User Reviews for Toradol IM to treat Pain

Toradol IM has an average rating of 4.7 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Pain. 40% of those users who reviewed Toradol IM reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

Toradol IM Rating Summary

4.7/10 average rating

Compare all 1431 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Betsy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 24, 2021

“I have arachnoiditis, which is inflammation of the arachnoid layer of the covering of the spinal cord. I have 24/7 intractable pain for which I am on injectable dilaudid. When my pain flares even the dilaudid doesn’t work. Enter Toredol which saves my life. I inject 30 mg at home every other day when I’m flaring. Can’t take more than that because it is bad for your GI tract if you take too long. It is a God send.”

Kate · Taken for less than 1 month January 3, 2019

“I had fallen the day before and ended up the next day with back spasms. These aren't just little twinges, they are like someone is sticking a knife in my back. They are the worst!! I sent in to the doctor's office and they gave me a shot of Toradol. I got absolutely no relief at all. Might as well have been a placebo. I didn't have any side effects from it, which is unusual for me. My spasms lasted for 12 hours straight before stopping.”

Rohan · Taken for less than 1 month October 25, 2018

“Went to my Primary Care with extreme, crippling menstrual pain (I have cysts and endometriosis). Nurse injected in my arm, I am routinely used to injections and I've never felt such pain from a needle in my life. My entire arm went numb, I couldn't feel my hand. Then, for a long while afterwards I kept getting shockwaves up and down my arm, like bees stinging inside of my nerves. Not sure if this was the drug or malpractice? Minutes later I was vomiting profusely in the office wastebasket. My arm then developed a large, red circular rash. Apparently this is not a normal reaction. Once I was home, I also got a hideous migraine as a side effect. The drug did relieve my cramps, and knocked me out for a good several hours, but it wasn't worth the headache or the pain in my arm. Never again.”

D1nonly2 May 18, 2014

“Went to urgent care for neck, shoulder, and arm pain. Had taken ibuprofen, naproxen, aspirin, and muscle relaxants to no avail. Given a shot in the hip. Felt tingling throughout my limbs but only slight decrease in neck pain. By the time I got home, less than 2 hours, pain was back at the same level as before the shot. ”

Vernag · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 1, 2015

“I use to get Toradol I.M injections for cyclic vomiting syndrome. My stomach pain becomes very severe at times and Toradol 1ml injection is the only thing that will stop the pain when I'm having an episode.”

Distress · Taken for less than 1 month August 23, 2018

“I was in #9+ pain after a cervical (SPINE) nerve cauterizing procedure, (in addition to migraine) & was highly distressed to get ZERO pain relief. The drive/additional nausea/pain/stress to get the Toradol shot caused WORSE pain than if I'd known Toradol was the only remedy offered. Toradol is not effective for me at all!”

Ll · Taken for less than 1 month September 28, 2018

“Received IM injection. No relief of pain. Caused pain, paresthesia, hyperesthesia and numbness from hip injection site to lateral knee. This persists 6 weeks later. Experienced nausea and violent vomiting for 12 hours as well. I will not take this again”

moses16 March 18, 2011

“I see several people have had adverse reactions to using Toradol. As for myself, I've spent the last 38 years with severe cluster headache syndrome (also called the suicide headache) almost every week to every other week I get those headaches and it has been that way for 38 years. The one thing that ever worked for me to relieve the constant pain was Demerol (100 u) at a time. Normally one shot was all I needed and the pain would go away for a week or so. However, the older I get the more the pain occur. I now take a shot with 100 U of Demerol, 60 u of Toradol and 40 u of Phenergan (antinausea). That combination has been very good for me to stop the pain for at least a month or so. It does help most of the time.”

Clarkstone January 23, 2016

“Kidney stones. Size of marble in each kidney. ER. ER nurse with compassion and intelligence as I writhed in agaony, injected me in my bottomside. Instant relief. Exhaled and could taste the keytone of the torodol. Passed out. Separate occasion. Wish for death migraine. Usually 800 mg ibuprofin and 2 cups of fresh coffee sometimes with pseudoephedrine 60 mg and dark quiet and proper pillow and don't move for 2 hours, will win it for me but was on day 3, out of imitrex too. Went to ER. Dr. with experience, shot to bottomside, lights out. Took bout an hour for complete relief. But began to ease pain right away. I've tried all the dopiates, and the result is no pain relief, nausea or unco science.”

Anonymous November 6, 2011

“Works very well. Only problem is the limited use restriction of 5 days. Rheumatoid arthritis pain is continual and ibuprofen my regular nsaid of use has little effect of late. I am referring to the oral administration of toradol the i. M. Shot will last 24 hours.”

Wanderer 2 January 28, 2016

“Had severe abdominal pain, Doc gave me shot of toradol and said I needed to get to motel because I would be going to sleep. Only reduced pain 50% and suffered for 4 more hours and then taking hydrocodone to finally get to sleep”