User Reviews for Hydrochlorothiazide/losartan

Also known as: Hyzaar

High Blood Pressure   6.4

Reviews for Hydrochlorothiazide/losartan

Tazaz December 6, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “I've been on 100mg losartan/12.5 hydrochloride use for almost 2 months. During the day I'm cold, and my feet are ice. Hurts to walk on them and by 5pm I'm hot and my feet are burning hot. So I don't think this is helping me enough. Also I was peeing 10 to 12 times a day and now down to 5 maybe 6”

Male Subject · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 3, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “Early November 2020, systolic pressure approached 180. Supplements used to lower it to 160 but no further. Started Losartan/HCTZ 50/12.5MG half tab for two days with mild dizziness with first first dose only. On 3rd day began full tab and noticed a reduction of pressure. within a ten day period my pressure stabilized between 120 and 132 throughout the days. Now at 60 days, results remain the same. I still continue to take supplements to control my B.P. along with this medication that was prescribed for hypertension.”

Trish October 20, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “I had stomach issues so bad I thought I had gall bladder and upper GI problems so my Doctor had tests done. They found nothing . All this time having bad allergies , as well as severe stomach pain under my right rib cage. Thinking its Allergies from the environment, seasonal etc. This year I had several really bad attacks that were causing a lot of strain on my airways . After over using my inhaler and my throat closing I relized it has nothing to do with Allergies but an Allergic reaction to this medicine. I had to stop immediately and get a steroid shot to help with my airways. I am still not completely better. I am currently on Lisinopril 10mg. The Doctor prescribed a medicine that has horrible reviews on here called Nifedipen ER 60. I am petrified to take. So I'm not taking it. My BP has always remained high even with the Losatin / HCT and Carvedol . I am no longer taking. I would never recommend this drug . Stay away .”

Jani65 · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 26, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “Was on losartan/hydrochlorithiazide 100/12.5 mg for over 3 years...lowered b/p but had terrible hacking cough and developed asthma in those 3 years while taking daily. Just stopped it per doc instructions and cough has finally went away. Increased hydrochlorithiazide to 25 mg and no losartan at all. B/p lower but not as low as it was on combo. Will continue to monitor but very happy not to be hacking up a lung anymore.”

Jeff · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 4, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “I had been taking Losartan-Hctz 50-12.5 mg for around 4 years. It was working ok for me. 2 months ago I got a cold and I took some cough medicine as well for a week. About one week after I stop taking the cough medicine. I got hives all over my body including head and face. I can't really tell the hives cause by what. I strongly believe the hives were caused by the Losartan-Hctz. I took Famotidine (pepcid) and the hives stopped and disappeared immediately within couple hours. I switched the Lostarn Hctz to Nifedipine the next day and the hives didn't come back. Yup, 4 years; first time of hives. I did notice recently this year my stomach ache was really strong. Not heartburn, but I did feel hungry all the time.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 23, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Started at a low dose, hydrochlorothiazide with losartan now up to 100/25 mgs. Been on it for almost a year and had a significant decrease in my bp. Down to 120/80. Still get a little light headed if I get up too quickly and am constantly thirsty. Minor side effects to control my bp. Now I just need to lose some weight and exercise!”

Joni · Taken for less than 1 month October 31, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I started Losartan 2 weeks ago, BP 184/124. I’ve experienced weight loss / lack of appetite and I feel so much better already.”

Frustrated · Taken for less than 1 month October 23, 2019

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I just started Hyzaar 50 12.5 this morning for high blood pressure. This is the 4th drug that the doctors have tried to use. Within 20 minutes of taking it, I experienced a head rush, as if I had been hit with smelling salts to open up my nasal passage. Then for over 2 hours, I had tachycardia, with my heart pounding. It's been 9 hours since I took my pill, and I am still having tightness in my neck and chest discomfort. When I take a deep breath, it feels like my chest is constricted. It's unpleasant. I am going to see if I can exercise tonight, or if I will be too winded. BTW, I walk all the time and am in good shape. I see the doctor in 3 days. If this keeps up, I need off this medicine, because I don't know how I can live my life with these types of side effects.”

Joy · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 22, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Took 12.5 mg at bedtime for 5 months. Felt like I was going to jump out of my skin. Made me very anxious. Chest and back pain. Did not do much for blood pressure but was on a low dose. Glad to be off this medication.”

kateydid · Taken for less than 1 month August 15, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Sure..it has lowered my BP but at a cost. I have gained 7 lbs in 2 weeks, short of breath, only want carbs, constantly hungry and thirsty. If I am not constantly eating I am shaking indicating low blood sugar. I am not lazy. I do strength training as well as cardio at LEAST 3 x's/wk and up until taking hydrochlorothiazide with losartan I could watch my diet as well as had the metabolism of a person much younger than I. I hate this drug..demanding something better if I have to go completely natural. Horrid drug, horrid past..nope.”

