User Reviews for Femara to treat Breast Cancer, Adjuvant

Femara has an average rating of 6.9 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Breast Cancer, Adjuvant. 50% of those users who reviewed Femara reported a positive effect, while 13% reported a negative effect.

Femara Rating Summary

6.9/10 average rating

Compare all 17 medications used in the treatment of Breast Cancer, Adjuvant.

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 13, 2021

“Bone pain, trigger fingers, joint pain, hip pain+++, wrists /thumbs repeated tendonitis, low energy. From Anastrozole to letrozole issues persist worse over time. Still on it, but had to stop working. Managing to stay on as benefit out weighs risk”

Bodiceae · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 5, 2018

“Right mastectomy 2016, 5 months chemo and 5 weeks radio therapy. Started Femara 15 months ago, prescribed for 5 years. I am experiencing increasing pain in my joints, muscles, liver and over all depression. Am considering stopping femara as the tumour was removed with no spread to lymph nodes. Lymph clearance all the same as the centinel node was infected. I am 55 but feel a lot older than ever before!”

marge623 May 13, 2016

“joint pain, no energy, no enthusiasm for social life, tiredness, weakness, low appetite. Femara is extending my life. I know this since I have been in remission for 5 years after taking Femara. My breast cancer started in right breast 32 years ago. Chemo and Radiation therapy stopped it for 22 years but 5 years ago it matastasized to lung and bones. This is when the oncologist prescribed Femara. I'm now in my "golden" years, a widow for 16 years but determined to find relief for this pain and relief from this depression so I can be happy and enjoy life.”

cauryn August 30, 2013

“I had stage 3 breast cancer have been through chemo, radiation and have been on Femara for 4 months. I started on Aromasin but had terrible joint and muscle pain so my oncologist changed me to Femara. My joints and muscles feel better but I am so tired that even my oncologist tells me I look worn out. I will live with the fatigue as I know this medicine works. I am 58 and I can no longer do what I did less than a year ago. I ride a bike 40 minutes a day, I eat healthy but I just have no vitality. I miss my old self.”

doghouse814 · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 19, 2014

“I was diagnosed in 2009, had lumpectomy, chemo, radiation. Managed to continue working through it all. Then took tamoxifen for 2 1/2 years...had horrible muscle cramping and hot flashes, switched to letrozole after determining I was post menopausal. The major muscle cramps lessened considerably, as did the hot flashes. I took this for 2 1/2 years, just stopping 3 weeks ago. I have muscle, joint, bone achiness 24/7, no energy, tired always, feel like I'm in a fog, tinnitus, heartburn, slow metabolism with weight gain. How long will it take to reverse all of these side effects now that I no longer take it? I even quit taking ibuprofen because it doesn't do anything for the pains. I am now 2 months from being 50 years old.”

mary dresden May 21, 2013

“When I switched aromatase inhibitors from Arimidex to Femara it was a world of difference! The terrible side effects I was experiencing made me question whether survival from breast cancer was worth it if my life would be spent with Arimidex side effects of irritability, MORE hair loss, joint pains, etc. My oncologist switched me to Femara and my life returned to more pleasant and more energy. I have been suggesting this change to all my blogging support group that are having problems with Arimadex. Later adding OTC Biosil and SamE have also helped the hair and joint and mood issues.”

Anonymous November 18, 2011

“After reading of so many negative side effects of Femara I was hesitant to start. Since it decreases my chances of recurrence by 25% I felt I must try it. I've been on it for 1 year now and have had very few if any negative side effects. My hair regrowth has been spotty and slow, whether due to the Femara or just the general effects of chemo and radiation I'm not sure. I switched 2 months ago to the generic formula, have noticed no changes. I feel very fortunate not to have suffered many of the effects other women have reported.”

Janny'darie · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 29, 2015

“Stage IIIc Lobular breast CA, node , Started generic Femara 18 months ago after radiation. Minor side effects- hair loss, nails, skin, vaginal dryness. Major- started out with tolerable joint, bone and muscle pain. But about a month ago, these symptoms became severe enough to decrease my quality of life. My oncologist did blood work, all okay. She wanted a bone scan but after ready reviews, this is the Femara not bone cancer. She just has not had amy Patients do this, the literature is based on trials not general population. The literature( and she told me) the symptoms go away by 8 months! Not!! I also have MS ( still mobile, but that has some same/ similar side affects) but Femara more like arthritis. Knees, ankles. Stay on though!”

Lucydog7 March 12, 2012

“I have been on Femara for five years now. I have had some side effects like dizziness and slight joint pain. All in all, if it keeps breast cancer away I am happy to take the medication. ”

Learn more about Breast Cancer, Adjuvant