User Reviews for Zenatane

Learn more about Zenatane.

Acne 6 reviews 525 medications

9.3
Summary of Zenatane reviews 6 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Zenatane

For Acne "At 19 I started experiencing SEVERE cystic acne-constant dime, penny, and nickel sized cysts, usually 3-5+ in various spots on my face at a time. They were embarassing & extremely painful to the point of having limited facial movement/expression. After 2 years of trying everything possible (including painful cortisone shots!) I went to a new derm who finally let me try Zenatane (generic brand Accutane). My acne did get worse at first, then I began to see real results at ~ month 5. After 9 months of treatment I was completely clear & have been clear ever since. I did experience many side effects such as extreme dryness, INSANE mood swings, bad body aches, hemorrhoids, tirediness, & more, but it was all worth it. Don't give up on the process!"

MLBW December 2, 2016

For Acne "My son started zanatane 5 months ago after trying EVERYTHING else. This is the ONLY thing that has cleared his skin (took almost 5 months) His Dr started him off w/ 20 mg twice a day..now he is taking 60 MG twice a day. To those complaining about side effects...his Dr stated he must take this w/high fat foods...peanuts, peanut butter, bacon, etc.(2 help absorb the med) His 1st 2 blood tests came back a little high so she did not up his dosage. He ate more fat when taking the pills (few scoops pb)& now on higher dose his counts are good. Do not listen 2 scary stories about this med. His Dr said she has been prescribing for 12 yes & NEVER had a bad side effect reported (other than dry skin, lips). Wish he went on this sooner (18 yrsold)"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2016

For Acne "I was not sexy. Now I look sexy. This stuff works. (Still on it because it's only been 4 months.)"

Sexy man (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2016

For Acne "I am a 25 year old female and I struggled with acne for approximately 7-8 years before starting Zenatane (isotretinoin). I tried several topical and oral medications with little to no success. It became extremely upsetting and frustrating to wake up an extra 30 minutes just to "cover up" my breakouts. I finally made the decision to speak to my dermatologist about accutane, and after completing some research I decided to go on it. I have completed close to ONE month on this pill and it is truly a miracle! My face has cleared and instead of having several cystic breakouts during "that time of the month" I only had one. The only side effects I have yet to experience are dry lips. I highly recommend this medication!"

Acne miracle (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2016

For Acne "I have been on Zenatane for about 9 months! It has taken me a lot longer to see results than most people/stories I've heard but it saved my face. I had cystic acne break outs mostly on my cheeks. Nothing would make them go away. After starting Zenatane it wasn't an 'over night' clear up miracle. It took months. After 4 months with no results I was ready to give up but than after 5-6 months- the cysts just stopped. It was sudden and surprising. My skin continues to 'turn over' and looks better and better every week. I also changed my diet which I believed helped as well. In Feb 2016 will be a full year I've been on accutane (Zenatane) and I am ready to be done but it has been worth it."

Bunnycat159951 December 8, 2015

For Acne "Since I was young I have suffered of cystic acne. I think is hormonal because sometimes my face is clear and sometimes is not. Now that I am 35 I decided to go with Zenatane because my dermatologist recommended it. I am on 30 MG twice a day. I have been Using this for one Month Now I Am on my second month and the side effects are horrible. Dry lips, eyes, sleepiness, and the worst joint and muscular pain on my upper middle back, neck, chest, knees, hands , and hips. I am not exaggerating I feel like an old lady of how stiff I feel especially in the mornings. I also have some stomach discomfort and mild heart burn. I don't want to continue but my skin just in one month has improved a great deal."

kensleynkenya2510 November 6, 2015