User Reviews for Hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate

Also known as: Atrosept, Cystemms-V, Darcalma, Darpaz, Dolsed, MHP-A, MSP-Blu, Phosenamine, Prosed EC, Trac Tabs 2x, Urapine, Uretron, Uretron DS, Urimax, Urised, UriSym, Uritact DS, Uritact-EC, Uritin, Usept, UTICAP, Utira, Utrona, Utrona-C …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Hyoscyamine/methenamine/methylene blue/phenyl salicylate.

Urinary Tract Infection
7.9

Summary of Hyoscyamine/methenamine/methylene blue/phenyl salicylate reviews 7.9 13 reviews

Reviews for Hyoscyamine/methenamine/methylene blue/phenyl salicylate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I have interstitial cystitis have taken hyophen on three separate occasions (1-4 days at a time) and it only helped once. My bladder felt painfully full even immediately after urinating and it helped the second time I took it for a few days before my bladder calmed down. The other two times it did nothing. Very similar symptoms but no relief. I don't understand and just want some help."

Amanda Norm November 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was put on Uribel for urethral trauma from using a menstrual cup. Not only did it NOT work but it caused my urethra to start burning and I got headaches along with dry throat. My urethra originally only felt like a had to go a lot. But Uribel made it burn and not able to empty my bladder completely. I had to stop taking it."

Grrrrr (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Dry mouth, headache, unusual taste in my mouth. Dryness in throat, nausea. Persistent urinary tract infections in addition to one occurrence of probable pyelonephritis following cathterization during total knee replacement in May 2015. No problems during initial hospitalization. UTI's began immediately following 7 weeks in rehab and were not treated properly."

dfwmims February 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I just started this medication for painful symptoms of Interstitial cystitis. I suffer from bladder spasms, aching, pain while urinating and frequent urges to urinate. After several days on the medication my symptoms are practically gone. I actually feel like a normal person again. I went off the medication for a day and the next morning I woke up with the pain once again. After trying to make it through the day I started back on Uribel that evening. After several doses the symptoms eased once again."

Lcklein602 December 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I developed very sudden urges and discomfort which I thought was a UTI. After many cultures and a negative diagnosis it took 5 months of sheer misery for anyone to tell me I might have IC I am in my 60s this was all new for me. The spasms and urgency are through the roof yet no infection is present. Without Uribel, my life would be unmanageable. As it is, I still can't leave the house too often, but Uribel takes away a lot of the discomfort. I have no idea how or why this happened to me, but at least this medication makes life a little more bearable. The only problem that it may present is that I have developed an inflammation in the public/vaginal area that may be an allergy to this medication. Tests show nothing but inflammation."

Senior gal with new IC March 30, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I am on Medicare Disability and have a Supplimental RX program. I have work Med since I was 15 -41 until I was forced to disability. I also have double scoliosis and I had surgery at Boaton Mass to add rods in my spine and hips and pelvic area. I paid over $4000 In 2015 because this drug is not covered and coating me $200 a month! I cannot afford it and I have to have it! Help me please! I have 2 children and a grandson I can't see due to me RX cost per month!"

Kelley K February 21, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed Urelle for my interstitial cystitis flares, which definitely helped, but my co-pay after insurance was still $200 a month. A new urologist prescribed generic hyophen (which contains the main ingredient in Urelle) and now I only pay $4. It works very well for the pain and urgency of IC. It doesn't take it all away, but nothing does. This makes the difference between being curled up on the floor with a heating pad crying and begging my doctor for narcotics, or being able to go about my daily life at least. It definitely works better than pyridium, and while it does turn your urine bright blue, it doesn't stain your skin and clohing like pyridium. It can take a few hours and several doses before really gets the pain under control for me though."

mitzi1 June 11, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Works great for Interstitial cystitis, urinary tract infection and pretreatment for those who have to catheterize."

skylarsol (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I have Chronic urinary tract infections. This is the best medicine for pain."

Anonymous January 25, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Provides excellent relief for symptoms caused by bladder flares from interstitial cystitis."

Anonymous November 20, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "This the only thing that relieves painful blockages and severe pain as well as lowering high blood pressure sometimes caused by kidney stones. I have found nurses and ER doctors and several emergency rooms and hospitals are not familiar with this drug so I make sure I have several pills on hand at all times. This may have saved my life last summer when nurses misread my doctors instructions and would not give me any during a severe kidney stone crisis. My blood pressure was off the charts. If I had not walked out and gone home to take this, I might not be here. My doctor had gone out of town and he was horrified."

kidney stone kid October 12, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Urised (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "They have stopped making urised. Prosed was substituted and now FDA has pulled it? I need something for interstitial cystits which is now really acting up."

Anonymous August 15, 2008

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Uritact DS (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Have had good results but I now find it hard to get."

sansherm July 17, 2008