User Reviews for Take Action to treat Emergency Contraception

Take Action has an average rating of 5.9 out of 10 from a total of 196 ratings for the treatment of Emergency Contraception. 43% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 32% reported a negative effect.

Take Action Rating Summary

5.9/10 average rating

Compare all 20 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Take Action

Davashliv February 12, 2021

“I had unprotected sex 2 days before ovulation. He came inside of me so I freaked. 16 hrs later I went to Walgreens & they were out of plan b so I resorted to Takeaction. It was my first time taking it, I read awful reviews so I was terrified. 3 days in, felt nauseous. 4-7 days after taking it nauseous, incredibly tired, mood swings, and an appetite increase. Day 8 extreme boob tenderness & severe back pain/cramping. I looked up symptoms & they all pointed to early pregnancy so I flipped out. Day 9, still boob tenderness, when I went to the bathroom I saw pink discharge (another early pregnancy symptom)I was so scared I prayed & cried every night, finally 11 days later I got a full period. My flow is heavier, I'm more bloated than normal, but I got it! This pill definitely impacts your hormones but try not to stress out, let your body adapt and react, all you can do is wait and pray. Take a pregnancy test if you are a week or two late, before you stress. I hope this helps calm someone.”

LO March 29, 2021

“I wanted to come on here to relieve any of you ladies who are worrying like I was. After reading some of the reviews and I was SCARED. So. The day after my period ended I was having unprotected sex when he accidentally fully came in me. I was PANICKING since I was in my fertile window. He went to Walgreens but Plan B was out so he grabbed TAKE ACTION. I took it roughly 6 hours later. A week later I went to the bathroom in the morning and BOOM sooo much blood! I was so relieved! But I thought it was odd since I JUST had my period not even a week ago. Well now, it’s roughly when I should’ve gotten my period but now but I was unsure since I had a mini period . Just went to CVS and got a pregnancy test. Negative! It’s going to be okay !!!”

Anonymous January 23, 2021

“A few weeks ago I was worried and reading these reviews. I was unaware about the “plan b doesn’t work after ovulation” theory until after having unprotected sex during my fertile days. I literally kept myself up all night after being on google too long and ultimately convinced myself that I was pregnant. Safe to say, I am not. Don’t stress yourself out over everything you read online, sis.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2021

“Hello I was going to put a review for you all worry warts out there because I am one myself! Me and my fiancée had unprotected sex the 10th of July after ovulation and we were pretty sure he came inside me so we went the next morning and got the pill. The next morning we had unprotected again an hour after taking it. But 2 days after taking it I began to feel all the symptoms, and honestly the symptoms are horrible it really screwed with my hormones and I couldn’t tell if I was pregnant or about to start. I spotted 2 weeks later for 2 days then I finally started 1 weeks after taking the pill. As long as taken directed it works! The side effects are no joke though!”

itsme October 13, 2020

“ahhh. So on Sept 29 my boyfriend came in me during sex. (I’m not on birth control) so later that night I got a take action from Walgreens. This was about 10 hours after the incident and I took it immediately. This was also 13 days before my period so I think that means I was fertile? Anyways, it’s been 2 weeks and I still feel nausea, I have mood swings, worst cramps ever, changes in bowel movements, and just waiting for some sort of blood. My period is supposed to start around the 10th of every month, and I’m pretty sure my period is starting but it’s a day late. I’ve taken several pregnancy tests every morning when I wake up and they have all been negative and it’s been 15 days now. I will add to this if anything else happens, but so far I think it worked?! Side effects are brutal though”

uknwn February 16, 2020

“Hello, hopefully this helps some of you. I told myself I would write a review for this pill. Here we go! So, My boyfriend and I had sex on 2/6/20. We used a condom. He came and when he pulled out, we realized it had broken inside of me. He bought the "Take action" pill and I took it the next day 2/7/20 I have never taken this pill before. (I ate some food just in case because I didn't know if it was going to be hard on my body like plan b was.) I felt nauseous at first, but then it went away. I felt literally no nasty symptoms like plan b made me feel. (Then again it depends on the girls body so who knows). I started getting period symptoms on the 11th, 12th, and 13th of February. On Valentine's day I got my period! And I still have it right now. I really don't have any cramps just kinda a heavier flow. But the pill works!! Also I'm quite young so am not ready for a baby. Take care ladies ! Don't stress your period will show up.”