Sideffects · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 16, 2019

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: “Works very well for blood pressure! 6 months into 100/25 mg, I am diabetic now, very painful back pain, gained too much weight and have to up my fiber intake daily. I am Asian, this seems to be very common with other Asian who are on the same meds.”

nursedeb · Taken for less than 1 month December 30, 2018

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I've been on this med for about 3 weeks. I started BP 160/102. Today I took by BP and it is 115/69 and heart rate of 89 . I feel a lot better. Now to lose weight and hopefully get off this med! ”

JMB · Taken for 10 years or more September 6, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “I have been on this medicine for at least 10 years. It controls my BP beautifully. I drink coffee with no problem and even Diet Mountain Dew. I have no reaction with the sun either. For my body this is a great medicine. No side effects at all.”

LorJay · Taken for less than 1 month September 3, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “This drug made me go to the hospital. It gave me a bad headache, so I took some cold and sinus medicine. Bad mistake. Heart PVC's (skipped beats) severe anxiety and a 196/115 pressure reading at the worst of it. I was in the hospital for 2 days. I have had bouts of anxiety now for the last week, things are getting better. I have now radically changed my diet. I am exercising and getting the weight off I am 49yr old 5'9' and 201 pounds. This is a loss of 11 pounds for me. If you are like me and this happens to you ditch the caffeine as well it seems to help.”

Hyzaar Respiratory Issue · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 25, 2018

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: “Be careful with this medication. I caught a bad cold almost a year ago and have been having respiratory issues ever since. I have been diagnosed with asthma and put on the max dose which has helped a good bit but I still feel like this medication caused me to have respiratory issues. The doctors can't find anything wrong other than the asthma. I wish I would have done my research before starting this medicine. I have stopped this medication and will be starting organic medications tomorrow. I am hopeful!”

Mohamed1239 September 24, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “I have been on losartan two and half years. It has lowered my blood pressure to 130/80, I also have kidney disease and my reading of GFR was initially 59 but now it is 47 and it it damaged my kidneys, I also noticed my body takes longer to heal, and muscle loss”

FOCO Karen · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 23, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “Stopped taking Lisinopril because of side effects needed the Losartan 50 mg to keep my BP down no side effects with the Hydrochloride 12.5 mg combo been a year, no complaints.”

cvdixon29 · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 12, 2017

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I've been on this medication two times now. Both times it's helped lower my blood pressure. I was able to come off of it for about 2 years when I got my blood pressure under control and was keeping it that way, but recently my blood pressure has went back up so my Dr put me back on this medication. My prescription is for the generic brand. I have used both the name brand and generic and I couldn't tell any difference..only price was different. I've had no side effects from this medication, it's worked very well. I would recommend it.”

Big tuna 18 August 29, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “This pill nearly killed me!! It took so much salt out of my body that my blood pressure dropped to 42/28 !! I nearly had a stroke/ death situation!!!”

PressureManCL August 11, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “After about 2 weeks on this medication, my BP has lowered tremendously, but the small side effects so far seems to worry me, from muscle weakness, shortness of breath, and lots of confusion and memory loss!!!”

Flying Monkey June 20, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “On this medication for 4 days and my blood pressure went down to 96/76. (I was in the 140-155 range). I felt so tired I didn't take it that night but have since restarted. BP is running 107-127 right now - I check it every morning and every night. Had a few leg cramps but drinking water seems to help. This is the only medication I take so this is all new to me.”

Hibo February 26, 2017

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I have been using this medication for almost 12 years (50/12.5), my blood pressure was ok and most of the periodical blood analysis I made were ok, never had a noticeable side effects. For almost 10 days now, my BP is 150/100 and is not decreasing although I am taking the medicine. The work doctor said that my body might have adapted to the medicine, so I am seeing a specialist today to see what to do..”

Cozar · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 7, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “After being on losaratan potassium 50mg per day for close to a year did slightly decrease my blood pressure; however I just recently acquired an allergic reaction to it. My lips look like two swollen water balloons. Went to the dr and he took me off of it. It's been close to a week off of this drug and my lips still look like day one of my allergic reaction. I'm told this is a rare symptom, lucky me. Dr offered to put me on prednisone to help with the swelling, but prednisone gives me worse side effects. Suffering through it. Very painful. Dr gave it a week for the swelling to go down, if not ? Luckily my tongue nor my throat swelled up, but still scary nonetheless. Be warned.”

Bhmom90210 October 26, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: “Noticeable difference after 2 weeks.”

Rookiy June 26, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: “This medicine makes me slow in the head. Hard to think straight. I can't think straight with this drug.”