User Reviews for Hyoscyamine/methenamine/methylene blue/phenyl salicylate

Urinary Tract Infection
7.8

Reviews for Hyoscyamine/methenamine/methylene blue/phenyl salicylate

Pat · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 22, 2020

Urimax (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate) for Urinary Tract Infection: “Long term use has no known drawbacks”

Whome131 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 19, 2019

“Prescribed Uribel for bladder spasms while having a catheter in. As a 34 year old male having to have a Foley catheter is bad enough (developed chronic urine retention out of the blue still trying to figure out why) the bladder spasms were the worst. The catheter itself from insertion to having it there is uncomfortable but not painful, the bladder spasms though, those are very painful. Uribel has all but eliminated them and I am beyond thankful.”

Just another person December 28, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: “Prescribed Uribel for bladder pain. Symptoms initially improved but then returned along with side effects. Headache, difficulty passing urine, and just feeling sick. Felt a lot better after I stopped taking it and got it flushed out of my system. Probably would have felt better if I just ate the money I spent on this chem.”

Lcklein602 December 13, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I just started this medication for painful symptoms of Interstitial cystitis. I suffer from bladder spasms, aching, pain while urinating and frequent urges to urinate. After several days on the medication my symptoms are practically gone. I actually feel like a normal person again. I went off the medication for a day and the next morning I woke up with the pain once again. After trying to make it through the day I started back on Uribel that evening. After several doses the symptoms eased once again.”

mitzi1 June 11, 2014

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I was prescribed Urelle for my interstitial cystitis flares, which definitely helped, but my co-pay after insurance was still $200 a month. A new urologist prescribed generic hyophen (which contains the main ingredient in Urelle) and now I only pay $4. It works very well for the pain and urgency of IC. It doesn't take it all away, but nothing does. This makes the difference between being curled up on the floor with a heating pad crying and begging my doctor for narcotics, or being able to go about my daily life at least. It definitely works better than pyridium, and while it does turn your urine bright blue, it doesn't stain your skin and clohing like pyridium. It can take a few hours and several doses before really gets the pain under control for me though.”

Senior gal with new IC March 30, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I developed very sudden urges and discomfort which I thought was a UTI. After many cultures and a negative diagnosis it took 5 months of sheer misery for anyone to tell me I might have IC I am in my 60s this was all new for me. The spasms and urgency are through the roof yet no infection is present. Without Uribel, my life would be unmanageable. As it is, I still can't leave the house too often, but Uribel takes away a lot of the discomfort. I have no idea how or why this happened to me, but at least this medication makes life a little more bearable. The only problem that it may present is that I have developed an inflammation in the public/vaginal area that may be an allergy to this medication. Tests show nothing but inflammation.”

Anonymou · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 6, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: “Nothing worked for my interstitial Cystitis until I found Uribel. It saved my life!! I was to the point of wearing adult diapers and taking pain meds just to get out of bed. I was running to the bathroom every 15 minutes in pain. With Uribel my life is 100% normal. I can go 6 hours without going to the bathroom (I teach). Why is it so hard to find it????”

Kelley K February 21, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I am on Medicare Disability and have a Supplimental RX program. I have work Med since I was 15 -41 until I was forced to disability. I also have double scoliosis and I had surgery at Boaton Mass to add rods in my spine and hips and pelvic area. I paid over $4000 In 2015 because this drug is not covered and coating me $200 a month! I cannot afford it and I have to have it! Help me please! I have 2 children and a grandson I can't see due to me RX cost per month!”

kidney stone kid October 12, 2010

For Urinary Tract Infection: “This the only thing that relieves painful blockages and severe pain as well as lowering high blood pressure sometimes caused by kidney stones. I have found nurses and ER doctors and several emergency rooms and hospitals are not familiar with this drug so I make sure I have several pills on hand at all times. This may have saved my life last summer when nurses misread my doctors instructions and would not give me any during a severe kidney stone crisis. My blood pressure was off the charts. If I had not walked out and gone home to take this, I might not be here. My doctor had gone out of town and he was horrified.”

Grrrrr · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I was put on Uribel for urethral trauma from using a menstrual cup. Not only did it NOT work but it caused my urethra to start burning and I got headaches along with dry throat. My urethra originally only felt like a had to go a lot. But Uribel made it burn and not able to empty my bladder completely. I had to stop taking it.”

dfwmims February 9, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: “Dry mouth, headache, unusual taste in my mouth. Dryness in throat, nausea. Persistent urinary tract infections in addition to one occurrence of probable pyelonephritis following cathterization during total knee replacement in May 2015. No problems during initial hospitalization. UTI's began immediately following 7 weeks in rehab and were not treated properly.”

Amanda Norm November 4, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I have interstitial cystitis have taken hyophen on three separate occasions (1-4 days at a time) and it only helped once. My bladder felt painfully full even immediately after urinating and it helped the second time I took it for a few days before my bladder calmed down. The other two times it did nothing. Very similar symptoms but no relief. I don't understand and just want some help.”

Anonymous November 20, 2011

For Urinary Tract Infection: “Provides excellent relief for symptoms caused by bladder flares from interstitial cystitis.”

skylarsol · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 18, 2012

For Urinary Tract Infection: “Works great for Interstitial cystitis, urinary tract infection and pretreatment for those who have to catheterize.”

Anonymous January 25, 2012

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I have Chronic urinary tract infections. This is the best medicine for pain.”

sansherm July 17, 2008

Uritact DS (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate) for Urinary Tract Infection: “Have had good results but I now find it hard to get.”

More about hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate