User Reviews for Dilaudid-HP

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Dilaudid-HP.

Anesthetic Adjunct

Pain

Chronic Pain

1 review 108 medications
Summary of Dilaudid-HP reviews 6.3 8 reviews

Reviews for Dilaudid-HP

For Anesthetic Adjunct "The only medication that works towards a quality of life that is good with no side effects! I have had chronic pain for multiple reasons including cancer. Thank you to my Doctor for understanding and finding the pain relief that is right for me!"

Boomer Bailey (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "Given instead of Oxycodone was told it is much stronger/potent since I started requiring higher doses because my body became use to the dose. Did not help me made me nauseous and gave me a headache. I get the whole government trying to crack down on opiate abuse but for those of us that live in constant intolerable pain it is an endless battle to get pain relief wether it's from DR ,Insurance Companies , pharmaceutical companies manufacturing bad generics that don't work sometimes I feel it would be easier to well you can image"

Pskeggy (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "It was administered in the lowest dosage for post-op pain. No side effects and very effective. Motrin, Tylenol and other OTC pain relief is lacking compared to this. Morphine IMO is not even clo se to effective..I have a low tolerance for pain (distracting at the least). I have a hard time understanding why proven pain meds are so restricted when very low doses are twice as effective long term over generic, higher dose, low effect pain meds.Given a choice, this has been the best chronic pain relief I have experienced. Demerol was discontinued for inpatient use by Morphine..go figure."

Mike Nike (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have many years experience on both the patient and as care giver. Dilaudid is an excellent chronic and acute pain medication. Well tolerated and easily adjustible. All around I give it a score of 9 out of 10."

Rgk420galtx (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 3, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Pain management is moderate. Side effects are awful. Dizzines, nausea and feeling of floating and not being present. "

Jessiesteam (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anesthetic Adjunct "For years whenever I had surgery, minor or major, I would be very very sick afterwards as in vomiting for hours and having to be hospitalized after minor out patient procedures . An anesthesiologist figured out that Dilaudid might be the answer . Bless him for that discovery. I have not been sick since."

Jo momma April 10, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Twice within a calendar year I was admitted to the ER with gastric distress, accompanied with nausea. Dilaudid was used the first time, the pain went quickly away and my nausea stopped. The second time I was given morphine, but it did not work. I asked for Dilaudid specifically. It was given. The pain and nausea went away. I was able to rest/sleep, and after a couple of hours I felt fine, and played golf the next day. For information, alcohol was involved with the first episode but not the last."

Fast Frankie (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "it's very a good medication to relief the pain."

jadou February 17, 2010