Hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate Side Effects
Applies to hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate: oral tablet, oral tablet enteric coated
Along with its needed effects, hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur while taking hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate:
Less Common or Rare
- Blurred vision
- eye pain
- skin rash or hives
Symptoms of Overdose
- Blood in urine and/or stools
- drowsiness (severe)
- fast heartbeat
- flushing or redness of face
- headache (severe or continuing)
- lower back pain
- pain or burning while urinating
- ringing or buzzing in the ears
- shortness of breath or troubled breathing
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Some side effects of hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
- Difficult urination (more common with large doses taken over a prolonged period of time)
- dryness of mouth, nose, or throat
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach upset or pain (more common with large doses taken over a prolonged period of time)
This medicine may cause your urine and/or stools to turn blue or blue-green. This is to be expected while you are taking this medicine.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about hyoscyamine/methenamine/methylene blue/phenyl salicylate
- Methenamine, Phenyl Salicylate, Methylene Blue, Benzoic Acid, & Hyoscyamine
- Atropine, hyoscyamine, methenamine, methylene blue, phenyl salicylate, and benzoic acid (Advanced Reading)
- Methenamine, Sodium Phosphate Monobasic, Phenyl Salicylate, Methylene Blue, and Hyoscyamine (Wolters Kluwer)