User Reviews for Next Choice One Dose

Emergency Contraception 32 reviews 14 medications

8.6
Summary of Next Choice One Dose reviews 32 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Next Choice One Dose

For Emergency Contraception "I had the biggest pregnancy scare of my life. I had sex with someone I had just met, about 2 weeks ago (the day before I was due to start my period, so I didn't think anything was wrong). The didn't ejaculate in me, but I had read enough forums of "pre-cum pregnancies" to be afraid. I took Next Choice One Dose the following day (about 48 hours after sex), and no side effects until 3 days after taking it, which, then I had nausea, no vomiting. In these last two weeks, I was getting freaked out because my period didn't come. Woke up this morning, though, and it's here! Don't be afraid, don't google anything. Just take this and remain calm. You'll be okay!"

LeeLoA (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "so i had unprotected sex about a week ago. The same day i was very worried and took Next Choice.I was very worried the whole time.The next day i woke up i had all the symptoms that was on the package . I was nauseous ,dizzy ,and felt week. About 3 days later i realized some bleeding. i was still unsure if i was prego or not . Today the bleeding was more severe. I did some more research and read that if there is bleeding then you are not prego. So i do recommend Nest choice even though the side effects can be a bother ,but you dont end p perog soo thats good.:)"

Im blessed June 3, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Last week (night of May 10th/early May 11th) had some awesome sex, le condom broke though :( I took the pill around 6 the evening of the 12th. No crazy side effects - the first day I did feel a little nauseated, but I really think that was from stressin' out all day. I took it with food to keep my tummy happy, and for the time following I really focused on staying positive, eating healthy, getting good rest, & trusting the medicine to do its job. Yesterday I got my period (it was two days late but that's normal for me) it isn't any heavier than usual...I feel so relieved and thankful to live in a time where this is an option available to women! Hang in there & take good care of yourself, the pill works magic and it'll all turn out ok <3"

Dinahwontyoublow May 19, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I had to take the morning after pill after I accidentally hooked up with my ex-boyfriend and he forgot that I do not take birth control. I was already 5 days since I finished my last period, and I knew I was close to my fertile time of the month so I decided to take the after pill the same morning on the 4/10. I didn't have many side effect for the first 4 days after I took the pill except some lower abdominal bloating. On the 5th day after taking the pill there was some light spotting and decided to pack some tampons as I headed to Coachella.. It has now been 7 days since my period has started and it is the heaviest period I have ever had. I've gone through 18 supers in 3 days. On day 14 and still bleeding. Be prepared for the blood bath!"

Cole44 April 23, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "It all started when this guy I had sex with did it inside me, however I hadn't taken my birth control in about a year and it was on my most fertile days. (Miscommunication there) I was reading all of these reviews to help me calm down, which did help a little. Took the pill on the second day and three weeks later got my period on time! So thankful for this pill."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Well,I got liquor confidence and me and my man, weren't thinking about the gloves. So,on dec 28th,I had a slip up. I have difficulty getting pregnant, so I wasn't too concerned. We are grown. We know what comes from sex. So continuing, it's now Jan 9th,still no period. I took the pill on the 31st. Ok, now I've read different opinions and outlooks. Some started before their original period or late too. But typically before. I've used before but this time ,this was different. I keep track of periods, sex,etc. I was ovulating,when we slipped. I'm so concerned bc I'm 15 days late. No sign of period coming. My breast have bright blue veins. I'm lazy as hell. My head is killing me. I'm thinking, the pill didn't work. Pls,someone help me out with this."

Deeneedshelp (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Me and my boyfriend had sex with a condom, but I got paranoid the condom broke because I didn't get a good look at it afterwards and took next choice two days later (the day I was supposed to get my period according to my app, but I knew I wasn't getting it that day, hence the paranoia). Had sore boobs throughout the week after, but I normally have sore boobs before my period so I don't think this was fully due to the pill. 5 days later I now have my period! Looking back I didn't need the pill probably but it helped me feel better."

Probablydidntneedit (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "Took pill on Sept 15, 48hrs after unprotected intercourse. 2 negative pregnancy tests and 20 days later still no period. A bit concerned seeing doctor tomorrow for blood test pregnancy test."

Unsure_90210 October 22, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "It didn't work. I had just got off the pill and it was exactly 14 days after the start of my period and I knew I was ovulating. I had been having baby fever and he wasn't so the next morning we went to the pharmacy and I took the pill. Few weeks later I found out I was pregnant. I know the pregnancy was a result of that time and that the pill didn't work because that was the only time we had sex during that time frame. Nevertheless, I'm just sharing my story how this product really didn't work for me!"

MomAfterNextChoice September 23, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "My boyfriend and I had one too many drinks and we decided to have unprotected sex without using the pull out method! Well, I took the pill about 10 hours after for my very first time. I had no major side effects after taking the pill. After an hour or two of taking the pill I became very sleepy. I had my time of month a week earlier, and I was more hormonal than usual. I did not imagine the pill being a little expensive but I rate it a 10 because it worked and it is sure worth the cost."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "Had unprotected sex the day after my period ended. Took next choice one step about 2.5 days later. Experienced a little nausea the next day and fatigue. Five days after I took next choice I started heavy bleeding for a day and light spotting for a few more. I am currently 2 days late for my period but I took a test and it was negative. Fingers crossed that I'm just going to get my period late."

A. F. (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "Thank the gods. We're not pregnant. I'm not sure if it's fair to credit this pill with saving us, because our incident happened approximately 2 days after ovulation. Nevertheless, we're saved. She experienced 2-3 days of brown discharge/spotting, which can be a sign of pregnancy (panic). but then, sure enough, her period came around on time. we're fine!"

actualperson69 (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "Just took this a few weeks ago and I was extremely concerned about the side effects I was possibly going to have. Of course I researched on the internet and u always read horror stories that'll scare u to death. Anyway, I felt like I had no other choice so I took the pill very reluctantly. After about 7 hrs I did get nauseous, but never vomited. The nausea lasted for about a day. I was still able to eat a little though. I had the headache, but nothing more than a casual headache that pops up from time to time. Other than that, I was all good. So ladies, if u were like me and scared of the side effects, it was bearable and worth it considering the other alternative. Overall a pretty positive experience. Stay away from the horror stories."

topsyturvy May 5, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I took the one dose the morning after intercourse.... No side effects I am happy to say it did not work I have a 22 month son"

ladii bunnz (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I'm writing this review just to ease the conscience of some of you out there but trust me this pill works. I've had a to take plan B and this pill and they both did the job. Granted with Plan B I had less side effects but this pill I took 12 hours after having unprotected sex. I wasn't at my most fertile time of the month so that probably lessened my chances even more of getting pregnant but I took it just to make sure. Right after I took it I was extremely exhausted and took a really long nap. The other side effect I had was cramping and an occasional headache but nothing too bad. I actually ended up getting my period a day early but the cramps were excruciating. Other than that I was fine. The earlier you take it the better ladies"

FijiA April 17, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "Four days after my period ended I decided to have intercourse for the first time. As my luck would have it, I hadn't taken my birth control in 5 days due to my prescription running out and the condom broke. Three hours later found me at my local Farm Fresh asking for Plan B (they gave me Next Choice instead). I took it and freaked out for six days. On the seventh day I got my period again. The bleeding was really heavy and the cramps were terrible, but I was ecstatic. Oh and I weigh 178. It worked wonderfully. Best $40 I've ever spent."

KTG April 7, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "So I took the pill 10 hours after my little encounter with my best friend. It was my first time and I was shocked that I succumbed to the pressure. I experienced cramps and headaches the whole week after taking the pill. I was worried when my period didn't official start that Monday but I was three days late which was Thursday when I came on. I'm so happy and relieved. This pill works. So just calm down and breathe."

