"

NotPregnantAndThrilled September 5, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I had a crazy night and had unprotected sex ! I freaked out and decided to take this pill (first time I tried it ) I took it maybe 12 hours after. I didn't have any of the side effects until maybe 1 week later and had some spotting and that is pretty much it. I've taken 3 pregnancy test all of them were Negative! This thing was a life savor because I wasn’t ready to have another child ! TAKE IT !!!! IT REALLY DOES WORK !!!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I am EXTREMELY FERTILE. I was without birth control for a couple of months. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex. At first we weren't freaking out until I looked at the calendar and realised I was near ovulation if I wasn't already. I took this pill about 23 hours after unprotected sex. I was sure I was pregnant because after I took it I had early pregnancy symptoms just like my last pregnancy . VERY MOODY. My breasts got bigger and more firm just like when I was pregnant. I got nauseous and threw up five days after taking the pill. But almost two weeks later I have started my menstrual cycle on time. I was sure I was pregnant and scared. I really got early pregnancy symptoms just like my first and only pregnancy. So please don't freak out if you get pregnancy symptoms until you take a test and know. That was a really stressful and scary two weeks for nothing when this pill really worked for me."

Relieved August 29, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "My husband and I had unprotected sex in the morning by mistake and went to the nearest store as soon as possible to get an emergency contraceptive pill. I've never had one before and that was my first time. I bought a "take action levonorgestrel 1.5 mg" pill based on a suggestion and had it about 3-4 hours after the unprotected sex. I took pregnancy tests one day before starting my period and both of the tests were positive! We can't have kids right now and I'm totally disappointed. I'll never buy from this company ever again."

Sou August 17, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took this pill 6 hours after having sex and it DID NOT work. I am 6 weeks pregnant and super annoyed. I should sue. DO NOT take this pill anyone please!!!"

Steph August 16, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I promised I would write a review to hopefully calm some women freaking out like I did. Trust me, this pill works if taken within 72 hours. I took it twice in one week during my fertile window and during ovulation. The first incident I took it after 30 hours, and the second incident 30 min after and I am not pregnant. I experienced cramping after taking the pills and my period came a few days earlier with no horrible side effects (in fact I had no cramping on my period surprisingly, it was one of the happiest periods I’ve had). Now I am back on birth control, as this is not a form of contraception. However it does work, so please breathe and relax. God Bless xo"

BellaBean (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Boyfriend and I had a lot to drink and had unprotected sex. I took Take Action the next day. I had taken this in the past with success, so I was expecting a heavy period to follow. No period came. My skin started going crazy and I broke out like I was going through puberty. I just took 2 pregnancy tests, and they were both positive. Not effective this time at all."

Pregnant August 12, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "So I hate to have to say this but I’ve had to take this more than once due to condom mishaps ... but so far it has done its job, I usually grab this pill within the first couple hours, however once I grabbed it three days later due to money issues and it still worked. In addition I used this on my ovulation day and it worked! I always get my period 5 days after taking it as well, no matter when my period is scheduled to arrive. The side effects are very gnarly though, no exaggeration the cramps are beyond painful and the nausea and fatigue really kick in. But you’ll be okay, promise ladies just be patient ."

That90schica August 11, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "So let me start off by saying this past month has been very stressful. I had unprotected sex July 5th. I took take action 13 hours later on July 6th. I do not use birth control and he didn’t use a condom, he came inside me fully so I had to take Take Action. I didn’t have any side effects until a week after which was when I started bleeding randomly. At first it was brown so I freaked out because I thought it was implantation but the blood proceeded to turn bright red like a normal period. It only lasted for 3 days but my normal period is 4-5 days. My expected period was supposed to come July 28th-30th. I just got my period today Aug 6th. I didn’t take any pregnancy tests because I didn’t want to scare myself and I had a feeling it would come soon so I decided to wait. I’m over the 166 lb weight “limit” by quite a bit. I weigh 212lb and i’m 5’9. anyways please don’t freak out too much because the pill will most likely work if you use it as directed."

16yrolduser August 6, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Alright so let me first start off by saying. I was just like every single female here, panicking freaking out that it wouldn’t work. Let me tell you my story. Me and my bf had protected sex on June 9. The condom had broke (all the way) and he wasn’t sure if he had went already or not. I ended up taking it about 12 hours later. The pill I took was the take action pill (which is literally the same thing as plan b just cheaper). I took the pill and about 4 days later had a very light period. I bled for about 4-5 days (as per usual with my period). I started getting cramps, nausea, and bloating. I also started gaining a lot of weight and had horrible mood swings. After my period did not come, I really started to panic. I ended up getting my period literally 24 days later. Those 24 days we’re literal driving me crazy. I was so worried about being pregnant and had the absolutely worst side effects. Ladies, please be very considerate of the side effects of this pill."

Beachchick July 29, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Ladies, let me just start off by saying this has been the most stressful month of my life. I took this pill about 3 hours after the condom broke. I was definitely ovulating around that time and I realized that only after the incident. I waited 24 days for my period to come and it just came today after I left the doctors office (was getting a blood test for pregnancy). I had every symptom, nausea, dizziness, you name it. Took 5 tests (all negative, except one very faint +) and I've barely gotten any sleep because of all this. I'm definitely going to be starting birth control again because it is NOT FUN stressing over this when you're only 18. I had to get my mother involved as well, which was even worse. Moral of the story: practice save sex and some men couldn't care less about what happens afterwards. #not pregnant"

teti (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Before I took the pill I googled reviews. I was skeptical but I figured I’d be fine. Four days after taking the pill I started to feel nauseous. A day later I felt weak, and threw up twice that night. I could not get out of bed the following morning. My entire body was sore and I could barely eat! When I took this pill I was not ovulating but I wanted to be on the safe side. My experience was HORRIBLE. I do not recommend this to anyone. I took Plan B once a few years back and felt fine. A week after taking Take Action I bled for a few days. My expected period was 4 days late. LADIES, Avoid this pill at ALL costs!"

donottakethispillladies (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2018