User Reviews for Isosorbide dinitrate

Heart Failure 1 reviews 123 medications
Summary of Isosorbide dinitrate reviews 3.4 6 reviews

Reviews for Isosorbide dinitrate

Mimi · Taken for less than 1 month November 26, 2019

For Angina: “I was given this medication for very bad chest pains, instead of nitro glycerine. My angina pain got much worse taking this. After a week I stopped taking it and the chest pain let up.”

Me August 10, 2019

For Angina: “A blood pressure med caused my heart rate to get so low, I ended up in ER and kept over night. Leaving the hospital, I was given isosorbide 3x a day. I started having bad angina pain. I never had angina before. My heart raced 120 to 160 times a minute. The angina pain caused me to be hospitalized twice. The second time was so bad, I thought I would die. No doctor mentioned it could be from Isosorbide. I was given nitroglycerin for under the tongue, to stop the pain. I took nitroglycerin from 2 to 10 times a day for pain. I started exploring when angina started and tracked it back to when I started taking the Isosorbide. After slowly taking myself off of it, the pain stopped. Now I have what feels like nerve damage on left side of my body and down my whole left arm and hand from having this pain for 1 1/2 years I took this med. I went through a year of horrible test, MRI's, CAT scans, ECHOGRAMS, Heart Cath., ETC. No answers, I had to figure it out for myself.”

Its Me · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 18, 2019

For Heart Failure: “I was put on Isosorbide Dinitrate after taking another med that cause my heart rate to go so low, which caused me to have a mild heart attack and be hospitalized. Upon leaving the hospital, I was given a prescription for the Isosorbide Dinitrate 20mg 3x a day. I started having angina pains so bad that I was hospitalized because of them. I had never had angina in my life until taking this med. I started cutting the dose slowly and noticed the less I took, the LESS I had angina pains. Now off of the isosorbide and no more angina. I took this med for over a year and endured this horrible pain before I figured it out.”

olbugga · Taken for less than 1 month October 15, 2014

For Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis: “Prior to this medication, I was depending on Nitro exclusively for Angina occurrence, with good results; I now take Isosorbide Dinatrate 10 mg three times daily with very little results, that I can determine. After every pill, I get angina in 1-2 hrs and this lasts until my next dosage. I don't think this medicine is appropriate for me.”

Anonymous December 19, 2010

For Angina: “I have been using this medicine for a few months now. No matter how much I wanted to feel better by doing so, this medicine never made any difference. I still have angina regardless of taking the tablets regularly 20 mg, twice a day.”

Anonymous April 30, 2008

For Angina: “Made a substantial difference in my quality of life. I get about 10 hours of pain free (angina) time per dose. I take a pill 2x daily and get almost full relief. Only time I get some little pain now is after a full dinner and some exertion. Before Isosorbide any exertion caused pain.”