User Reviews for Indocin to treat Gout, Acute

Indocin has an average rating of 8.9 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Gout, Acute. 90% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Indocin Rating Summary

8.9/10 average rating

Compare all 45 medications used in the treatment of Gout, Acute.

Reviews for Indocin

EddieZ2000 December 11, 2014

“The best working medicine for my Gout. Pain reduced 95% within the first hour. I've tried steroid packs and other medicines but this works and works fast. No side effects for me but I follow directions and usually have some food in my stomach before taking.”

goutreview June 21, 2010

“Indocin or indomethacin in my opinion is very effective in relieving gout symptoms. Taking 25mg at my first opportunity (the point where I convince myself that I did nothing to stub my toe and it is a gout attack) quickly reduces the pain. I have not experienced the stomach pains or paranoia that the previous post talks about. I always take this medicine with food and drink as directed by my physician.”

GL Jenkins · Taken for less than 1 month October 10, 2013

“Good results for gout within a day or so of treatment. Relieved pain very rapidly, but a bit slower dealing with the swelling. ”

Renndodo · Taken for less than 1 month May 18, 2014

“Within 24hrs pain and swelling decreased significantly from 10 to 3 on pain scale. My only side effect was diarrhea.”

kloon · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2014

“This is great a couple of hours and the pain was gone.”

StevieBloom · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2013

“After 3 days of initial Prednisone 20mg, the 1st day of Indocin I went from 8-2 on the pain scale! I was so grateful! And NO side effects!”

60srocker · Taken for less than 1 month September 11, 2012

“Naproxen and Ibuprofen helped, but didn't stop my gout attack. Indocin made the attack go away in a day!”

rsownbey February 15, 2012

“Knocks the pain out within a day or two.”

Anonymous November 5, 2011

“This medicine took the pain away very quickly, but then I had ringing in my ear which was very annoying. I stopped taking because I could not take this side effect.”

Anonymous December 19, 2009

“Gives good relief but gives stomach pains side effect and paranoia side effect if taken more than 3 days”

Learn more about Gout, Acute