User Reviews for Indocin

Learn more about Indocin.

Indocin Rating Summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 58 medications used in the treatment of Gout, Acute.

Reviews for Indocin to treat Gout, Acute

"The best working medicine for my Gout. Pain reduced 95% within the first hour. I've tried steroid packs and other medicines but this works and works fast. No side effects for me but I follow directions and usually have some food in my stomach before taking."

EddieZ2000 December 11, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Within 24hrs pain and swelling decreased significantly from 10 to 3 on pain scale. My only side effect was diarrhea."

Renndodo (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is great a couple of hours and the pain was gone."

kloon (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Good results for gout within a day or so of treatment. Relieved pain very rapidly, but a bit slower dealing with the swelling. "

GL Jenkins (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After 3 days of initial Prednisone 20mg, the 1st day of Indocin I went from 8-2 on the pain scale! I was so grateful! And NO side effects!"

StevieBloom (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Naproxen and Ibuprofen helped, but didn't stop my gout attack. Indocin made the attack go away in a day!"

60srocker (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Knocks the pain out within a day or two."

rsownbey February 15, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This medicine took the pain away very quickly, but then I had ringing in my ear which was very annoying. I stopped taking because I could not take this side effect."

Anonymous November 5, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Indocin or indomethacin in my opinion is very effective in relieving gout symptoms. Taking 25mg at my first opportunity (the point where I convince myself that I did nothing to stub my toe and it is a gout attack) quickly reduces the pain. I have not experienced the stomach pains or paranoia that the previous post talks about. I always take this medicine with food and drink as directed by my physician."

goutreview June 21, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Gives good relief but gives stomach pains side effect and paranoia side effect if taken more than 3 days"

Anonymous December 19, 2009