GoodNews2020 · Taken for less than 1 month December 28, 2020

“Please do not be discouraged ladies! Take Action worked for me. I took it within 36 hours with a full bottle of water. I was nauseous for about two days and other than that I was fine. No other side effects. My period came about a week early. My current weight is 203 pounds. I know this drug is not 100% effective but there is a HUGE possibility that it will work. #BeBlessed”

Anonymous May 4, 2020

“Sooo... I told myself I would write a review once I got my period so here I am. My bf and I had unprotected sex on April 16 one day before my ovulation day April 17 ... I know dumb. He said he might’ve cum in me so for precaution we decided to take a plan b. With all the Covid going on out local Walmart closes at 8 now so we have to wait until the next morning. We had to settle for the take action pill because plan b was sold out everywhere. So I took the pill and waited. I had anxiety because who wouldn’t. I also had all the side effects.. headache, nausea, dizziness it was horrible. I wasn’t suppose to get my period until May 2 so I was letting time do it’s thing and I was being patient. Well long story short my period came one day late. It works as long as you take it ASAP, all the side effects suck but it works. Don’t freak out because I didn’t when I started reading some of the bad reviews.”

macandcheese101 · Taken for less than 1 month June 25, 2021

“I never write reviews but I am hoping this helps someone/calms some nerves. I had unprotected sex on May 22nd (5 days after my period so I was close to my fertile window). He said he didn't finish in me but I was not 100% sure so I got this pill just in case. I took it around 17 hours later. It was not my first time taking this, but this time was different. I had some weird cramping and nausea for a few days and then I ended up spotting/having a mini period a week after taking the pill. I was a little freaked out because this has never happened but after reading reviews, this seems quite normal. The last two weeks, my breasts have been insanely sore and I have been insanely bloated. I definitely thought I was pregnant. Then, I FINALLY GOT MY PERIOD TODAY. On my Flo App, it says I was around 10 days late. If anyone is freaking out, just wait and be patient. Stressing about getting your period can make it late too.”

Kadi April 6, 2020

“I had unprotected sex on the 22 of March, 2 days after my fertile window had started. So I took “Take Action” an hour after the incident. At first, everything was fine, and we had unprotected sex two times within the next 2 hours. The next few days, I started experiencing dizziness, back pain, heavy discharge, and headaches. Emotionally, I had anxiety attacks, depression, and suicidal thoughts. I am pro-life, and more than once, I considered abortion if I was pregnant. The day before I got my period, I had a severe panic attack. It was one of the worst attacks ever, with nausea and a rapid heartbeat. That night, I began having severe period cramps. I was discharging brown and hints of red very slowly. The next day, that kept on happening, but towards the night, it turned into blood. So I got my period, it works, but just get birth control or use a condom. I don’t care about the physical side effects, but the deterioration of mental health is not worth it.”

Emily June 3, 2020

“Okay so I also said I was going to write a review if everything went well ! I had sex on April 18th around 8am not to mention my period ended on the 15th of that month . The condom slipped off so we weren’t sure if cum got inside of me. That day I got the take action pill & took it at 11:45pm. I started spotting on the 25th until the 27th , it was slimy & I had a bunch of clots. I was kinda scared because I started to google stuff up & it was a sign of pregnancy so please don’t google stuff ! I had cramps & I would get disgusted after I ate most of the time . Also sometimes headaches. I also started to get really watery discharge . My period was 18 days late ! & I took a bunch of pregnancy tests from clear blue & 1st response so I wasn’t sure if they tests were just wrong I was so paranoid. My period came on May 28th & ended on June 2nd .. I also don’t recommend this pill I've take plan B & it was never done this to me making my period so late !”

Mobbymob123 · Taken for less than 1 month May 21, 2021

“I never write reviews, but I said I would for this specific brand of emergency contraception. I figured why not save an extra $15 and get this brand. I will not do that again. I took this pill April 14th. One week later on April 21st I had what I thought was another period, 3 weeks early. I felt extremely fatigue and cramping. When the bleeding stopped I felt ok again. Fast forward a week or two, I just knew I was pregnant. I was having vivid dreams, sleeping a lot, intense cramping, breast changes, and just majority of early pregnancy symptoms. My second period after taking this came exactly a month after on May 21st. I am grateful to not be pregnant, but the side effects on this specific brand are horrible. I have taken other brands and none of them were this bad.”

