User Reviews for Isosorbide dinitrate

Also known as: Isordil, ISDN, Isordil Titradose, Sorbitrate, Dilatrate-SR, IsoDitrate, Isordil Tembids, Isochron

Heart Failure

1 review 131 medications
Summary of Isosorbide dinitrate reviews 7.0 4 reviews

Reviews for Isosorbide dinitrate

Its Me · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 18, 2019

For Heart Failure: "I was put on Isosorbide Dinitrate after taking another med that cause my heart rate to go so low, which caused me to have a mild heart attack and be hospitalized. Upon leaving the hospital, I was given a prescription for the Isosorbide Dinitrate 20mg 3x a day. I started having angina pains so bad that I was hospitalized because of them. I had never had angina in my life until taking this med. I started cutting the dose slowly and noticed the less I took, the LESS I had angina pains. Now off of the isosorbide and no more angina. I took this med for over a year and endured this horrible pain before I figured it out."

olbugga · Taken for less than 1 month October 15, 2014

For Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis: "Prior to this medication, I was depending on Nitro exclusively for Angina occurrence, with good results; I now take Isosorbide Dinatrate 10 mg three times daily with very little results, that I can determine. After every pill, I get angina in 1-2 hrs and this lasts until my next dosage. I don't think this medicine is appropriate for me."

Anonymous December 19, 2010

For Angina: "I have been using this medicine for a few months now. No matter how much I wanted to feel better by doing so, this medicine never made any difference. I still have angina regardless of taking the tablets regularly 20 mg, twice a day."

Anonymous April 30, 2008

For Angina: "Made a substantial difference in my quality of life. I get about 10 hours of pain free (angina) time per dose. I take a pill 2x daily and get almost full relief. Only time I get some little pain now is after a full dinner and some exertion. Before Isosorbide any exertion caused pain."