Smartypants Britt March 26, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "The pill does a great job of preventing pregnancy just like plan b will. I have taken this pill several times before but this time wow. This pill does a good job at mimicking pregnancy symptoms, but I am glad to say I am not pregnant. Had intercourse on January 6 but took the pill just in case of pre-ejaculate. My period was due Jan 22 but spotted earlier on Jan 15-18 brownish and then pink. I had real bad breast tenderness, dizziness, nausea, hot flashes, high blood pressure, headaches, back ache, prominent veins on boobs and all over body, muscle spams, cramps but no period, slight fever. It is now March 13 and yet no period, the pill threw my cycle off real bad."

FallOutGirl51 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex on Feb 1, 2015 around 4pm. My periods have been irregular and at this time I haven't had my period in 3 months. The next day, I took the Next Choice One Dose pill at 5:30pm. (I took a pregnancy test before taking the Next Choice One Dose pill and the test was negative.) That week (2nd-7th), I experienced pain in my lower back, painful cramps, dizziness and headaches. On Feb 8, I got my period! It started off very heavy and got lighter at the end. During my period I experienced the regular period symptoms and PMS. The period lasted for 5 days. I recommend this medication because it is cheap and it works!"

Stacy!123 February 20, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I took Next Choice One dose after unprotected sex in late Dec 2014. I just had ended my period a couple days prior and probably was not ovulating but took it just in case. After taking the pill I experienced tiredness the first day. Awful cramps for a couple days after and then started to bleed for about 4 days which seemed like a period. This is a common side effect I read. I was also told if you bleed after the pill, that usually means it worked. My period ended up coming last night which is 8 days after my normal period date. I was stressed the whole time waiting for my period to come. Finally it's here. This pill works!"

E625 (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I took the take action pill last year and I didn't research it or anything. I was really scared it wasn't going to be effective. My husband got it for me. I'm happy to say this pill didn't really have any scary or painful side effects the only thing I felt was maybe little cramps breast pain and that was it. I got my period 3 days after when I was supposed to get it, even though this pill is only effective during 72 hours (3 days) I took it the 4th day and everything felt normal. I took the take action pill last year July 4, 2014. I have recently took it again 2 weeks ago and I've so far just had headaches and breast pain."

tellme24 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I took Next Choice One Dose 48 hours after unprotected sex. The sex was one day after my period ended. I was dizzy for several days after taking the pill. I had loss of appetite, but I think it was because I was worried about being pregnant. I had spotting 4 days after taking the pill and the spotting was for 3 days. I had cramps the whole time I was spotting. I ended up getting my period a week before it was scheduled to start. My period normally lasts 6 or 7 days, but it was only 4 days after using this pill. It has now been a month since I used the pill and I am not pregnant. I would not want to use emergency contraception again, I think I learned my lesson. If I had a friend in my situation I would definitely recommend it."

PoorJudgement (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2014

For Emergency Contraception "My boyfriend and I had sex on 1/11/14 and the condom fell off. Around 1 hours later I took the morning after pill and I am happy to say that I got my period today 3 days sooner! (This was also around the time the calendar said I was ovulating) so don't freak out! As long as you take it as soon as possible you will be fine!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2014

For Emergency Contraception "Me and my boyfriend had protected sex but the condom broke, I took Next choice about 8 hours later. I had no symptoms, it seemed strange because I usually get symptoms with next choice. I got my period two days late, but hey better late then never. "

Stephanie07 (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2014

For Emergency Contraception "I had sex Saturday after my period finished the first comdom broke and he said he had came a little on it. So the nextday which was Sunday I bought the contaceptive and took it. A few days later on thursday I started spotting reddish brown and the next day which is today friday I started bleeding heavy like if it was my period. Which is weird because I had just finished my period 6 days ago. BTW I'm 18 going on 19. Is it normal?"

unknown22895 January 18, 2014