Anonymous October 14, 2019

“Okay, I promised myself that I would do a review once I started my period to calm some of you ladies who are freaking right now. I took the pill probably about 45 minutes after unprotected sex. A week later I started spotting, so of course I was freaking out thinking it wasn’t my period. It was very light spotting, but my cramps were AWFUL! I was shaking they were so bad. The bleeding lasted 5 days, so I was hoping it was my period. A few days later I experienced every pregnancy symptom in the book.. headaches, nausea, exhaustion, sore boobs/nipples, weight gain, cravings. You name it! It felt like the most stressful few months of my life.. this month I was 6 days late on my period and FINALLY started! This pill does have side affects for some people! Not all.. but! If you take it before 72 hours I promise it works! You’ll be okay I promise.❤️”

Sick and Unsure · Taken for less than 1 month July 13, 2021

“I took Take Action on July 10, less than an hour after the incident. I don't know if it worked as it's only been a few days, but so far, my side effects have been flu-like symptoms such as fever, headaches, runny and stuffy nose, congestion, body aches, and fatigue. I do not have the flu. This is the first time I've ever taken any kind of contraceptive pill. My period had just ended two days prior to when I had sex so I will not find out until around August 5 if my period is late or not. I have irregular periods so I may not know until much after. Hopefully this worked because the symptoms of sickness and a child is not worth the incident. This was the first time I've ever had unprotected sex and I'm not ready for a child in my life right now.”

London August 25, 2020

“So I posted earlier on August 21st under the same name London and this is follow up from PCP my blood work says negative and I took like 2 more pregnancy test that were negative. I still haven’t gotten my period it’s 10 days late, my pcp stated the morning after pill being taken twice in one month can throw off my cycle. So this pill works for me. I am not pregnant and just have to wait for my period to come back to normal.”

Pr December 31, 2019

“Okay so first off you’re going to okay. You were probably like me scrolling through these reviews trying to find something similar to you. I had unprotected sex on Nov. 30 & took the take action pill on Dec. 1. Every time before in this kind of situation I have always used Plan B or 1 time I used My Way. I’ve never had a late period or no symptoms with those pills. Exactly 1 week later from taking the take action pill I had dark brown discharge and bled for 3 days. I freaked out and thought it was implantation bleeding. I waited for my period, nothing came and I had sore breasts, had cramps, and some days I didn’t. I took 2 pregnancy tests and both were negative. My period finally came on Dec. 31 and I have had really heavy bleeding and severe cramps. Spend the money on the Plan B and If your'e period doesn’t come on time avoid the stress and take a test. Wouldn’t recommend this pill at all, but it worked.”

:) · Taken for less than 1 month May 22, 2020

“okay I thought I would share my experience because some of these reviews kept me sane the past couple days. I had a one night stand (something I typically wouldn’t do) he thought he pulled out but texted me the next day and said I should probably buy plan b. Take action was all walgreens had so I had to go with that. I experienced cramps from HELL and my boobs hurt so bad. I was supposed to start my period of the 19th and it didn’t come so naturally I was a bit worried. The next day came and still no period so I took a test and it was negative. Then I woke up with my period this morning so it worked and just gave me some bad side effects. if you’re late after you took this don't worry!! it’s normal for that to happen and remember ladies, we have options for pregnancy. Try not to stress!! :)”

Great January 24, 2020

“I got the pill at walmart because they were out of plan b so I got this one. Then after I took it I decided to look at the reviews and then oh my, they were all AWFUL of course that made me worry everyone was complaining about all the “side effects” and how overall it was just horrible so that mad me super worried soon after I took it. But all I can say is it was not bad at all!! No side effects besides and early period and some gnarly cramps but I’m used to that, it was nothing pills and a heating pad won’t fix! Also many people said it made they period a week longer but I can say that also did not happen to me even though it made me learn my lesson I would definitely take it again if I needed to and I just wanna you girls to know it’s OKAY YOU'LL BE GOOD!”

BanTheJam · Taken for less than 1 month June 29, 2021

“I’m the idiot that had unprotected sex once and then had unprotected sex again after taking the Take Action. I promised an update so here it is...I’m not pregnant. I took the plan action on 6/21/21 and got my period on 6/26/21. I’ve never taken any form of the morning after pill before but I can say I practically had no symptoms, so much so that I was worried it wouldn’t work. When my period started cramps weren’t any worse than normal but the day after I took the pill I was terribly fatigued. Also my period seemed to be lighter and shorter. But other than the pill I took Vitamin C, Cinnamon, and drank a lot of juice/green tea. I also did reflexology massages and listen to manifest affirmations, all of which I got from the YouTube Account of Michelle Rogers. Your main hope? Relax. Stress will only delay your period more. Good luck ladies. (Do like me and get an appointment for regular birth control.)”

Kgvela · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 27, 2020

“I took this pill beginning of Jan 2020, I got one period about 10 days after taking the pill. For this month of Feb I am late on my period but I keep spotting. This pill has given me breast soreness, and every period symptom for weeks now but still no period. Nausea, and weakness, mood swings. Never experienced this with Plan B.”

Tara February 10, 2020

“I took this pill within two hours of unprotected sex. Almost exactly 12 hours after taking it, I woke up to terrible cramping in my abdomen. That whole day I had the worst nausea of my life, including vomiting and diarrhea throughout the day. I couldn’t keep any food down. I almost passed out later that night, likely because my blood sugar was so low from not eating all day. I had some spotting about a week later, which was about when my period was supposed to come. However, I have not had a period since. It’s been about two months. I’ve taken pregnancy tests and they have come back negative. For the last few weeks, I have gotten cramps and some breast tenderness and irrationality that is usually associated with my period, but still no period. Planning to head to the doctor soon. Don’t recommend this pill.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 30, 2019

“Listen up beautiful ladies. I know you are reading reviews and about to lose your mind. I will be as detailed as possible to ease your mind. I had a period 11/4. Had an accident with my boyfriend and he ended up coming fully inside me smack in my fertilization window. I took this pill within the initial 24 hour window. (About 18 hours). For almost two weeks.. I FELT PREGNANT. My boobs grew and were in an immense amount of pain. I'm talking couldn't bear to wear a bra. I had cramps. It has been the most stressful time of my life. 1.5 weeks after I took the pill... I started my period and felt a huge hormone drop. This pill worked. But I have never felt so terrible in my life. Be careful lovies”

worried · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 13, 2020

“about a month ago i had unprotected sex in which my boyfriend pulled out but we were worried there was some in me. about 36 hours after got the pill took it then a couple days later i had felt sick but i believe i had actually gotten sick i threw up and got rid of my cold i believe and i felt fine. a week after taking the pill i had some bleeding for about 4-5 days which is my regular period length but it came a week early. it’s now been a month later and my period is 8 days late i’m freaking myself out because some people say it skipped their period or it came 10 days late but mines still not here. what sucks is i was suppose to start birth control my next period but it still hasn’t came. i also have no symptoms i feel fine, my boobs hurt but it was slight and went away, i don’t feel sick or dizzy. i feel just worried and don’t know what i should do because it’s still not here.”

Jen · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 13, 2021

“It’s been 2 months and no period!!!! I have nausea, cramping breast tenderness I know I’m not pregnant but why did it mess with my period so much. It’s exhausting just to keep waiting for it I am so annoyed!!! I will never try this again !”

MissLola · Taken for less than 1 month April 15, 2021

“Okay so I had unprotected sex the day after my period. I started panicking three days later and bought take action since there wasn’t any Plan B. I ended up seeing the scary reviews and not taking it that day but after a pregnancy dream I took it the next day on day 4. Needles to say I had no MAJOR symptoms. Just some headaches a bitttt of dizziness (which could’ve been caused by my anxiety) and I was super anxious because I was scared I was pregnant. Well 6 days later I started CRAMPING and then later I was bleeding and I bled for like a day and a half- 2 days. I’m almost certain it worked! I’ll keep you guys updated though !!”